PDA

View Full Version : New diet new me

Adam
08-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Well here i am getting ready for in less than 2 weeks i will be on my T (hormones) but i am a tad overweight <<<(fatty) so i am also starting a diet you see i need to lose 3 stone in about a year and that is something i can do if i take my time and do it right :D

How many times have a said i am going on a diet i hear you ask the answer alot!!! but this time i would like to stick to it i need to stick to it so the object of this thread is i weigh myself once a week and write in here how its going ect start wight 14 stone 2lb goal 12 stone last weigh in was Friday so Friday i will put in here how it went and loss of weight ect

so this thread will be around for at least a year i hope lol help me stick to it i need to lose it for health resions

GACountrygal
08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Good for you Adam! Keep at it bud! You'll feel great and its such a feeling of accomplishment when you start moving toward your goal!!! :thumbsup::hugs:

Shelly Preston
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Adam

Best of luck with the diet

I know how hard it can be but remember why your doing it

it helps

ZenFrost
08-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Way to go man! You can do it! :D

xsideburnsx
08-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Good luck Adam!

Felix
08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
good luck Adam i'm sure ya can do it hun!! xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
thankyou everyone :D

Taylor105
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I know all about dieting. Let me know if you ever need support. I'm behind you man. :)

Adam
08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
thankyou taylor :D

JamesAlan
08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I know how hard it is to loose weight. I've been morbidly obese (translation: Deathly fat) since birth. I'm trying to work out a plan for loosing weight myself. Good luck to ya bro.

Adam
08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
so its been a week today since i started the diet and im happy to report i lost 3lb :D

CaptLex
08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
so its been a week today since i started the diet and im happy to report i lost 3lb :D
Three pounds in one week is good, man. If you lose too much too soon it's usually just water and comes right back, but 2-3 pounds a week is the real stuff you want to take off and it's more likely to stay off. Congrats, you're on your way! :thumbsup:

KrazyKat
08-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Awesome, Dude, that's great!!

Don't let someone sabatoge you with sweets, like my Mum always does!! It takes me forever to get back on track!!

I've just got my treadmill into position again, now I've got to get onto it!! Wedding in 2 weeks, must be able to suck gut in!!:D

DanielMacBride
08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Three pounds in one week is good, man. If you lose too much too soon it's usually just water and comes right back, but 2-3 pounds a week is the real stuff you want to take off and it's more likely to stay off. Congrats, you're on your way! :thumbsup:

:yt: Well done Adam, thats a GREAT start :D slow and steady weight loss is the way to go, and it sounds like you are well on your way :D

:thumbup:

Daniel

Adam
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
thankyou :D yeah im well pleased with the loss so far :D

JamesAlan
08-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Good job bro. Keep it up. 3 lbs lighter is a good feeling. Just slow and steady on it.

ZenFrost
08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Congrats Adam!

BarbaraTalbot
08-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Good work,dude!

Us guys like to kid ourself that a little extra just adds to the macho factor, but its good for the health and adds a youthful spring to the step if you can lean out a bit.

I had a question. How many lbs to a stone? And why is it that when we colonists split off, we kept English weights and measures, but not "stones" would that have cost us extra?

3 lbs a week is a great pace. Ive been pretty happy with 2 a week, Dee (always competitive) is running 2.5 to 3. The important thing is that the loss is sustainable.

Great job and keep it up!

Adam
09-01-2007, 04:38 AM
thankyou :D

there is 14lb to a stone

KarenSusan
09-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Great job, Adam, keep it up.

Jenna1561
09-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Great job Adam! I know losing weight is a struggle, particularly when a person LOVES to eat, like I do. But you can and will do it. 3 pounds is a great start and a fantastic weekly accomplishment.

A good nutritious diet and regular exercise will do wonders for a body. I have lost a net weight of 105 pounds (I guess that's about 7 1/2 stone) over the last 3 years with a goal of losing another 4 1/2 stone. Don't get discouraged when you plateau out at a steady weight for a while - that happens to most. Just stick with a practical nutritious diet and regular exercise.

Many who work on losing weight will lose some, gain a little back, then lose it and some more - for me it's like a small roller coaster, a general downward trend, but with small rises and plateaus. I set short term goals, and when I reach them, I reward myself with a treat like pizza or an ice cream sundae.

I think it's great that you're posting your progress - it's a great incentive to keep losing the weight. If you ever need anything I'm here - keep us posted.

You're on your way to a better and healthier life. Congratulations again on the first 3 pounds lost and Good Luck :)

Jenna

RevMoonSerpent
09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Great job Adam. I'm happy for you.

Abraxas
09-02-2007, 02:47 AM
That's awesome, Adam!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of diet are you going on? A general 'eat less food' diet, a protein diet, grapefruit diet, the Zone... ?
It might be helpful for you to keep a journal (if you're not already)-- write down your caloric intake, carbohydrates, etc., as well as how much you exercise per day. I've heard it really helps you stay on track.

Adam
09-02-2007, 06:13 AM
That's awesome, Adam!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of diet are you going on? A general 'eat less food' diet, a protein diet, grapefruit diet, the Zone... ?
It might be helpful for you to keep a journal (if you're not already)-- write down your caloric intake, carbohydrates, etc., as well as how much you exercise per day. I've heard it really helps you stay on track.

i am on a calores counting diet :) i think its what works best for me

Adam
09-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Great job Adam! I know losing weight is a struggle, particularly when a person LOVES to eat, like I do. But you can and will do it. 3 pounds is a great start and a fantastic weekly accomplishment.

A good nutritious diet and regular exercise will do wonders for a body. I have lost a net weight of 105 pounds (I guess that's about 7 1/2 stone) over the last 3 years with a goal of losing another 4 1/2 stone. Don't get discouraged when you plateau out at a steady weight for a while - that happens to most. Just stick with a practical nutritious diet and regular exercise.

Many who work on losing weight will lose some, gain a little back, then lose it and some more - for me it's like a small roller coaster, a general downward trend, but with small rises and plateaus. I set short term goals, and when I reach them, I reward myself with a treat like pizza or an ice cream sundae.

I think it's great that you're posting your progress - it's a great incentive to keep losing the weight. If you ever need anything I'm here - keep us posted.

You're on your way to a better and healthier life. Congratulations again on the first 3 pounds lost and Good Luck :)

Jenna

wow thats alot of weight you lost well done :) thankyou for the advice im thinking of doing more exercise once i get myself into gear :)

Adam
09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
ok this week i only lost 1lb but its better than nothing :D

CaptLex
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
ok this week i only lost 1lb but its better than nothing :D
Yes, and it's also better than gaining a pound. Good for you. :clap:

SirTrey
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Good job, man....I gained three pounds last week, My wife and I had My granddaughter for a week while My daughter healed from surgery...So we ate on the fly the whole week (fast food, ice cream, junk junk junk)....Worse yet, My wife is diabetic....I'm a terrible husband.....But she is back on track and I am with you....Knocking those three pounds off before they turn to five....Keep up the good work! **Trey**

RevMoonSerpent
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
1-2 lbs a week is the way to go Adam so congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work.:D

Adam
09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
thankyou everyone :D

ZenFrost
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Good job on the continued weight loss. :smilep:

1-2 lbs a week is the way to go Adam so congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work.:D

Yeah, if you start losing more than that per week it can be hazardous to your health.

Jenna1561
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Way to go dude! 1 pound a week lost is better than 1 pound gained. Keep it up, but don't starve yourself, or you'll begin to hate the diet and we know where that leads. Congratulations again.

Jenna