PDA

View Full Version : Meeting and relating to other CDers

JoAnnDallas
08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I remember when I was invited to attend HEF2006 last year. This is an annual CD even sponsered by Tri-Ess. Last year it was held here in Dallas. Anyway, I sent end my fee and while I was waiting for the week to come, I got thinking that this will be my first time meeting other CDers and possibly pre/post TS's. I wondered how I would relate to them and how they would relate to me.
So I am asking all of you that have meet other CDers.
1. How did you feel meeting another CDer who was dressed and you were dressed?
2. Did you relate to them as you would another woman or did you relate to them as a man in womens clothing?
3. How did they relate to you?
4. Did you try and use a fem voice or did you just use your male voice?
5. Was the experience what you hoped it would be?

I discovered that I quickly started relating them as other women and felt I was relating them as a woman too. I found my femininty taking hold and felt the feminity of the others. Every one I met make me feel welcomed and loved, which made the whole experience more enjoyable. What nervious and tension I had quickly faded. When my host discovered that that was my first time in public dressed, she took me under her wing and made the whole time even more enjoyable.

NovaScotia
08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
in public, that I know of. I am looking forward to some of the responses you get.

Nova

Veronica Fallon
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I recently attended my first Tri-ESS meeting, which was also my first time out anywhere, & first time meeting other girls. I was somewhat disappointed to find that none talked femme & most didn't act very femme either. I was nervous (understatement!!!) & trying hard to feel my own femininity, with not much success. I think it would have been much easier had they been in feminine form. It probably would have been more interesting & fun if we were all in full femme-mode.

I know not all of us feel the need or desire to express our femininity beyond dressing, but next time I think I'll be my femmy-best (if I can feel it enough) & see if anyone follows suit! I hope so, but to each his/her own.

Peace, Love, & Lipstick, :doll:

Veronica

Toyah
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
1. How did you feel meeting another CDer who was dressed and you were dressed? Much like meeting anyone for the first time a little uncomfortable

2. Did you relate to them as you would another woman or did you relate to them as a man in women's clothing? It is always 2 guys so that's how I relate

3. How did they relate to you? I have no idea

4. Did you try and use a fem voice or did you just use your male voice? Male coz that's what I am

5. Was the experience what you hoped it would be? I didn't really want to go didn't go again, I was never going to be totally comfortable going out dressed so probably wont anymore !!!

Kristen Marie
08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I have met a number of crossdressers in almost every way. It is usually easiest when we are both dressed. Kristen has her own persona and is much more sociable. She usually uses her guy voice, but up a little and thend to be a bit more expressive.

But I have been in guy mode and walked into a gather of T-Girls in Boston (First Event registration) and in Orlando, and found that to be the hardest. I get anxious and want to get dressed in the worst way!!

And, I have been in guy mode and met other T-Girls while they are in guy mode, and that's a hard feeling to explain. A tad awkward....but it is for both of us so then it's less awkward....

PaulaJaneThomas
08-27-2007, 02:07 PM

Can't really remember. It was about 20 years ago. I doubt I was naked.

2. Did you relate to them as you would another woman or did you relate to them as a man in womens clothing?

I relate to TGs as human beings.

As a badger of course :D

I don't have a fem voice so it's Hobson's Choice ...

Really can't remember. I doubt I was overwhealmed though.

Emily Ann Brown
08-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I prefer fem/fem meetings for some reason. Now I do have a couple of locals I have met guy/fem and fem/guy and felt no discomfort at all, but then I have known them a long time now. Guy/guy seems to work best for first meetings but is always "touchy", think it's a trust issue wondering if this is really the sister you know. I always see sisters as women.

I usually use the voice gender the other party is using but I prefer to be in fem voice myself. And when dressed I usually just go fem without thinking.

I think it goes without saying I love meeting sisters and am totally comfortable out (but always have butterflies till my heels hit the pavement) in fem mode unless I know in advance it is hostile territory.

Emily Ann

AllieSF
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I have only been out a few times with other Cds. I never met one for the first time when we were both dressed. Based on this here are my answers:

1. How did you feel meeting another CDer who was dressed and you were dressed? When both of us were dressed it was fine and a lot of fun. No nervousness because we had already met either as two guys or as me in drab and she dressed.

2. Did you relate to them as you would another woman or did you relate to them as a man in womens clothing? I relate to them as men in woman's clothing and as two people with similar interests in an uncommon area.

3. How did they relate to you? They seemed to enjoy the meeting. I can't speak to what they felt.

4. Did you try and use a fem voice or did you just use your male voice? I always use my normal voice with everyone. My friends may or may not use a fem voice some or all of teh time.

5. Was the experience what you hoped it would be? Yes, I try not to put high expectations on the unknown. I like to go with the flow and let things happen and always try to have fun and just be myself.

jennifer41356
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
My best friend is a tgirl, met at the local Dallas Cd club 15yrs ago. I met a few who became friends, but they all moved. My friend Pam is now living full time and we go out every weekend to the clubs or to friends as women... it was easy meeting other CD's and I still have met a few. I relate better to those who want to look and act fem like me.

I am not real interested in meeting the DQ's or TV's, but we will say hello and chat with them if they approach us

TxKimberly
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
. . . and of course none of them are exactly like the other.

Been a long time since this was something new to me. I think the first time there was some nerves but it was minor and over with quickly. Very quickly you will probably be perfectly comfortable and laughing and chatting. Of course much of this depends on the person you are meeting. The VAST majority of TGirls I have met I was quickly comfortable with.

Tough call and again highly dependant on the person you are talking to. Some you feel like two ladies, some you feel like two cross dressers - something not quite all male and not quite all female. lol
At least while meeting "dressed", I don't think I ever felt like it was two guys. I have met a few drab and in this event you tend to relate as males.

Same as #2 above

I have heard a FEW with a convincing female voice but very few. I personaly just try and speak softer without putting bass into my voice. It is not really a fem voice, just a softer voice.

If you have never met another TGirl, I think you owe it to yourself. Hanging out with a group of TGirls can be the most fun you have ever had if they are a cheerful group. I met up with a group called the "Sisters Of Boston" on a recent trip and this is the sort of group I am talking about. They laughed, joked, and had a good time. If you get the chance to meet a group like this you really should take it.

Roberta Lynn
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I went to BE-ALL in Chicago at the end of May. That was my first time out and the first time I had ever met another CD.

Nervious at first. Lucky I had a couple of angels, members from here, that made me feel very comfortable.

Never really thought about it till you asked. They were them, I was me. Must of related to them as women, defiantly didn't see them as men in womens clothing.

Same as above. Was a strangely pleasant feeling when someone complimented me on the pretty top I was wearing.

I don't have a fem voice, just try to tone down my natural one

More than I had expected. Plan to do it again.

sissystephanie
08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I remember when I was invited to attend HEF2006 last year. This is an annual CD even sponsered by Tri-Ess. Last year it was held here in Dallas. Anyway, I sent end my fee and while I was waiting for the week to come, I got thinking that this will be my first time meeting other CDers and possibly pre/post TS's. I wondered how I would relate to them and how they would relate to me.
So I am asking all of you that have meet other CDers.

I discovered that I quickly started relating them as other women and felt I was relating them as a woman too. I found my femininty taking hold and felt the feminity of the others. Every one I met make me feel welcomed and loved, which made the whole experience more enjoyable. What nervious and tension I had quickly faded. When my host discovered that that was my first time in public dressed, she took me under her wing and made the whole time even more enjoyable.

It was over a year ago. At my own house.
1. It was enjoyable. We were both older ladies but both nicely dressed.
2. I was a man in a dress and so was he.
3. I guess we related O.K., but it was a one time thing.
4. I am an man, so my voice is male. Very much so!
5. No! He expected sex. and that is not in my program. Only with a GG! He didn't stay long.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

tifftg
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
1. How did you feel meeting another CDer who was dressed and you were dressed? It was wonderful to be sharing this with someone else. I was about to turn 50 it was my birthday gift to come out of the closet. The girls at the meeting were so welcoming and it was great not to be laughed at. I was very nervous.
2. Did you relate to them as you would another woman or did you relate to them as a man in womens clothing? I hope we were relating as women. I know I was more attuned to listening and learning.
3. How did they relate to you? The same
4. Did you try and use a fem voice or did you just use your male voice? A slower softer voice than my boy side
5. Was the experience what you hoped it would be? Everything I hoped for and more. I found that I needed to be out the door with other girls more and more. So glad I opened that door.

tiffany