PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever come out to their moms???

naughtygal
08-26-2007, 03:35 AM
i was wondering if anyone came out to their moms when they were young ..... and wat was her reply....my experience...... while i was 14 i told my mom i cd n she asked me wether i had clothes of my own ...i tuk her to my stash n d nxt mornin it was missin......

Val702
08-26-2007, 04:29 AM
My mom sorta found out. But didn't say anything. I think I should have let her in, or me out.

dakota_ann69
08-26-2007, 04:39 AM
No I never came out to my mom, but we had several conversations on the matter of things being moved around in her drawers. LOL!! She always knew that I liked to try on her clothes at a very young age and always encouraged me to be who I wanted to be.

It sounds as though you may not have the support of your mother, but all is not lost at least she knows and you are out of the closet. Good luck I wish you the best.

Mollyanne
08-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Yes I came out to my mom many, many years ago. She actually caught me and we talked and she said that she would help me and she did!!!! My dad and brother NEVER knew about my secret desires to be a girl but mom was there for me and bought me clothes, make-up and beautiful lingerie. I think she really wanted a daughter and she had one!!!!! ME!!!! She took this secret to her grave and I miss her terribly.

:love: Mollyanne

Jillm
08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
No never came out to my mom, thought about recently, but my SO suggested not to because she pushing 70 and my SO thought it would be better to leave well enough alone.

tommi
08-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Mom found several things over time but we never talked about it.

Zee
08-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Tried to once. Mistake. BIG mistake. She is a very intolerant woman.

Dad on the other hand doesn't really care one way or the other.

Karren H
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I never told her but I'm sure she knew... Used to borrow her things on a regular basis.. And then return them.. She caught my brother wearing my step sisters lingerie once!! Lol. He always was the dumber brother!!

Karren

Slip Affinity
08-26-2007, 10:32 AM
My mom treated it as a sickness and a sin :eek: and I spent time in counseling for it.

michelleinhighheels
08-26-2007, 10:36 AM
i was like you mollyann: i came out to my mom and she did the SAMETHING for me .she too took it to her grave , and yes i do miss her so much.(feb. this year).:love:

Faith_G
08-26-2007, 10:47 AM
My mom treated it as a sickness and a sin :eek: and I spent time in counseling for it.Same here.

Angie G
08-26-2007, 11:12 AM
No my mom never knew sometimes I wish she had :hugs:
Angie

Veronica Fallon
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
No never came out to my mom, thought about recently, but my SO suggested not to because she pushing 70 and my SO thought it would be better to leave well enough alone.

Same here, except my mom is 75. Can you imagine the CD-guilt I'd feel if my news gave her a heart attack??!!
Sometimes a closet can have a good aspect... as long as it's a small closet :heehee:!

Hugz,

Veronica

Darlene-VA
08-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Both my parents and my brother know about Darlene and are cool with it and once in a while Mom will send me some money with a note go buy yourself a new dress!

KandisTX
08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I did to two differant women. One I'll call "mom" and she was not very tolerant and in fact tried to have me committed because she was convinced I was mentally disturbed.

The other, Whom I call "Mother" (the name listed on my birth certificate) was supportive and helpful, she even took me shopping after I came out to her. Made me wish I had done it two or three years earlier with her when I think back on all that time lost when I could have had my own stuff to wear.

Kandis:love:

Annette_boy
08-26-2007, 01:09 PM
No never did but suspect she knows She helped me dress as a girl for Halloween when I was 9 and never took the lingerie away it stayed clean and always fit and sometimes new stuff showed up she is 82 now and I do not rub her noes in my dressing and she never rubbed my nose in it either I am like some of the others and will let it be no need to cause a stroke if I am wrong
Hugs Annette

PS
YaY Post 100

veronicagurl85
08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I just recently came out to my mom she was ok with it and it didn't change anything. I'm lucky in that sense to have a great mom. Where it leads I don't know yet hopefully shopping!

Vero

Deborah Jane
08-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I came out to my mum about 4 years ago after a bit of prodding from her! Apparently she,s known since i was a teenager. She supports me100% and even buys me things when i see her!!! [Jewelery, etc]

Bobbie Jo
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I never told her but I think she kinda knew when every halloween, I wanted to go as a girl,and she dressed me up with hose and makeup.

immike
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I never told her but I'm sure she knew... Used to borrow her things on a regular basis.. And then return them.. She caught my brother wearing my step sisters lingerie once!! Lol. He always was the dumber brother!!

Karren
I always borrow mothers short mini skirts&silk blouses.I slip into a pair of
pantyhose,ordered out of mothers womens catalogs,and I usually wear her
many business suits&heels,as well.

Cherry Lynn
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I came out to my mom just recently as a result of my soon-to-be ex-wife threatening to tell everyone. Mom is 81 and she took it very well and still tells me she loves me. I also told children and they were fine with it too. Sure took the wind out my wife's sails.

BarbaraTalbot
08-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I was 3 and 1/2. It didn't go over as well as I had, at the time, hoped.

Her reaction was to read to me from Deuteronomy, and to basically imply for the next 35 years when I decided I was no longer interested in her as a person, that for one reason or another that I am a pervert and barely worthy of her tolerating my existence.

One of the many reasons I love my wife is that she is certainly not my mother. My wife's reaction (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/08/wigging-out.html) to my son's wearing a dress was much more supportive.

I want to emphasize that my mom's issues with it were her own only. I get hints about maybe some choices she made in her younger life and regretted. If one's mom is fairly secure in her own mind about issues involving sexuality, I think it doesn't need to be about sex, and I could see the average healthy loving mother taking it pretty well actually. This is a new way of thinking for me, because I always thought of my CD-ing as a pathology caused somehow by a less then healthy set of parents. I am so pleased to see those that had good parents because it validates this feeling of mine to dress as being independent of the over-reaction.

S. Lisa Smith
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I told my Mother as an adult. She was surprised, but very supportive. When she visits in the winter, she always wants a fashion show.

DonnaT
08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
My mom caught me in one of her bras, and apparently found my stash, since it disappeared. But she never said anything. She did tell my dad, and he asked why. I didn't have an answer and no more was said.

I know she dressed my youngest brother up at a friends house.

I told her a couple of years ago, and she's been great. Given me clothes and jewelry.

chrissietoo
08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
My mom dressed me as a girl for Halloween, and always talked about how pretty I was. She would often pick out pretty and feminine boys' clothes for me. I would wear them when I was feeling femme, and she always complimented me on how pretty I looked. We never talked about cd'ing; the important this was that she responded to chrissie!

Miss Petra
08-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Not Young but at 43 young enough. She was very supportive & loves to see pictures. She makes comments & helpful advice to her new daughter on what she could do to improve her look. My mom shared things with me that when I was younger showed me my TG tendencies and my parents even thought that when I was in my early teens I may have been gay because I was so feminine. All this was revealed to me after I came out to her.

tammie
08-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi Everyone: I didn't actually come out to my mom. She caught me dressed wearing her Playtex bra and pantygirdle along with her garterbelt and stockings and a great Olga slip. I think perhaps it was an expensive slip and she came looking for it.

I had been "talked to" 2 weeks prior about wearing my sisters things. I had worn my sister's black lacecup underwire and pantygirdle and left a stain in it that left no doubt I had worn it.

My mother didn't call me names or scream. She did make me get out of my bed and strip in front of her, then she took her clothes and left. She saw how much I enjoyed wearing her lingerie also.

One week later I came home from school and on my bed was a shopping bag. Inside was my first black lace underwire bra in my size 36B and a slip similar to my mothers but a size 18, and a pantygirdle like my mom's.

The best part is my mom acted like it was OK for me to wear my bra and pantygirdle at home. She had me strip and try them on and she saw again how sexy lingerie is for some teenage boys.

CheriTV2006
08-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Never came out to her. Was caught with fem clothes in my bottom drawer, she found out I had a bi/crossdressing fling with a male friend of hers, and found out I took a trip with a trans to L.A. back in the 80's when I was in my 20's.

Chelseaswpa
08-27-2007, 04:41 AM
I recently told her- Since my SO and I are separated I had to tell her something and decided honesty was the best policy:happy: It was! she then admitted to having some gender issues herself, hmm that kinda surprised me some, but she was never the stereotypical mom to start but we all love her to death and she has always been a wonderful supportive mother- even if she has some "quirks":heehee:

RachelDenise
08-27-2007, 04:44 AM
I've never talked to my Mom about it but when I was a teenager she found my stash and wrote me a note that get rid of the stuff. Nothing was ever said. I have thought about telling her now, but it always seems to slip by. I'm not sure what it would accomplish anyway since she is 77 and there isn't any need for her to know though I would love to talk to her about it.

Mitch23
08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Mum used to often find her and my sister's things around me but never actually wearing them. Was convinced I was turning into one of those 'wierdies'. She's dead now but I guess she always knew cos mums do don't they?

love

Mitch

Emma England
08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I am not out (I live with my parents). But I have a feeling that my mum knows.

She has noticed me wearing makeup, and I am growing my hair (which is now collar-length).

Even wore a cotton skirt that looked like shorts in front of her in the kitchen -only for about a minute, but she must have seen!!

jjjjohanne
08-29-2007, 05:42 AM
Mom found my stash of hose when I was really young. Years later she found my sister's dress in my room. A couple times, she noticed some things in the bathroom were disturbed. She had me throw the stash away. She was angry when she told me to put my sister's dress back. The other times, she didn't act like she assumed it was me. Years later, I needed to dress like a girl for something and she helped me. No comments. Later, I admitted to putting the hose on since then and she acted like she didn't approve and didn't further the conversation.

That's the extent of that! Maybe I will tell her one day...

Carroll
08-29-2007, 05:46 AM
I told my mom about a year ago. Her response was "I love you no matter what, just becareful where and where you do it"

DAVIDA
08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
I was in my late thirties when I told my mother. I needed a skirt shortened, so I told her, then asked her to hem my skirt!:heehee:

angelfire
08-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I have been considering telling my mom. I still live at home, and I'm 21. I'm sincerely doubt there would be a negative reaction, but the reason I haven't yet is it is one of those "Once you let the cat out of the bag, you'll never get back in" type of things. So I have no doubt my mom would be re-assuring, telling me I'm her child and she loves me no matter what. My father on the other hand, I don't know how he'd react. It would probably be a "Um...okay. Whatever. Lets never speak of this again, and pretend it didn't happen."

PortiaHoney
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
:2c: About 11 got caught wearing nail polish - did you know it doesn't wash off with water or even soap - bright eh???

:tongueout Teens wrote her a letter, got told it was just a phase :tongueout

:p 20's, Didn't realise you were still into that:p

:(30's, I hope you will be happy....:(

:happy: 40's, I hope you find whatever it is that will make you happy "son". :happy:

Always supportive, just disappointed.

immike
08-29-2007, 10:23 AM
i was wondering if anyone came out to their moms when they were young ..... and wat was her reply....my experience...... while i was 14 i told my mom i cd n she asked me wether i had clothes of my own ...i tuk her to my stash n d nxt mornin it was missin......
I can not ever tell my mother,or anyone,except you guys.I'm guilty of going
into her nylons drawer&taking a fresh,unopened pkg of pantyhose,then putting
them on&proceeding to try on most or all of her wardrobe&my favorites were
her short mini skirts&silk blouses&a pair of her black heels.Sometimes I would
dress in one of her good short skirtsuits/w one of her white silk blouses&one
of her many pairs of shoes,mostly heels.One day,I tried on a pair of her dress
slacks,they fit perfectly&I added a top&jacket,then stepped into a pair of stiletto heels,it felt electric

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I came out to my mom. she was and still is
supportive.

cindi

Sugar
09-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey there b'more girl!! I love Baltimore, it's a wonderful city!

Everyone in my family knew I liked to dress in girls clothes.

It was Halloween, '60 maybe '61. I was 5-6 yr's old and their was a dance at the Boy's Club down the street. My mom insisted that my older sister take me. I was so excited...I was supposed to be clown. Turned out that I looked more like a girl (I don't think my sister wanted to take me). She put me in a little dress, red wig and made up my face. My first reaction was "this ain't no clown"!! Then I looked in the mirror again...and it was ok. When we got there it was kinda scary, 'cause she ditched me. I felt like crying but I didn't. I just walked around watching all the big kid's until I found her.

In my minds eye at this time the only song I remember is "The Twist".

Sorry, kinda went off to never never land.

Anyway, I never got caught red-handed ('cept when my mom walked in on me masturbating around 12, now that was embarrassing!!) I pretty much "outed" myself...I remember my sister yelling at the top of her lungs "Mom, make him stay out of my drawer's!!!"

Sorry for the long post, this thread really stirred up the memories.

sugar

No never did but suspect she knows She helped me dress as a girl for Halloween when I was 9 and never took the lingerie away it stayed clean and always fit and sometimes new stuff showed up she is 82 now and I do not rub her noes in my dressing and she never rubbed my nose in it either I am like some of the others and will let it be no need to cause a stroke if I am wrong
Hugs Annette

PS
YaY Post 100

shauna 9
09-02-2007, 04:30 AM
No but I think she suspected it .

Chantelle CD
09-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Ya i came out to my mom.... the first time it wasn't good at all,she freaked out, saying things like its not normal, if she knew i was doing stuff like that when i was young, she would have taken me to a head shrink to get fixed blaaa blaaa. I had a talk with her just the other day about it, and was a lot better, saying we have to find happiness, and do what makes you happy, so its better, but she still doesn't wish to see me this way.

Samantha Thomson
09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
i also never got caught by my mother but i found out my sister knew on my birthday she left me a presdent it was a skirt bra and pantyhose my sizes and after i open it she walk in to tell me she knew and it was our secret im a girl

Kelly Greene
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
When I reached the point that I decided to stop fighting the desire to cross-dress I chose to talk to my little sister and then later to my mother. Neither one understood where the desire came from, but the understood that this was something I had to explore, each has listened to me talk about my feelings with a sympatric ear. My mother did not know my sister knew and my sister did not know my mother knew, so when it came to pass that my mother’s time was up on this world she knew I would need someone to talk to so she decided to tell the one of my sisters that she thought world not judge me, about a year later I married and made sure that before we got too involved my wife to be knew that I cross dressed. Not having to hide my secret from everyone has been of great help

kristiCD
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I would never do that to her, would freak her out. No point in that.

Lisa Golightly
09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
She knows... and she's cool... but I didn't tell her when I was young. I don't think it was because I feared rejection, rather that at that time in my life I didn't want acceptance... Does that make sense?

carie
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
never come out to my mom .. just .. err . caught red-handed one morning ..:p

Desiree2bababe
09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
My mother was the first to catch me. With the threat I'd have to dress for my siblings I purged for at least 4 years.

KandisTX
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
never come out to my mom .. just .. err . caught red-handed one morning ..:p

Oh?? Please share the story with us :)

Kandis:love:

Stephanie Blue
09-04-2007, 01:04 PM
I was never caught either, but i'm sure mom new i was up to something. I can remeber being about 5 yrs old and asking if i could wear my sisters tights. of course the answer was no! I didnt take no for an answer and here i am. Steph

stephanie100
09-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I got caught more times than I care to remember and got whacked more times than i want to remember in fact I didnt think mother had such staying power while hitting. This was followed by the enforced purge and the threat of being sectioned. Well I still CD so i guess it did no harm.

sissigerri
09-04-2007, 09:57 PM
When I was 15 and had been dressing for some 5 years my Mom found my stash. Almost all of it was her fem things girdles, bras , stockings panties etc. She also found some things I had taken from one of her friends and noticed they were not her clothes. Needless to say she was agast and we had a long session where I told her the truth. She asked if I liked girls and I was honest that I liked the clothes but but they left me cold. She said nothing and I thought that was the end, However about three weeks later she gave me a box which when I opened it had lingerie, a skirt, blouse and some cosmetics. She said I was not to go out dressedand never take any other things that were not my own. Periodically she would ask me when no one was around if I needed anything. I usually said no but one time I was brave enough to ask her if I could borrow one of her hygiene products(pads). She looked strangely at me and said,NO!

Gisele
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
I have been thinking abou it real hard. I just may do it soon. I would like to do a face to face though. She has moved to FL from CA which is alot closer for me to visit her.