PDA

View Full Version : Out in daylight for the first time!!!!!!!

BarbaraTalbot
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't what my problem is. I have a loving supportive wife who is a whiz with a camera and filters. She has been wanting to go out to the desert somewhere all this week while the kids were in school. I kept whining that I had work to do, or I cant find my make-up or my wig isn't right, whine whine whine.

Problem was I kept remembering really long photo sessions as a child with six siblings besides me and short tempered parents. The last time Dee took my picture we had lighting issues and camera issues and I felt my patience and smile wearing thin. I didn't feel natural, it felt forced.

Today the cable was out, some idiot called our home at 8:01 on a Saturday morning, and it was an extremely rare overcast day. Offset lighting like that makes for GREAT outdoor pictures. Dee had been wanting to take a couple picture with me en femme. She wanted to get out of the house before it got make-up melting hot out, so she declined to dress-up and said generously we will do that another time, lets ust take Barbara's picture today.

We drove to a semi deserted office building to apply make-up in the soccer-mom-mobile. I slipped into a dress, slipped on heels and Dee suggested I continue driving because of all the threads on here about "Can you drive in heels?". I am pleased to report that, yes, I can drive in heels. Walking in them is still a learning process.

We drove to a community we knew of with a man made waterfall and pond. Getting out of the van, I averted my head when a couple of hard-core cyclists rode by uphill. Dee claims they checked me out, but I was to chicken to look.

I hobbled off in the first shoes Dee bought Barbara. They are 10's and with weight loss I am more like a 9 1/2 but those shoes have a lot of meaning for me and as Dee pointed out they go with the dress. I click click clicked over the pavement quickly vacating the street and headed down the grassy slope where I hoped a little distance from the road and maybe out of sight from some would give me cover. The ground was soft and the heels would sink in all the way if I let them. Remembering Dee's advice about what a GG does when they have to move quickly I slipped them off and walked barefoot, (well hose footed...THAT was an amazing new feeling for me)

I had her take a picture of me carrying my heels it felt very natural. New lithium batteries in the camera instead of rechargeables, no flash to worry about and our baby in her arms cooing up at me, resulted in some natural smiles in the first take, It was all over too quick.

We were driving back and what do I see, being driven FAST a convoy of at least a dozen exotics entering the freeway! I raised my voice in full male timber. Dee was cracking up. I spied a GT40 (the first I've ever seen on the road), a Porsche Boxter, a couple of Porsche 911 Carreras, an old Pantera, a Mitsi 3000GT, a (Lotus?) and the rest were a blur. Dee was laughing at my frustration thinking it was because I get all en femme and now a testosterone fueled activity roars by. Really it was in FINALLY seeing expensive exotic sports cars being driven as they were intended. I see various nice cars in my travels but never so many at once, and nothing I can do can ever even tease the idiots driving them so much as a mile over the speed limit when I am in my car. Now I have something to catch, and I'm in the minivan. I explained if I was in mine, I think it would be a kick to have chased them down. In a subcompact, no matter how fast you are no one in an $80K+ car even looks over when you approach. An apparent chick in a really fast subcompact would have blown their minds, if not their doors off. ALL of these cars had a similar or even better power to weight ratio than I enjoy. I would have lost, but man, I gotta fix that broken garage spring and get it on the road.

Testosterone pumping, I was ready for anything. I suggested a drive-through. I cleverly had Dee order. I un-cleverly didn't think about the fact that they were going to ask Hot, Medium, or Mild (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/08/hot-medium-or-mild.html). Feeling meek, I said "Mild", not even attempting a femme voice. Dee snapped a pic when the girls back was turned. She said nothing but you could definitely see in her eyes that she clearly knew I was not what a glance would have thought. We left just laughing and laughing. I really didn't mind bing read, it was actually kind of more fun that way.

Dee turned as we left and caught her looking after us with a bemused expression she said. Dee claims if I hadn't spoken I'd have passed. She is being kind.

Michelle37
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
cool story.
your kids go to school in aug? in canada ontario they get july and aug off of school.

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow Barbara, great story! It sounds like you had a fun-filled first time out- without any unpleasantness. I'm glad you enjoyed it (from M and F perspectives) & even managed to "make our presence known" to the surprised cashier. Do you feel braver for next time? Are you gonna share some of those pictures.... hmmm??

Hugz & Atta-girls,

Veronica

Chantelle CD
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I think you look just great :) Think the voice is the hardest thing to get passable, with time that will come the more we practice it. I wouldnt worrie none, sounds like you had a great and fun time :) Grats on the first outing!!! I cant wait for my second one, witch maybe tonight <giggles>

BarbaraTalbot
08-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I didn't link to the picture thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65534)

SweetCaroline
08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
AWESOME! I know the feeling of having your first day light picture/ experience outdoors; it wasn't that long ago for me. It's an increadible rush you won't soon forget. Your pics are great BTW. Thanks so much for sharing. :hugs:

Carrie

Veronica Fallon
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics of your adventure Barbara. You look lovely- so very contented & just... happy!! :happy:

My first time out was a week ago & I think you've just given me a great idea for my second.

Happy for you,

Veronica

SandyR
08-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Awesome. Great photo's, it's nice to have a supportive wife, I know the feeling.

Rock on!

SandyR

Phoebe Reece
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Way to go Barbara! Somehow I don't think your wife will have to pester you too much to get you to make time to go out dressed again in the daytime.

Miss Petra
08-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Hey Barb

You look so cute & who would of thought a cloudy day where you live. You can thank Dean for that. Hurricane "Dean" that is. Dee may have just found new part time jobs driver & photographer.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 05:30 AM
I don't what my problem is. I have a loving supportive wife who is a whiz with a camera and filters. She has been wanting to go out to the desert somewhere all this week while the kids were in school. I kept whining that I had work to do, or I cant find my make-up or my wig isn't right, whine whine whine.

Problem was I kept remembering really long photo sessions as a child with six siblings besides me and short tempered parents. The last time Dee took my picture we had lighting issues and camera issues and I felt my patience and smile wearing thin. I didn't feel natural, it felt forced.

Today the cable was out, some idiot called our home at 8:01 on a Saturday morning, and it was an extremely rare overcast day. Offset lighting like that makes for GREAT outdoor pictures. Dee had been wanting to take a couple picture with me en femme. She wanted to get out of the house before it got make-up melting hot out, so she declined to dress-up and said generously we will do that another time, lets ust take Barbara's picture today.

We drove to a semi deserted office building to apply make-up in the soccer-mom-mobile. I slipped into a dress, slipped on heels and Dee suggested I continue driving because of all the threads on here about "Can you drive in heels?". I am pleased to report that, yes, I can drive in heels. Walking in them is still a learning process.

We drove to a community we knew of with a man made waterfall and pond. Getting out of the van, I averted my head when a couple of hard-core cyclists rode by uphill. Dee claims they checked me out, but I was to chicken to look.

I hobbled off in the first shoes Dee bought Barbara. They are 10's and with weight loss I am more like a 9 1/2 but those shoes have a lot of meaning for me and as Dee pointed out they go with the dress. I click click clicked over the pavement quickly vacating the street and headed down the grassy slope where I hoped a little distance from the road and maybe out of sight from some would give me cover. The ground was soft and the heels would sink in all the way if I let them. Remembering Dee's advice about what a GG does when they have to move quickly I slipped them off and walked barefoot, (well hose footed...THAT was an amazing new feeling for me)

I had her take a picture of me carrying my heels it felt very natural. New lithium batteries in the camera instead of rechargeables, no flash to worry about and our baby in her arms cooing up at me, resulted in some natural smiles in the first take, It was all over too quick.

We were driving back and what do I see, being driven FAST a convoy of at least a dozen exotics entering the freeway! I raised my voice in full male timber. Dee was cracking up. I spied a GT40 (the first I've ever seen on the road), a Porsche Boxter, a couple of Porsche 911 Carreras, an old Pantera, a Mitsi 3000GT, a (Lotus?) and the rest were a blur. Dee was laughing at my frustration thinking it was because I get all en femme and now a testosterone fueled activity roars by. Really it was in FINALLY seeing expensive exotic sports cars being driven as they were intended. I see various nice cars in my travels but never so many at once, and nothing I can do can ever even tease the idiots driving them so much as a mile over the speed limit when I am in my car. Now I have something to catch, and I'm in the minivan. I explained if I was in mine, I think it would be a kick to have chased them down. In a subcompact, no matter how fast you are no one in an $80K+ car even looks over when you approach. An apparent chick in a really fast subcompact would have blown their minds, if not their doors off. ALL of these cars had a similar or even better power to weight ratio than I enjoy. I would have lost, but man, I gotta fix that broken garage spring and get it on the road.

Testosterone pumping, I was ready for anything. I suggested a drive-through. I cleverly had Dee order. I un-cleverly didn't think about the fact that they were going to ask Hot, Medium, or Mild (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/08/hot-medium-or-mild.html). Feeling meek, I said "Mild", not even attempting a femme voice. Dee snapped a pic when the girls back was turned. She said nothing but you could definitely see in her eyes that she clearly knew I was not what a glance would have thought. We left just laughing and laughing. I really didn't mind bing read, it was actually kind of more fun that way.

Dee turned as we left and caught her looking after us with a bemused expression she said. Dee claims if I hadn't spoken I'd have passed. She is being kind.

Work on your voice some and do NOT go for that ridiculous falsetto some guys go for. You are a gorgeous woman. !!!!

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 05:38 AM
I didn't link to the picture thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65534)
I am told I don't have privilege and can't see your pics.

Trinni
08-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Congrats on your fun day out. The pics look great and I love those shoes.

Darlene-VA
08-26-2007, 11:44 AM
What a great day and love that dress!

TxKimberly
08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
It was great huh? Beats the snot out of spending all that time and effort to get ready and then sitting the house. :-)
I went to your blog and saw your pics - you looked wonderfull! Everything about you and your outfit was just perfect. By the way, can I borrow that dress? :-)

Val702
08-26-2007, 01:46 PM
That is such a great experience for you! I would love to have a wife who would drag me out in the sunlight. I have a new girlfriend (CD) that I will meet next month. I will have to find the strength to do this on my own. Dress up and step outside. I'm terrified!