PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder

SAMANTHA_IN_MT
08-29-2007, 09:06 PM
I have noticed a trend so to speak. It seams that a lot of us had a child hood that was primarly lonly for lack of better terms. Yesterday I had a person who called me his son died. It made me think that maybe I should have revieled myself to people I love sooner. My childhood wasnt the greatest, it was filled with a mother that thought the bar was more important than her children, my younger sister that was born when I was 10 so I got to be the stand in dad sience my mother was never merried. As a young child I played games that were one player if ya know what I mean. I guess i wonder how many other gurls have similar experiences. Sorry for the long post just wondering.

JOEY88
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm 19 and i want to be excepted as the girl i am so I'm working on it now that way when I'm older it shouldn't be a big deal

Billijo49504
08-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Sounds like maybe you had to be mother and dad, to your sister. And maybe you found the mother part more fun. Anyway, enjoy your life now...BJ

camera_laura
08-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I have noticed a trend so to speak. It seams that a lot of us had a child hood that was primarly lonly for lack of better terms. Yesterday I had a person who called me his son died. It made me think that maybe I should have revieled myself to people I love sooner. My childhood wasnt the greatest, it was filled with a mother that thought the bar was more important than her children, my younger sister that was born when I was 10 so I got to be the stand in dad sience my mother was never merried. As a young child I played games that were one player if ya know what I mean. I guess i wonder how many other gurls have similar experiences. Sorry for the long post just wondering.

Between lonely and a loner (which is *not* a bad thing).

Lonely is a condition which results from someone being alone who doesn't want to be (craves being around others). Loners (such as myself) are happy with themselves (and accept themselves much better than everyone else) but prefer more private/alone-time than the generally accepted 'norm'.

loner does *not* equate to anti-social nor 'going postal' nor becoming a 'water tower shooter'

I refer anyone dealing with the lonelyness/loner issues to read Party of One - The Loner's Manifesto (http://www.amazon.com/Party-One-Manifesto-Anneli-Rufus/dp/1569245134). I had an extra copy that my ex retured to me, but I passed it to a friend who passed it to another loner.

For me, I don't know which is the cause and which is the effect. CD-ing vs. being a loner. It doesn't really matter, because they are both me and I have accepted them both. Unfortunately, very few people have accepted my 'loner-ness'. I think that is one reason why I am hesitant to expose my CD side to anyone, even those whom I trust.:hiding:

Veris
08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, I had a somewhat lonely childhood. My mother was going to college and away/grumpy for quite a few years in my early childhood.. I always had my older brother and father around however. (-not- a good thing). Maybe that's how it came about, since I got to see the worst sides of men at an early age I never wanted it for myself.

Though, I don't believe that's the sole reason.

chrissietoo
08-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Yesterday I had a person who called me his son died. It made me think that maybe I should have revieled myself to people I love sooner.

Whenever there is an opportunity for kindness, openness and love, take it!

I wasn't lonely, but I wasn't super social, either. A small circle of friends....

xoxo chrissie

erickka
08-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I had an absentee father. That probably could explain my love for women's attire, since it was mom, sis, and myself, always doing mom things, hanging with mom friends. Not a lot of male influence there.

Marcie Sexton
08-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I suppose I am a lucky one...my mom was a stay home mom, read a lot books to me, played with me, all around she was the proto-typical June Clever...Dad, well he was dad, worked in the coal mines 39 years, provided a roof over our head, clothes on our back. He was the typical dad of that generation, not much emotion, spare the rod, spoil the child, loving and protective of his brood.

I guess being the baby of the bunch, I was spoiled. I can see a lot of both of them in me now...

Karren H
08-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Not even close to being lonely!!! Brother and sister and cousins and neighborhood kids... Looking back I'm surprised. I had enough time alone to find and get into my mothers lingerie drawer and her closet..

Don't know why its important anyway!! If you figured out why you crossdress it wouldn't change the fact that you do crossdress so why go there.. Ya can't fix it so your persuit of what ever knowledge is a waste of time IMHO.. Stop thinking so much and go buy a neww dress or something.. Lol

Karren

Darlene-VA
08-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I had a normal childhood and to this day I never had been able to figure out the big "why" question, I just accept this is who I am and being a woman almost all of the time is the way I am going to live my life

andreaattimes
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
My Dad worked nights a lot and slept most days, but my Mom was home quite a bit and I have two older brothers. I also had a couple good friends my age to play with.

Joy Carter
08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Lets just say I was alone with exception of a sister. She hatted having to watch me. And still holds a resentment to wards me to this day. I've tried to be a good brother, but she only calls when she needs something.:(

Veronica 1
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Lonely is a condition which results from someone being alone who doesn't want to be (craves being around others). Loners (such as myself) are happy with themselves (and accept themselves much better than everyone else) but prefer more private/alone-time than the generally accepted 'norm'.

I have to admit that I fit into the loner group. It is not so much that I am a hermit but more like that I prefer my own company to the social conditions that the rest of the world seems to find normal, which it may well be. It is just not for me. As an added bonus, it gives me more time to comfortably dress up and not have to worry about the doorbell ringing because the friends want to come visit, lol

Dena
08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Interesting topic, well I'm the 7th of 8 children, 5 older sisters,
an older and a younger brother (in that order). So I was never
lonely. I did become somewhat of a loner though, my theory is
I did stuff on my own just for some peace and quiet.

When I got my first apartment I was uncomfortable because it was so quiet! I quickly got used to it though.

crusadergirl
08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah just buy a new dress and stay home alone with your self. Fun times have a good one.

Sugar
08-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I suppose I am a lucky one...my mom was a stay home mom, read a lot books to me, played with me, all around she was the proto-typical June Clever...Dad, well he was dad, worked in the coal mines 39 years, provided a roof over our head, clothes on our back. He was the typical dad of that generation, not much emotion, spare the rod, spoil the child, loving and protective of his brood.

I guess being the baby of the bunch, I was spoiled. I can see a lot of both of them in me now...

Marcie. you painted a nice picture. Sweet memories you have girl.

Just made me think of Iris Dement. Do you know her music?

sugar