PDA

View Full Version : WalMart shopping

sissystephanie
08-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I went to a local WalMart today to get some things that my GGF in Scotland had asked for. Being the "lady" that I am, I of course had to pick up a few things too. My friend had asked for a particular mascara, and I liked the look of it. So I got one mascara, two different pink lipsticks and a pretty pink nail polish.

Then on the way to the checkout I passed the ladies department. Well gee, a girl has to look doesn't she? Found 3 really nice tops, 1 very nice skirt, and 2 pairs of ladies shorts all on 50% off sale. Great bargains! Then the best part! As I was being checked out, the SA said, "your wife must really trust your judgement to let you buy all this stuff by yourself." I looked right at her and said, "my wife died two years ago. These things are all for me." She said, "oh!" Then she looked at me for a few moments, picked up the prettiest top and the skirt, and said, "you will really look nice in this with your tan!"
The lady behind me in line was standing there with her mouth open, not believing what she had just heard.(I guess!) I just smiled and told the SA, "Thank you, I thought so too!" A great shopping trip all around.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes
The "sometimes" is because my GGF also likes me to be her man

trannie T
08-24-2007, 09:53 PM
It is fun outing myself to salesclerks. Most are pretty cool about it and a few are incredulous.

JamesAlan
08-25-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm the type that it wouldn't bother me a bit. Then again...I'm dating a ts, why should it bother me? :)

cami.farr
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
If you can't be yourself at 74 then you never will be. Glad to see that you have arrived. Congratulations, I need to follow in your foot steps.

Val702
08-25-2007, 05:07 AM
I love Walmart this time of year! Even though I ain't totaly comfortable shopping there. They usualy have awesome stuff I can't even find on Ebay! I just started to rebuild my wardrobe recent. I had to get me some pleated minis. Those cute pull over sweaters with the shirt collars and short sleaves sewn in are bomb. and Gasp! I found a replacement pair of girly combat boots there last week! My firs pair were from there, but I lost them moving :( ! I some times get a reaction from the cashier like "those boots are so cute." But I still get a little apprehensive. My fave thigh highs are at Wal Mart. Stocked up on em!

Jillm
08-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Sounds like it was a good trip to the store, I personally found that the cliental at Walmart is not very accepting of cder’s.

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Good for you Stephanie. :)

My son was let go from Walmart, on trumped up charges he was set up for. So I will rarely go there anymore.

Found a couple of nice plaid mini's and a very pretty tea rose nightie at one while in Texas a few years ago, however. Need to lose 20 lbs to fit in them again, though.

Crissy Kay
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I buy some fem stuff at Wal mart every so often. Never had any problems.

Trinni
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm glad you were able to give that response. I never would have had the guts to do that. Once I bought a full array of make-up items from Costco and the cashier said with a smile, jokingly, "thoses color will look great on you." I laughed and replied, "Gee thanks". Since it seemed like a joke I just played it off but as for your situation I would have gone with the "My wife does trust me" or something like that.

sissystephanie
08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm glad you were able to give that response. I never would have had the guts to do that. Once I bought a full array of make-up items from Costco and the cashier said with a smile, jokingly, "thoses color will look great on you." I laughed and replied, "Gee thanks". Since it seemed like a joke I just played it off but as for your situation I would have gone with the "My wife does trust me" or something like that.

I had the same thing happen to me at a Costco, but my response was, "I certainly hope so, it took long enough to pick them out!" The cashier was speechless for a few seconds, then smiled and said, "well, you did a good job."

I have given up trying to hide what I am. This is me, take it or leave it!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

angelfire
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I went into a walmart last week, and while I was looking around the store to make sure I didn't know anyone there, turns out this girl I know from junior highschool was working there. I chatted with her a bit, then left. I'm not ready to out myself just yet.

Meeshell
08-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I bought a black bra and two pairs of panties at a Wal-mart by myself(I usually shop with my wife) but wasn't brave enough to face a SA so I went through the self-check isle. I know, but maybe someday.