PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over whiled dressed tonight

CrossdressinGoth
08-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Tonight I went out to the races crossdressed and I was so nervous when the cop pulled me over. I cant afford a ticket and the most important thing I was worried about was my makeup looking like crap. I rolled the window down, he asked for my license, looked at the pic, looked at me, looked at the pic, looked at me. Asked me if I knew why I was pulled over. I told him what happend and I wasnt from around the area, which is true. He asked why after passing did I "speed up" a little bit. I gigled and said that was because I was rearranging my feet on the pedals because I didnt want my heel to get stuck to the floorboard. He pointed his flashlight at my feet and calmly and nicely asked why I was dressed like a woman. I told him because Im a crossdresser and I wanted to look good when I went to the races. He said ok, hold on one moment. Came back, gave me my license, gave me a warning and sent me on my way.

On a side note, who the f*** puts a speed limit sign 5ft before a county road turns onto a major hwy? I went 55 since that is the speed in which all highways around here are, which is why I got pulled over. I pulled onto the road got up to 55, when the cop said about 5ft before my "turn on" to the hwy I came onto is the speed limit sign saying 45, which is why he gave me a warning instead of a ticket. He was very nice and I applaud him on his professionalism with the way I was dressed and my license gave away I was a man.

JOEY88
08-26-2007, 03:36 AM
guess it could have been worse but it really isn't any of his business why you were drest up

Val702
08-26-2007, 04:21 AM
The firts time I was caught unexpectedly was by a trucker who was walking to stretch his leggs. He was strangely curious about why I was looking like a girl. He asked questions. I totaly answered them. I think that kinda actualy helped me get more comfy with dressing up.

dakota_ann69
08-26-2007, 04:53 AM
I know this will sound a bit mundane and cheesy at best, but I have found many posts about this and it is always best to handle it just the way you did, you did a marvelous job and congrats to you. Honesty is always the best policy.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 04:55 AM
My car had failed smog test and I was running on a 10 day extension on my registration till I got it fixed and re-tested.

My room mate, (son of a friend) and I were going to breakfast. Naturally, since the registration was out, I got pulled. The officer asked for my license and registration and then checked the registration and the validity of my 10 day sticker. Upon returning them he warned me I would likely get pulled over whenever seen until I got the registration updated. He said nothing about my attire.

Luckily that was the ONLY time I got pulled over.

Trinni
08-26-2007, 05:06 AM
guess it could have been worse but it really isn't any of his business why you were drest up

Maybe he was curious and thinks about cross dressing himself.

~Seana~
08-26-2007, 05:58 AM
ah this bringa back a memory.My ex and I 2 years ago were on our way back from a fetish party at the local club. I was dressed in a french maids outfit and wig probably the only time i was ever really crossdressed in front of her
(she wasnt very accepting) .We lived a 40 minute drive out of town and a couple weeks before unknown to me my license had been suspended due to an unpaid ticket.
Normally being in a french maids outfit and in handcuffs would have been a good evening, somehow it was lost on me that night.In a way that night led to some major changes in my life, I'm no longer withthe Ex and my current SO Tierganshaw is much more accepting.Mind the worst that can happen now is the bus driver doesnt think it's my picture on the bus pass!
Strangely enough that was my biggest concern the first time I dressed publicly.

CarrieAnneEvers
08-26-2007, 07:54 AM
I got pulled over once in florida. First thing I said was: "I'm not really a woman." He (sarcastically) said, " Um, really?"

Let me off with a warning.

Most cops get TG sensitivity training I think.

Jillm
08-26-2007, 08:01 AM
It doesn’t sound like it went to bad. He could have made you get out of the car and then called other police in. Or worse yet he could have been filming to COPS tv show.

Tamera
08-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I have been stopped twice so far while dressed in FEM. Both times I was treated with professionalism(one time I got a speeding ticket, the other time a warning). The 2cd time the officer actually talked to me for about 5 minutes. If there is any profession that will meet members of this community more than others I think it will be a Police Officer.

And on a side note; Watch out for the "SPEED TRAPS" as I like to call them. I got caught in one years ago. I was going through Delta Ohio and 1 block before the red light and 1 block after the red light on route 20 it is 25mph. He let me go with a warning. Yea its 55 on route 20 then its 35 and then 25. I told him I saw the 35 but not the 25. Of course the 25mph sign was barely visible and rusty.
Hugs,
Tamera

Sinthia
08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I have never been stopped by the police while dressed, but I have been seen many, many times by people when I have been walking, while dressed, on the sidewalk or out on trails in the wooded areas around town. I have noticed that when ever I talk to a person while dressed, usually it is a female, I feel much better about being dressed as a woman. I hanve never had a bad experience talking to someone about crossdressing, except my X. Yesterday morning I walked to a small shopping center to get some doughnuts from a bakery, and the sales girl asked me if I walked to the store, as I was breathing a little fast. We had a short conversation about walking and hiking, and I mentioned that I enjoyed walking dressed like this early in the morning. Her smile was priceless.

Darlene-VA
08-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I was pulled over one time for the light on my license plate being out, the officer was very nice and just gave me a warning and never said a word about how I was dressed, so remember to check those lights if you go out a lot for it will save a visit from the law

Melinda G
08-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I've been stopped twice while dressed. Wasn't asked to get out of the car either time. Didn't get a ticket either time. Both cops were polite and professional.

Dita_B
08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
From what I read here it seems that when dressed one has a lesser chance to get a ticket for a traffic violation. This means that cops are sensitive to the issue of cross dressing and have a tendency to not make the eventual embarrassment any worse for the one caught in the act...

I find that a very encouraging fact. Actually I loved reading about this. I have never been pulled over by the Mounties yet while dressed, but I have been thinking about how I would deal with the situation many times... Thank you so much for sharing...

BTW: The situation in which a speed zone is changed in the most unlikely situation is called here in Canada a "Fish Pond". It happens often that the Cops have a hayday checking the speed limit in such an area and have a line up from people they are writing tickets for...

:love:Dita.

TxKimberly
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
You were stopped. . . and the world didn't end huh?
We spend so much time and effort being afraid for no good reason. Sometimes it's good when minor things like this go wrong as it helps to show that often our biggest fears are nothing we should worry so much about.

Kris
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Okay.. this is not fair....

I wear mens clothes and I get tickets! LMAO... Maybe I should do like Victor/Victoria and pretend I am a guy who is pretending to be a girl, who really is a girl.......

Does that make sense? I hope someone here has seen the movie.

I am glad that the cops are kind, and don't make a federal case out of it. My dad was a cop and I can assure you that he would have been the biggest "body part" you can imagine.

Kris GG

Rosaliy Lynne
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
From what I read here it seems that when dressed one has a lesser chance to get a ticket for a traffic violation. This means that cops are sensitive to the issue of cross dressing and have a tendency to not make the eventual embarrassment any worse for the one caught in the act...

I find that a very encouraging fact. Actually I loved reading about this. I have never been pulled over by the Mounties yet while dressed, but I have been thinking about how I would deal with the situation many times... Thank you so much for sharing...

BTW: The situation in which a speed zone is changed in the most unlikely situation is called here in Canada a "Fish Pond". It happens often that the Cops have a hayday checking the speed limit in such an area and have a line up from people they are writing tickets for...

:love:Dita.

Don't act scared or apologetic. Just behave with secure politeness. Remember the officer has a public safety job to do. Most likely, he could care less how you are dressed.

You were stopped. . . and the world didn't end huh?
We spend so much time and effort being afraid for no good reason. Sometimes it's good when minor things like this go wrong as it helps to show that often our biggest fears are nothing we should worry so much about.

Remindes me of a sign. Perhaps you have even seen it.
"Don't tell me not to worry. The things I worry about never happen!"

Sheri 4242
08-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Asked me if I knew why I was pulled over.

Can't go into all the details here, but just some quick advice: if you get pulled over and the officer asks if you know why you are being stopped, the answer should always be a very polite, "no . . . I'm sorry but I don't know why." Then ask, "have I done something wrong?" Let the officer explain the whys.

Sidebar to everythng I say in this post: in the U.S., the police (under what's called "stop and identity" laws) can stop you and ask you to identify yourself -- and with very little basis.

In the U.S., an officer can also conduct a field sobriety test if he/she has reason to believe you are driving under the influence. This can be rather lame, I'm sorry to say.

That said, you do NOT have to answer any questions (beyond identifying yourself) like where you've been and if you've been drinking. While it makes common sense to the general public to answer quetions that you believe should clear things up, you don't know what has been going on in other places around town, therefore, you can harm your own interests by talking.

he gave me a warning instead of a ticket. He was very nice and I applaud him on his professionalism with the way I was dressed and my license gave away I was a man.

Many police officers do receive (as Carrie Anne noted) TG sensitivity training. We've discussed this just recently from two different perspectives.

. . . but it really isn't any of his business why you were drest up

I'm afraid your wrong -- especially in this post 9-11 era -- but even without the 9-11 element, a police officer has the right to your identity (usually along with your address). There isn't any reason to try to avoid this part of Q&A. There is NOTHING wrong with being crossdressed, and the best thing is to be absolutely honest about it, like you were. You have every reason to expect to be treated with dignity!!!!!!! But, that said, a police officer has a right to inquire as to why you are, to some greater or lesser degree, altering your appearance. I'm the first to say that laws like the Patriot Act, and like statutes and ordinances, go beyond what they should. But, with the terrorism threat levels being what they are in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and other places, proper identification is considered to be well within what is appropriate. NOW, if you are in the U.S. and they continue to ask questions, ask the officer if you are free to leave b/c you need to go to the bathroom really bad!!! (You don't know what's been going on around town, or if the officer may be leading up to finding a basis for "reaonable suspicion.")

Upon returning them he warned me I would likely get pulled over whenever seen until I got the registration updated. He said nothing about my attire.

You should have asked him if he would have given you a warning (written on a citation form). That would have given you a clear pass for at least 24-48 hours in most jurisdictions (where, if you had been pulled over again, it would have been a quick stop b/c you had a formal warning that showed your identity had been run, and that you had been given a specific period to fix the problem. This should make for a shorter stop (if any at all).

I got pulled over once in florida. First thing I said was: "I'm not really a woman." He (sarcastically) said, " Um, really?" Let me off with a warning. Most cops get TG sensitivity training I think.

Good job of handling this. Most cops do get such training -- you were upfront and that probably got you on your way without further hassel.

Two pieces of free advice:

1.) To whoever said they were driving on a suspended license, I personally think this is overkill and dumb (it should be situational IMO), but in most U.S. jurisdictions if you are stopped and it is discovered you are driving with a suspended license, you're going to be wearing handcuffs.

2.) Just a few points to always remember: (a.) the police can stop you and question you even though you have done nothing wrong; (b.) it is a crime (in almost all U.S. jurisdictions) to refuse an officer's request for identification; (c.) when stopped, you don't have to answer any further questions -- and, if you do decide to answer some, you have a right to stop at any point {this is important for driving en femme -- explain you are a crossdresser, then stop talking: ask if you are free to leave -- you've given enough information to help yourself -- and the police have been given enough info to give you a green light; (d.) in the U.S., the "Miranda Warning" only applies if you are in custody -- "if" you are not in custody {IOW, you are free to leave}, anything you say can be used against you even though you haven't been given your "Miranda Warning"; (e.) you can assert your rights without being disagreeable -- a simple, "I don't have anything further to say" is all that is needed; (f.) always try and consider any such situation from the officer's perspective.

noname
08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
I would file a complaint. Does he ask all women who wear pants and no makeup why they are dressed as man?

Sheri 4242
08-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I would file a complaint. Does he ask all women who wear pants and no makeup why they are dressed as man?

With whom? I totally understand what you are saying, but you have to approach such situations with common sense and a sense of reality. Anything antagonistic is potentially going to cause problems down the road. Whether we like it or not, when we go out en femme, it is frequently viewed as being in an altered, or disguised, state of appearance, while such has not been held to be the same with GG's going out dressed in pants and with no makeup. When dealing with law enforcement, the best thing to do is get through it with little or no problems. Be polite and courteous!!!

Katelyn
08-27-2007, 04:02 AM
This reminds me of a funny story too. Here it goes... I get a call from my friend who is a cop about a cd he just pulled over for a traffic violation. He asked for all the general info. He was suprised to see that she was a cd. He gave her a warning and continued to call her ma'am. He then let her go. and right after called me to let me know what just happened. He wanted to tell her that he is a cd too, but the time was inappropriate. He gave her the warning because it felt good to know that we're no alone in this small city. Hopefully we will run into her again in the future, but in different circumstances, and let her know that she has friends if she wishes.

CheriTV2006
08-27-2007, 04:17 AM
These are short pre-highway speed traps. Ran into one years ago traveling throught a town in Virginia right before entering the I-whatever. I think they are just there to make local dollars.
Cheri.

Suzy Harrison
08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Years ago I was stopped by the Police for speeding - I was so worried my heart was pounding like mad. But he was really nice, no problems at all.
As I was driving away I wondered what all the fuss was about. As Kim mentioned earlier I think we hype it all up ourselves - It's not a big deal really. If it happened again I wouldn't worry.

TerriM
08-27-2007, 08:55 AM
As a retired police officer, I can say the info given on this subject was very good. As far as I know there is no law that states it is against the law to dress in the opposite sex. There was a law against it in NY that was revoked in 1968. I was stopped once when I was dressed. No I did not tell him I was a officer. But I didnt get a ticket. Like the advice previously given, just be truthful and polite. I once had a accident while dressed. A girl hit the back of my car. We exchanged info and she asked me if that was me on my drivers license. She was shocked to say the least.

Yours Terri

Karmen
08-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I had been stopped by police twice, while beeing dressed and my experience was not that good. The policeman was OK on both ocassion, but I just couldn't control my bladder being so nervous.
Those were really embarrassing moments for me. :redface:

Suzy Harrison
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I guess as long as you are polite, they will be too. It's not a time to get an 'attiude' about being stopped !

The main thing is to never panic and try to outrun them !!!

When Dita said she'd never been "pulled over by the mounties" I thought that would be really painful as I'd hate anyone to start pulling my 'mounties' about - then I realised she was Canadian - and they have monuties over there .......... I've been blonde for too long..:heehee:

Rachel Morley
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I have cding friend who is a retired police officer and she gave me this advice about being stopped the police when dressed en femme.

First, relax .... you haven't done anything wrong by being dressed. Speeding or being DUI ... that's different.

Second, when the cop asks you for your ID give him/her it and say "yes, that is me, but I look a little different today/tonight. Would you like me to take off my wig so you can verify my ID? This shows that you have nothing to hide and you are willing to prove who your ID says you are.

Third, always be super polite and courteous, and act as normal as you can but don't say anything or volunteer any more information than is absolutely necessary.

Forth, keep you fingers crossed and hope for the best! :happy:

jessicaparrot
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
i was stopped for no headlight on at night
the poloce men was very polite and i only got a warning
so much for nebraska being a hate state

Sheri 4242
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
. . . act as normal as you can but don't say anything or volunteer any more information than is absolutely necessary.

Exactly! In the U.S. the police do have a right to obtain proper identification from you -- but know this, too: they will be watching you -- and listening to you. If you are crossdressed, Rachel's friend's advice is good -- show a cooperative spirit as far as confirming your identity, THEN BE QUIET!!!! Do your best to NOT seem nervous. True, easier said than done having been pulled over en femme. But, the police for the most part don't care about that -- but they will be interested in why you might be nervous (and many will not automatically presume you are nervous b/c of your attire). If warranted and possible, sit down -- and face away from the officer!!!

Here's a little legal example I love to give (about why you should keep your mouth closed). Somebody asks you what time it is. You look at your watch and say, "yeah, it's 10:15." I usually use this as a courtroom example, and as such an example you've already said too much!!! The answer in court would be only one word, "yes." With the police, don't engage in conversation beyond what we've discussed. Tell them you really have to go to the bathroom and ask if you are free to leave. That's it, period!!!!!!!

Dita_B
08-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Thank you all for sharing, this, IMHO, is an excellent thread, very informative for a situation we all dread to get caught in.

And Sheri, thank you in particular for your (free) legal advise... You must be a Lawyer..

:love:Dita

Tamera
08-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Regarding how much to say, I guess all depends on the officer who has pulled you over. Some are just trying to make the best of their night and will talk to you for about 5-10 minutes. So it all depends.
Besides their are also gays, lesbians, TG's, etc. in the Police Community and one may want to CHAT for awhile.
Huggies,
Tamera

Katelyn
08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
And like stated in my story, the cop may be a cd too and you just might not know it.

Jennaie
08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Some girls have all the fun. I'm jealous

zann
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
]I am relived to know most all have had positive experiences. I drive long distances several time a year and observe every rule and speed limit to avoid a stop. Ann

Priscilla1018
08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
In my state,and most,I believe,you are not allowed to accelerate to the speed posted until you are abreast the sign.Pun intended!