PDA

View Full Version : Question From a Young Crossdresser

-Red-
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm nineteen years-old and I figured out at a young age that I enjoyed dressing up in woman's clothing. That is about the extent of it though, I'm not into the make-up or wigs or anything else, just the clothes. I do it for the sole purpose of feeling sexy and free, it's wonderful. I am even engaged right now to a girl who is perfectly fine with it and is encouraging me to do it, she's even willing to buy clothes with me haha.

Here's my problem though....I'm a heavyset guy. Currently 6'0 and 250lbs. I don't look obese, luckily but it's very obvious that I am fat. Should I continue to crossdress? I can't honestly see myself as ever dropping a lot of weight, exercising is not my thing, I just can't get into it. Soon I'm going to try and swim off a few inches but that's it. No, I refuse to take diet pills as well. But what I'd like to know is, does it matter? Is crossdressing restricted to thin androgynes looking men or do you fellow crossdressers accept overweight people into the society?

I know, it's an odd question but I'd be really thankful for some advice.

Deborah Jane
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
If you and your gf are happy, go with it! Size don,t matter!!

hunny67
08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
If you and your gf are happy, go with it! Size don,t matter!!

I agree, so go for it. :happy:

Phoebe Reece
08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Red, check out the photo section of the forum and you will see that crossdressers come in every size and shape. Not everyone will be supermodel thin. There are quite a few out there bigger than you are. You are certainly welcome to this group. With the right clothes selection you can camoflage your size quite a bit. I am 6'-0" and about 230 pounds myself. I dress femme and go out quite a bit without any problems and without appearing particularly overweight.

Jennilouise
08-24-2007, 07:32 PM
all that matters if cding makes you happy then you should continue to dress as your gf is cool wiht it, then go for it

Faith_G
08-24-2007, 07:36 PM
It sounds to me like you're too hung up on your appearance. If you do it for the feeling, why worry about how you look? To most people, a 6 foot tall fat guy in a dress doesn't look any wierder than a 6 foot tall skinny guy in a dress.

Before anyone gets offended, I'm 6'2" and weigh 215 - I look like a tall fat guy in a dress. :haha: If crossdressing for me was about looking good, I'd have even lower self esteem than I do now. :D

Toyah
08-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Look around there is every shape and size here

joann07
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Definitely, its all about what makes you happy.
I've met some tall women who are gorgeous gals so there's nothing wrong about being tall.

Regarding your size and weight, you can lose pounds by just eating healthy and not dieting. For example, I used to eat fast-food, snack-foods, and candy bars, all the time, but now I rarely ever do, but every now and then I'll treat myself to a Big-Mac or something.
If you eat heathly foods like chicken or fish, salads, and drink orange juice or water, with a moderate amount of exercise, you'll shed pounds. And if you feel like eating a burger or a pizza, treat yourself every once in a while. Its good. I've combined eating healthy with salsa dancing and I've lost several pounds. Now my waist has gotten smaller.
Anyway, those are just my thoughts and experiences.

Remember tall is beautiful. :doll:

Hugs!

Darlene-VA
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
If it makes you happy pursue it completely we come in all sizes and shapes and age groups

Rachel Morley
08-24-2007, 08:18 PM
From what I've heard, being a (somewhat) overweight crossdresser has its advantages. It makes your face plumper and therefore more softer (feminine?) looking, it can often give you small "boobs" so that you have more than just forms in your bra and thus enables you to get really good cleavage. Also, more fat (apparently) means more estrogen in your system :happy:

It doesn't matter what you look, like it only matters how you feel .... especially if you don't plan on going out crossdressed in public.

Trinni
08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
The fact that you have someone whom you can share this with should say it all. Don't sweat the small stuff and dress, dress, dress.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm nineteen years-old and I figured out at a young age that I enjoyed dressing up in woman's clothing. That is about the extent of it though, I'm not into the make-up or wigs or anything else, just the clothes. I do it for the sole purpose of feeling sexy and free, it's wonderful. I am even engaged right now to a girl who is perfectly fine with it and is encouraging me to do it, she's even willing to buy clothes with me haha.

Here's my problem though....I'm a heavyset guy. Currently 6'0 and 250lbs. I don't look obese, luckily but it's very obvious that I am fat. Should I continue to crossdress? I can't honestly see myself as ever dropping a lot of weight, exercising is not my thing, I just can't get into it. Soon I'm going to try and swim off a few inches but that's it. No, I refuse to take diet pills as well. But what I'd like to know is, does it matter? Is crossdressing restricted to thin androgynes looking men or do you fellow crossdressers accept overweight people into the society?

Continue. Some of my gf's are very overweight. And yet, they actually look better as women than they do as men. You are who you are hon so do not let weight be a factor. What and who you are is what is inside. The outside is just the packaging. Be comfortable with yourself and go from there.

Just so you know I am down to 208 or so from about maybe 218. My normal size is still 18/20 BUT I can now wear size 16W AND, depending on the material and cut, some size 14's. I also have this lovely peach skirt that is - are you ready for this? - size 12. Dayam I feel good!!!. Btw I am 6'1.5 in my stocking feet.

angelfire
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm 6'2, 230lbs. Used to be 340lbs. Like everyone else said, you are who you are, and it doesn't matter if you are big or small. Not all girls are rail thin, and neither are guys. Therefore, logic dictates, if not all guys, and not all girls are thin, then not all guys dressing as girls, or girls dressing as guys would be thin either.

The world takes all kinds. Welcome.

BarbaraTalbot
08-24-2007, 09:10 PM
If you do it and as you said "feeling sexy and free". The by all means, looking at how others enjoy it is irrelevant.

It not like you were skinny and liked it and now feel awkward!!

I guess I had similar predjudices. I thought that BECAUSE I was (at the time, not so much now) really skiny and short that all the comments that caused about me bing less masculine CAUSED my interest in femme dressing.

Not so! I do find that I am a little more enthusiastic about my slimming figure but that is because as I lose weight down to where I was when I started, it is more the image I have of myself.

Your self image is obviously very comfortable about being a larger gal...This is great and healthy.

If your girlfriend through medical conditions, pregnancy, age, inactivity,dietary changes finds herself heavier, should she give up wanting to look pretty? Of course not! Just have fun with it.

trannie T
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
While the skinny little crossdressers may look better than those of size I doubt if they are having a better time. The only reason we can find clothes in our size is because there are lots of plus size women out there.

Zee
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
6'3 255lbs (dropped 5 lbs in a week YAY!)

I am trying to loose weight, but not because of crossdressing (though I it may be an added benefit). I really want to be healthy and live a long life. I want to see my kids grow up and persue their dreams. I have stopped drinking pop, and have cut my diet down considerably in the last week.

There are a lot of women who are of the heavy set variety. Size doesn't matter

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

Do what makes you happy. Live a long and fruitful life. Enjoy the simple pleasures of life. IF that entails crossdressing... go for it!

Karren H
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I went from 220 to 170 in 9 months when I started playing ice hockey again.... No pills just exersize and watching what you eat... And no snacks after dinner!!!

Karren

Val702
08-25-2007, 04:58 AM
You are so blessed to have such an awesome woman! I think that there are fat girls. Some of which I find attractive. Even married one once. So why not a fat crossdresser? truthfully I think my build which is not fat makes it kinda difficult for me to look girly enough. Where are these great women some of us giry guys have. I need one.

Lawren
08-25-2007, 06:27 AM
If you enjoy it, then do it. Don't worry about your size. GGs come in all sizes and shapes too. My wife is fond of saying that there are a lot of worse things that a man can do.

CindyJ
08-25-2007, 06:31 AM
If you stop most likely you will be unhappy and feel like something is missing! IMHO a person should do what makes them feel right, and compleat as a person. As far as overwhight look around, most of todays population is overwhight! For you my friend with an accepting so live and enjoy your life to the fullest, have fun with your CDing. Always remember communacation with your SO is the key to happyness. hope this helps.
huggs Cindy

Jillm
08-25-2007, 06:31 AM
You should only do what you feel comfortable and happy with.

Mitch23
08-25-2007, 06:33 AM
Just go for it - there's plenty of 6' 250lb women around!

Mitch

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm 5'9" and at around 250 lbs. Down from 266 a couple of months ago. I have no worries about going out dressed.

You mentioned not having a wig and such. So I assume you don't plan on going out anytime soon. So, why worry about your size?

I lost weight by eating proper and I swim a mile almost every morning. Just takes determination. Not only for health reasons (diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke) but there is more variety in clothing available in the smaller sizes.

CourtneyinTaylor
08-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I know exactly what your feeling i went threw the same thing. All you have to do is find something that makes you feel good and look good too. My self I'm 6-1 290 thank god I don't look it. yes that's me in the avatar on the side here. and once i figure out how ill post more. but its all about you and making sure your happy.

Michelle04240
08-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Your size matters not to me. People come in all shapes and sizes.

Hell....depending on the picture and what I had for lunch, sometimes I come in all shapes and sizes :tongueout

docrobbysherry
10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
The people in our country, men and women, r the fattest in the world. Being fat just puts u with the majority. However, u r quite young to weigh so much. It is not your looks, but your health that concerns me!
RS

Red, check out the photo section of the forum and you will see that crossdressers come in every size and shape. Not everyone will be supermodel thin. There are quite a few out there bigger than you are. You are certainly welcome to this group. With the right clothes selection you can camoflage your size quite a bit. I am 6'-0" and about 230 pounds myself. I dress femme and go out quite a bit without any problems and without appearing particularly overweight.

jaina
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM

womens plus size.
Your not alone.

Vaerise
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Crossdressing isn't limited to feminine / androgynous looking males. Anyone can do it. It is simply a term for anyone who enjoys wearing feminine clothing.
There are CDers who go the full distance and CDers who are closet and only wear specific items.

Do you crossdress in private or do you intend to go public?
Is being passable an important aspect? If you only intend to CD in private or at private gatherings where people already know you for who you are. I don't think body size is an issue at all. That being said.. there are GG who are heavy set built as well.

you fellow crossdressers accept overweight people into the society?

I don't think this question should even be asked! ;) Nobody sets the standards or have the right to judge you for choosing any particular hobby.