PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed this too? (miss make-up in guy mode)

Chantelle CD
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
The more i ware make up, the more i look at myself without it on in guy mode, i get this real strange feeling of being a girl without make up on, my eyes look so small, i have a hard time feeling normal without it on now, i mean, i feel like my normal guy self, but looking at myself....i dont know how to explain it....I think it just changed the way i see myself in guy mode somehow. Has anyone noticed something like this too ?

Zee
08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, I have the same feelings, I have often caught myself going out with it on, completely forgetting that I am wearing make-up... One day I will slip up... there is no question of if, just a matter of when.

Kate Simmons
08-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Without getting too scientific , it's not too hard to explain Chantelle. By doing what we do, our neural patterns have been somewhat "re-wired". It's no surprise to me that we see the "girl" no matter what mode we are in. It may seem a little freaky at first but I've come to accept it and go with it. It's a win/won situation anyway and is additive once we accept it rather than subtractive if we don't.:happy:

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 01:23 PM
When I first began wearing make-up I had a hard time believing I had any hopes of passing, because I could see the man underneath so clearly. Nowadays (like you) I look at myself en-drab & see mostly the woman inside. In fact, sometimes I wonder if others view me as femme-looking in guy mode. I don't really mind (anymore) either way, but it would be interesting to know. I actually like just catching myself in the mirror & seeing flashes of my femininity. Sometimes I've even given myself "flirty" looks in the mirror! :battingeyelashes::heehee:

Hugz,

Veronica

stefcd1
08-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Girls, I agree. If I am wearing a nice blouse and skirt or dress and haven't put my makeup on, when I look at myself in the mirror I think "I am not complete. My eyes look so plain and with no lipstick - yuk" I am more comfortable being a woman than a guy and am quickly reaching the point where being a guy will be a stranger feeling than being female.

Trinni
08-26-2007, 05:46 AM
I can understand if you wear make-up a lot than that could easily happen. When you do anything all the time or most of the time it feels strange when it is not done. As for me, since I don't get the chance to dress up that often, I would hove to say no.

JeanneF
08-26-2007, 08:10 AM
I've noticed a lot more of my femininity in the mirror lately...I like the "girl without makeup" analogy...describes it well.

What drives me nuts is when I'm in boy mode and my skin looks like hell. For example, with as hot as it's been in the Midwest lately (90+ days for the last month), my skin is really flush and blotchy. The temptation to wear a light layer of foundation to even out my skin tone is huge.

Also, looking at my eyes and thinking "just a little mascara and liner and they would look SO much better"...

Jillm
08-26-2007, 08:45 AM
When I get up in the morning, If I don’t’ drink that pot of coffee I feel bla all day. It’s the same with makeup, when I don’t have it on it’s just doesn’t seem right. That’s why I always look forward to the weekend. Reminds me of a song, everybody’s working for the weekend (so they can go out and crossdress).lol

Darlene-VA
08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Since I spend almost all of my time totally dressed now being in boy mode for anytime just doesn't feel right and the feeling that comes from putting on my makeup and having it turn out just right is a wonderful feeling

Angie G
08-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't know about looking better but I feel better with make-op on :hugs:
Angie

willowgurl
08-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I've discovered that without my makeup, I look ten to fifteen years older, than I do when I have done a good job applying "my face". I like looking femme and younger too! Willow

Deidra Cowen
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I notice that all the time just like you do sweetie. Oh lord woke up this morning after staying up late last night clubbin...took one look at the tired looking middle-aged guy in the mirror and thought "YUK!" :p

Cara Allen
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Girls, I agree. If I am wearing a nice blouse and skirt or dress and haven't put my makeup on, when I look at myself in the mirror I think "I am not complete. My eyes look so plain and with no lipstick - yuk" I am more comfortable being a woman than a guy and am quickly reaching the point where being a guy will be a stranger feeling than being female.

I used to be happy just climbing into a bra and panties, but that has long since passed. If I don't have time to be me right, it seems like a travesty, somehow... Just me?

And waht makes this worse, is I am sooo finicky. I love playing with makeup, and can easily take two hours to get ready! I know some girls that claim they can get ready in 15 minutes. This girl is waay to much into perfection.

Cara Allen
08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I've discovered that without my makeup, I look ten to fifteen years older, than I do when I have done a good job applying "my face". I like looking femme and younger too! Willow

Ohhh, yeah!

jozee
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
i dont wear it, and i dont go out dressed, except at halloween, so i dont see it being a problem

Veronica 1
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I am just progressing from nail polish to makeup and I have a long way to go. lol At the same time, I feel that I am not complete without it, there is just something about looking the best that I can that I cannot put aside. This is a feeling that I have had ever since I first put on make-up and ended up looking like a Panda. I am getting a litle better at it now , but it is a voyage of discovery (an expensive one at that). lol

BarbaraTalbot
08-26-2007, 05:36 PM
When I first began wearing make-up ...I could see the man underneath so clearly. ..... In fact, sometimes I wonder if others view me as femme-looking in guy mode. I don't really mind (anymore)

I still do and it affects how I think of myself en femme in a mirror or in a picture, but I can feel the slide into Barbara mode sometimes and when I do, I see her in the mirror.

I used to be happy just climbing into a bra and panties, but that has long since passed. ....I am sooo finicky...... This girl is waay to much into perfection.

I was only a closeted CD in whatever I found and it wasn't really about stepping into the girl I saw's shoes exactly as much as Dashing through briefly. The more "real" Barbara becomes, the more it feels like all or nothing. I have to remind myself when I don't have time and privacy that if a little under dressing will keep my femme side from fleeing in horror from my masculine side, its worth doing. Kind of like an electrical ground.

Mary Morgan
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Absolutely. I miss my make-up, my forms, my wig, my clothes. I hate having to change back to my drab self. Frankly, I don't think I look very good without my make-up. I look like a guy, ick!