PDA

View Full Version : Look Out Thailand, Here I Come!

GypsyKaren
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
We're pulling the plug on building the house for this year, and we're going to Thailand as scheduled for my GRS...October 27th in Bangkok with Dr. Chettawut. I've waited my entire life for this, and I'm not going to let it slip away, I just can't allow it. I'm booking our flights tonight, 22 hours to get there, I gotta get an iPod for sure.

This will financially destroy me, I don't care. This will affect others around me, I don't care. I've been on this road my entire life, and I gotta see it through, I gotta see what's over that hill. Kat's coming with me to hold my hand, I could never do this without her beside me, she's simply the very best there is and I don't deserve her, I'm one lucky girl.

And yes, I'm just a wee bit scared.

Karen Starlene

Kieron Andrew
08-28-2007, 07:26 PM
We're pulling the plug on building the house for this year, and we're going to Thailand as scheduled for my GRS...October 27th in Bangkok with Dr. Chettawut. I've waited my entire life for this, and I'm not going to let it slip away, I just can't allow it. I'm booking our flights tonight, 22 hours to get there, I gotta get an iPod for sure.

This will financially destroy me, I don't care. This will affect others around me, I don't care. I've been on this road my entire life, and I gotta see it through, I gotta see what's over that hill. Kat's coming with me to hold my hand, I could never do this without her beside me, she's simply the very best there is and I don't deserve her, I'm one lucky girl.

And yes, I'm just a wee bit scared.

Karen Starlenewoohoo!! good for you girl!!, will be thinking of you, if you have a laptop take it with you so Kat can give us up dates :D....all the best :D

love to you both xx

Priscilla1018
08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
All right Karen! Best wishes :hugs:

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Good luck! The real adventure starts..................................... now.

janelle
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Good luck sweetie, you both will be in my prayers. Hope to hear the whole story when you get back.
:hugs::love::love:,
Janelle

JamesAlan
08-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Good luck to you. Hope everything goes well. You both will be in my prayers. Looking forward to hearing about the trip when you get back.

Wendi {LI NY}
08-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Karen ,
That is awesome ,Hon . the best of luck and safe journey. I will have a :drink: for you . Dont worry things seem the work out for the best too!
hugs ,Wendi

Di
08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
As bad as the house stuff delays and such...it was meant to be...... Your date in Oct. was meant to happen....everything happens for a reason...this is your destiny..........so very happy for you both:hugs: Love ya both Di:love:

Kimberley
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
You know my thoughts and prayers will be with you for the surgery and recovery.

(Forget the MP3 player... Neil on CD's sounds much better.):tongueout Oh, and I gave that CD of Massey Hall to my cuzn who was there. Blowed away he was.... Now I have to go buy another one.

:hugs::love:
Kimberley

Sarah Smile
08-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Good luck, Karen! I wish you all the best. :happy:

loriannetucson
08-29-2007, 12:43 AM
What a blessing and good news! I am filled with joy of your news that you're taking that wonderful step!

How exciting! Yes, you NEED an IPOD for that long of a trip!
I bet you won't even be listening to it because you'll be so excited!

Way to go, girl. I'm truly happy for you.
Lori Anne

JennMW
08-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm so happy for you Karen!

I'll be praying for your rapid and safe recovery!

Hermione Simpson
08-29-2007, 02:54 AM
good luck karen for october, even though it's still 2 months away, the time will (hopefully) fly by, and don't forget to tell kat to keep us updated if you've got a laptop

RachelDenise
08-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Mu thoughts and prayers are with you and Kat. Good luck and let us know how you are once you get back!

Nicole
08-29-2007, 05:44 AM
*hugs* to you Karen and best wishes. You are in good hands with Dr. C. Lots of experience and many many success stories! :)

marie rose
08-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Congratulations Karen and good for you gurl. I do believe I'm envious.

DonnaT
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Good luck Karen.

Forget the iPod alone. Mine didn't hold a charge from here to Texas. However, there are portable DVD players that also play CDs and iPods. One can get extra batteries for these players.

Holly
08-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey Karen, way to turn lemons (not being able to complete the house) into lemonade (being able to complete YOU). iPod, ischmod... you'll be whistling a happy tune all the way there!

MoonBaby GG
08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Sending you (and your honey) out some good vibes and best wishes on the journey ahead.

Sharon
08-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Very cool, Karen -- congratulations!! :hugs:

I bet the next two months will be the longest months of your life. :p

Maggie Kay
08-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Awesome news, Karen. Wishing the best for you.

Sarahgurl371
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Karen
Congratulations on scheduling your surgery, and good luck to you. Yes, you are the luckiest girl in the world to have Kat.

Julie York
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Congratulations....I think.:eek:

But please put my mind at rest about this Bangkok business.
Is it safe? What about after care? You can hardly just nip back for a quick retake if you need something redoing. Do you know this guy knows what he is doing? Are you sure that's the best way to do this?

I'm not being a killjoy for the fun of it. Having it done in a foreign country sounds genuinely scarey to me.

Kieron Andrew
08-29-2007, 02:53 PM

Is it safe? What about after care? You can hardly just nip back for a quick retake if you need something redoing. Do you know this guy knows what he is doing? Are you sure that's the best way to do this?

I'm not being a killjoy for the fun of it. Having it done in a foreign country sounds genuinely scarey to me.Julie, Thailand surgeons are renowned to be the best in the world, i know many girls who have chosen to go with Dr Chettawut as a surgeon, his aftercare is second to none, she wont even be allowed out of bed until he is sure things are ok....quite often ive heard that if girls needing revisions, he does them for free if thats the case, although it doesnt happen with everyone....The thai's are a humble proud race she will be just fine out there...and will receive the best care possible

GypsyKaren
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm not being a killjoy for the fun of it. Having it done in a foreign country sounds genuinely scarey to me.

He's considered to be one of the best in the world, plus Kat will keep a 12 gauge on him the entire time. As far as safety goes, I'll be happy as long as I can find a craps game somewhere, I'll only pick a clean and well lit alley for sure.

I just booked our flights...ouch! Thank you all so very much for your kind words, I know that I'll be looking to all of you for support as we go through this, the journey of my life!

I am so friggin' happy!

Karen Starlene

Sandra
08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Karen this is good news, I'm so pleased for you :hugs:

Lissa Stevens
08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Great. I am so very happy for. You will finally be complete. You will be in my prayers.

BarbaraTalbot
08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
sounds like a big, kinda scary adventure. I would imagine afterwards you in no condition to sight see, are you able to do a little before,or would you be too anxious and nervous waiting around? GRS aside, Thailand always looked interesting to me, and the food...eh, might be my diet talking.

I wish the best and a speedy recovery in the new you. His skill as a surgeon has to be somewhat do to the practice he gets. It is a shame that in our country there are such hurdles. Want to abort abort a baby who has no say in the matter, no problem, it is your body...want as an adult to change your own body, well, slow down sister, we have to make sure you aren't making a big mistake. combine that with malpractice cost associated with lawsuits, high drug costs...I can easily see why Thailand makes sense.

I am sorry you have to travel around the world to be you, but glad you are able to do it despite the obstacles.

Julie York
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
He's considered to be one of the best in the world, plus Kat will keep a 12 gauge on him the entire time. As far as safety goes, I'll be happy as long as I can find a craps game somewhere, I'll only pick a clean and well lit alley for sure.

I just booked our flights...ouch! Thank you all so very much for your kind words, I know that I'll be looking to all of you for support as we go through this, the journey of my life!

I am so friggin' happy!

Karen Starlene

Ok well I wish you the very best then.:thumbsup:

carie
08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
ahaa . his clinic is just 5 hours drive from my place . :p

anyway, GOOD LUCK !

Kieron Andrew
08-29-2007, 04:20 PM
ahaa . his clinic is just 5 hours drive from my place . :p

anyway, GOOD LUCK !
lol, so you know about Seacon Mall and the tigers then :D...i was looking for links for when Karen feels up to it at the end of her trip, if not Kat can go anyway lol....Karen is gonna kill me for saying that last bit lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seacon_Square

carie
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah . i did go there once . havent go to thailand for more 6 months now . since the bombing ..to speak the truth, theres still bombing activity there. not just bangkok . everywhere. bangkok and chiangmai are their favourite spot . lots of tourist .

p/s: sorry for the Off-Topic ..Kieron Andrew started it ! :p

Kieron Andrew
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
yeah . i did go there once . havent go to thailand for more 6 months now . since the bombing ..to speak the truth, theres still bombing activity there. not just bangkok . everywhere. bangkok and chiangmai are their favourite spot . lots of tourist .

p/s: sorry for the Off-Topic ..Kieron Andrew started it ! :p
lol yeah that was off topic, i was looking for links actually on topic for the local area! :p so when Chett gets her back on her feet she wont feel bored

Siobhan Marie
08-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh Karen, I'm just so pleased for you honey, I can't even begin to tell you. Going to Thailand does indeed sound scary but I know from that link that you let me have that you're in good hands.

(goes over to Karen and gives her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek)

lots of :love: and :hugs: to you and to Kat

Siobhán x

gretafemme
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I wish you the best, and I believe that things will go well for you. Godspeed to you both! I hope to follow you there one day myself. Blessings, Greta:hugs:

Teresa Amina
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Very cool! And unlike some others I think it's not at all scary to go to Thailand for it, in fact it adds more excitement :thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
09-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Karen, I truely wish you and Kat all the best. Have a safe trip.:hugs::happy:

Jenna1561
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Karen, Congratulations and good luck. I've spoken with several girls who have used Dr. Chettawut and they have nothing but praise and admiration for him and Thailand.

Jenna

Michelle I
09-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Karen, Congratulations and good luck. I wish you the best, you deserve it.

Melissa

SherriePall
09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Karen -- I wish you the best in this very big next step in your journey. I do hope the next couple of months go by faster than I think they would for me. Waiting is not something I do very well. Take care.

Tamara Croft
09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
God help them all :tongueout and no eating all their cheesecake ;)

Remember, if you can get pictures of your surgery, I'd like to see them :) Good luck and I wish you all the luck in the world :hugs:

GypsyKaren
09-01-2007, 08:51 PM
God help them all :tongueout and no eating all their cheesecake

The cheesecake's mine...

Karen Starlene

Tamara Croft
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
The cheesecake's mine...

Karen StarleneYou have to share it :slap:

GypsyKaren
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
You have to share it :slap:

Over a bottle of Jack perhaps...

Karen Starlene

Tamara Croft
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Over a bottle of Jack perhaps...

Karen StarleneHow about 2 :D I think you're gonna need a few after surgery :eek:

KrazyKat
09-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Thank you, everyone for your best wishes and support, it's truly a blessing that we have such a caring community, I will feel your warmth with me every minute, when I'm trying to count out Bahts or something and wondering if I'm getting taken for a bowl of rice and coffee!!

We will be taking the laptop and I will stay in communication, I'm counting on all of you for my life line while Karen is in and out of consciousness!!

I'm seriously looking to take some kind of beginning Thai Chi classes, something for me that I can help with my personal growth. I can share, too!!

Sorry, Tamara, but I really am not one to share my Babe's beautiful new plumbing with anyone, even for science or support!! Just the way I feel!! There are many examples online, and this one will be for our personal joy only!! It's just the way I am, I was never good about sharing in that way!!

To quote "MR. T", "I pity the fool" who comes between me and my Babe`!!:p

KateSpade83
09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
$7000 for the whole trip + hotel + surgury is cheap! But what exactly is the doctor going to do to you at that price? Can you itemize it?

Like - boob job, facial surgury, tracheal shave, vagina cut, electrolysis, etc?

GypsyKaren
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
$7000 for GRS, that's all I'm having done because the rest of me is perfect :devil:

Karen Starlene

michelleliz
09-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I allways wish you good luck
Karen be safe

MichelleLiz

Di
09-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Counting down the days with you both!!!!! I will be with you in spirit.....:hugs:

Sharon
09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
$7000 for GRS, that's all I'm having done because the rest of me is perfect :devil:

Karen Starlene

Plus all the nam prik you can eat. :p

Tamara Croft
09-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Plus all the nam prik you can eat. :pWhat's nam prik?? wait... I don't wanna know :heehee:

MJ
09-09-2007, 01:39 PM
God help them all :tongueout and no eating all their cheesecake ;)

Remember, if you can get pictures of your surgery, I'd like to see them :) Good luck and I wish you all the luck in the world :hugs:
all the very best Karen , but remember i don't want to know how bad it hurts
you go girl :love:

aww when i go i have no one to hold my hand :sad: hey maybe Tamara would go with me that way she can watch ..... is that a good idea ?

GypsyKaren
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
What's nam prik?? wait... I don't wanna know :heehee:

Thai cheesecake?

Karen Starlene

Scotty
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm happy for you and anxiously awaiting to see how you feel afterwards!!! :) (I know it will be wonderful).

Keep us posted!!

Lady Angela
09-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Congrats!
Enjoy Thailand. There are so many beautiful feminine ladyboys there, both pre-op and post-op, and the handsome masculine men who love them.

I have been feminized completely, electrolysis on face, chest, facial feminization surgery, estrogen and anti-androgens, breast implants, etc.), and live, look, and act as a woman, and can easily pass as a beautiful feminine lady, and I am with a handsome masculine man, ..... except, I am pre-op, I still have my male genetalia. That is the only way I am still male, the rest of me is very female. I haven't yet decided when or if I am going to have it done.

Bobbie cd
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Karen,

Best of luck to you hon. I am sure that you and Kat will be very happy. I am sure it must be scary to think about taking that final step - no going back after that! And traveling overseas is in itself not without risk these days, so only a fool wouldn't be somewhat afraid, and I am sure that does not apply to you. Remember, courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to do what you know must be done despite fear. Have the courage to become you and the world will be at your feet. (OK, kinda sorta anyhow, LOL!)

:hugs:
Bobbie

dancinginthedark
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I wish you all the best Karen. I'll say a prayer for you both and send lots and lots of good thoughts your way. And try very hard not to worry. :blush: I know you'll be fine and that your doctor is at the top of his field.

Kat we will be there [well online and in our thoughts and hearts] to keep you company and hold your hand while you wait. The only picture I want to see is that big smile on her face when she's getting ready to board the plane home. Well, maybe a nice shot of her longeing around while recuperating with that cute little grin of hers.

dancin

`

kerrianna
09-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I wish you all the best Karen. I'll say a prayer for you both and send lots and lots of good thoughts your way. And try very hard not to worry. :blush: I know you'll be fine and that your doctor is at the top of his field.

Kat we will be there [well online and in our thoughts and hearts] to keep you company and hold your hand while you wait. The only picture I want to see is that big smile on her face when she's getting ready to board the plane home. Well, maybe a nice shot of her longeing around while recuperating with that cute little grin of hers.

dancin

`

:iagree:

Wow, the trip of a lifetime for sure! You must be so giddy. I bet Kat has to calm you down a dozen times a day and it'll only get worse the closer you get. I'm glad you have her by your side. Together I know you guys will not only get through the tough parts okay, but will treasure and savour every moment.

You know we will be thinking of you and wishing all the best for you. :hugs::love:

KarenSusan
09-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Best of luck, Karen.

KrazyKat
09-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Thanks, Mae and Kerrianna, and everyone!!

Yes, the trip of a lifetime just about sums it up!!:happy:

Looking forward to our new beginning, well, we already got a start on that a few years back, but, uh, you know what I mean!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We've decided to both use digital recorders to record our thoughts at anytime we need to let the joy or ephiphanies, or whatever come out. I hope we can find a way to share them with you in a positive and informative way.:thumbsup:

geri
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
do you guys have sex and how do you feel about that?
if you do, how does your guy " do it " and how does he feel?
does he knopw about you?
the reason i'm asking, is that's the way i'm leaning but i don't want to be considered gay. ya know?????

the best,
geri danielle

Kieron Andrew
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
does he knopw about you?
the reason i'm asking, is that's the way i'm leaning but i don't want to be considered gay. ya know?????

the best,
geri danielleuuuhhhh wow personal questions!!! :eek:

Maggie Kay
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Karen,
I'll bet that Mila and Jayna at trans-ponder.com would consider an interview or possibly excerpts of your digital diary for their podcast. They have a very nice podcast now and interview notables like yourself in the TG community.
I'll surely listen!

KrazyKat
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
does he knopw about you?

the best,
geri danielle

Geri, I don't totally understand the question, but, we have very loving, soulful, mind-warping intimacies. If you don't understand how the female human body works, I'm sure you can find many web sites that explain and give examples, or check the toy stores, they even have instructional videos.:hugs:
I'm sorry you are hung up on a label, ie gay, I rather love being "giddy and gay" all day, just like in the 1930's movies!!
but if you must know, there is no gay or lesbian when one partner is a "Kat", it's inter-species relations, Isn't it?:eek: IMHO.

I'm not trying to have fun at your expense, I just believe you are a long way from understanding what is going on in this supportive alternative lifestyle forum. Perhaps a few hundred:thumbsup: hours of reading and research could help you understand.
Thank you for your concern and support. Hoping you find your peaceful path to happiness in life!!

Kat

RobertaFermina
09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Karen,

My heart skips a beat whenever I hear someone is "taking the leap", and there you go !

I am opening up for all the Love and Healing and Peace in the Universe to come to you.

May you find all you seek, and be happily surprised by all you were not expecting !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

KrazyKat
09-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Karen,

May you find all you seek, and be happily surprised by all you were not expecting !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

That is the sweetest and inspiring sentence I've read in a long time!! Thank you so much, Roberta, we are looking forward to just that!!:hugs: Kat

GypsyKaren
09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I just want all of you to know how overwhelmed I am from your kindness, love, and support that you've given Kat and I, and I will always keep it close to my heart.

Karen Starlene

chrissyfire
09-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Dr. Chettawut board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgery, is recognized one of the best SRS surgeons who performed a set of sex reassignment surgery with experience over 1000 cases in Thai and foreign patients.

Dr. Chettawut surgical results have secured him international recognition and popularity among the transgenderred community. I personaly have been looking into this doctor to and following his results for the last 10 years and he studied with Dr Preecha who has been perfoming srs for the last 2 decades. Karen I'm so happy for you and julous at the same time I wish I would have had the money to go with you. that's all I'm lacking at this point. Money thr root of all evil is keeping me from my dream. I'm so glad that your going and you have to call me and tell me how it goes. and don't worry I'll Keeps travis and patty company while you two are gone. Travis seems happy for you too. We were talking about it friday. As for me I have noticed alot of changes in my body since the bilateral orchiectomy this past april my skin and fetures have softened alot and I'm doing well and could not be happier. I wish you guys could come to my birthday show tpnight but I know your busy getting ready for everything and Its not like you can just drive over anymore. :( I will keep you Ladies close to my heart and I hope too see you Ladies soon.
Love always Chrissy

KrazyKat
09-23-2007, 01:18 PM
:hugs:Thanks, Chrissy!! Happy things are going well for you, don't be a stranger!! Or any stranger, lol!! LOve you, try to make the show, thanks for being there for T and P!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:To you and yours!!

The Gas Man Cometh
09-24-2007, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't trust thai surgeons, but ok...

Kieron Andrew
09-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Just out of curiousity can you back up this statement as to why you wouldnt trust thai surgeons, when they are technically the best in the world at what they do? and as humans are the most humble of persons in the world

Sharon
09-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Why do you think so little of Thai surgeons? Have you done any personal research? Are you familiar with Karen's doctor? If you know something that Karen may be unaware of, even though she has done endless research and interviews, you would be providing a service by giving some actual information for your opinion.

Anyway -- I'm sure Karen appreciates your good wishes.

The Gas Man Cometh
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Why do you think so little of Thai surgeons? Have you done any personal research? Are you familiar with Karen's doctor? If you know something that Karen may be unaware of, even though she has done endless research and interviews, you would be providing a service by giving some actual information for your opinion.

Anyway -- I'm sure Karen appreciates your good wishes.

I've just seen 1 too many dodgy looking places in Thailand. That's all.

SirTrey
10-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Kat and Karen....All My best wishes to you both....Karen, I am so excited for you and will be thinking of you and sending good energy your way....Kat, you are an amazing lady and one hell of a partner and Karen is very lucky to have your support....Keep us posted....**Trey**

Joanna 73
10-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Good for you, Karen. All best wishes for a quick and easy recovery.
Joanna

TerryTerri
10-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Hey GypsyKaren,
Just a quick note to say I wishing you all the best in your upcoming journey. I already have your day marked on my calender and I will be sending you good thoughts and prayers.

Terry!

Laurie Ann
10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Karen,

I wish you all the best. I will pray for you to have a speedy recovery.
All the best

Barb Valentine
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Karen that's great news
I just wish you all the best and a speedy recovery