PDA

View Full Version : Is September the start of the CD season?

Tina Dixon
08-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Got thinking, I know no jokes OK:mad:, September is all most here and I think it's the start of the CD season, it starts to cool down so we can wear our wigs, less to do out in the yard, for some the kids are back in school, for me the wife starts bowling on Tuesdays so it gives me three hours a week to have a bit of fun if I choose, so what do the rest of you think?

And I added a little poll for you to answer:D

Wendy me
08-28-2007, 06:12 AM
lol we are split 50/50 .... lol i think i know how you voted.... lol.... i never thought of a CD season.......

VERONICARH
08-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Cooler weather can wear long sleeves to cover farmer tan and so is back to teaching and can dress for awhile after she leaves.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-28-2007, 06:23 AM
every day!!!!!

and while I may not be a 'real' woman I am certainly a 'good' one.

MsCorrinne
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I dress year round but September bring the kids back into school, so that gives me more time in the day to dress the way I like (****ty). The cooler weather makes wearing stockings more enjoyable. Bring on September!!

traceyanne
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
for me every day is dressing day to some degree whether its just panties or the whole outfit, but i like the cooler times as it means i can wear tights more often and jumpers and jackets mean i can wear my bras without showing.

Mary Morgan
08-28-2007, 06:41 AM
No, but it is the beginning of cooler weather and less chance my make-up will be ruined by perspiration.

Karren H
08-28-2007, 07:13 AM
I wish...

Karren

Cara Allen
08-28-2007, 07:44 AM
In transgender groups, September is indeed, the start of the Transgender season! Attendance through the summer months is down because people can't shave their legs, chest, etc. Attendance would be twice the summer attendance in the fall and winter.

Lilith Moon
08-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Yes, for the same reasons that others have noted, the wigs and makeup etc. Also, I happen to like wearing coats and outerwear. They look good and I can blend in better than if I try to wear thin summery dresses.

Carla4Guage
08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't know about others, but I do know that in the deep South it gets Sooo hot that to dress, especially with a wig in the summertime is difficult to say the least. I do look forward to cooler weather and the ability to dress without feeling like your going to melt.

june58
08-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I agree. I don't dress as much during the summer because it is to hot and am outside more. In Sept it starts to get cooler and not as much activity outside, people go back to work, it gets dark earlier. Less chance to be noticed.

sissystephanie
08-28-2007, 08:34 AM
No!! I CD when I feel like it! Different outfits for different weather. I love summer because I can wear skimpy tops, short skirts or skorts, and nice sandals to show off my pretty toes!:love:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

BarbaraTalbot
08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
it isn't going to cool down until at least october, maybe November.

Gisele
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I also like the cooler temps. It gives me better odds on passing due to the longer sleves and turttle necks. Having a huge addams apple and wearing a strappy lowcut top is a bad idea.

I shave year round so that is not a problem for me. I just wished that my neck looked more fem.

JoAnnDallas
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I did not know we had a season. I always thought that crossdressing was a year round thing.

Darlene-VA
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
All the time for me in all of the seasons

Jodie Wexler
08-28-2007, 10:19 AM
For me the answer is yes. I can start shaving my legs again, the kid is back in school and my work travel picks up. However I got a jump on things last weekend and went away for two nights for dressing and photos.

Katie T
08-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree with Tracyanne...the cooler weather lets me ware my fem clothing under my drab.......can't wait for the snow !!!

Rachell
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
I like summer because I love to dress sexy, Skimpy tops, summer dresses are the best, although I don,t shave till Sept, I still like summer because I like to look HOT.
R.

Christine XX
08-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I think at least October, possibly November. I don't like to switch to long pants and long sleeve shirts any sooner than I have too.

-Christine

S. Lisa Smith
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately it's still too hot! Mid October if I'm lucky. It's just too hot for me here in Tidewater Virginia.

Emma England
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I prefer the summer.

Hotter weather means camis and short skirts, as well as smooth legs.

I guess cooler weather is good for closeted cd's who underdress.

Linda C
08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
I think so - because this damn wig is HOT!

Annaliese
08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Got thinking, I know no jokes OK:mad:, September is all most here and I think it's the start of the CD season, it starts to cool down so we can wear our wigs, less to do out in the yard, for some the kids are back in school, for me the wife starts bowling on Tuesdays so it gives me three hours a week to have a bit of fun if I choose, so what do the rest of you think?

And I added a little poll for you to answer:D

Year round for me.

switcheralso
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Time for a nice black dress and pearls.

Ruth
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
It's a year round thing for me. In the cooler weather I get to wear slips and nylon pantihose, but then in the summer I have sheer thin dresses and smooth shaved legs.

natasha
08-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Anytime I get the chance. No particular time of year, except I do like to call in "sick" once in a while after the kids go to school to spend the entire day dressed. In fact I feel a sniffle coming on that should be full blown by next Wednesday:D

Jocelyn Quivers
08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I voted yes. Even though I dress year round. Cooler weather means no sweating and ruining my make up, long sleeve shirts, and tights. Jocelyn

vikki2020
08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I agree. The fall weather is perfect, as I need to wear long sleeves if I go out.I've had Sept. 21 circled for 2 months now, first time out since May.Can't Wait!!

Suzie S.
08-29-2007, 05:01 AM
It's year round for me also, but definitely more frequently in the winter. September is still a busy month for me. I'm in no hurry to see summer end though, I hate winter for every other reason except cding more. :heehee:

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-29-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm giving this a lot of thought...

no. I don't own any puffy girls jackets or Ugg boots so this is the season CDing gets more difficult in Alaska, at least for me.

If I did, still no because I can't shave my arms during the winter. Sounds backwards but I actually lose a lot of body heat by shaving and I need every bit out here, even inside. Doesn't mean I don't shave, just depends on whether I want to be comfortable while I'm suffering, or suffer while I'm trying to be comfortable.

Delia1
08-29-2007, 05:21 AM
All year round is the cd season for me, with my wifes approval.
All September means, is its time to start looking at warmer tops and blouses and wearing stockings less, and pantyhose more,
Delia

KimberlyS
08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Tina, I use to think I could only CD out when there were cooler temperatures and I am sure my wife wishes I still thought that way. But since going to Vegas in 100 degree plus temps and getting some cooler long sleeve tops, it is easier to CD in warmer temperatures. Yes it is still easier wig wise in cooler temps, but it can be done when warmer.

Charleen
08-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Year round for me.

kay_jessica
08-29-2007, 05:23 PM
There are no seasons for dressing. Some will dress all year regardless of the weather. For me, I guess I've been out as much in the summer as I do in winter. Must admit its nice feeling to have a loose summer dress wafting over bear legs. True when its warm the make up is a pain but when i'm at home I don't bother now i just dress and enjoy.

SusanMarie
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
The opportunity to dress is 24/7/365.
However, it is time to shop for a new fall wardrobe.

Oops...shopping is also 24/7/365.:D

tinadcd
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
No, but it is the beginning of cooler weather and less chance my make-up will be ruined by perspiration.

I agree. No "season" for me, it just is easier to dress as I like when the weather is cooler; boots, gloves, stockings, full wigs.

Sharon
08-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Ooooh, time to buy some new sweaters!! :happy:

Sigh..., but that means no more camis and shorts. :sad:

Rachel Morley
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I voted no because (for me) I gotta be honest and say that the time of year is irrelevant to me. I dress just as much in the heat of summer as any other season of the year. And, yes, that means hip padding, forms wig cap and my long wig in 100 degrees here in Sacramento :eek:

I try to stay indoors in air conditioned places .... like malls! Yeah, a great reason to shop ... to stop my makeup melting! :devil:

Glenda58
08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
No I've been CDing all summer now I will have to put away all my short skirts, tank tops, Bikinis and my 3" sandles. I CD 24/7 /365. But with the cooler weather I can start wearing hose again and longer wigs and classy 3" pumps

Genevera
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
We had some days here with the temperature nearing 110 Unfortunately for me I'm self basting and my makeup would just run off of me, My tender timer dun popped on a daily basis for most of the summer, so make up and wigs were out of the question but I could still wear skirts and blouses around the house whenever possible.

lmildcd
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Year round for me. I live alone and can dress whenever I want. I guess the seasons mean nothing to me since I only dress indoors and still only have a tiny wardrobe.

L

Butterfly Bill
08-29-2007, 09:21 PM
It's the start of the time when I start wearing clothes again inside my house, but I still wear my breezy rayons outside in the summertime.

Tina Dixon
08-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Seems like the people that have replied to this thread believe there is no start to a CD season, but looking at the poll it self, it seems to implies that there very well may be, interesting.

susie evans
08-30-2007, 12:10 PM
:TINA
for me the season never ends ........:heehee:

susie

Stephanie Blue
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I certainly hope so. New to this scene and am looking for any and all advise. Stephanie B

Val702
08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
It's when all the best gear hits the shelves!

Billie Jean
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM

And I added a little poll for you to answer:DI hope there is no bag limit because I look like an old bag when dressed. :heehee: Billie Jean

CDBarbie
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Not for all of us. Still too hot here in Ky. Can,t wait for fall, what with being able to shave my legs and all. Although, it is the begaining of the summer clothing clearance season. More shopping, What luck.

MsEva
08-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately it's still too hot! Mid October if I'm lucky. It's just too hot for me here in Tidewater Virginia.

As another Tidewater girl I would have to agree. All I can say is thank God for AC and ceiling fans. I would melt away if not for them. I think Sept. down here allows me to start thinking about fall fashions, darker colors, new boots, sweaters and dresses.

audrey-lynn
08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
i must agree. Sept. is for sure the start. I dress in some form most every-day. But as the cooler weather starts there are more things we can wear.

Sinthia
08-30-2007, 07:56 PM
No!!! October is. CD Year starts with Halloween and ends the end of September.

Keely
08-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Another vote for the yes column. Although I do it year-round I look forward to smooth legs again. Towards the end of September or early October.

michellebesweet
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't believe it is a seasonal event, it is a way of life.

jenniferj
08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't think of it as a start, but rather as the start of a change. We have had a gorgeous week here in New England, and I spent several hours each day in a swimsuit floating on a chair/raft in the pool working on a tan. There is something really special about the look of your skin in the sun, particularily when framed by a swimsuit. And by wearing a different suit each day, I am not leaving any sharply defined tanlines. And there are sundresses and shorts and halter tops and camisoles and ... I don't want summer to end yet.

One thing I have learned this year is to go bare-legged whenever possible. The real girls have that one right - it's much more comfortable on a hot sticky day and I just feel lighter and less constrained.

But there are also fluffy sweaters and jeans and boots and leather - and knit dresses and wool slacks, and darker nail polish- and mittens and earmuffs. I almost can't wait.

Life is good, whenever.

jj

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
I kind of responded based on what I thought, not what I do. I also express year 'round.

But, I know from experience that many CD's only dress in the fall/winter.

LaurenS.
09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree with Jennefer, Sept. allows for change. Dressing is year round but the cooler weather allows me to rid my body of all that hair and feel so much more feminine.

PaulaMea
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I agree with Jennefer, Sept. allows for change. Dressing is year round but the cooler weather allows me to rid my body of all that hair and feel so much more feminine.

Same here. fall = shaving my legs

Chloe Jean
09-03-2007, 04:13 AM
For me it is! Now that the cooler weather is coming i can get my legs waxed.
Hairy legs UGH!.
Hugs
Amelia

Lanore
09-03-2007, 06:14 AM
For me it's going to be cooler. That's the only change and I love my winter cloths.

Lanore

SweetCaroline
09-03-2007, 06:33 AM
End of it for me. I'm a student, so I go back to school. I don't wear a wig or a lot of make-up so heat is not a factor. Plus I adore mini-skirts and sleeveless tops, bright colors, spring/summer prints. So for me, yeah, it's pretty much over at least as far as going out every week. *SNIFF* :(

Billie1
09-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Voted no, but it is the start of a new CD'ing season.

Just LOVE:dance: those slightly-tight sweaters!

tammiecgirl
09-03-2007, 07:03 AM
"Yes" September is the month I was Born and when I was born CDing became rampid. "Just kidding" I just do it every chance I get no matter what the season.
Tammie

Sam-antha
09-03-2007, 05:11 PM
For me, in the country-------NO. Besides, I like my short skirts, not that means anything, given the chance to be in a city/town if my Auld Reekie pics are anything to go by.

Bernadina
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Don't think there is a season. Just different clothes.

Dixie
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
For me crossdresser isn't a season it is a year long festivity!:drink:

Roxi Loh
09-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I never knew there was a season...for me it is any time I get the chance. However, it makes sense. I am all for it...

Becca
09-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Although I also dress year-round, I voted Yes because I much prefer the Fall fashions. Don't have any idea why, just always have. It's also cooler, and that means I can wear more of the things that I really enjoy and not perspire. :straightface:

trannie T
09-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Does this mean that dove hunting and crossdressing seasons start on the same day?

Tina Dixon
09-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I STARTED COSSDRESSING IN THE 70'S ..MY FIRST WIFE WAS UNDERSTANDING,BUT LEERY,,MY SECOND WIFE ,SHE SORT OF EXCETED IT ,FOR I TRULY THINK SHE WAS A CLOSETTED LESBIAN..... MY THIRD I HAVE TOLD HER BUT SHE SEEMS TO SORT OF BRUSH IT OFF.....NOT THAT I HAD NOT OR DO'NT LOVE THESE WOMEN IN MY LIFE ,BUT THE NEED TO CD IS ALWAYS THERE AND I AM NOT ASHAME IT ,I TRULY LOVE THE CD WORLD AND WOULD NOT EVER DENY THAT FACT THAT I AM . I FEEL SORT OF BI SEXUAL IN A WAY I CAN NOT SEEM TO COME TO TERMS WITH ...IS THIS A NORMAL FEELING AS A CD ?? IS IT FREAKISH ?? I PERSONALLY DO NOT THINK SO ...I LOVE MAKING LOVE AND FEELING LOVE IN ANY CAPACITY... WHATS YOUR OPINION ,,I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU ...THANKS RONA :love:So is September the start of the CD season?

Jamie001
09-13-2007, 10:13 PM
September is *NOT* the start of CD Season. All year is CD Season.

Jennaie
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I opened this thread and it said,"you have already voted on this poll". I have never voted on this poll. Who stole my vote? LOL This poll has been tampered with. I demand a recount.

windycissy
09-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Before I started shaving down, I couldn't wait till September when I could start wearing skirts with tights, but now I love the warm weather and sundresses, skirtinis and summery skirts...although I still get a thrill out of fall fashions and it will feel nice to put a wool skirt and nylons again.