PDA

View Full Version : FTM Question Only - Do you guys ever purge and stuff?

Amy
08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I hope it's okay if I post a question in here. I know this is your part of the forum and I want to repect your side of the fence and all but I just had a thought and so I figured I'd come here and ask.
It can be a pretty conflicting thing for a guy to realise that he likes wearing womens clothing and there a lot of post about wanting to quit and purging and what not. So, I was just wondering if you guys go threw the same thing or if it's different for a women that want to wear guy clothes? Do you ever feel the need to quit and get rid of stuff?

Adam
08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
For me i am male well a transman so i wouldent want to wear girl things i never have

Kieron Andrew
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
if i purged my male stuff, id have no clothes :heehee:

ZenFrost
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Ditto. :D Also, feel free to post in this section, we like MtFs and GGs who hang out here.

xsideburnsx
08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't own any female clothing nor do I have the urge to revert back to being a "female".

But I imagine if I did, my clothes would be ok to wear out as a woman who was a total tomboy haha.

CaptLex
08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope it's okay if I post a question in here. I know this is your part of the forum and I want to repect your side of the fence and all but I just had a thought and so I figured I'd come here and ask.
Yeah, that's fine, Amy . . . :happy:

I was just wondering if you guys go threw the same thing or if it's different for a women that want to wear guy clothes? Do you ever feel the need to quit and get rid of stuff?
Actually, I kind of did once . . . I gave up the idea of ever being able to live like a guy and got rid of my ties, suspenders, and other men's stuff. It was a sad time, but I thought it was what I needed to do - put that all behind me and try to live like a woman. I still wore gender-neutral clothing most of the time, though, but not anything exclusively male. And when I started rediscovering that side of me and crossdressing again, my cousin gave me back some ties that I had given him. Now I've gotten rid of my female clothing and I'm not going back. :D

clinkerfiasco
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I've also gotten rid of all of my female clothes so all I have now are guy stuff or gender neutral stuff. Also, when I got rid of my female clothing I gave most of it to a transwomen friend of mine who's getting her feet wet with transitioning.

SirTrey
08-27-2007, 10:04 PM
It can be a pretty conflicting thing for a guy to realise that he likes wearing womens clothing and there a lot of post about wanting to quit and purging and what not. So, I was just wondering if you guys go threw the same thing or if it's different for a women that want to wear guy clothes? Do you ever feel the need to quit and get rid of stuff?

I never, ever feel the urge to purge My guy clothes....nor do I ever even consider the possibility of wanting to lose Myself and go back to being someone I'm not. For Me, it's not about dressing, it's about My identity as a person...and that, I could not purge. **T**

DanielMacBride
08-28-2007, 04:51 AM
I NEVER want to get rid of anything pertaining to my male self - like Kieron, if I got rid of my male clothing I would have nothing left to wear (I have NO female clothing in my wardrobe whatsoever) :D

And why would I want to get rid of who I am? ;) I don't just dress, look and act male - I AM male :D

Daniel

John
08-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the boys side of the fence. Don't worry, we don't bite.

Same! I'd have to walk around naked...

Well, I had a 'denial' phase for a number of years I guess you could maybe call that. I tried to where girl cloths and act like a girl (from about 11-16). I didn't enjoy it, and there's no way in hell I'd do it again.

Amy
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Thank guys,
You've pretty much confermed what I suspected. There are some on the other side of the fence that totally identify with being female just as most here identify with being male but there are some over there that are like me. That are totally guys that just like dressing up on ocation. And I think we're usually the ones that freak out the most about it. Anyways, I suspected that most F2M would be less likely to perge than M2F because there doesn't seem to be that catagory of those that crossdress for fun. Yeah, thanks for answering my question. I like it over here the M2F side gets a little too girly.

Kieron Andrew
08-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I like it over here the M2F side gets a little too girly.
You are welcome any time Amy :)....

brylram
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
There are a couple ftm members that just like to crossdress, and there are certainly lots in real life that do the same... but I agree, that group isn't very strongly represented here. I'm not entirely certain why, though it's often speculated that they simply don't have as much need/desire for support. I'd be interested to find out from them what the reason actually is, but since they're not here, and I don't know any personally (though I have plenty of friends who do) I don't have an answer yet.

Amy
08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
That sounds right. I don't know for sure but I supect it's because they can get away with it a lot easier than M2F can so they may not even concider themselves crossdressers. A girl gets no guff for wearing pants even guy pants but a guy wearing a skirt is not even in the same catagory. I have a hard time imagining a woman locking herself in her room and putting on a suit and tie and being afraid of getting caught.

Taylor105
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a question about bulemia. lol I'm glad it wasn't!!

As far as purging clothing goes, I would be walking around stark raving naked and noone needs to see that. :)

Syr_SwitchyGQ
08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
That sounds right. I don't know for sure but I supect it's because they can get away with it a lot easier than M2F can so they may not even concider themselves crossdressers. A girl gets no guff for wearing pants even guy pants but a guy wearing a skirt is not even in the same catagory. I have a hard time imagining a woman locking herself in her room and putting on a suit and tie and being afraid of getting caught.

Weirdly, I've done that. My folks still think of me as a girly girl (bleagh) and get upset when I wear guy clothes too many days in a row. Hence locking the washroom door and making sure mein mutter doesn't find my really nice stuff. :straightface:

ZenFrost
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM

But that's just it, girls do get guff for wearing mens clothes. Pants are fine, as long as they're girl's pants. As soon as we start wearing mens clothes and trying to present as men it becomes a problem. A woman in a man's dress shirt and pants is as much of a no-no as a man in a skirt is. Yes, I could get away with wearing pants without anyone even batting an eye, but when I'm wearing men's pants, a man's shirt, and a tie, suddenly that gives people the right to treat me like ****. And when I was younger, I did lock myself in my room to try on my dad's clothes and I was afraid of getting caught.

Amy
08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Huh, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me, Zenfrost and Gutherie. Like I said I really didn't know. I can see your point though. I guess it's one thing to be kind of Tomboyish and quite an other to try to appear as a boy.

bi_weird
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Never really purged, but when I was first figuring things out sometimes I wanted to. It was all really complicated and scary, and I was sure I'd be labelled a freak by everyone, so there were times I'd put it all away back in my closet and tell myself not to think about it anymore.
Didn't work though, and I'm a lot more confident now.