PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible? (read because we try too hard?)

sara_also
08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I was just wondering about the age old question of passing.
Is it possible that many of us (cd,tg,ts,etc.) are read because we try too hard to be fem. I know the idea is to dress to blend in, and thats good, but what about our manerisms? The way we sway too much? the way we swing our arms? The way we always try to look perfect?
What about being over confident and appearing arrogant?

Just wondering what the thoughts of other members of this forum might be.

I am looking for your thoughts on things to watch for so that I might be able to pass a little easier....A selfish motive, but I wish to be the best I can.
Thanks in advance.........

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Ya know, it's funny...
Feminine mannerisms (walking, talking, etc.) seem to come natural & fairly easy for me. But when I tried focused practicing in preparation for my first venture in public, my S/O said I was over-doing it & I'd probably get scrutinized that way in public. So now all I do is try to feel my femininity as much as I can- then the mannerisms take care of themselves more naturally.

Hugz,

Veronica

Mitch23
08-25-2007, 12:21 PM
don't know whether i get read or not - don't really care any more - I just get out there and do it. I feel girly so I suppose unless under close scrutiny (which is rare) then I am girly!

Mitch

Kate Simmons
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Those have always been my feelings Sara. I do not go out of my way to act Femme but invariably get taken that way a lot anyway. I don't think it's the looks or moves so much as it is the mindset and determination. The funny thing is, I act like myself either way. One of life's little mysteries I guess.:happy:

Toyah
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Do we pass? nope not even the good ones, if you want to go out have a good time but please dont think no one notices you are a tranny

shannonsilk
08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
here is a link that shows the way men and women walk.

i wish i knew why men are "+" and women "-"

i am more of a neutral these days.

Carroll
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
In some cases it might be the way some of us dress. Lets face it, most women don't wear mini skirts, fishnet stockings, and high top lace boots. Cruise through the picture section and look at the pictures of us. Some pass extremely well, while others are not even close. Now, mind you, this is not a slam because I have seen some girls here that wouldn't pass the start line in one picture and the next picture rival a supermodel. I look in the mirror and say "no way can I pass" and then find know one notices (The few times I have been out). If it is a big deal, work on your walk and voice to start with.
Who really cares...its all about you being yourself anyways:2c:

Sally24
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Do we pass? nope not even the good ones, if you want to go out have a good time but please dont think no one notices you are a tranny
Let's not overgeneralize please. I know a handful of T-girls that can go anywhere and not be read. In addition I have seen many TS girls that could knock your socks off.

I personally have sat in a DMV office with kids, mothers,teenagers, and old people all inches from me for over an hour without so much as a second look. Without using my voice (still a work in progress) I can pass on good days probably with 90% of the population. That is passing, not blending in and being invisible. I don't dress to be invisible, just to fit in and look attractive. IMHO

Oh.......almost forgot the original question. Being read because of trying too hard. Well, I would have to say that being just overly made-up (hard to avoid with a heavy beard) is a big clue. Being too feminine in dress, read too dressed up for the venue, would be another biggie. You do have to look like you just cleaned up and put your clothes on without fussing too much. That is also the aim of your average GG when she is getting dressed up! The effort is to make yourself look good without people seeing the amount of effort it took to acheive the "look". That is how you get a natural look.

Kate Simmons
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Well said Sally. Sometimes the only way to get the look you mentioned is by experience.:happy: