PDA

View Full Version : Hand size and jewelry?

boi_0h
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I read somewhere (and I've had people tell me) that when trans/CD guys wear jewelry on their hand/arm area (watches, rings etc) it makes their hands look smaller, I seem to think it's opposite when I'm wearing a watch vs. not, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title, geez that's embarrassing. :o:o

Tamara Croft
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
(fixed title... you might want to edit ur post)(this post will self destruct in 5 minutes)

brylram
08-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I guess it would depend on what kind you were wearing. I wear silver band on my right hand ring finger, and a silver watch on my left wrist, and I've never noticed my hands looking smaller as a result. I find that sleeves that are too long or wide at the cuff can make my hands look tiny because only a small part of them can be seen then, but that's about it.

Kieron Andrew
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
my hands look better when i am wearing my chunky watch but it may just be my imagination....dont even go there Tamara:tongueout

Tobie
08-25-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't wear any jewelry, my hands are quite small as it is.

ZenFrost
08-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd never really thought about that. I stopped wearing a watch when mine broke :sad: and the only other jewelry I ever wear is men's necklace type stuff on rare occasions. I'll have to experiment with that whenever my watch gets fixed.

BarbaraTalbot
08-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Back when I was in denial about liking my femme side I was a little overly concerned about anything that drew attention to my size. I had a clunky digital watch, when they were new and rar and expensive. I ended up not wearing it because to me my wrist looked tiny.

I found that a slimmer watch with a smaller face seemed to make me feel a little less diminutive. Kinda like a 7/8 scale watch on a 7/8 inch man.

nataliecd77
08-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I know I have a hard time finding masculine watches. The ones I like have large faces and bands, but I have dainty lil wrists and hands. I tend not to wear a watch because of this. But In your shoes man, I'd try to get a macho looking watch that was equal to my arm size. I know it will probalby be a tough task but it is possible, shoot even I've managed it a time or two. LOL.
Natalie

privateperks
08-26-2007, 04:10 AM
My hands are pretty small and so are my wrists so i don't wear a watch on a band because I do think it was making my hands look even smaller. I bought a pocket watch instead.

Adam
08-26-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm lucky my hands are not small at all i wear a big leather strap watch and a snake ring sometimes i also wear my precious :heehee:

xsideburnsx
08-26-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't think my watch is super huge for my tiny wrists. I figure if I keep lifting, maybe I'll get more muscle in my arms/wrists that it won't matter much.

Cai
08-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I wear a digital watch with a thin band and a fairly small face. The numbers are large relative to the face, which I like, but the face doesn't dwarf my arm.

SirTrey
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
my hands look better when i am wearing my chunky watch but it may just be my imagination....dont even go there Tamara:tongueout

Hey, Kieron.....I'm totally with you on that, I think My chunky watch makes My hands look better, too....**T**

DanielMacBride
08-26-2007, 09:51 AM
LOL me too....i have a huge chunky watch because if i wear anything delicate it emphasises my slenderish hands, whereas the chunky watch makes them look....well, chunky LOL :)

Daniel

bi_weird
08-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Mmm yeah. I wear a women's athletic watch (so it looks andro but fits my size) usually, but I've got a big metal men's watch. While I love the latter, it screams about how small my wrists are (freakishly small compared to my hand size) which I think makes me look way more female. I want to get a couple of links taken out (it's a hand-me-down from a friend) and maybe then I'll wear it now and again.

JamesAlan
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I guess I'm blessed that my mother and father were both large framed individuals. Though I think I took more of my build from my dad. I've worn guy's watches for years because I have thick wrists and finding a woman's watch that fit was a pain! I have a couple femme watches, but I love my chunky guy watches. I always have. I may give my girlfriend my femme watches when I start living more in guy mode. Her wrist is the same size as mine. I will also admit when I got my high school ring, I got the medium size guy's ring (much to my mother's dismay). I have small hands, but for some reason, no matter the jewelry I wear, it still looks masculine. *shrugs* Thank you Daddy for my build. :D

happyfish
08-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I stopped wearing watches when I lost my old one. Don't want to wear anything too clunky because my wrists are tiny. I have to get small ladies' watches adjusted to fit me.

SirTrey
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I read somewhere (and I've had people tell me) that when trans/CD guys wear jewelry on their hand/arm area (watches, rings etc) it makes their hands look smaller, I seem to think it's opposite when I'm wearing a watch vs. not, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title, geez that's embarrassing. :o:o

Funny story related to the topic of jewelry....When My wife and I got our rings (My wife being genetically male), obviously, I got the man's ring and he got the ladies'....We went to the jeweler to have them sized...Mine had to go from a size 12 to an 8, hers had to go from an 8 to a 12...LOL....So the jeweler thinks we are idiots, he says, "The rings are the right size now....you have them mixed up"....I said, "No, we don't, we know exactly what we are doing, I DO have the men's ring and he DOES have the ladies"....Blew his mind, but they fit now....LOL :) **T**

DanielMacBride
09-01-2007, 12:31 PM
:rofl: what a great story :D

Daniel

SirTrey
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
:rofl: what a great story :D

Daniel

Just another day in the life of a transgendered couple...:)

Dasein9
09-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I wear a full sized men's watch, but a little higher on the arm than is normal. That seems to elongate the line of the hand.

Sometimes I wear a couple of leather bracelets on the other wrist, and they tend to bulk it up a bit.