PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use clothing storage lockers outside the home?

JanineSoCal
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I have heard of establishments that rent lockers for clothing storage and allow change into/out of femme clothing at location. Does anyone use such a service, or have heard of one?
I read on this Forum about the large wardrobes acquired by many over the years, and yet crossdressing still hidden from wife or significant other. This seems to be a rather difficult task to find a secure hiding place in home, so please share where you keep your clothes, makeup, etc.

If kept at home, has a significant other ever found the hiding place and contents?

Thanks,

Janine

Samantha Jane
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I have managed to keep my secret for nearly 25 years. Although during this time there been some long periods, where I haven't dressed femme and the inevitable purging has sovled the problem of storage.

Since we moved to our house some years ago my collection of clothes, shoes etc; have ended up in suitcases, which are stored in the loft, where luckily my wife never ventures. The main problem is getting clothes washed and dried before she gets home from work, especially during the winter.

Should we ever move though, I will probably have to abandon most of my clothes, as it might be difficult explaining the extra suitcases. :) :)

Charlotte xx

Sandra H
03-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi Charlotte.

If you ever move let me know and I will buy your house. A house with a loft full of sexy cloths and shoes would be too good to turn down. LOL

trinity24
03-21-2005, 06:11 PM
I read somewhere a pretty good idea one CD had. If you have your clothes in a suitcase(s), you could implement it. Basically he left a note in the suitcase explaining his crossdressing. Just in case his wife ever came accross the stuff. I would do the same - because I wouldn't want her to freak out, thinking god knows what.

Wendy me
03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
all my things are in my office accross the hall from our bed room . my wife has no idear i know because she would just freak with all that i have .................i know it blows me away how mutch i realy do have........

Richelle
03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Janine

My understanding that Countessa's Closet in Studio City has what you are looking for. Never used them as they are to far away from Orange County to work for me.

Richelle

Wendy me
03-21-2005, 06:41 PM
like do thay let you in when ever you want or like dose your dressing have a time limet???????????

JanineSoCal
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
well that is the type of detail I was hoping to learn. I would think that the storage would be used for the bulk of the clothing, but some retained at home, less and more easily hidden.

Janine

Richelle
03-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Janine

Here are two websites that I know that talk about lockers.

http://www.lydiastv.com/
http://www.countessascloset.com/

Hop they help. They are both on the other side of LA from you.

Richelle

Jen_TGCD
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I read about one gal, I think from California (because it was good weather all year long), that rented one of those storage units. You know... those outdoor storage places that you rent by the month.

She rented one that was about 10 x 12 ft. and converted it into a small apartment where she could go to dress, do her makeup and then relax for a while. She put in carpet, a makeup table, clothes rack, a floor mirror, sofa, floor lamp, coffee table, pictures, drapes... and even a television with VCR. (Most have some type of electrical source.) At the time, it was about $50 a month. Not a bad deal considering that an apartment was $600 a month.

She would stop, first, and get some Chinese take-out, a large container of water, something to drink, and some other things she might need.

It was also a place that she could drive close to the unit, so, after getting dressed, she would go for a drive and come back and watch a movie.

When she was ready to leave, she cleaned up with the bottled water, changed back to male mode, locked the unit and went home.

You could take this idea and do it on a smaller scale. I've seen some that are small and inexpensive. It's, at least, a good place to store everything between opportunities to dress. You can pay cash so there is no paper trail to get you busted. Most are open early and don't close until 9 or 10 at night.

Sounded like a good idea to me!

CindyT
03-22-2005, 01:28 AM
I read about one gal, I think from California (because it was good weather all year long), that rented one of those storage units. You know... those outdoor storage places that you rent by the month.

She rented one that was about 10 x 12 ft. and converted it into a small apartment where she could go to dress, do her makeup and then relax for a while. She put in carpet, a makeup table, clothes rack, a floor mirror, sofa, floor lamp, coffee table, pictures, drapes... and even a television with VCR. (Most have some type of electrical source.) At the time, it was about $50 a month. Not a bad deal considering that an apartment was $600 a month.

She would stop, first, and get some Chinese take-out, a large container of water, something to drink, and some other things she might need.

It was also a place that she could drive close to the unit, so, after getting dressed, she would go for a drive and come back and watch a movie.

When she was ready to leave, she cleaned up with the bottled water, changed back to male mode, locked the unit and went home.

You could take this idea and do it on a smaller scale. I've seen some that are small and inexpensive. It's, at least, a good place to store everything between opportunities to dress. You can pay cash so there is no paper trail to get you busted. Most are open early and don't close until 9 or 10 at night.

Sounded like a good idea to me!

Thats exactly what I do. I have lots of other stuff that is in storage and a lot of it is packed in those plastic storage totes. I keep my clothes in several different plastic totes and place them where I know I can find them easy. My problem though is I live farther north and it gets quite cold up here, so in the winter I will take 1 tote at a time and mix it in with others in my closet, which is locked anyway. If I plan on traveling out of town where I can dress I will visit the storage unit and select what I want to take along, pack it in suitcases and in duffel bags. Next I put those packed bags inside empty totes to keep mice away. When I'm ready to leave town I throw the bags into the trunk of the car. If I get the chance to dress at home like if the family is away for a weekend, I just bring home some totes after they leave. Yes I'll admit I'm a packrat and I still have stuff I got many years ago. At least once a year I try to reduce inventory and toss some old stuff to make room for the new.

CindyT

Samantha Jane
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi Sandra,

It wouldn't work, because I'd keep a key to the house and sneak back in to dress, when the place was empty. :) :)

Charlotte xx