PDA

View Full Version : How Stupid Is This?

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 06:59 AM
My wife and I are going to take My three year old granddaughter for a week and bring her to NY for a week of "vacation", so we went out and bought a new futon for her to sleep on....I was going to work on putting it together while the wife took her daughter to work, so I start unpacking the box...All of the metal pieces came in one flat box and the stuff in the box were packed pretty tight (and it was relatively heavy), so I opened one side and flipped the box over and started to dump the contents onto the floor....I must have given it a little too hard of a push, because it came out a little too fast and came right down on My foot....Fractured My right big toe and, according to the ER doc, probably ruptured the ligaments in the toe, and possibly the tendons, as well, because I can't move it or bend it at all.....Not because it hurts, it simply will not move....So today I have to see an orthopedist....The worst part? The freaking futon is still in a million pieces....I told My wife I am still going to put it together....Her response? "What are you? Nuts?" My response, "No, I'm a guy and it's only a stupid toe." Anyway, had to vent....Have a great day, all....**T**

clinkerfiasco
08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
When I have to put stuff together I always tip the box and dump it out.

Hope your toe feels better soon.

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
When I have to put stuff together I always tip the box and dump it out.

Hope your toe feels better soon.

Yep, that's what I was doing....and it came out faster than I anticipated....The thing is, I thought I had it far away enough that when it did come out, it WOULDN'T come down on My foot....Oops...LOL....Thanks for the good wishes....**T**

Tobie
08-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I empathize with foolishly-received pain, having dropped my laptop on my foot last weekend. ;)

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I empathize with foolishly-received pain, having dropped my laptop on my foot last weekend. ;)

Geez, sorry to hear that....It IS worse, though, when you get hurt in a stupid way, isn't it?? Kind of hits you in both the foot AND the ego...LOL

Taylor105
08-27-2007, 07:49 AM
God that sounds bad. I hope they gave you some good drugs at the E.R.

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 07:57 AM
God that sounds bad. I hope they gave you some good drugs at the E.R.

Actually, they DIDN'T.....I am supposed to take ibuprofen every so many hours for inflammation, and that's about it....So, really NOTHING good came of this...Not even THAT...LOL

Adam
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
ouch!!! that musta hurt i feel for you but yeah it still needs putting together so in no where your comeing from

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 09:09 AM
ouch!!! that musta hurt i feel for you but yeah it still needs putting together so in no where your comeing from

Yep, it does need put together, and I'm going to do it....My wife is going to have to get over it, LOL....We are picking the granddaughter up in Ohio tomorrow, so it needs to be done today....and you gotta do what you gotta do! (and, yes, it did hurt).....**T**

John
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Ouch! That musta hurt!

My method is to put the box on the floor and take it appart to get to the stuff.

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Ouch! That musta hurt!

My method is to put the box on the floor and take it appart to get to the stuff.

Dude, I am definitely going to do it YOUR way next time....LOL

Felix
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Hun hope ya get better soon xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
you do no that now you have hurt your toe everything will find it fall on it bump it and nock it don't you :heehee:

even people will by accident stand on it its true you no!!! so be careful out there is a dangerous world for a poorly toe :heehee:

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
you do no that now you have hurt your toe everything will find it fall on it bump it and nock it don't you :heehee:

even people will by accident stand on it its true you no!!! so be careful out there is a dangerous world for a poorly toe :heehee:

Oh, I'm aware....I'm almost bordering on paranoia over it.....Just thinking about someone accidentally stepping on it or bumping it into the wall or something....Ouch. LOL

CaptLex
08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh, I'm aware....I'm almost bordering on paranoia over it.....Just thinking about someone accidentally stepping on it or bumping it into the wall or something....Ouch. LOL

Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do . . . :thumbsup:

ZenFrost
08-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't think you're stupid, just unlucky.

SirTrey
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do . . . :thumbsup:

Speaking of "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"...This man did....Futon is assembled....and the toe didn't fall off and the earth did not disintegrate....In spite of My wife's dire predictions...Got it done and said to Her, "Who's your daddy, baby?" LOL **T**

Taylor105
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Actually, they DIDN'T.....I am supposed to take ibuprofen every so many hours for inflammation, and that's about it....So, really NOTHING good came of this...Not even THAT...LOL

Geez...are they masochists? I have broken several toes over the years in the martial arts and I have even had a toe amputated and I always got at least Lortabs. I hope your toe gets better soon.

CaptLex
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Speaking of "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"...This man did....Futon is assembled....and the toe didn't fall off and the earth did not disintegrate....In spite of My wife's dire predictions...Got it done and said to Her, "Who's your daddy, baby?" LOL **T**
I never had a doubt that you would get it done, dude. :thumbsup:

Tobie
08-28-2007, 07:02 PM

It'll definitely happen. S/O managed to elbow me directly on the spot two days after, and then the next morning, I stabbed it with the corner of the stroller canopy! My toddler jumps on my feet too. I'm only finally on the mend now. ;)