PDA

View Full Version : I came out to my gf

Michelle_CD
08-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Wednesday night my gf came over for the first time in a couple weeks (she has been out of town). While she was out of town I told her that I tried on her nightie. When I told her she seemed cool with it but might of thought I was joking. So on Wednesday I brought it up and going with all of the advice I got from here I went ahead and told her. I really can't believe I actually told her. I haven't told anyone except for posting on this sight.

Normally she is full of questions but I really believe I must of caught her off gaurd. She was pretty quiet as I continued to tell her. I didn't go into many details and we left it at that. She ended up staying the night and I thought all was good. I left for work the next morning and we fired text messages back and forth. Turns out she was very nervous about what this would mean in the future and requested that tell her a little more about how I came to CDing. So we decided to meet up last night and talk about it. I was so scared yesterday, nervous and anxious that I didn't get any work done and actually left work early. So I went home and started writing things down.

I got over to her place and we talked about it. She is really not into it but likes me enough to look past it and let me dress as long as she doesn't see it. Right now I am cool with that. It really has been a load off my shoulders. I have been dating her for almost six months and maybe I should have said something sooner but I really didn't feel confident in doing so. Looks like things are going to work out and I thank everyone for the advice I have recieved her about honesty being the best policy. I told her that it was better I told her now then ten years down the road and she agreed.

Thanks everyone,

Michelle

hunny67
08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Well done for being honest with yor gf & i really hope it all works out for you both. My partner told me month or two of knowing each other & im glad he did. i wasnt shocked but i needed to know how far he went so i sked to see pics, after that i couldnt wait to see him fully enfemm. We now live together.

Hunny67 GG

racquel
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Good stuff.Honestly is always be the best policy in any relationship.Good luck:love:

Deborah Jane
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Just take things at her pace now and it should work out O.K.

JULIE33362
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I TOLD MY WIFE 3 MONTH IN TO DATEING HER WE ARE 9 YEARS MARRED NOW ANG SHE LIKE WHEN I DRESS UP HELP ME BUY THINGS LET YOU GIRL READ ABOUT CDING IT WILL HELP BOTH OF YOU ALL MY LOVE JULIE:love:

Dee Talbot
08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Kudos to you on your honesty and bravery in sharing this important part of who you are. Best wishes!!!

Dee

Darlene-VA
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Well done with being up front with her and best of luck on the journey both of you are getting ready to take

Rosaliy Lynne
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Several of my friends told their wives YEARS after they were married. Believe me when I say, from observations, these women love their men but aren't best pleased that they did not know about this long before. While they are generally supportive, some appear to be only barely tolerating up to a point. It continues to be a growth issue. The fact that they are together still speaks well for their relationships as a whole altho ugh there are times you could cut the tension in a room with a knife.

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Good for you for being honest with her.

How she'll take it a few months or years from now, is hard to say. Everyone is different. If it doesn't work out, don't let that discourage you from being honest the next time. But, wishing you the best with your current GF.

az_azeel
08-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Good for you michelle, it takes a lot of courage and hopefully things will work out well between the two of you

Take care :hugs:

Zee
08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Honesty is under-rated these days, with all the reality shows that contradict the "honesty is the best policy", all the politicians in government, all the media with their distorted views...

There is nothing more important that being honest in a relationship. Imagine if you hadn't been honest about it... and she CAUGHT you? Your relationship would have taken a massive turn for the worst.

Congratulations, Michelle. Respect and honour her wishes. You will be rewarded 10 fold. She will need time to get used to the idea. She will let you know when she is ready for and future steps.

switcheralso
08-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I am glad you wrote out your thoughts. I wrote a letter to my wife and she read it with me.

Carla4Guage
08-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Congrats on being honest with your girlfriend. Maybe the next step is to introduce her to this site. My SO is still semi OK with my CDing, but I think (know) that she has read quite a few of the comments and looked at discussions that the GGs have posted here.

Once the initial shock what over, and a few fears overcome, she has become less nervous of our future.

Melinda G
08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Many women act like they are OK with it, while they consider their options, and look around for someone else. Women rarely tell you what they are really thinking.

Zee
08-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Many women act like they are OK with it, while they consider their options, and look around for someone else. Women rarely tell you what they are really thinking.

One of my friends suggested that if a GM could see into the mind of a GG, the GM would find himself insane.

The woman mind works in mysterious ways. Many aspouse the value of honesty, yet they hide their emotions and feelings to a degree that when one little slip from their SO could create a flood of issues spilling out, and the GM sits there and has no idea what has happened.

The cool thing about a woman is once its out, and a few tears later, they are good to go for while longer. The trick is not to be offended when the emotional dam bursts, but to be supportive and listen... even though it may take great self control.

Typically, females will hide their true feelings about someone (at least until that someone is out of the room). I really have no idea why this happens, but I sense it has something to do with up-bringing combined with friendships. A woman will open up only when she feels safe to do so.

In the end, until the emotional damn breaks, the only thing I can do is play the waiting game. When it breaks, I will listen without contibuting to her conversation. A few days later, when she feels a bit better, I will then speak with her. What else can one do???

Alice B
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Excellent approach to the subject. I think things will get better as time goes by and she becomes used to the idea.:hugs:

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Honesty is under-rated these days, with all the reality shows that contradict the "honesty is the best policy", all the politicians in government, all the media with their distorted views...

There is nothing more important that being honest in a relationship. Imagine if you hadn't been honest about it... and she CAUGHT you? Your relationship would have taken a massive turn for the worst.

Congratulations, Michelle. Respect and honour her wishes. You will be rewarded 10 fold. She will need time to get used to the idea. She will let you know when she is ready for and future steps.

I agree :loser:, & congratulations to you both- her for having an honest, brave CD partner, & you for having an open-minded, brave S/O. I hope your journey together is beautiful & magical!!

Hugz to both of you,

Veronica