PDA

View Full Version : What About You ???

CJFMix
08-30-2007, 12:12 AM
I estimate , that 80% of crossdressers enjoys wearing woman clothes , actually , without having to look feminine (painted toenails , fix the hair , some make-up) ... Only , being a guy wearing female garments !!!

Can all of you proove me wrong ???

jennCD
08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Looking feminine goes hand in hand with feeling feminine for me.

Katelyn
08-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I could try to prove you wrong...but that would take way too much time and way too much effort. LOL. No, I agree. The other day I got dressed. No makeup or wig. I always keep my toes painted.

camera_laura
08-30-2007, 12:18 AM
I estimate , that 80% of crossdressers enjoys wearing woman clothes , actually , without having to look feminine (painted toenails , fix the hair , some make-up) ... Only , being a guy wearing female garments !!!

Can all of you proove me wrong ???

Yes, I do enjoy wearing womens clothers, I do also enjoy the painted toe nails, hair (wig) and make-up part.

Do I *desire* to be/live-as a woman? No.

Do I desire/wish that society would accept me appearing in public (with the painted toe nails, hair, and make-up) making my best attempt at passing (i.e., no beard, shaved legs, etc.) as a woman? You bet.

I think that if you posed this as a true poll, you might find a better answer to what it is you are asking.

:D

camera_laura
08-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Looking feminine goes hand in hand with feeling feminine for me.

What was it that Forrest Gump said? "Feminine is as feminine does"?

:twirl:

DawnRodgers
08-30-2007, 12:20 AM
That may be true because it requires aaaaa lot of time and also possible discovery to fully dress. Like residue on the nails, hairless body parts when you wear summer clothes or go swimming. Any of those or other give aways. So many likely only throw on an outfit.
Thern there are those of us who are so into wanting to present ourselves as women that we shave our bodies, keep our toe nails poolished all of the time, want to pass.
Don't know what the percentages are but I'm sure societal pressures keep many of us from really taking on feminine characteristics that are easily discovered..

Jamie001
08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I have not desire to pass. I just be myself. That consists of having long highlighted hair in a fem style, large fem hoop earrings, and bright red professionally pedicured toenails that are on display 24/7 in women's open toe sandals. All of my clothing is male except sometimes I will wear sheer toe pantyhose. I make no attempt to hide my fem characteristics in fact I flaunt them because I am very proud that I have these beautiful characteristics and there is nothing wrong with being perceived as a sissy.

That may be true because it requires aaaaa lot of time and also possible discovery to fully dress. Like residue on the nails, hairless body parts when you wear summer clothes or go swimming. Any of those or other give aways. So many likely only throw on an outfit.
Thern there are those of us who are so into wanting to present ourselves as women that we shave our bodies, keep our toe nails poolished all of the time, want to pass.
Don't know what the percentages are but I'm sure societal pressures keep many of us from really taking on feminine characteristics that are easily discovered..

CJFMix
08-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Many males crossdresses inside their homes , openly or secretly , without having to be all made-up ...

In fact , in France and Germany , they now opened a market for male pantyhose/tights and skirts for men !!!

Those companies (Gerbe & Wolford) knows there is a market for theese products . And , if you take a look a the publicity , there's not a trace of feminity from the chosen models !!!

It happens , to see a male wearing a skirt with tights walking by ...

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-30-2007, 02:06 AM
I only wear women's clothing when I feel feminine. I don't do it just for the feel of the clothes, I do it because I have to express that kind of side of myself.

I don't even like lace, but I like to wear it because it's just too cute-looking.
I'm so vain. :straightface:

crusadergirl
08-30-2007, 02:16 AM
I like looking like a girl i don't want to be seen as a guy in girls clothes. Its been kinda a dream of mine to look like a pretty young girl. But i don't want be a girl i just like the look like one playing the part is not so easy.

Deanna2
08-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Just a cami and skirt does it for me. Although I do wear all the other femme gear often enough, I don't need it to be relaxed and comfortable.

Suzy Harrison
08-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I must be one of the few as I have to go the whole way otherwise I don't feel right. It's a pain as well as I'll need 3 hours to get it all on, 3 hours to make it worth while and 1 hour to get it all off again. That's a 7 hour day!

Tina Dixon
08-30-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm far more than a guy in a dress when I dress now days.

Marcie Sexton
08-30-2007, 05:05 AM
A large part of me feells femm all the time, the dress and makeup only enhances that feeling...which only to makes me feel better about myself....

Angela Burke
08-30-2007, 05:48 AM
I would have to choose both options as they both apply.
I love getting glammed up as much as anyone else when I
can get the opportunity.
But I am also a guy who loves wearing female clothes, be it
just a skirt and blouse.

Colleen
08-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Out side of costume parties Im pretty much in the closet but my SO is also happy with that

VERONICARH
08-30-2007, 06:25 AM
I feel the same way camera laura does. Love to dress fem and would love to pass as woman, but still be a man .

Christine Andrews
08-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Well for me I do love femme clothes much more than masculine clothes but the crux of the matter for me is passing. I would never pass in a million years unless wishes could come true and miracles happen and this has shaped my attitude towards crossdressing.

I have always had a passion for the look and (later) feel of womens clothes so the fact that I am closeted (and happy in it) and cannot pass doesn't matter - I love the clothes and wearing them feels as natural to as breathing. Plus if I had the desire and confidence to go out as I have often wanted to and mix femme and masculine as I see fit I would.

So I voted the first option:D

Although if I thought for moment I could pass I may have voted differently...

Regards
Kirsty

Veronica Fallon
08-30-2007, 06:39 AM
My femininity flows through me naturally, every single day. It's a major part of me. I don't need clothes or make-up to feel it, it's there regardless. However dressing & doing my make-up allows me to express it tangibly & to feel it more deeply in my soul. So I do both. Unless I'm nude I almost always have on something feminine. Given the time, space, & energy, I'll go all out (fully dressed, hair styled, make-up, nails, etc.) in order to feel my femininity more fully. If I'm short on time or too tired I'll at least wear lingerie around the house. But if not, I love to make myself into a total woman- as close as I can get anyways! :doll:

Luv it all,

Veronica

Jere Oneil
08-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Like it says, I'm "just a guy in a skirt". I think that skirts and to a lesser extent, dresses are just more comfortable than pants.

Stephenie S
08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
It's quite obvious that there is a HUGE component of us who are decidedly GUYS who just want to be able to wear women's clothes (for whatever reason) when they want to. I really don't think your statistics are acurate, but I see no way to easily obtain acurate ones. As someone already said, it would be enormously difficult and time consuming, and don't we want to spend that time on our dressing?

Anyway, it's obvious that there are a lot of us who are firmly grounded in their masculinity. There are others however, myself included, that are firmly grounded in our femininity. I have known since my earliest memories that I was a girl, now a woman. So my CDing activities, now pretty much 24/7, are centered around my femininity. I kinda doubt that I will ever take the ultimate surgery route. At my age (don't even think of asking), it seems sort of a waste of time and money. I know there are others here like me because I have corresponded with them, but I have NO idea how many, or what percentage we represent.

To me, none of this really matters. I have LONG since given up asking or wondering about the "whys and wherefors" of this whole question. The time I have in this world is for enjoyment, not for questioning. I want to ENJOY myself. Time spent wondering why I am the way I am, or how I got this way, or how many others are like me, is time wasted.

Enjoy your life sweetie, leave statistics to the marketeers and ad men. Go buy some more shoes!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Lilith Moon
08-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I have some freedom to underdress if I want, but it doesn't do much for me. I prefer to present an overall female impression. This is usually to myself in the mirror with a bit of imagination..or without my glasses on :D Despite what others say in certain threads, I would ideally like to pass to others but I acknowledge that this is unlikely and so I do the best that I can.

Angie G
08-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I like polish on my toes and make-uo now and then :hugs:
Angie

Charleen
08-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm Lily and dress accordingly. Hair long. Long polished nails. Hoop earrings. Mascara. At all times,

jacky83
08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure this is an either or question. Its like saying do you like to sip at your tea or do you like to drink down the whole cup.
I like both.

sissystephanie
08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I am a guy who like to wear feminine clothing. Since my wife passed away I don't try to pass. She was my makeup artist! But my toes, and fingers, are painted 24/7 and my under garments are always feminine. A lot of the time i am totally dressed in feminine clothing, whether I am going out in public or not. Just yesterday evening I went shopping in a local Mall totally dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup. Just a guy wearing a skirt over bright red satin panties, bra that created nice cleavage and a top that showed it off, and open toe sandals to show off my pretty toes. Spent about 2 1/2 hours in the Mall at various stores and had a blast. Got some "looks" and a few giggles from teen girls and one "nice outfit" from an SA!:love:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

LindaTS
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
It's all the way every day for me. I want to be full time real soon.

susie evans
08-30-2007, 12:01 PM
it's the hole package for me :hugs:

susie

Deborah Jane
08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Its all or nothing for me!!

tommi
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I like to feel femme but I know I'm just a guy who likes the feminine feel of women's clothes.
Wearing them makes me feel feminine because they are feminine.

jenniferj
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I think that there is another factor that's in play here. I want to be very, very careful to not offend those of all degrees of femininity, but ....

At some level, most of us believe that there is something wrong or perverse or shameful about our activities. There are countless threads on how to hide what we do, and about almost getting caught, or about actually getting caught. And most of us hide what we do from most of the people we know.

There is a great deal of comfort in the idea that "I just like to wear women's clothes - I'm not like those 'really disturbed' people who want to pass" This is much along the lines of "I just smoke pot - I don't really do drugs" or "I'm not addicted to heroin - I just like it a lot. "

There are those who compensate for their internal discomfort by dressing beligerently (sundresses and beards) or aggressively (how many public places can I go en femme). If it works for you, be happy with it. No judgement here.

At some level we all dress to connect to a unique feminine image; it may be that Mom always wanted a girl, or that she flowed a slightly different hormone stream while our brain was developing, or that Dad's genes gave us different sensitivities to the "normal" hormones in Mom. There is something that is telling us to identify to some female stimuli - we may just need a hint of dressing to satisfy our craving or we may need to be female to the point of changing our maxipads. Again, whatever works for you.

But don't we all wish that what we do was as universally acceptable as playing golf? Golf also involves wearing silly or unusual clothing and very,very few of us are good at it. But hardly any of us hide the fact that we play from our neighbors.

I offer pre-emptive apologies for anybody I have offended - please read it again, and realize that I am not mocking or judging anyone.

jj

DonnaT
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Most of the time I go without makeup or a wig. Perfectly happy with that. And I've done so in public.

So I chose the first option.

But I do like the full femme image, it's just not as much of a need as the need to wear a skirt.

My wife asked me the same thing, why, if it's the clothes, do you need to wear a wig and makeup. I told her I didn't and would be fine going about without it. She promptly responded, "Not with me you wouldn't." So, she answered her own question with respect to why some of us wear a wig and makeup.

Francine1947
08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree whole hearterly with jennifferj.She is on the money.

Fab Karen
08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
There is a great deal of comfort in the idea that "I just like to wear women's clothes - I'm not like those 'really disturbed' people who want to pass" This is much along the lines of "I just smoke pot - I don't really do drugs" or "I'm not addicted to heroin - I just like it a lot. "

There are those who compensate for their internal discomfort by dressing beligerently (sundresses and beards) or aggressively (how many public places can I go en femme). If it works for you, be happy with it. No judgement here.

But don't we all wish that what we do was as universally acceptable as playing golf? Golf also involves wearing silly or unusual clothing and very,very few of us are good at it. But hardly any of us hide the fact that we play from our neighbors.

jj
Change begins inside of us. Women wearing pants isn't commonplace because the first women to do it hid it from the neighbors. Personally, I don't give a **** what the neighbors think. It's MY life. I have walked in & out of my home in broad daylight as Karen. Just as GG's do we have to be aware of situations where it could be a bad idea to walk alone, but we shouldn't be afraid to go out & enjoy ourselves.

"That guy is out in the field again, smacking a ball with a stick...boy is that weird."

chrissietoo
08-30-2007, 03:11 PM
At some level we all dress to connect to a unique feminine image; .... There is something that is telling us to identify to some female stimuli - we may just need a hint of dressing to

jj

Jennifer, I think you are right on. Most of us started dressing before puberty. We were simply attracted by femininity, and the feeling never went away.... :doll:

xoxo chrissie

Dana Carlton
08-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I would have to choose both options as they both apply.
I love getting glammed up as much as anyone else when I
can get the opportunity.
But I am also a guy who loves wearing female clothes, be it
just a skirt and blouse.

Same for me. I'd have to say it's 50/50 for me. Sometimes, I go the whole way, and sometimes just a skirt and top. But at all times I wear female undergarments!

michelle-h
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I would have to say that most of the time I go all out. And when I do, I stay that way as long as I can, enjoying every second. There are rare occasions when I will just throw on a skirt and some heels, just for wandering around the house. But most times, if I'm gonna bother, I wanna get the most out of it I can, so I go all the way. Its usually just not enough to wear the clothes. I wanna look and feel pretty.

Michelle

Susancd
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
For me it is a bit of both, having said that, the latter is more wishful thinking!

audrey-lynn
08-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Well said.

CJFMix
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I admit , my estimation was wrong !!!

But , I would like to give this poll a chance , and try to last a couple weeks , not a couple days !!! A longer period of profiling , would give this poll more credibility ...

Glenda58
09-01-2007, 09:05 PM
When I started 50 years ago I was a guy in a dress and that was fine. Now after all these years I want to pass go out dress be total female all day. Just like today got up shower shave and dressed with makeup clean the house went shopping now I'm sitting here reading and writing about CDing. Tomorrow I'll be out to church and more shopping and maybe some golf all dressed.

kendra o'riley
09-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I must be one of the few as I have to go the whole way otherwise I don't feel right. It's a pain as well as I'll need 3 hours to get it all on, 3 hours to make it worth while and 1 hour to get it all off again. That's a 7 hour day!

It's all the way of nothing... never realized it before, but half way ins no way (I'm like in both modes I guess at least that's consistant!)

Gettiing there is half the fun - but being fem is what I promised myself I would finally do.

Hmmm.

Sonia Kiss
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Ha! Of course it's an aggravating question because the two choices aren't enough and they overlap anyway. I like it though, because it's worded in the present tense. So what's the best answer for me, right now as I sit at the computer? Well...not "all made up" if "all made" up means makeup and painted nails and stuff.

So, am I just a guy in women's clothes? Definitely not! I like being accepted as a woman in public, and mostly because of that, I confess, I've worked on my walk, voice, mannerisms, and so on. I'm wearing not just breast forms, but also hip pads. Not having hormone enhanced hips, I *love* what these pads do for my passability. And not exactly makeup, but, do my lasered face and plucked eyebrows count? My nails aren't painted at the moment, but they are nicely trimmed and shaped. Arms and legs are shaved. Friends tell me I'm TS. I'm still not sure what that means, but if the doorbell rings right now, I'll jump up and answer it...and expect to be treated as a woman.

Sonia

Paula G
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I can't reply to the poll because it really depends on how I feel at the time. There are times when I just feel like wearing femme jeans/skirt and either flats or espadrilles, while other times I feel that anything less than a total transformation would not be right. It's just how I am.

CJFMix
09-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I admit , my estimation was wrong !!!

But , I would like to give this poll a chance , and try to last a couple weeks , not a couple days !!! A longer period of profiling , would give this poll more credibility ...

Siobhan
09-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Wearing female clothes without being fully passable seems to me to be incomplete .To go shopping 'en femme' and be accepted as a lady I find a wonderful experience. nail varnish may not be essential.
Siobhan

ArleneRaquel
09-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Being perceived as a desirable female is a major reason that I dress. I love to play the vixen. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - Stop by & Have a :drink: with a Wild Afro - Irish Wench

Chantelle CD
09-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Odd now...the more i get fully dresed, im starting to lose the want to get partial dressed, just doesnt feel right anymore unless i go all the way with it.

My Lady Marsea
09-15-2007, 03:05 AM
I feel feminine in my traits and thoughts so dressing with femme clothing and doing the monthly pedicure & manicure and making sure it shows all the time, wearing all the required jewelry, heels,purse and make up every time I leave the house for most of the day helps me be me, inside & out. At home I'm always in panties and some sort of tee shirt and put on running/sport shorts and flip flops if I have to go get the mail outside or whatever. I'l do real basic makeup and jewelry & flip flops if it's going to be a hour or less trip out of the house. I dress as if I hope to pass but mostly 'cause it's just me lovin' myself. PS: I did not vote 'cause it only let me choose 0ne LOL.

Ruth
09-15-2007, 04:57 AM
I voted but I agree with a lot of people that it's not an either-or situation. I like to express my femme self in a number of ways but when I go out I feel more at ease if I am in full woman mode with all the details in place. I don't pretend that I pass all of the time but there is a kind of confidence factor involved.
When lounging around at home I can be less particular, though I still like to have my wig on whenever I'm being at all femme. Not having much hair of my own...
Love, Ruth

Mitch23
09-15-2007, 06:04 AM
I've moved from first proposition to the second. When I dress I want to get as close to the real deal as i can and to interract with them in the real world. I want to celebrate my femininity and really like the person who is Mitch

Mitch

Keely
09-15-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm firmly in both camps. Last two nights it was all the way but this morning it's just a cute cami and jeans, painted nails and sandals. Most days I just have to wear something fem, usually panties.

Darlene-VA
09-15-2007, 06:52 AM
I take the second option, after I fulled dressed for the first time I have always done that and just want to feel like a complete woman as much as I can

Terry
09-15-2007, 07:32 AM
I do feel my best when I,am fully dress.

Terry

Alice460
09-15-2007, 07:59 AM
I do not try and pass. I just enjoy wearing feminine clothes.

Raychel
09-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Just a guy is=n a dress here, I don't even own any makeup or a wig. Definitly have the whole kit from the neck down though:D:D

Carol A
09-15-2007, 08:06 AM
For me it's all the way everyday,full makeup and wig. I can dress up or down depending on the day but I must have my makeup.

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I think much of it is societal acceptance of the way we are. If it was a "no big deal thing" with society then you would see many more people going out en-femme, either all the way or in varying degrees of dress. I would wear make-up every day along with a lot of other changes if it was acceptable in todays society. The act of dressing as a woman is a long process for most of us and the time it takes doesn't allow for the full makeover to take place on a regular basis. Yours is a tough question to get a good answer on because too many variables exist. I do believe your numbers are way off though!

Michelle04240
09-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I can enjoy both. While I love getting dressed fully and would love to do it more often, time dosen't always allow. If I can get a bit of time lounging around in a favorite outfit, I'm happy.

Jamie001
09-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Sandra,

The only way you are ever going to be able to wear makeup and other things is if you just get out there and do it! Ten years ago, earrings were not accepted until guys just got out there and started wearing them. Do you see what I mean?

:happy: Jamie

I think much of it is societal acceptance of the way we are. If it was a "no big deal thing" with society then you would see many more people going out en-femme, either all the way or in varying degrees of dress. I would wear make-up every day along with a lot of other changes if it was acceptable in todays society. The act of dressing as a woman is a long process for most of us and the time it takes doesn't allow for the full makeover to take place on a regular basis. Yours is a tough question to get a good answer on because too many variables exist. I do believe your numbers are way off though!

CJFMix
09-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Some recent posts , gave me the idea of bringing my poll back !!!