PDA

View Full Version : Earliest recollection (FTM only)

Kieron Andrew
08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm sure this has been touched on before but heck if i can find it......

I was wondering what your earliest recollection was of being trans? your first confirming memory of 'being different'? What did you think or feel?...god i cannot word a question for the life of me without rambling

mistunderstood
08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Well When I learned about the diffrences between boys and girls. When I learned that I was not happy. I would not believe I was a girl even thou I was shown the pictures of what it meant to be a boy. When I hit puberty I was shocked to find out I really was a girl. You know the whole thing of going to bed and then wake up and you have boobs thing. I was mad as hell when that happened.

Kieron Andrew
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
You know the whole thing of going to bed and then wake up and you have boobs thing. I was mad as hell when that happened.so teen years for you? or younger?

I totally freaked when i realised mine were growing around aged 9! i mean 9 for gad sake! someone was playing a really sick joke on me i thought, and it never ended!

CaptLex
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
god i cannot word a question for the life of me without rambling
Have you tried more tequila? :heehee:

I've said it before, but for the newcomers . . . my earliest recollection was in kindergarten. The boys and girls were segregated and I wanted to play with the boys, as I was sure I was one of them, but the teacher wouldn't let me. Stupid teacher! :mad:

Kieron Andrew
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Have you tried more tequila? :heehee:
ahhh thats where im going wrong.....:rolleyes:

Xaff
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
By me it was when I was a year of 12 I think.... At that age my boobs began to grow and I didn't like them. But if I look at my childhood, then I was a realy shy girl. Also in puberty I didn't like myself, and too a shy girl. But when I discovered the boyish side of me, I was so much happyer. And my confident has grown a lot!

Also when I was a small child until about 10 years people let me play with my friends (almost all boys) But finally my teachers said I needed to play with girls and told me the whole time when I played with my boy-friends. So saidly I gave up. Now I would never do that again!

It was stupid, I couldn't play pirates, spacediscovers and all that cool stuff again. And the girls only walked around and talked. It was boring.

JamesAlan
08-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I figured out there was something different about me in kindergarten. None of the other girls knew how to work on cars and I could check and top off all the fluids and add air to the tires. I knew that biologically I was a girl. It wasn't unitl pueberty that I really started wishing I was a guy. I had boobs in kindergarten (that's hell). For a year in high school I lived full-time as a guy. I loved it. My mother had such a problem with it, to make her happy, I went back to being her daughter. Now, due to years of depression, have gotten to the point I -need- to be mysefl. And I'm going to be.

ZenFrost
08-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I didn't really realize that I was trans until my late teens. But I'd always known I was different. My whole childhood, going back as early as I can remember, I never had any friends. But I can remember as early as preschool thinking that I was one of the boys. I just didn't equate that with trensgenderedness until somewhat recently.

Cai
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I think sometime around age 12-13, when I started having my really serious body image issues. I was a bit of a late developer, so I hadn't really hit puberty until that point (I didn't start my period until I was almost 14), but everything seemed to going haywire in my body and in my head.

I still have my journals, and there's an entry where I wrote: "This body can't be mine. My body would be different. This one doesn't listen to me. This one doesn't fit."

happyfish
08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I know I felt like I was different for a long time. Like since grade 6 or something, but I never really connected anything to being TG until January. I can look back and see clues (like disliking being called 'girl' or 'beautiful'), but I can't say when it all started.

Tobie
08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I've only clicked into being bigender in the last... ohhh, month or so!

Looking back at my childhood and teenage years, there are SO MANY THINGS that were very clearly part of my male side. But I always associated it with the 'tomboy' stereotype.

Adam
08-30-2007, 04:10 PM
remember myself wise i was about 3 years old said to my mum i woulod be a boy when i grow up she said i wouldent and i cryed so much mum took me round the shop for sweets :D i remember this so well :heehee:

bi_weird
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I didn't get gender until sixth grade. As in, I really had no concept except that for some reason my brothers didn't have to wear dresses when I did sometimes. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the big deal was, because everyone seemed to think it was important. Eventually I put it down to feminism making me view it differently, until I met this girl in my coming out group last spring who didn't believe in gender and got me thinking about it. It wasn't until about this time last summer I really started to see myself as trans.

mistunderstood
08-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Around 6-7 years old.

DanielMacBride
08-31-2007, 03:29 AM
I think for me I knew from about 3yrs old that I was different, although I couldn't really put my finger on it at that age. I used to play with all the boys in the neighbourhood until my mother put a stop to it when I was about 10 or 11 and insisted that I play only with girls. But I have always been very much aware that I am not girly (thanks to my mother busting my butt for it on a daily basis), although it was only in the last couple of months that I have actually managed to figure out what was really going on :D

Daniel

Taylor105
08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I've known I was different since I was very little. At age six I wanted to be a Cowboy when I grew up. lol I only played with the boys in the neighborhood and I was the leader. I could beat the shit out of any one of them. hehe I am actually still friends with many of them to this day. When I was 7 I went fishing with my dad and I was wearing the usual ball cap and flannel shirt. The woman who owned the lake area we were fishing on came up and said "what's your name sonny?" The feeling of pride at that moment to be asked that question has always stuck out as the first moment that I knew I was a boy. Then I did some really weird stuff. My sister is 18 months younger than me. We always were put in the bathtub together when we were little. At about age 8 I didn't want to do that anymore. I tried to pee standing up by straddling the toilet. I told my sister I was really a boy and not a girl. She of course did not believe me seeing that we were naked in front of each other all the time at that age. Then one day she came into the bathroom while I was in the tub and I quickly put a wash cloth over my private area and told her to get out. I didn't want her to see my penis. She was like you are so weird. You are a girl!! We got in fist fights a lot about that. Of course I always beat the crap out of her. To this day I can't talk to her about my transness. She just thinks I'm a butch and she is okay with that. The absolute worst feeling I have ever had was being called a lady/woman. Ugh!!! I hate that!! So yeah, I was quite young.