PDA

View Full Version : The ifs of this world

edina1
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
On trying to come to terms with my dressing after being widowed it came as a great shock to realise that if I had been much shorter and slighter and had not had children - who are now grown up and much loved, I might well have tried to live as a woman. Things are not that way of course and I have much in my actual life to be very thankful for, but this realisation was very disturbing, hinting more at my inner feelings of self, and struck deeply in the conflicts of personal honesty and social accommodation I'm sure many of us find. I've put this thought away now, put it in a place, and know it's not going to be for me, and get on with doing all my guy stuff with an occasional twist... but how many others have had these thoughts and how do they handle them?

Trinni
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I personally like being a guy, dressing like a guy and doing guy things. However if I was not married with children (which I love), I would dress a whole lot more and would without a doubt I would go on a week trip in cabin, en femme the whole time.

Karren H
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Would a, could a, should a... All water under the bridge!! Live for today and plan for tommorow and never look back and question yourself...

Maybe its just me but I'm almost always happy being myself, no matter how I'm dressed....

Karren

Deborah Jane
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Since splitting with my wife i dress a lot more, but enjoy my guy life to much to want to be a woman all the time!! I did think about it when we first split!!

sissystephanie
08-25-2007, 09:29 PM
On trying to come to terms with my dressing after being widowed it came as a great shock to realise that if I had been much shorter and slighter and had not had children - who are now grown up and much loved, I might well have tried to live as a woman. Things are not that way of course and I have much in my actual life to be very thankful for, but this realisation was very disturbing, hinting more at my inner feelings of self, and struck deeply in the conflicts of personal honesty and social accommodation I'm sure many of us find. I've put this thought away now, put it in a place, and know it's not going to be for me, and get on with doing all my guy stuff with an occasional twist... but how many others have had these thoughts and how do they handle them?

Edina,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. That may not help, but just know that you do have a friend here. Feel free to PM or email me anytime.

I lost my wife of 49+ years a little over two years ago. She had known of my CD activities from before we were married and actively participated in them. I was her girl friend, as well as being her husband and lover. We do have 2 grown children who do not know about Stephahnie. However, when she passed away I seriously considered starting my life over as Stephanie in the complete sense. I was depressed and lonely, and then I was sent an Angel!

I met, on the internet, a lovely lady from another country. She had asked me about an herbal remedy that I had written a testomonial about. We chatted by email and then phone. She was married, and I knew that and respected that, but I still really liked her and she did like me. To make a long story shorter, I decided that I was indeed a man even though I liked to dress. So I gave up all ideas of SRS and just be Sissy/Stephanie parttime. We are still very good friends, and she now knows about Stephanie and doesn't care!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Phyliss
08-26-2007, 03:41 AM
On trying to come to terms with my dressing after being widowed it came as a great shock to realise that if I had been much shorter and slighter and had not had children... I might well have tried to live as a woman. Things are not that way of course, but this realisation was very disturbing,... I've put this thought away now.... but how many others have had these thoughts and how do they handle them?

The poet John Greenleaf Whittier writes in the poem Maud Muller. the following:

"Alas for maiden, alas for Judge,
For rich repiner and household drudge!

God pity them both! and pity us all,
Who vainly the dreams of youth recall.

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!" "

Too many years I wasted on looking back at the past and wishing, Today I simply remember the past and look forward.

Carin
08-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Yes I have had those thoughts too. There are a handful of events in my part where I think a different choice 'in the moment' would have significantly changed the life I have had. With a different choice it would have been another story and who knows what else. But I have no regrets.

I consider the life that I have had to be a gift. The circumstances and events that came with that gift, well, they came with the gift and I accept them.