PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a sister, well almost 40 of them

CharleneCD
08-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Last night Bunny and I finally got a chance to check out Detroits T-girl hot spot, Gigi's.

The story actualy starts Monday when we had the chance to get together with another sister and her wife. Her name is Carolann. We had chatted online occasionaly for the past few months, but our schedule did not allow us to meet. With us now having time we finaly got to meet. We met at an Applebee's in her town. Both of us went fem and we had a good time. This is a regular restaraunt for her so we were treated real well. Afterwards we went to their place and chatted for a few hours. We happened to mention that we had wanted to check out Gigi's. Well they happened to be going this weekend, so we made plans to join them.

So Saturday arrives. We had no chace to do much planning as my parents came to visit for a couple of days. They left that morning. While my parents know of Charlene, I dont put her in front of them. So when they left we grabbed a nap and then started getting ready. We were supposed to meet the other couple at their house and ride in with them, but with two women getting ready together we were twice as slow as usual. So we had to call and tell them we would meet them at the club.

Finaly we hit the road about 3 hours later than we had planned. We made a quick stop at the McDonalds that inspired my earlier post and make the 2 hour drive to Detroit. Halfway there I realise that I had left my camera sitting on the counter at home. Oh well I thought, but I neednt have worried as others are going to email me some of theirs. As we were about to pull in, Carolann called us on our cell. She directed us in and met us at the door.

Going in all I can say is OMG. There is nothing like walking into a bar filled with mostly Tgirls. There were about 23 there at first and as the night went on I know that number had inreased to at least 40. We had a great time dancing the night away and just watching all the interaction between the girls. We were also made to feel very welcome. One gal really went out of her way to make sure we were having fun. I dont remember her name but I will find out from Carolann when I talk to her later, as I need to acces her website to get some pics. We stayed until about 1:30. Most of the gals were leaving by then, and the regular Gay crowd was taking over. Now for the long ride home.

First thing that had to happen, was the heels had to come off. I now understand why the GG's do this. I have spent hours in my heels but never out on the dance floor. My feet HURT. We stopped at a 24 hour drive through to get a bite. No parade this time:D . finaly got home and we both crawled in bed and died. It was a long night but well worth it. We had a blast. We intend to go back again but next time I think we will get a hotel room.

Any of you that live anywhere near Detroit need to make the time to go there on a Saturday night.

As soon as I get the pics I will post them.

Deidra Cowen
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a blast...I have heard of that club before. Funny how in some cities a great Tgirl scene gets going and in other cities that are the same size it can be dead.

A lot has to do with having a 'homebase' like GiGis or in our case in Atlanta 'da Stage Door.'

Gald you two had fun and yeap sometimes those shoes gotta come off! Especially new ones.

Cara Allen
08-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I used to go there pretty often, about once a month or more. It is fun! Did you see the Impersonator show, downstairs? It's great!

It is a unique place, and I am glad it's still around. I can't remember the number of times that I closed that place.

As for the gay guys, they are nice too. They think we're weird, but they are big on accepting. Sometimes, joy of joy, you might even get hit on. The only thing about that is, that it's a mixed blessing. Gays only go after the male-est girls... they like guys, after all. Used to bother me that I wasn't drawing attention as much as the others, 'till I found out why.

There are often "Gender Complements" there (bi's that only like TG's,) out to date and pick up the prettiest of us, and that is fun, too.

Even if you don't want the male attention, it is quite a rush to have a guy make a pass, or ask for a dance, being so polite and treating you like he is interested....

As for other places to go, there are accepting lesbian bars in Detroit too... You don't get hit on there often, but if you bring your wife, she might not like the attention. Best to go there, with just "the girls." And the dance floor is fun to watch...

Tamera
08-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Yep,
I was there I beleive twice. Nice place. You girls goin again look my BUTT up, schedule permitting I'll join ya.
Hugs,
Tamera

Cara Allen
08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Yep,
I was there I beleive twice. Nice place. You girls goin again look my BUTT up, schedule permitting I'll join ya.
Hugs,
Tamera

I think that might be fun, too! Girls nite out! Any ideas on where we might be able to change? I have issues...

CharleneCD
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Yep,
Hugs,
Tamera

Tamera, sounds like fun. Not sure when we are going again, but when we do I will let you know.

Cara, if where to dress is a problem, we will prob be renting a room for the night there in town. Although three gals getting ready in the same room might be a disaster.

Cara Allen
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Tamera, sounds like fun. Not sure when we are going again, but when we do I will let you know.

Cara, if where to dress is a problem, we will prob be renting a room for the night there in town. Although three gals getting ready in the same room might be a disaster.

Uh, uh! That might be fun! I would not spend the night, so there would still be a bed for both of you.

Fair warning... I take probably two hours to get myself together (smile.)