PDA

View Full Version : Need an intervention. Help!

wannabie
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I've just noticed about my self. I haven't dressed in weeks. I keep saying to myself that It's just a phase I'm going through and that I will snap out of it. I haven't worn a bra in months and I miss it. I haven't gone out with makeup on; not even a little mascara and I'm starting to wear mens clothes more and more. the other day I actually bought some shirts for my drab self and went straight past the womens department without a thought. the funny thing is when I went in to the store I wanted to look at a skirt that they were displaying in the window.

I think I'm turning into a guy. Is there a cure? a way to stop it?

Trinni
08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I have gone for long periods of time where I never think about dressing up but it seems the feeling always returns.

Breanne
08-29-2007, 07:49 PM
As Trinni says, don't worry about it. It'll come roarin' back sooner or later, probably sooner!

Charleen
08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah, hold on to your knickers! Comes back with a vengence!
In the mean time, why don't you sit on the couch in your y-fronts, swilling beer, fartin', and pickin' and grinnin'?

Roxi Loh
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Take two mydol and wear panties in the morning. Seriously...it will come back.

Hugs

Melinda G
08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
It'll come back. Especially with fall coming. Nobody gets out of this alive!:D

SandyR
08-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Don't stress dear. Going through it myself. Its been over 2 months since I dressed. It will come back, just today I bought some new hose, eyeliner. Things are on the up swing. I think its the hot weather......heheh.

Hugs.

SandyR

Sweet Jane
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
hahahahaha....and whats the problem?........if I don't feel like getting all dressed up, I don't....its sometimes nice to hide amongst the normality of just being a guy....I'm still the same person whether I am in a blouse, skirt and heels or a tee shirt, jeans and trainers. I'm sure you are too

Billijo49504
08-29-2007, 10:45 PM
What ever works for you. But I can't make myself to do without for more than a day....BJ

andreaattimes
08-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I went almost 2 years without dressing. Now i am wearing at least panties everyday.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
without dressing was maybe 5 years. On the other hand, the last time I stopped dressing was less than 24 hours and now I dress ALMOST 34/7. I say almost because I still have to work and I have to be in guy mode for that.

Don't worry. Be happy.

camera_laura
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I dress ALMOST 34/7.
Wow! 34/7! How do you manage that? If I were you I'd be :Party2:

I think I'm turning into a guy. Is there a cure? a way to stop it?

Me thinks thou dost :worried: too much.

Remember, dressing isn't a "choice", it's not only *in* you, it *IS* you.

Think of it like that movie, you know "Dress Takes A Holiday" :tongueout

Rosaliy Lynne
08-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow! 34/7! How do you manage that? If I were you I'd be :Party2:

<<snip>>

maybe I should re-read what I type before hitting the SUBMIT button. But then sometimes I really have to ... SUBMIT :heehee::heehee:

Val702
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM
For me this thing comes and gose. Sometime I quit for like a whole year. No big deal.

Billie Jean
08-30-2007, 01:57 PM
My daughters and their significant others are living with me at this time and that makes it hard for me to dress and I really want to. LOL Billie Jean

dakota_ann69
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
The best part about this for me is that I can be a guy or a girl, so really what is the problem?

crunchysoda
08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
hahahahaha....and whats the problem?........if I don't feel like getting all dressed up, I don't....its sometimes nice to hide amongst the normality of just being a guy....I'm still the same person whether I am in a blouse, skirt and heels or a tee shirt, jeans and trainers. I'm sure you are too

Exactly. What's *wrong* w/enjoying your "guy side."

You are who you are.

While I am confused. :heehee:

Deborah Jane
08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
At one time i went about 2 years without even thinking about getting dressed up, then out of the blue, while getting a present for someone i saw an item of lingerie and just had to buy it! I started dressing again that evening!!

Fab Karen
08-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Listen to the witch:
SURRENDER DOROTHY!:D

StephanieH
08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Everybody's right on this one, it comes and goes. Don't stress, enjoy whichever mode your in and don't worry about either one.
Take care! :happy:

Karren H
08-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Guess you are turning into a guy... Send all your fem thing to me!! Lol. I haven't really wanted to dress in 2 months going on 3 but I'm not concerned.. If it comes back it will on its own.. Have been dabbling in makeup a bit so who knows!!

PM me and I'll give you my address if you decide to purge!! :D

Karren

Elsbeth
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Everybody's right on this one, it comes and goes. Don't stress, enjoy whichever mode your in and don't worry about either one.
Take care! :happy:

You know I was going to start a thread asking about this issue but here is the answer waiting for me. I was wondering if others also had there female persona wax and wane. I've been feeling El recede a bit the last few days. I know she will be back but I almost feel like I need to sign my posts with a different name!

It kind of feels sometimes that she visits me from time to time.

El (sort of)

robp
08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Remember, dressing isn't a "choice", it's not only *in* you, it *IS* you.

OK, remembering I am new to the forum please... I never thought about this "passion" of mine in this way. In fact, you are the first people I have ever spoken to about it. If I am getting this right, it escalates throughout your life, you have no control because it isn't a choice.

I can see how it continues to escalate through mine, from begging mom for that first pair of sandals, to the new pair of 3" wrap around ankle beauties I picked up last week.

Makes one rethink their "in the closet" position with their SO... (notice the new girl with the SO term, be proud of me)

Great thread!

Robi

renee99
08-30-2007, 05:52 PM
If I am getting this right, it escalates throughout your life, you have no control because it isn't a choice.

Well, not really. It isn't a choice to have those desires of being pretty or womanlike by nature, but you can control how you act out those desires, in healthy ways that help you grow as a person and consider the feelings and needs of your loved ones, or in unhealthy ways that alienate loved ones or in compulsive behavior.

Makes one rethink their "in the closet" position with their SO... (notice the new girl with the SO term, be proud of me)

Being in the closet with an SO is deception, simply. If you have disclosed this aspect of yourself to her and have rendered an agreement not to do anything non-masculine in the house, or around her, or whatever, that is fine. But pretending to be someone you are not for the sake of the marriage, or someone else's feelings, or whatever, it will just come back to bite you later. And it really isn't a very nice thing to do to someone you love.

Sheri 4242
08-30-2007, 06:26 PM
It'll come roarin' back sooner or later, probably sooner!

I was wondering if others also had there female persona wax and wane.

I am new to the forum please... I never thought about this "passion" of mine in this way.

If you look at it that we have a dichotomous personna, it makes perfect sense that there is an "ebb & flow" aspect to our dressing. How many times have we heard someone say that when their stress levels rise, their desire to dress rises. Sometimes, "angry" emotions make the level decrease. It is a phenomena that is not fully understood. But, as Breanne said, it'll come roaring back!