PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

TxKimberly
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
A few times in recent posts, people have flitted around the subject of people that have influenced them or been role models. I thought I'd stop dancing around it and hit it square on the head.
There have been people that apparently affected me at just the right time in my "TG Development" if you will. Dee Dee Crossmore was the first I think. It was about 1995 I think and I had just gotten out of the Army and started my first adult civilian job. My company was starting a new service and repair center in Austin and I was the sole component of it. So much to do trying to get it off the ground that I was often working VERY late or VERY early (3AM) and had the entire facility to myself. It was then that I started playing with the Internet through a slow modem - something 100% new to me. I stumbled on to Dee Dee Crossmore who was living in Alaska and telling stories of how she was going out and living in the sunshine and talking to people - just being alive! I remember my heart pounding at the thought and thinking "I WANT TO DO THAT!"
Thank you Dee Dee Crossmore (http://members.tgforum.com/Crossmore/ddc_bio13.htm) - thank you for showing me that we CAN be out in the world AND it can be done with class and style!

Eventually I learned there were more people like me in Austin and that there were safe places to go. I found out about a place called 'Bout Time in Austin where TG's were very welcome and I tried SO hard to get the courage up to go and check it out. I drove there probably half a dozen times and parked outside but just couldn't get up the courage to go in, even in boy mode to check it out.
The next person that was a major influence, I met in a chat room/forum much like this one, but it was on AOL and called the Gazebo (Spelling?)
What I liked most about the Gazebo, is that there were "normal" people there. TG's that talked of life, of their hopes, fears, triumphs, etc. It was not a pick up place, there was cyber nothing there other than honest friendship. Through this place I met a TG lady named Donna who lived a couple of hours south of me. At the time I thought of her as "older" (she was probably about the age I am now! lol). We chatted for months and became friends, or as close as you can get to someone you have never met face to face. Eventually it was decided that along with another Tgirl she knew, she would meet my wife and I for our first outting with me as Kim! She was a wonderful person - confident, proud to be TG, and it was important to her that she represent us well and with dignity. The night was just like a Cinderella story - I had so much fun. It was as if I had been holding my breath all of my life and not even known it until that night when I finally was allowed to inhale and fill my lungs. Unfortunately Donna died several years ago of cancer. Even though you probably didn't know her, trust me when I tell you that our community lost a fine individual there.
Thank you Donna - thank you for showing me that we can be proud to be TG and that your average TG is a kind and decent human being.

After this, I went out to 'Bout Time in Austin on a fairly regular basis and I got to know a lot of the TGirls there. One of them was Bobbie Williams. Bobbie was probably in her late 50's or early 60's, had a PHD (in what I don't know) and was the funnest and funniest person I have ever known. She has several books published, among them one called "Bobbie and Me" that you may have heard of. (I looked for it on-line to provide a link but couldn't find it) Anytime you hung out with Bobbie you went home with your face hurting because you had spent the evening grinning like an idiot and laughing. She was so much fun to hang out with. I always thought that if I were to try and introduce my mother, friends, or family to "the TG community", Bobbie would be the person I would want them to meet first. Bobbie has since moved to New York where I have long since lost touch. I'm sure she is holding court there somewhere now with a lot of people sitting around her with sore faces from smiling so much.
Thanks Bobbie - thanks for showing me that TG's can be intelligent and have a sense of humor.

One of the nights my wife went out with me, some drag queen (and yes I MEANT this to sound derogatory) decided to tweak my wife's rear end when she walked by. This completely freaked my wife out and she has never gone out with me since. I don't think this was 100% of her reason, don't get me wrong. I'm sure part of it is just boredom on her part. For us, we are happy and thrilled to be out and pretty, but for her, she was just sitting in a smokey old bar. It seemed that anytime I mentioned going out, my wife would get sullen and angry. I would plan to go out a week in advance and she would be fine and smile, but when THE night came around she would be Angry and maybe even a little mean about it. Add to that the fact that we had a baby and it boils down to I didn't go out much - in fact went about three years without going out at all.

Then I found crosdressers.com . . . then I found Karen Hutton (http://360.yahoo.com/profile-DfuDOdc6erRMQiaEDY9CO6XIBh0-?cq=1) . . . lol

I guess I had had some sort of a blind spot in my thinking - it had never occurred to me that I could take advantage of my constant trips for work to get out. It had simply never crossed my mind to take advantage of this. I started reading Karen's posts of how she would take advantage of her business trips to go out and I had that "Duh" moment where you slap yourself on the side of the head and tell yourself "Self, YOU are an idiot!"
So thanks Karen Hutton (http://360.yahoo.com/profile-DfuDOdc6erRMQiaEDY9CO6XIBh0-?cq=1), thanks for showing me that I should take the opportunities I was being presented with. You also showed us all that you can be out in the world, and that you can do it with a good attitude and with humor, but I hadn't quite got that message yet. Read on if your still awake.

Now having learned part of Karen's message, I was dragging (pardon the pun) a HUGE suitcase with me along with my tool box when I traveled for a service call. It takes a lot of baggage to have enough boy clothes for a week, enough girl clothes for a week, and the tools needed to do my job. I'm probably building more muscles dragging these two 50 pound bags on and off of shuttle buses and through airports than most people do lifting weights. Every where I go I search out TSisters and the TG friendly spots and I'm having a ball. I'm getting the chance to dress again with out the guilt of knowing I'm making my wife miserable. In fact she told me herself that she likes the arrangement. I'm happy, we don't have to worry about my daughter or my neighbors seeing me - it's a win win. The bad news is, "TG Friendly" usually equates to "Gay" bar, so more or less I'm spending my nights in smoke filled bars, and this is not good.
Then along comes Glenda (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=33133)
I was in Detroit and had contacted Glenda. I suggested we meet at a club I had found on-line and Glenda very quickly said "No". lol It seems she was familiar with the area and the club and knew it to be a place that was less than desirable. Instead she thought we should meet in the lounge of a very nice hotel and we did! We were treated like ladies - with decency and respect and with a smile. It was SOOO cool! We were sitting in a nice and quiet environment, where we could talk and chat and just exist. You know - just like "normal" people! :-) Glenda was so confident, relaxed, and just 100% classy the whole way.
So thanks Glenda (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=33133), thanks for showing me that if you act like a lady, you will be treated like a lady. Thanks for reinforcing the messages that others like Karen were showing with their example, that you don't have to exist only in smoke filled bars, you can get out in the world.

There have been many others who have been a good influence as well, but this is already the size of a novel so I better just say "Thanks". Thanks to all of you who try to show that most TG's are good and decent people, Husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, people that will help others when needed, people that want to see the world be a better place, people you would be proud to know.

Veronica Fallon
08-26-2007, 10:32 AM
...And as you know, I already consider you to be a very healthy role model for us newer-ish girls. You present the elegance, grace, & intelligence we could all do well to achieve someday!
:worship::heehee:

Thanks again Kim,

Veronica

Dita_B
08-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank YOU Kimberly for such a nice and inspiring post...I always enjoy reading your posts and this one is no exception.

Thank you so much for sharing and giving us a glimpse into your female life...

I wish more of us would do this... I am going to try to do the same, but not today yet...

And thank you for your advise that you always so generously share...

Love you for it XX :love:Dita.

Rhonda480
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
I am sure I have told you and the infamous K.Hutton (every listens when...) that you are two of my favorites here. You both have made me lose that "I'm a freak" feeling from my very first day here.

You all are very encourging and insightful, but I must say I have my favorites that I always check on ... you know the ones that venture out and tell us the stories, triumphs and pitfalls...the ones that make us laugh... the ones that I would have on my arm when I'm in drab and they are enfemme... the ones that I would sip wine with when enfemme and the ones I would sit and talk to all night (en-drab) and gladly buy the beer just to hear the stories....

YES...TxKimberly.....THIS IS YOUR LIFE!

Thank you and all the ones along the way that have made you who you are so that you have encourged me to enjoy, at least privately for the time being, who i am.:hugs::love:

Angie G
08-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure I was influenced by someone my dad dresses mabe that planted the seed I don;t know :hugs:
Angie

Holly
08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Kimberley, a great post, as always. It is good to reflect once in awhile and remember those who have helped us along our way. You seem to have attracted some first class help. Well done.

KandisTX
08-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Kimberly,

Interesting that you should post about who your influences have been. When I think back to my influences, believe it or not I have to thank a GG by that same name. She was my second wife, it was her that dressed me the first time completely which included shaving and make up and nail polish. She was the one that brought Kandis to the forefront of my world and I haven't looked back since. While that marriage failed disasterously, and number 3 was not much better, number 4 with Glitter GG has been phenomenal. She is my inspiration and she is supportive and participatory (Is that even a word?), in my CDing.

You, Karen Hutton, Holly, Sheri 4242, and so many others have been inspirational for me as well as many others with your stories and experiences that we can only look up to you for our own future adventures ;)

Kandis:love:

Katie Moore
08-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Ah Kim,

You are also an inspiration. I look forward to your posts. I also like liked the fact that you responded to my message to you about all the questions I had about a variety of things and bam you answered them in no time. So thank you too!!!

:love:

Katie

Melanie R
08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Kimberly,

Your post was awesome. We have got to meet one of these days when you are in Houston or I am in Austin.

Hugs,

Melanie

SherriePall
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Kimberly -- Yes, we all have someone to thank for getting us where we are today. I'm not going to mention names because I have lost contact with some and some of them are on this forum. Through their websites, they showed me that it was possible to get out and be myself. Through their emails they encouraged this poor girl.
And, I, too, have to say thanks to some GG's. They are all SA's, but they all have been more than that -- they have been friends to both me and my male self. They have been understanding, open with both their questions and suggestions, and, they, too, have been encouraging (sometimes, believing I could do more faster than I believed I could.).
Kimberly, I thank you for sharing your adventures and your posts such as this. This forum is built on those like yourself who give of themselves so that others may see that the impossible is possible, that life is to be lived.

Denise Anne
08-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Kimberly Thank you too. I was so amazed when I read your post. First I thought it was just wonderful and secondly I have a connection with you. When I first discovered the world of Crossdressing on the internet I was simply blown away by the numbers of others out there that were just like me. I also found Dee Dee Crossmore's website and read every word she posted there. She was my first T-Girl Hero! I just loved reading all about her adventures and thought that I too wanted to do those same types of things as she has done.

Now that you remind me of her and her stories many wonderful memories flood back. I now look at all of the wonderful ladies here at site and know that I am truly ok and that it is alright to feel this way and have thse desires. I thank everyone of you and owe you all a great big hugg.

Karren H
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Awww Kim I'm flattered but need no thanks.. Was just out and about doing wat I loved to do..... If I wasn't having fun I wouldn't be here!! Lol. And as you have found out, crossdressing on an expense account is one hell of a fringe benefit!! Hehe. Just don't tell my boss!!

Love reading your posts..... Your such a girl!! :D

Karren

Trinni
08-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Excellent thread. I think it is great you took the time out to thank the people who have been an inspiration and I just want to say I also love reading and look forward to your post and thoughts.:cheers:

SusanMarie
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Kimberly,
For you :clap: and everyone you mentioned :yrtw:
IMHO Everyone here is amazing and every post expands my understanding of our special gift.

insearchofme
08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Your post makes us a realize that even role models have role models. I know that there are bunch of my role modles here.

Hugs,

Sally24
08-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I have to say Kim, that you give as good as you get. Your posts here, your responses to others, your music and videos elsewhere, and your personal visits do much to help others of all types. I'd have to say your sense of humor is one of your best talents, but you have so many talents! I've been touched and impressed with the music that I've heard from you so far. And talking to you in person was a blast. You are one of the best of the best that we hope people think of when they see or hear about a CD. We couldn't have a better ambassador for us.

Now go forth and do some more PR for us girl!

Glenda58
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Thank you for thinking of me but I look forward to when you come to Detroit. I love it when we go out and I get to hear about all your trips and all the girls you meet. I also would like to thank Karren for getting me out more and introducing me to some TGs in my area.

susie evans
08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
kim you are a great person for sharing you thoughts and love for our mentors you brought back a lot of memorys of the past lot of years and the people that have helped me get to wear i'am at today thank you sooooo much you are a blessed girl
:love: susie

dakota_ann69
08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Kimberly,

I find myself reading your post and thinking of myself, although I have not had the courage to venture out into public yet as Dakota as I meet people like you and Karren and all of the other girls on this forum I find great inspiration from you. Although I have not had a chance to chat with you I have had the chance to chat with Karren and she has been a great inspiration to me. And so I find your post far more personal than you can imagine and find myself indebted to you and Karren and, well there are so many to mention. Diedra Cowen is another.

So it is my turn to say thank you. Thank you for helping me open my eyes to the greater scheme of things, you are truly an inspiration and for that I will never forget you or any of the other girls here.

As cheesy as it sounds I in a very short time have grown to love everyone here. And yes I mean everyone, GG's CD's FTM's GM's I consider you all friends.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Veronica 1
08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I have to say a big thank you to all of you out there, I would not be who I am without you.

Emily Ann Brown
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
We all have somebody who was there at that impressionable point and kicked our booties with their class and style and "togetherness". I'd not be me if it weren't for Lauren Phillips and Stephanie Somers.

Thanks sisters !

Emily Ann
(All the bad qualities came from my twin sister Karren Hutton...giggle giggle)

Nicole
08-29-2007, 05:35 AM
Well Kim, I guess you already know that when my turn comes to make a post like yours, you had better be scanning the text for your name! I'm so happy to have you as the first CD girl I have met in person! We may have both been *frazzled* by the day's earlier activities but nevertheless I will remember it fondly. There can only be one "first", yanno. ;)

Remember, dinner and drinks on us next visit. :hugs: