PDA

View Full Version : Dress Barn Shopping Experience

juliek
08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
LONG POST......

I had a great time at the Dress Barn in Aurora, Colorado today. Finished up a little early from work and heading over there see what kind of dresses they had on clearance.

There were several lady customers in the store and three Sales Assistants. I started looking at tops, and skirts and dresses and did like the girls did. Looked at everything, pulled them off the racks, placed them against me, all en drab.

After about 30 minutes of looking I grab three skirts and two tops and headed for an SA. I asked if she could let me in a dressing room and one of the customers looked up, and then looked away.

I tried on the five items and was thrilled to see that I had dropped a dress size. Everything was two big. Woo Hoo!! :happy:

So when I came out of the dressing room, the SA asked how it went and I said I was glad to see they were all two big. So I headed back to the rack and grabbed a smaller dress and a skirt.

Now there were five SAs hanging out at the cashier station as it was obviously shift change.

A very cute SA about mid-thirties asked if I was finding everything okay and I asked her in front of all of the ladies, including two customers if I could get a dressing room. The SA asked a tall 20-something beauty if she would get me a dressing room.

As the SA lead me to the dressing room, she grabbed the dress from me and said I was going to love this dress. She had one just like it and wore it out this weekend and had a grand time. I told her it won't look near as good on me as it did on her. She said it will look great, just you wait and see.

So, I tried it on and she was right. I loved it. After looking around and around in the mirror, I heard the SA outside the door. She asked what I thought. I told her she was right. She asked if she could see. I told her I needed to put a corset on for it to fight they way I wanted. She said that's okay, I can imagine how it will look when you are finished, let me see! so I opened the door and showed her. She told me I needed to have that dress.

So as I was checking out, she asked my phone number (for the sales order) and I gave it to her. Then she asked if I was going to wear the dress out tonight, and I told her not tonight but later I would. She told me to come back and let her know if everybody thought it was awesome. I told her I would bring pictures. One of the other SAs said she wanted to see them also.

So, sorry for the long post, but I still can't believe the great experience I had today. I can hardly wait to go back.

Julie

ronni
08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I just love the DressBarn, Julie Kay, it's too bad they don't have a "crossdressbarn" yet, I'd be there

phyllis47
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
LONG POST......

I had a great time at the Dress Barn in Aurora, Colorado today. Finished up a little early from work and heading over there see what kind of dresses they had on clearance.

There were several lady customers in the store and three Sales Assistants. I started looking at tops, and skirts and dresses and did like the girls did. Looked at everything, pulled them off the racks, placed them against me, all en drab.

After about 30 minutes of looking I grab three skirts and two tops and headed for an SA. I asked if she could let me in a dressing room and one of the customers looked up, and then looked away.

I tried on the five items and was thrilled to see that I had dropped a dress size. Everything was two big. Woo Hoo!! :happy:

So when I came out of the dressing room, the SA asked how it went and I said I was glad to see they were all two big. So I headed back to the rack and grabbed a smaller dress and a skirt.

Now there were five SAs hanging out at the cashier station as it was obviously shift change.

A very cute SA about mid-thirties asked if I was finding everything okay and I asked her in front of all of the ladies, including two customers if I could get a dressing room. The SA asked a tall 20-something beauty if she would get me a dressing room.

As the SA lead me to the dressing room, she grabbed the dress from me and said I was going to love this dress. She had one just like it and wore it out this weekend and had a grand time. I told her it won't look near as good on me as it did on her. She said it will look great, just you wait and see.

So, I tried it on and she was right. I loved it. After looking around and around in the mirror, I heard the SA outside the door. She asked what I thought. I told her she was right. She asked if she could see. I told her I needed to put a corset on for it to fight they way I wanted. She said that's okay, I can imagine how it will look when you are finished, let me see! so I opened the door and showed her. She told me I needed to have that dress.

So as I was checking out, she asked my phone number (for the sales order) and I gave it to her. Then she asked if I was going to wear the dress out tonight, and I told her not tonight but later I would. She told me to come back and let her know if everybody thought it was awesome. I told her I would bring pictures. One of the other SAs said she wanted to see them also.

So, sorry for the long post, but I still can't believe the great experience I had today. I can hardly wait to go back.

Julie

I THINK IT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU.... I CAN ONLY DREAM

Alice B
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM
That is a great experience and confidence builder. I just discovered that we have a Dress Barn in the San Diego area. Guess I'll have to give it a try.:hugs:

Mary Morgan
08-28-2007, 09:45 PM
They were right. It looks veryu nice. Hooray for ther Dress Barn. What kind of a name is that anyway?

raleighbelle
08-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow! What an incredible experience! That provides some motivation for some of the rest of us!

Katrina
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I've shopped at Dressbarn a few times and the SAs have always been friendly to me. Nobody even raised an eyebrow when I asked to try on a dress while in drab.

Phyliss
08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
There are two Dress Barn stores in my local area. I've had very positive experiences in both of them.

Dress Barn Mission Statement: can be found here. Kinda says it all.

http://www.dressbarn.com/flashMissionStatement.jsp

RachelDenise
08-29-2007, 04:45 AM
The SA was right! It looks very cute.

jjjjohanne
08-29-2007, 05:21 AM
I have gone to dress barn for years now. The SA's are always very kind and supportive. One encouraged me to buy a skirt that is shorter than I normally would wear. I was unsure, but I loved how it looked and felt. I bought it and wore it out of the store! That helped me become bolder. Later, I wore a skirt, blouse, dark hose, shoes, but as a man to the store and shopped. No one thought anything of it. The SA even took a picture with me dressed like this. Unfortunately, the site I used to host my picture on is gone now.... :(

Dressbarn rocks!

Joe

Nicole
08-29-2007, 05:42 AM
I just love the DressBarn, Julie Kay, it's too bad they don't have a "crossdressbarn" yet, I'd be there

*snort* hahahaha!

I've had good experiences at DressBarn. Friendly staff and nice dresses for the money. :happy:

Veronica E. Scott
08-29-2007, 05:43 AM
That is a great experience and confidence builder. I just discovered that we have a Dress Barn in the San Diego area. Guess I'll have to give it a try.:hugs:

Alice, They have one at Viejas,my wife and I shop there quite often.Have bought several outfits and love that store.

Carol Elizabeth
08-29-2007, 06:42 AM
My only shopping experience at a Dress Barn was when my wife and I were getting her a new wardrobe after she lost a lot of weight.

One of the dresses she tried on was too large and had me go back to the rack and get the next size smaller. So I did and was waiting for her to re-emerge from the changing room to retreive it. A sales assistant walked up behind me and asked if I wanted to try the dress on. (I was totally in drab.)

I said, "No, this is for my wife in the changing room", so she delivered it for me.

It's the only time I was asked if I wanted to try on a dress in a store and was somewhat startled by the question.

We had a good laugh over it on the way home. (By the way, we left the store a couple of hundred dollars poorer - but my wife had the clothes she needed to start a new teaching job.)

CE

Dana921
08-29-2007, 06:58 AM
What a great experience and thanks for sharing! I am very happy for you!

:happy:
Dana

juliek
08-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the compliments, ladies. I can't wait to go out in this dress.

Julie

Carla4Guage
08-29-2007, 08:18 AM
:happy:I'm looking in the Yellow Pages now for Dress Barn. What great experiences you'all have shared. YES!! there's one here in town! Wish me luck, plastic don't fail me now!

Emma England
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
This is how all sa's should be!

If all had this attitude, they would get a lot of repeat business.

I personally am not a fan of dresses. But if you are, then sounds like you had a great time.

Make sure you go back with it on, and see what they think!

MsJanessa
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
love going to the dress barn--the only down side is the clothes are expensive but it explains the high quality of both the merchandise and the sales staff

Suzannecd
08-29-2007, 10:31 AM
That is such great post.It looks as if I will be going to the Dress Barn soon!

Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne

juliek
08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
This is how all sa's should be!

Make sure you go back with it on, and see what they think!

I will definitely plan on going in and showing the ladies my new dress on. I was thinking an evening trip close to closing time when it is slow in there.

Julie

Angie G
08-29-2007, 10:40 AM
That is great next time I'm there I'll have to try some things on :hugs:
Angie

Lissa Stevens
08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
THat is so Freaking awsome. You are way braver than me but stories like this one are helping me overcome my shyness. You rock!

Darlene-VA
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Great looking dress you have to go back and show the SA's and I have shopped at Dress Barn also a good place to spend your money

juliek
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
I think they best part was that nobody seemed to think I was out of place. Even the customers. I had a great time.

Denise01
08-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I just wish they had Dress Barns up here in Canada.

When I am in the States. I always make it a point to visit a dress barn.
While the prices may seem high to some, I have had very good results from the sales rack, and have found some real nice items at great prices.

The One Dress Barn i particularily like is the one in Hampton Va. The sales associates there are great and treat me just like any other Lady shopping.
I have had them tell me that a particular outfit does not suit me, but then we usually find something that suits me better, and the fit is always great. I am so fortunate that I am able to buy off the rack there and not have to have any alterations completed.

Can't wait till I am on vacation again, so that I can go shopping there and see what I can find:happy:

Denise

miss chloe
08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
i think i am finding one (houston tx area) and going this weekend!!

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
they were right, you look great!

cindi

Glenda58
08-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I use to love the Dress Barn near me had some great sales and SAs were very helpful. The best sale was the day they closed the store. I went back 3 times everything 80% to 90% off. fill my closet up still haven't wore everything I got.

juliek
08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks, Sexy Cindi. I feel great in it!

Dayna
08-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Julie,

I read your post yesterday and can't stop thinking about what a great experience you had at the DB.

After looking at all of the positive responses, I am now planning my own trip to the DB (in drab) to see what kind of reception I get. If this kind of service is the company 'norm', I will gladly pay a little bit more to show my appreciation--and I hope others will follow that lead, too!

Cindy N
08-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Never been there. I guess I will try them now.:happy:

kristiCD
08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Is it possible they were just messing with you and started to laugh after you left? I don't mean to be mean but if I had that experience I would wonder if they were messing with me. I buy clothes on-line or go to a fetish store or a store that caters to cross dressers.

Jodi
08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
As I stated in my prior thread on drab shopping, some stores and SA's know how to make a sale and how to maintain a customer base. Dress Barn appears to be one of those stores. Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant appear to be others. I would doubt that there were fits of laughter after a cd leaves. There might be some discussion, but the SA would be congratulated on the sale and the gaining of a new customer.

In retail, times are very tough right now. In any store, the most valuable resource you have is your customer. A smart store will cultivate any and all customers. Remember, a happy customer is a return customer.

Here I am speaking as a cd. When I receive great service, I tend to spend more money. I also want to return to that store, and return to that SA.

Remember, sales is the name of the game. We should have no fear on shopping any time for anything. They want our money, and they want us to come back.

Jodi

joann07
08-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Glad you had a nice experience.
Every time I go, the SA's treat you with courtesy and respect.
I love that place and would recommend it to anyone. :love:
They have a very nice selection of clothes and their prices and sales are very reasonable.
For those of you who haven't been there yet, it's a must.

Hugs!

juliek
08-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Jodi - thank you for sticking up for me. I think the sales team was sincere.

KristiCD - if they did laugh after I left, I am okay with that. They gave me a postive experience and I plan to shop there again. I won't give it a second thought.

Julie

Karencd37
08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Is it possible they were just messing with you and started to laugh after you left? I don't mean to be mean but if I had that experience I would wonder if they were messing with me. I buy clothes on-line or go to a fetish store or a store that caters to cross dressers.

Then you are wasting a lot of money Kristi.

TerriM
08-31-2007, 08:12 AM
I have nothing but good experiences at Dress Barn. Also I found Avenue a good store.
Yours terri

DarcyAnne
09-01-2007, 04:23 AM
I have been shopping Lane Bryant, but now I will try Dress Barn. Any other stores you all have had luck with? I'm not familiar with Avenue.

windycissy
09-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I love Dress Barn, I have 3 dresses from there, great selection and prices especially the dresses on sale, and the SA's are always nice, I'm gonna wear this sundress one more time next week if it's warm enough:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d936b3127cceb8699592b82d00000025108IatWLlw0aW

Joann0830
09-15-2007, 12:31 AM
The Ladies from my organization go once in a while and they close the place strictly for the ladies about twelve ladies. I guess they know they are going to make thei money. Joann:2c:

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I just love Dress Barn, and have never had a bad experience at the one in Naperville, Il. on rte 59. They are wonderful and only want to assist in your purchase of there products, what a novel concept! I have dropped several dollars at Dress Barn, but I mostly go en-femme and expect to be treated like a lady when I do go dressed. I have gone with my wife before and have tried on things en drab, the wife hates it since she thinks every one will follow us home and tell all our friends that I tried on a dress or something. I love the clothes they have at Dress Barn and I don't think the prices are too out of line. I do have my own credit card for them and use it often. Of course my VS card gets the most use.