PDA

View Full Version : Tgirl

Rhonda480
08-25-2007, 02:45 PM
How is a Tgirl different from a CDer? Sorry for my ignorance, but I sometimes find my self lost in abbreviations and terminology. Is there a list of these terms? OMG (know that one) I might find out that I am something totally different...:hugs:

Deborah Jane
08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I think it,s the same thing, just different terms!!

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 03:24 PM
My understanding is that "T-girl" covers all our sisters- CD's, Transexuals, & Drag-Queens. CD's are crossdressers.

Hugz,

Veronica

Fab Karen
08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
T-Girl & Transgender are generic terms for everyone from a CD to a TransSexual ( TS ).

Sally24
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
T-girl is usually thought to be short for Transgendered Girl. I hear it used mostly to refer to crossdressers or transexuals who are out in public, especially when they are not trying to blend-in as GGs. The native habitat of the American T-girl (clothesaholic transgenderis) is usually trendy to slightly bent type clubs and lounges in major metropolitan areas. They can usually be identified by their colorful plumage and tall pointy feet.
:heehee:

sissystephanie
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
T-Girl & Transgender are generic terms for everyone from a CD to a TransSexual ( TS ).

Not in the correct definition, Karen. The usual definition for a T-Girl is a person, in this case a man, who thinks they were born in the wrong body. A TransSexual is a person who either has had SRS, or is on the way to having it. A Crossdresser is simply a person who likes, for what ever reason, to dress in the clothing of the opposite sex. Although you didn't ask this one, a Transvestite is generally thought to be a person who crossdresses mainly for sexual reasons, and can be either male or female. Of course, a crossdresser can also be a female, and most women are! Just look at their clothes!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes
My GGF likes me to be her man

bgirl
08-25-2007, 11:03 PM
TG T-girl CD Whatever. I consider myself to be part of the transgender community simply because I have gender issues. One of the terms I have heard is gender non-conformity. I personally avoid the term transvestite because of a reactionary holdover from my homophobic.
Hi! My name is Beth and I am a recovering homophobic!

Sharon
08-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Not in the correct definition, Karen. The usual definition for a T-Girl is a person, in this case a man, who thinks they were born in the wrong body. A TransSexual is a person who either has had SRS, or is on the way to having it.

You can be a transsexual and never have surgery. Transsexuality is being of a different gender than what you are physically born as, no matter what you do or don't do about it. I was born transsexual, and I will remain so until the day I die. The fact that I will be having surgery next year to correct nature's error does not change this fact. Many other transsexuals never opt for complete transition.

CDTiffany
08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Karen is right! $100%

Its 2007, and the buzz word is T-Girl.

XOXO Tiffany

Zee
08-26-2007, 12:47 AM
T-girl is usually thought to be short for Transgendered Girl. I hear it used mostly to refer to crossdressers or transexuals who are out in public, especially when they are not trying to blend-in as GGs. The native habitat of the American T-girl (clothesaholic transgenderis) is usually trendy to slightly bent type clubs and lounges in major metropolitan areas. They can usually be identified by their colorful plumage and tall pointy feet.

Thanks Sally, I laughed so hard I almost split my pantyhose... :heehee:

chrissietoo
08-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I would say a t-girl is a one who wishes to be thought of as a girl. That includes most cross dressers at least some of the time....

xoxo you go, girl! :cheer:

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 06:07 AM
I would say a t-girl is a one who wishes to be thought of as a girl. That includes most cross dressers at least some of the time....

xoxo you go, girl! :cheer:

I wasn't born in the wrong body so I am doing nothing about that but I love the girl I am and think of myself as such. I don't like sub genre labels so I opt for t-girl where t is transgender(ed). Since the term generically covers all my sisters I don't feel a need to specify a subset.

Don't worry about the terminology. Just enjoy being you!!

Mollyanne
08-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks Sally, I laughed so hard I almost split my pantyhose... :heehee:

ME TOO, ME TOO

:love: Mollyanne

PaulaJaneThomas
08-26-2007, 06:55 AM
A T-Girl is just a young Tea Lady (http://store.barrys-tea.com/articles/tea_lady.html). :D "Will you be wanting a nice cuppa tea then Father Ted? Ah go on, go on, go on" :D

MsJanessa
08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
We're all T-Girls darling

Rhonda480
08-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all your comments. It is nice to know I am a T-girl, now to get better at it...!:hugs:

Deidra Cowen
08-26-2007, 04:45 PM

Hey thats me!!!! :tongueout:heehee::devil:

Toyah
08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Stop reading and believing Wickpedia it is wrong !!!:hugs:

Karren H
08-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I always thought T-girls were ****s... Me? I'm just a guy in a dress!!

:tongueout

Karren

Deidra Cowen
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm just a Tgirl in a dress!! :devil:

Karren

Veronica 1
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Karren

Me too, but I also got boobs.:D

angelfire
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I've always been lead to believe Transgender & T-Girl are the same, both meaning generic trans, and covering all the bases. So a T-girl or Transgender could be a crossdresser (I also believe crossdresser & transvestite are the same), or trans-sexual.

chrissietoo
08-26-2007, 08:14 PM
A T-Girl is just a young Tea Lady (http://store.barrys-tea.com/articles/tea_lady.html). :D "Will you be wanting a nice cuppa tea then Father Ted? Ah go on, go on, go on" :D

I was recently in China. I met a beautiful tea girl there...the way she held the tea pot when she poured was sooooo beautiful.

I did not meet any T-girls, though I'm sure they are there, even outside of Chinese Opera. So many of the men wore those dreadful sleeveless undershirts, and the girls were very pretty and bright and delicate, like so many flowers. I don't see how anybody could possibly choose an undershirt over a sheer pink blouse with little flowers on it. :heehee:

xoxo chrissie

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM

Karren

but can I help you out of that dress?

PS: ya look rather good actuall!!

PPS: Could not resist playing off your comment.:tongueout:devil::tongueout

sissystephanie
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
You can be a transsexual and never have surgery. Transsexuality is being of a different gender than what you are physically born as, no matter what you do or don't do about it. I was born transsexual, and I will remain so until the day I die. The fact that I will be having surgery next year to correct nature's error does not change this fact. Many other transsexuals never opt for complete transition.

You are correct, Sharon. I was giving the usual definition, and should know better. Transsexual is a medical term, since it is a medical condition. Transgender is a term coined by the media to cover a wide spectrum of gender related things. It (transgender) has no basis in fact, nor in medical conditions. IMHO, it is a "slang" term used primarily by those who have not done any research.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Fab Karen
08-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Not in the correct definition, Karen. The usual definition for a T-Girl is a person, in this case a man, who thinks they were born in the wrong body.

Sissy

trans·gen·der /trænsˈdʒɛndər, trænz‑/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[trans-jen-der, tranz‑] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser.
–adjective Also, trans·gen·dered.

NOT from wikipedia.