PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity role models (FTM Only)

Kieron Andrew
08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Ello boys :D

We had a thread on whether male or female role models were more prevalent in our lives than the other, what i wanna know is when you were growing up or when you discovered your male self for those discovering later in life, did you have any male celebrity role models that you aspired to, or inspired you in some shape or form? or do you now?...I hope i worded this correctly....im rambling today

brylram
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, the quick answer I can give right now, without thinking very hard, is that I played guitar from grade 2 on to a year or two ago... and James Hetfield and Zakk Wylde were two guys I really liked, not just for their playing styles, but their personalities as well. To give a better answer, or to say more names, I'd have to think for a while though... cause once things pass I kinda forget about them.

Taylor105
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Not really. But then again, I never really thought about it before. I really like Leo Dicapprio. I think he is really cool. He would be the guy I would love to most emulate.

brylram
08-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Ech, that Dicapprio guy has always gotten on my nerves. :p

Xaff
08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Owen Wilson
Elizabeth Swann (movie character)
Steven Seagal

Martial art actors for the most.

CaptLex
08-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Owen Wilson
Elizabeth Swann (movie character)
Steven Seagal

Martial art actors for the most.
Interesting, Xaff . . . somehow it seems that Owen Wilson doesn't belong in that list, but he's not a bad choice.

Looks-wise, I'd love to look like him . . .

52678 :daydreaming:

But personality-wise, I want to be just like . . .

52679 :koc:

Though I wouldn't mind looking like him too. :love:

Cai
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Jackie Chan, definitely. I wanted to be him for a long time.

Eddie Izzard, ever since I first heard of him a couple years ago. That was actually one of my first trans clues - I was jealous of him crossdressing, but couldn't figure out why. If I wanted to get all dressed up in girly clothes, I could do that, but that wasn't it. Figuring out what the reasons for the jealousy were was a big step in figuring myself out.

Lynn Cox, the channel swimmer. I always liked that she was bigger than other women and still did amazing things athletically.

Lance Armstrong.

Mia Hamm

Hmmm, for someone that doesn't like sports, I sure have a lot of sports heros!

DanielMacBride
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, when I was growing up it was probably Ace Frehley, Clint Eastwood and Chuck Norris :D

Now, I'd say John Butler, Bono, Anthony Hopkins, and of course Johnny Depp ;)

Daniel

ZenFrost
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Not really. I tend not to pay any attention to celebrities and I prefer to just be myself and not aspire to be like someone else.

Adam
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
nobody laugh but i always thought myself like tarzan :heehee: when i was a small kid that is

CaptLex
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
nobody laugh but i always thought myself like tarzan :heehee: when i was a small kid that is
Well, Tarzan is a hunk . . . what a bod! :thumbsup:

mistunderstood
08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok I know you said male but I look at Rupal as a role model. She is out there and sturuting her stuff. She is A MTF but I love her attitute and when I have seen her as a guy he was really humble as a person.

Ryan
08-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Awwww the guys that like martial arts, no one mention Mr Lee :( Bruce Lee always had me hooked when I was a kid......I so wanted to be like him..I used to fly around the house like a loon after watching any of his films, practicing my 'martial arts', lol! Mind my poor sis didn't like it much!

Hurm....I hate to say this aswel, but when I used to watch the WWF as it was then, apart from the Hulk, I used to lurve the Ultimate Warrior! :O I so wanted to have muscles like that, and to have the energy he had! How sad.....! Hehe

happyfish
08-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't really have a lot of role models. Though as a kid I wanted to be like Spider-man.

Abraxas
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm a big role-modely type person. Always aspiring to be like someone (okay yeah, so I've been known to carry it a tad too far sometimes)...
My list is as follows:

Age 3-11-- Michael Jackson
Age 11-13-- John Travolta
Age 14-15-- Mike Myers
Age 15-18-- Brian May
Age 17--20 Eddie Izzard
Age 20 and on-- Hugh Laurie

I tend to be really obsessive over one person at a time. Doesn't mean that I don't still look up to all these guys in one way or another-- I owe huge credit to Izzard for allowing me to see who I really am, and to Brian May for a lot of my musical inspiration-- I'm just not as nuts over them as I once was. Just, I'm one-track-minded, so that's how I operate.

Taylor105
08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, I really am not all that keen on Leo as a person. I just wouldn't mind looking like him. Then there is Brad Pitt and Matt Damon. I would love to look like those guys. As far as martial artists goes I don't know why I don't look to them as role models considering that I am a martial artist. I loved watching the movies before I actually started my training but now that I know what true martial arts look like and how they work I can't watch those movies anymore. They are so unrealistic.

Cai
08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
That's why I'm a big fan of Jackie Chan. I know his stuff is still unrealistic, but because he does his own stunts it's better. I know the physical motions he's making are possible. Him fighting off the guy with the gun and coming out okay, not so much, but the actual fight is cool.

Taylor105
08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
That's why I'm a big fan of Jackie Chan. I know his stuff is still unrealistic, but because he does his own stunts it's better. I know the physical motions he's making are possible. Him fighting off the guy with the gun and coming out okay, not so much, but the actual fight is cool.

I think Jackie Chan would be an exception to my rule. Mainly because I love to watch all the crazy stunts he can pull off. But overall I hate martial arts movies!!