PDA

View Full Version : Remember the bathroom brouhaha in Scottsdale AZ?

Dee Talbot
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, it just keeps getting better and better: link (http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0824sr-transgender0825-ON.html)

Now, a planned concert including a TG singer has been cancelled at the same establishment. This goes so far beyond sharing a bathroom. This is a concert cancellation due to someone's transgendered status. The owner of the club justifies this action by stating there was a scheduled TG picketing of the event. I think this idiot is just digging himself deeper and deeper into the pit of potential and upcoming lawsuits!!

Dee

Toyah
08-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Mountain mole hill for me
I could be wrong but does a club have to provide every facility for one nights gig, I think not !!!

Rosaliy Lynne
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
In many places there are no rules about who can use what bathroom facility. In general, if you dress en femme, and behave as a female would, and don't gawk at other women like you had never seen them before, go in and do what you are there to do and leave the room, I see no problem.

When out en femme, I use the facility appropriate to my attire. It makes more sense than entering the mens room in the appearance of a woman. I do what I go in for and leave. I pay no more attention to the other people there than I would in the mens room other than to assure a safe and uneventful use of the facilities.

Moral of the story: when you make a mountain out of a mole hill, you are asking for bigger problems than you might expect.

trannie T
08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
The hot Arizona sun must be baking their brains pretty good down there.

Zee
08-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, he made his bed and now has to sleep in it...
Wants his cake and eat it too...
Mountain he wants to die on...

(My motto, leave no cliche unturned)

Kate Simmons
08-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Takes all kinds, I guess.:rolleyes:

Deidra Cowen
08-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Very interesting thread sweetie. I looked at the Arty then read down thru all the comments.

If you can believe the posters that are claiming to be Trans...and I do. It all started with one Tgirl standing in the stall in the ladies room with her feet pointed the wrong way. Stupid girl!!!! Same thing has happened in Atlanta a couple of times I know of.

But I do think the bar owner is a jerk, and its obvious he has lied about a bunch of stuff since different new organizations got quotes from him where he contradicted himself.

Anyway out at the straight bars and regular resturants...this is always a sticky problem. We need a place to go to the restroom, its way too dangerous to go to the Mens Room.

Yet GGs feel threatened by us which I understand, esp since if you get a group of Tgirls in a bar, just about always someone in the crew of CDs is not going to behave correctly. Not just standing to use the toilet either, sometimes I get uncomfortable how my freinds will sometimes get too chatty in the Ladies Room with the GGs. Unless you are at some wild fetish club...ya really gotta watch that. Just do your buisness while sitting, be polite but not chatty and get back out of there!

Anyway it is a problem and I sure don't know a quick fix.

Kieron Andrew
08-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Well, it just keeps getting better and better: link (http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0824sr-transgender0825-ON.html)

Now, a planned concert including a TG singer has been cancelled at the same establishment. This goes so far beyond sharing a bathroom. This is a concert cancellation due to someone's transgendered status. The owner of the club justifies this action by stating there was a scheduled TG picketing of the event. I think this idiot is just digging himself deeper and deeper into the pit of potential and upcoming lawsuits!!

Deethis totally sucks...considering one of the top gender surgeons works in Scottsdale AZ..... http://www.tmeltzer.com/ what an idiot, someone needs to tell him to get a life

Jillm
08-25-2007, 06:29 AM
I completely agree with ya Deidre

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Makes me wonder who's quoting who, and which is more accurate. Two days ago, the news was different, and Anderson, the owner was apparently singing a different tune.
http://www.kpho.com/news/13958783/detail.html

Anderson's Invites Transgender Band To Play
By KTAR.com

POSTED: 10:09 am PDT August 23, 2007

PHOENIX -- KTAR uncovered an interesting twist in the case of the Scottsdale bar owner who's banned transgenders.

Anderson's Fifth Estate has invited Psychic TV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_TV) to play on Monday. Tom Anderson said he's made special bathroom arrangements for transgenders on that night only.

"Yeah, isn't that a contradiction in to my style," said Anderson.

Anderson recently made news when he banned the transgender crowd from his Anderson's Fifth Estate nightclub after complaints of men in women's clothing using the ladies room became a big deal. But now Anderson has decided to bring a popular transgender band to play there.

"I will not budge. I will not change from that," Anderson said. "I'm hosting this special night for them to come in just to show that Anderson's can put on events like this that the transgender crowd can come and enjoy."

Anderson said transgenders will still be banned; this is a one-time exception.

At the center of the controversy is Michele DeLaFreniere, a transgender woman who filed a sex discrimination complaint with the Attorney General's office after being banned from the club. She said she's confused.

"His moves are kind of slapping us all in the face, personally," DeLaFreniere said. "He won't want us in there and yet he brings in a national act that is transgender."

DeLaFreniere may protest the event.

Some are asking Anderson what gives, why the transgender band?

"I'm damned if I do. I'm damned if I don't," Anderson said. "There's no easy solution to this whole thing. I'm just hosting a very popular band that they like that they can come and enjoy this band."

"As far as changing and allowing transgenders to use the women's room -- no," Anderson said.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Very interesting thread sweetie. I looked at the Arty then read down thru all the comments.

If you can believe the posters that are claiming to be Trans...and I do. It all started with one Tgirl standing in the stall in the ladies room with her feet pointed the wrong way. Stupid girl!!!! Same thing has happened in Atlanta a couple of times I know of.

But I do think the bar owner is a jerk, and its obvious he has lied about a bunch of stuff since different new organizations got quotes from him where he contradicted himself.

Anyway out at the straight bars and regular resturants...this is always a sticky problem. We need a place to go to the restroom, its way too dangerous to go to the Mens Room.

Yet GGs feel threatened by us which I understand, esp since if you get a group of Tgirls in a bar, just about always someone in the crew of CDs is not going to behave correctly. Not just standing to use the toilet either, sometimes I get uncomfortable how my freinds will sometimes get too chatty in the Ladies Room with the GGs. Unless you are at some wild fetish club...ya really gotta watch that. Just do your buisness while sitting, be polite but not chatty and get back out of there!

Anyway it is a problem and I sure don't know a quick fix.

But I do agree that if you are going to dress like a woman and use the ladies room - you better BEHAVE like a woman and that means - stay in character and sit. It is not a status symbol to use the rest room - it is something you have to do so do it and get out. Big mistake to chat up the ladies in the rest room esp after giving yourself away like that. They will think the worst of you AND every other t-girl too.

Think we oughta bitch-slap those fools??

Charleen
08-25-2007, 09:53 AM
What got me was the ignorance and hatred in alot of the comments to the article!

Dee Talbot
08-25-2007, 02:34 PM
But I do agree that if you are going to dress like a woman and use the ladies room - you better BEHAVE like a woman and that means - stay in character and sit. This is the really sad part. She had used this restroom many times in the past, and always remembered to sit. The ONLY reason she wasn't sitting, was because she was kneeling and being ill into the toilet. She discussed this in an interview after the incidnet. And it wasn't a question of her being drunk. She was legitimately ill and got sick.

If Tom Anderson doesn't want the business, that's fine. Tempe is right next door, and has traditionally been openminded. In fact, a TG woman is running for city manager right now. And the former mayor of Tempe is the current President of GLAAD.

Dee