PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

takoyaki
03-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Just need a few opinions here. By the end of this summer i'll be cutting my hair pretty short (but not butchy or anything like that. More like right below the ears) but im having a difficult time choosing a color to dye it. I was thinking of bleaching it but I get a lot of mixed opinions on it... (which I probably will here too...).
Anyways, I have two colors picked out. One's a funky mix of different browns (which I'd rather not get into right now) and the other is the bleach. Im 1/2 asian, so that might give you an idea. My skin tone is pretty white, unlike most asians, so maybe that'll help also. And, dunno if this'll help or not, but for my new dress style, I was thinking somewhat clean-cut-ish. (not fully clean cut.)

Anyways, thanks.

Abraxas
03-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Hmmm. It'd be hard to tell without a picture of you. Erm... Hmmmm.
See, I'm the kind of person who looks more or less okay with any hair colour. I've had my hair blond, light brown, red, dark brown, black... Hell, even green. It always worked. You should also ask the opinion of people who know you personally.
Sorry I can't be of more help right now... I'm in a shitty mood and can't think straight.
Good luck, and if I can formulate a coherent response at a later time, I'll be sure to do so.

takoyaki
03-21-2005, 04:07 AM
dont worry about it. Im going to try and get a pic of me sometime soon and post it. Might be a few days or so. When that happens, u can tell me what u think/suggest.

Loui
04-01-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm naturally brown but I've been red, purple, bleach blonde and I'm currently blue black (I'm going through a second goth phase I think :confused: )

If you go quite short then bleach would be good, but in my own experience I think bleach blonde looks too femmy with longer hair (like mine when I bleached it). The browns sound good too.

I've found style changed my opinion of how much more male I looked/felt rather than colour, I don't think colour matters as much. I'm a bit of a cop out really, I had my hair all cut to about an inch and a half in length all over apart from my fringe, I couldn't bear the thought of not having a little bit of hair left to hide behind, I'd feel too exposed and I don't think it will suit me :( I'm such a cop out...

http://usera.imagecave.com/Louibitz/small.jpg <My blondeness!
http://usera.imagecave.com/Louibitz/face.jpg <My black although its too dark to see the style. It's a bit long at the moment ^^;;;

First time posting photos here. Be gentle with me!

takoyaki
04-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow, I REALLY like your hair. ><
It's pretty close to what Im looking for. Im planning to have my front hair just as long as the back and use them as bangs. (Im such a freak. Goin for the anime look >_<)
Also, did you bleach your eyebrows? o.o I didn't think you could do that. (Looks great!)

Well, I get a lot of mixed opinions for hair color. I've had people tell me to go with brown, bleach it, or just leave it natural (which it isn't currently anyways currently black, but the black is somewhat washed out).

What I guess im trying to ask is what people think about bleach blonde on asians. Not long haired asians, but short haired. Anywhere from shoulder length and up.

Also, did you have a root problem? Such as dying it and then your roots start to show? I hear it looks bad, but i've personally never seen it.

Anyways, Thanks!

Loui
04-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to get rid of my bangs (we don't really use that word here, seems wierd me using it XD). I'm keeping a bit of length in my hair right now (its about 3 or 4 inches now) for a cosplay I have coming up. My hairstyle coincidently looks like that of the character I want to cosplay and people have told me so, so I'm not going to make any changes to it for a while.

I didn't do anything to my eyebrows when I went blonde, they just happen to look quite light in that photo. They're naturally mid brown so I can go between being blonde or black quite easily. Blonde on asians always seems fine to me, I've had friends who've done it, just be wary that because your hair is naturally very dark the bleach may not get it absolute blonde, you may only get a very light orangey brown. My hair is a light mousey brown anyway so I manage to get true blonde luckily ^^ I home bleach myself though, you may want to consult a professional.

Roots have never been much of a problem for me, if the hair is short then the regrowth is fairly even and looks okay. I have always let a previous bleach job grow out completely before doing it again, otherwise it is too damaging to the hair. I've got a couple of photos of my bleach jobs growing out somewhere...

http://usera.imagecave.com/Louibitz/crop.jpg < Sorry it had to be yet another cosplay photo, I don't actually have any normal pics of myself XD. About three months of grow out there. Bit dark to tell though...
http://usera.imagecave.com/Louibitz/hair.jpg < My hair when it's good and short and behaving itself! A lot of outgrowth there, the blonde is really only still in the ends and the fringe. I quite like the effect :p

takoyaki
04-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Sorry. I normally use fringe instead of bangs but I tend to switch back and forth at times. ^^;

Like the photos! Unlike most asians, I don't have that super thick hair that seems to be the asian stereotype. (wish I did, then I could do some more stuff with it!)
Before I dyed my hair black it was a medium dark brown. Used to be black, but like all my cousins on my fathers side, the seems to change colors as I get older. -_-;

I noticed something from one of your other postings with more current pictures. Your black hair was similar to your avatar.... I have a feeling that i've already said that, but I can't remember if I did... (and im too lazy to go back and find out. lol)

Well, after seeing your cosplay photos, I don't feel as unsure as I previously did. Everything I heard about the roots showing always referred to long haired asian women anyways. (which will not be me in the near future ><)

Anyways, great hair! It looks thick, unlike mine. Envy.