PDA

View Full Version : Question about role models.

mistunderstood
08-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I identify all male but when I sit back and think about what sex most of my real role models are they are almost all women. I look up to strong women. Women who have fought for me to be able to be me. I guess maybe it is there traits that I admire most.
Does any body else feel this way?
I hope this make some kind of scents because I am real tired and should go to bed.

Felix
08-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Yeah I guess alot of my strong role models are women xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
08-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Mainly men here.....

DanielMacBride
08-27-2007, 04:30 AM
I have a mix of male and female role models, but yeah, they seem to be predominantly females :)

Daniel

brylram
08-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Definately all guys for me.

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 06:38 AM
I identify all male but when I sit back and think about what sex most of my real role models are they are almost all women. I look up to strong women. Women who have fought for me to be able to be me. I guess maybe it is there traits that I admire most.
Does any body else feel this way?
I hope this make some kind of scents because I am real tired and should go to bed.

Definitely male role models here for Me, as well.....**T**

Adam
08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
i dont look up to anyone or use anyone as a role model i just try and be kind thought full and thats about it :D

Xaff
08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Mine are almost all strong manly woman. :happy: The tough girls/womans.

Devon James
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I have male and female role models, but mostly androgynous women or tomboy's... (hmm isn't that the same?)

CaptLex
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I suppose I have both male and female role models. It's about the person's character, not gender. I also admire strong women, but I admire strong men too (and I don't mean physically strong). I admire people who stand up and do the right thing, take responsibility, protect the weak, stand up to bullies, make sacrifices for loved ones, teach younger ones about courtesy, decency and respect, etc. Just good people - regardless of gender. :happy:

ZenFrost
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Role models? What role models? I guess there's my parents... so one male and one female.

bi_weird
08-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Hrm. Well I guess I've got some of both. Strong females who lead the way to my future, like Marie Curie and other female scientists. Athletes who are mostly men who I'd like to emulate in some ways. My parents. Yeah I gess I go both ways.

DanielMacBride
08-28-2007, 01:47 AM
I suppose I have both male and female role models. It's about the person's character, not gender. I also admire strong women, but I admire strong men too (and I don't mean physically strong). I admire people who stand up and do the right thing, take responsibility, protect the weak, stand up to bullies, make sacrifices for loved ones, teach younger ones about courtesy, decency and respect, etc. Just good people - regardless of gender. :happy:

Exactly! :D Some of my male role models (aside from the obvious ones of my dad and grandfather and brothers) are Gandhi, John Butler, Peter Garrett (before he went into politics), Bono, David Helfgott (geez, what is it with me and musicians?? lol)....

Female role models of mine include Joan of Arc (don't laugh), my great-great-great-great aunt Emily Clifton, my maternal grandmother (at least until she stopped talking to me a few years ago because I got dreadlocks and stuff), Pink, and pretty much any woman who doesn't buy into the whole "women must look like Barbie and do what Ken says" BS ;)

Daniel

boi_0h
08-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I've got mixed gender role models...
Male: Ronan Tynan, Ted Williams, John Lennon, Muhammad Ali, Neil Armstrong
Female: Helen Keller, Marie Curie, Susan B. Anthony, Celine Dion