PDA

View Full Version : MTF only what toys did you play with ??

Toyah
08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Egged on by someone who shall remain nameless !!!! I felt that I had to start this thread in reply to hers :D

Toyah
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I would get banned if I mentioned the most common one :devil:

Veronica Fallon
08-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Toyah, do you mean as a young boy, or as an adult gurl??
I had very few toys as a child (spent my time exploring/daydreaming in the woods), but play with lots of toys as "Veronica"!! :cheeky:

Weeeee,

Veronica

dakota_ann69
08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
If you're asking me if I played with dolls then the answer is simply yes. LOL!!

Linda C
08-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I think that I played with all boy toys - but my sister would dress me up with friends turn me into her little sister and - well - I guess at that point I became a toy.. :happy::mad::happy:

Karren H
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Trains, rockets, erector set.. Lincoln logs, trucks and shovels.. Loved to dig and still do!! Lol. Guns and bow and arrows.. Had some nice gas powered Cox planes... Plastic models of planes and tanks... Loved to tear anything and everything apart and see how it worked!! Still dooo..

No fem toys at all.. I'd rather go play in mom's lingerie drawer than some stupid Barby doll!! Still would too!! Lol

Karren

Makina
08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I suppose this thread is about girl toys I played when I was young. When I was four I asked for a crying doll for christmas. My parents bought one. The first time I heard the doll crying, I smashed her head on the wall to stop her crying.

It makes me laugh because I'm going to have a real baby. I promise I will find another way to keep her quiet :p

emma_enfemme
08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
I had an Action Man with eagle eyes!!! Mind you, my mum bought me the one with the german outfit. They were the baddies when I was 5. Does that count as playing with dollies?

carie
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
always amazed by speed. so .. fast bikes no fem toys . oh wait . my mom and niece make-up case ..:p:p:p

when i was young , i was the LEGO expert .. hahaha

Daintre
08-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Lets see, I had a mechano set, I loved building stuff, then there was my army figures, you know the small plastic guys. I had tons of matchbox trucks and cars, board games, and a game called Crow Shoot...you had 4 plastic crows on a wire and you shot them off, using a pop gun, it fired small corks.

Bonnie D
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm the eldest of 4 boys so there were no dolls or cooking toys, just boy stuff. Lots of it. Board games for rainy days, lincoln logs, those sticks you put together to construct things with (can't think of their name right now), bow and arrows, guns, toy soldiers, model planes, a castle with knights, race car set, and lots of sports equipment.

Whenever I went to a friend's house and he had a sister or sisters I would always look to see what they had. I would never touch them though in case someone thought I wanted to play with them. :heehee:

We did exchange houses with a family for a couple of weeks for a couple of summers. My mother was taking some summer university courses in another city and she found out that someone she knew needed to come to our city for the same time period.

They had a few daughters. One was around my age so on the rare times I was alone in the house I played with some of her dolls. I tried on a few of her dresses but since I was a little bigger than her they didn't fit well and so I stopped. I didn't want to tear any of them.

Bonnie

Lissa Stevens
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Tonka Toys, Legos, Tinker Toys, guns. Mostly toys I could play with by myself. I was pretty solitary.

Dixie
08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Toys with straps and batteries:heehee::heehee::drink:

karynspanties
08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
All boys toys. The closest thing to a doll was the large GI JOE. He (GI JOE) did have alot of fun with my next door neighbors Barbie:devil:...:eek: And as Karren said...moms lingerie drawer!

BarbaraTalbot
08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I got in trouble for stripping my sister's Barbies.

My primary interest tough was building things and puzzles. Tinkertoys,Legos, Lincoln Logs (I collect them now have some from original J.L.Wright before he merged),

Toys with straps and batteries:heehee::heehee::drink:
loved my erector set too! iron straps to brace the girders, battery pack to run the winch...

Loved my chemistry set, leather working tools, interestingly the only girl toy that I remember being allowed to share with my sister was her babydoll with the fake bottle that looked like the baby drank.

This was encouraged slightly because as 2nd of seven kids mom always needed an older sibling to pawn of the latest little bundle of joy, one every 2 years. I was probably changing diapers by 7, and ironing by 10, but I didn't consider the iron a toy after about the first 6 or seven loads of laundry. I was always good with babies and could get them to sleep,until the latest little rascal, who is a devout momma's girl most of the time. I think she is just sexist and dislikes my flat chest.

Hermione Simpson
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
i use to play with electronic hand-held games, although i did (and still do) have a large collection of cuddly toys, and i'm not ashamed to admit it

Maggie Kay
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I had a dozen large stuffed animals in my bed until I was a teenager. I would read comics to them at night under the covers with a flashlight. I built plastic models like the Visible Woman and Visible Head, plastic model figurines like those from the Famous Monster horror movies, later model airplanes, then balsa and tissue model airplanes. I had chemistry and biological sets, books on health and the organs of the body. I had lots of books, mainly youth oriented science mysteries like the Three Investigators or Tom Swift Jr. or Rick Brandt. I made a lot of sculptures out of river clay too. Some were female nude figures. I got into photography and built my own darkroom and mixed my own formulas for developer. I shot photos of girls in my class for them, not ****ty just nice pretty portraits. When it was time for cars and girls, I dropped everything and just hung around my GF's house and helped her shop for clothes.

Alex R
08-29-2007, 03:45 PM
action man, scaletrix, meccano, lego, arfix soldiers and la creme de la creme; subbutoe http://www.hasbro.co.uk/subbuteo/

Toyah
08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Wow thank you all for replying
Most of my things were second hand my dad made me a train set and a garage we had second hand bikes always and made dens and some stupid games

Kate Simmons
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Lots of Army guys and Space guys. There were no such things as action figures in the "stone age" when I grew up. I especially liked setting booby traps for them falling into pits, landslides, avalanches, tidal waves, fires and such to prepare them for the "real world".:happy:

Julie York
08-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Meccano, Lego, building dens, making fires, and killing my brothers (or visa versa) in any time period from stone age, gladiator, pirates, Robin Hood etc etc etc.

BTW You can tell how old someone is by what colour Mecanno they had. Green and red 50s-60s. Blue and yellow 60s-70s.

Julie York
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I especially liked setting booby traps for them falling into pits, landslides, avalanches, tidal waves, fires and such to prepare them for the "real world".:happy:

OMG I just read that and it made me laugh so much.

I think a healthy psychopathic nature is part of every childs youth. I remember creating several world disasters myself. You never know, one day, I will be watching the news, and see the whole of South America hit by a killer rabbit from Mars and think......there see!!!!!

Alex R
08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
BTW You can tell how old someone is by what colour Mecanno they had. Green and red 50s-60s. Blue and yellow 60s-70s.

if i recollect correctly mine was red and green, i think, but maybe my brain cells have gone or i'm colour blind

and btw don't forget the subbuteo; there must have been someone else who played that?:happy:

Kristen Kelly
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
The usual toys Bikes, roller skates, football, baseball, but there were more girls than boys in the neighborhood so we would have to let them play with us as we would play with them, funny looking back wouldn’t really play with the Barbie dolls but would hang with the girls while they did.

Toyah
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Meccano, Lego, building dens, making fires, and killing my brothers (or visa versa) in any time period from stone age, gladiator, pirates, Robin Hood etc etc etc.

Mine was green and red gave it to my nephew eventually

Jocelyn Quivers
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Transformers Generation 1, GI Joe, He Man, Hotwheels, Green Army Men.

Bernadina
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Hammers. I found that I could take anything apart if I hit it enough times with a hammer. The problem was that the parts were in no fit condition afterwards.

Sweet Jane
08-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I played with all the usual "boys" toys.....trucks and stuff, building sets, slot car and train sets,etc...I also did a lot of sport....rugby, hockey, tennis, golf and rode my bike alot. we lived rural, so spent summers fishing, at the beach or on the mountain.....yeah I was a typical boy, with a secret kept from all my friends. Now I am a typical man, with a secret kept from all my friends. Nothings changed really...only the cost of the toys!!!!!

LilSissyStevie
08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I got my start in crossdressing playing dolls with my sisters. One of their "rules" was that I had to dress like a girl to play dolls with them. I remember we used to have formal tea parties with Patty Play Pal as one of the guests.lol.

I also had the usual boy toys and my sisters used them sometimes too. I had lots of tonka toys and matchbox cars, erector set, bags of little plastic civil war soldiers. I kept running out of the blue ones because they would catch fire and melt whenever the rebs launched a mortar attack:devil:. I had a lot of WWII soldiers also. I got a bb gun when I was 7 and spent a lot of time alone in the woods with my dog hunting birds and squirrels. My sisters did NOT like the bb gun.

Chantelle CD
08-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Demoralized my six million dollar man doll, and Gi Joe, in the Barbi dream house, ya know..the one with the string elevator, with my sisters. was big into hand held games, electronic quarterback, to name one, built a million models, mostly air plains, and cars. Imagination was and still is my biggest toy <giggles> I wont mention whats in the toy box beside the bed te ehehe

angelfire
08-30-2007, 04:31 AM
I mostly played with transformers, although when I had a girl-friend, my parents decided to buy me a 'ken' doll so I could play with her and her barbies. I thought it was wierd, and I think I only played with it once or twice.

Marcie Sexton
08-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Like most little boys growing up in the late 50s and early 60s we played with aout toy six shooters, my Reach model, Lou Brock signature baseball glove< god wish I still had it > then as I grew older I got to play with big boy toys, Uhh, M60s, 50 cals, M16, 45 cals...

Now i play with eye liner, foundatin and blush...

Tina Dixon
08-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Action heros, opps there dolls and the little girls next door :D

Jere Oneil
08-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I played with dolls and such for several years between 5 or so and 10. No fashion dolls though, my favorites were "drink and wet baby dolls" similar to "Betsy Wetsy". I sometimes wore a dress when my cousin (girl) and I played with our dolls. That is not to say that I didn't have "boy toys" too. I had more than my share of cars, trucks and cap pistols. I just preferred my dolls.

Angie G
08-30-2007, 08:33 AM
All boy toys then I found dressing at around 12 or 13 :hugs:
Angie

Tasha T
08-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I primarily played with mego superhero action figures (ex: Batman, Spiderman, Superman, the Thing, the Hulk, Thor, etc.), Star War actions figures, a Transformer that I stole and always felt guilty about, matchbox cars, toy guns, motorcycles, etc. I read tons of comic books, collected cards (baseball, football, hockey, Elvis, Kiss, Star Wars, etc.) and spent a lot of time in the woods exploring and building forts. I played in dirt, dressed up in costumes constantly (mostly superhero and sports themed) and never had the slightest interest in girl toys or activities other than secretly desiring a Wonder Woman doll, which I would never ask for because I knew it was taboo. I guess I compensated by painting the fingernails on my Thor doll red because he looked so much like a woman.

Sugar
08-30-2007, 12:01 PM
The little green army men were my favorites. I used to put a match on them and bomb the enemy with the melted plastic...it made the coolest sound.:devil: Kinda like a trailing sizzle.

And the matches were fun too.:eek:

sugar

Sharon
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Once my dolls mysteriously disappeared at age five or so, I was given only male-oriented toys -- building blocks, lincoln logs, erector sets, miniature cars and trucks, and sports equipment of all sorts. You ever try playing house with cars playing the roles of family members? It wasn't easy, but I managed. :p

Deborah Jane
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
The usual toy cars, soldiers, guns. The only doll i had was Action Man. I used to make parachutes for him and drop him out of the upstairs window!!

Sugar
08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
The usual toy cars, soldiers, guns. The only doll i had was Action Man. I used to make parachutes for him and drop him out of the upstairs window!!

I did that with a cat. The chute didn't work but the little sucker landed on his feet. I tell ya he was pissed at me for a long, long time.

I was like 5 yrs old...cut me some slack!

sugar

DonnaT
08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I was one of 5 boys, no girls.

I played with all the usual 'boy toys', and had no desire to play with 'girl's toys'.

I was the fasted kid on two feet around for miles. Loved to run and race. Played all the sports. Was the fasted guy on the swim team. Played army all the time. Fished.

I reckon the only game I played that many may consider a girls game was jacks.

Sugar
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey DonnaT,

Jacks were cool...ya had to be quick!!

sugar

StephanieH
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Typcial boy toys, although I definitely enjoyed playing with my cousin's Barbies and I was one of those junior pervs who kept undressing them leaving them in their undies, much to her dismay. I liked 'em that way - didn't know why, but I liked it! :D

jenniferj
08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Where to start? I led a pretty deprived childhood.

Lionell trains (starter set christmas when I was 6 months old) - added to for years. Blocks, LincolnLogs, Tinkertoys, Tricycle, Pedal tractor, wagon, ErectorSet, Toy guns, Bicycles, Baseball bats and gloves and many,many balls,Plastic models (cars and airplanes), BB guns, Fishing gear, Camping gear, Balsa&Tissue airplanes, Powered airplanes, Telescope, Microscopes, Chemistry sets, Slide rules, Scratch built slot cars, Tools (mechanics, carpentry), Go-karts, and so on.

On the other hand, I have an older sister and for years I was her only close friend. (We were pretty nomadic until I was nearly a teenager) So I also played with Ginny dolls, easybake ovens, an wore lots of her clothes at her insistance when I was little. I also wore lots of her clothes (mostly without her knowledge) when I was older. Now most of her stuff is too frumpy for my tastes, even if it would fit (not even close) or I had an opportunity(not likely to happen)

I also have a younger sister nearly seven years my junior, and for a long time she was my favorite project/plaything. Those of you with gray hair may remember an old Peanuts strip where Charlie Brown is pushing his sister around the diamond in her baby carriage. "Slide, Charley Brown! Slide!". That was pretty much us for awhile. She is now a chemistry professor, but I never was able to teach her how to use a slide rule. :(
Come to think of it, her clothes are also frumpy - I'm the only girly girl in the family!

jj

CDBarbie
08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I played the usual boy games and had the usual boy toys, but I also had two sisters. And they had the usual girl toys and played the usual girl games as small kids. I did however play with the girls toys< especially the dolls. As we grew older we all three continued to play the girl games togather, including and especially "dress-up" It was then and still is my favorite game.

Joyce1702
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I had the typical boy toys...trucks, guns, erector set, etc. But I also liked to play "house" with my older sister. As she got older, I played with her Barbies, and tried dressing Ken in Barbie's clothes. (REALLY!) One year I asked my parents for a toy washing machine for Christmas. They got it for me.

I read my sister's "Callling All Girls" magazines and read her Nancy Drew books.

Joyce

MsEva
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Trains, rockets, erector set.. Lincoln logs, trucks and shovels.. Loved to dig and still do!! Lol. Guns and bow and arrows.. Had some nice gas powered Cox planes... Plastic models of planes and tanks... Loved to tear anything and everything apart and see how it worked!! Still dooo..

No fem toys at all.. I'd rather go play in mom's lingerie drawer than some stupid Barby doll!! Still would too!! Lol

Karren

OMG! Exactly! Same here! Exactly the same..but add tennis..played that every day growing up in PA. Penn State courts in Dunmore. Always wished I could try it in a tennis dress though.:heehee:

Zee
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
I had an awfull lot of dolls growing up. I always wanted a barbie or something along those lines, but I never dared asked my mother for one. I had Superman dolls, 6 million dollar man dolls, GI Joe dolls and tons of accessories and clothes for each ... later i also had GI Joe, starwars and transformers, but I always got the "girls" first, (princess lea in all her wonderful costumes, lady jay, etc). I also had all kinds of leggo, built nice houses and such with them, and a lot of gender neutral toys like fischer price stuff.

I would go to my friends house a lot who had 3 sisters and I played with them and their barbies more than I played with my friend too.

sterling12
08-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow, and I bet you thought they were all going to say they only played with their dollies and did dress-ups, hanging around with all the neighbor girls.

This reinforces my theory about dual personna's for most CD's. Most of us seem to do a very adequate job of fulfilling both roles. Notice I didn't use the term personality's. I think that's much to "Cybil-like," and it probably represents an oversimplification of very complex persons.

Me personally? Played baseball, basketball, soldiers, football, and had the usual guns and model airplanes. But, I was capable of making friends with little girls and hanging around for the "imagination role-play games," that they seemed to favor. Guess you could say that I could swim in both fishbowls.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Faith_G
08-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Toy cars & trucks, erector set, Legos, etc. I had 3 sisters so it wasn't like the girl stuff wasn't available - I just wasn't interested in it.

MsJanessa
08-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually Toyah, My toys come with arms and legs, walk, talk and breath---and do exactly what I tell them to, that's what makes it so much fun:dom:

Joy Carter
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM

Karren

Ditto's to what Karren said.

Another thing I liked was riding bikes. I used to travel quite long distances on my Columbia.

surfdoc
08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I also found tht I was great at the game operation...go figure now I'm an intern! Also loved building, I modified alot of my toys also. Now as an adult, toys are a bit more, mmmmmmm, you know!

Jenn2716
08-31-2007, 09:13 PM
As a Canadian boy I had a table top hockey game which I loved and spent many hours playing with my younger brother. I also collected He-man figures and alot of WWF figures (though I out grew wrestling by the time I turned 14). Not hard to see I was a child of the 80's.

My mom and dad never knew about my cding, even when I was a kid. I always asked for and got masculine toys. Except this one Christmas when I wasn 9 or 10, I practically begged for a Cabbage Patch Baby, and even though they though it was weird, sure enough Christmas morning there was the doll I had asked for.

I always appreciated them for that.

angelfire
08-31-2007, 10:31 PM
I forgot, but I also played with alot of lego. Hell, I have friends older than me who still play with that stuff.

KarenSusan
09-01-2007, 12:43 AM
OMG I just read that and it made me laugh so much.

I think a healthy psychopathic nature is part of every childs youth. I remember creating several world disasters myself. You never know, one day, I will be watching the news, and see the whole of South America hit by a killer rabbit from Mars and think......there see!!!!!

Exactly. One of my chores as a kid (about 8yo) was to burn the trash every day. I would position my toy soldiers at various places in the trash and watch them burn up imagining they were in a firefight in hell.

Ronda_B
09-01-2007, 02:03 AM
When I was about 4 I asked for a doll that wet and cried for Christmas. My mother got it for me but my dad wasn't to happy with it. From the age of 5 til 12 I played with boy toys, HotWheels, GI Joes, Bicycles and scooters. At recess I would play jump rope and jacks I was good with the eye hand corrdination stuff and building stuff but I was dressing at the same time. I remember once I wore a girdle to the fifth grade and it got so tight on me I had to remove it at recess in the restroom and I took it home in my briefcase bpk. (before back packs):tongueout

Beth785
09-01-2007, 02:28 AM
My Childhood
Legos, GI Joes, model trains, a Gotcha Gun, video games, micro machines, muscle men

My Adult Childhood
Legos, real trains, airsoft guns, real guns, video games

iiiman5
09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I always played with boy toys and had no interest in girl stuff. I had lego, toy solders, and plastic models.

trannie T
09-09-2007, 06:39 PM
All I had were the typical girl toys, erector set, electric train, model cars. . .

Melora
09-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Models, GI Joe and LEGOs ROCK!

CD Tammy
09-10-2007, 06:47 AM
I played with Hot Wheels and Legos... but in secret I played with my step-mothers pantyhose, nighties, etc... Oh, wait... those don't count as toys?

Melora
09-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Pantyhose?? .. OH YEAH.. I LOVED THE MOM Pantyhose alot!, I Still LOVE Pantyhose alot! :)

charllote34
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Lego trains etc .. but when at nursery i dressed as a nurse about 4 or 5 i think and i once dresed my action man up in my cousins barbie stuff !!

Samantha B L
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I had all the best GI Joe stuff money could buy. I also had a bb rifle. When I was a little bitty kid I had a lot of western stuff like the Mattel 6 shooters with the plastic bullets and the greenie stickem caps. But my playmates for the first 3 years I was in school were girls and we played innocent card games like old maid and crazy eights. But I've gotta fess up that through it all when I was 7 years old there was nothing I wanted worse than a "Betty's Beauty Parlor Set" as advertised on local afternoon television.

LeeAnn_cd
09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Well I did have boys toys the normal matchbox cars,legos,model cars fun stuff like that but when my sisters where around I did have fun playing with there barbie dolls and playing dressup and my mom did not say nothing and if she did I just told her I was just keeping my sisters busy.

shauna 9
09-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I played with all the usual "boys" toys.....trucks and stuff, building sets, slot car and train sets

Ann D Bluebird
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
lego, we all had Action Man although my brothers were into them more than I was. I specifically requested no more little toy cars at one time I believe: mostly I loved collecting plastic animals. I had quite a little zoo!!! Then later on I enjoyed making up some animals out of glue-it-yourself type kits....dinosaurs particularly, but also a rhino! :D

Marianna Julianna
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Boy stuff, mostly, although I have a sister so got to play with her dolls once in a while, just to keep her happy of course and it's surprising how often my Panda got to wear a dress!

az_azeel
09-23-2007, 10:04 AM
The toys I had were the usual, soldier sets, lego. spent a lot of time in the country wandering in the woods and lighting fires.. Still love a good fire to this day. Parents were divorced at an early age so I was never allowed a bike at christmas so ended up building my own from parts at the local tip.. good thread Toyah.. :hugs:

arani5879
09-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Legos were my favorite. I made up alot of games though for me and my cousins to play. My mom "made me", or so she though because I always complained, play with my younger sister and she always wanted to play barbies. I had hot wheels and stuff like that that I played with too when I had friends around.

Melinda G
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Yikes! Me too. That's how it starts. :D

Chrissy8888
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I grew up in a small town. All the kids knew each other and played with each other. So sometimes the girls rode bikes, played with trucks, and cops and robbers. Other times the boys played with cabbage patch kids, Barbies, and house. I guess that is just what we did.

sissystephanie
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
If you're asking me if I played with dolls then the answer is simply yes. LOL!!

I also played with dolls when I was little. My sister is two years older, so she controlled the playing for a time. When I was older I played cowboys and indians with some friends. But I did wish I could be a cowgirl!!:heehee:

Sissy

More girl than man sometimes

kathyjojo
09-23-2007, 08:32 PM
When I was little I got the usual like a hot wheels and slot cars and HO trains but one year I got my wish I got an easy bake oven. I even had G.I. Joe's that I did have one problem with them I could not get him into my sisters Barbie dresses.:heehee:

Jazzmine
09-24-2007, 01:47 AM
All boys stuff for me. Anything mechanical or adventure stuff (cowboys & indians very PC incorrect today though).
But usually I was too busy running around like a lunatic being a super hero to play much with toys.
Until I discovered my mothers lingerie draw, then I dressed like super sissy after school before anyone got home!
Hugs Jazzmine