PDA

View Full Version : Discreet Online Shopping and Delivery

Karen Johnson
08-26-2007, 08:53 AM
If you want to do some online or catalog shopping and need a safe, discreet place to have it delivered, you can use any post office. Just have the package delivered to General Delivery under your name and you can pick it up.

For example:

Cary Grant
General Delivery
New York, NY
Zip Code

Each post office has it's own zip code, so make sure you got the right zip for that office and you're in business.
If you have any doubts, just stop by the post office, any post office, and ask about it.

Elsbeth
08-26-2007, 09:15 AM
If you want to do some online or catalog shopping and need a safe, discreet place to have it delivered, you can use any post office. Just have the package delivered to General Delivery under your name and you can pick it up.

For example:

Cary Grant
General Delivery
New York, NY
Zip Code

Each post office has it's own zip code, so make sure you got the right zip for that office and you're in business.
If you have any doubts, just stop by the post office, any post office, and ask about it.

Sorry to be tangential but the post makes me wonder if you can do General Delivery for a pseudonym - probably not. What got me thinking about it is that his real name was Archie Leach. I wonder what his drivers license read.

El

Karen Johnson
08-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I should have been more specific. A pseudonym probably won't work because they may ask for identification. You can check with the post office you'll be using to make sure.

And in case you're wondering, I do have a thing for Cary Grant.

Melinda G
08-26-2007, 11:30 AM
No "may" about it. They will ask for identification! So you better order under whatever name your ID says. You can also have stuff shipped to one of those private outfits, like Mailboxes Etc, if you have a box or account there.

nikki_t
08-26-2007, 11:34 AM
If they won't ship to a P.O. you will often find, for example, that UPS will ship to a local UPS store (or Fedex to a Fedex/Kinkos) where you can then pick it up.

Val702
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I was thinking of renting a mailbox at a mailbox place. But didn't consider this. I have done a lot more in store shopping recent, must be getting brave.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-26-2007, 04:33 PM
If you use Mailboxes etc. You have to show your ID, in order to rent a box. They also will make a copy of it for their records. Jocelyn

Trinni
08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
That is interesting. I'm guessing most people don't know about that. Since that is the case, why pay for a P.O. Box?

Cyndie
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
You can also rent a PO Box. You must show ID to rent the box, but you can add additional names as you wish. I have a PO box in my legal name, but have added Cyndie Dresser to the list of those who can receive mail through the box. :heehee: There were no questions ask about who or why I added the additional person.

TTFN
Cyndie