PDA

View Full Version : University of Vt 'Gender-Neutral' Bathrooms

switcheralso
08-27-2007, 04:46 AM
BURLINGTON, Vt. — The University of Vermont's big new student center doesn't just have women's bathrooms and men's bathrooms. On fox news.com WOW!

This did not happen at Southern Illinois...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C294633%2C00.html

Hermione Simpson
08-27-2007, 05:10 AM
why don't things like this ever happen in the uk, or maybe i'm just not looking hard enough

NatalieH
08-27-2007, 09:21 AM
And, besides the bathrooms, I was glad to see...

"UVM has taken other steps to accommodate transgendered students. It allows students to change their first names on their campus identification cards and offers several gender-neutral residential suites."

As happy as I was to hear that, I was disappointed to read comments on the story on the Burlington Free Press website, most of which were posted by those predicting the imminent end of civilization as we know it.

All in all, tho, I'm glad to see my state becoming even more CD/TG friendly.

Thanks for posting this.

Natalie

iiiman5
08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I just found out about this on my way to work. I think there should be more unisex bathrooms. If the stalls were made more private I can't see any problem with men and women using the same bathrooms.

jjjjohanne
08-29-2007, 05:49 AM
What likely precipitated this is the GGs complained about the CD's in their bathroom. This is not a tolerance thing as much as a mitigation of a problem.

Karren H
08-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Your lucky that SIU has bathrooms at all let alone class rooms!! Lol

And what's wrong with using the ladies room when enfemme or the gents when in drab? I use unisex restrooms when changing genders mainly but usually use the one that fits my public presentation..

Don't know I'd feel safe using a public genderfree restroom enfemme where anyone could just walk in!! Single ocupant family ones are ok but if anyone had access to it then what would keep a bunch of guys from coming in and playing "Let's kill the pervert" before class?? Hmmmm?

Sounds great in theory but ill pass..

Karren