PDA

View Full Version : Busted last weekend.

Joyce1702
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
First a little background. As you may know, I always mention my GG friend when I go on outings. I get dressed at her house and she goes with me. It's so much easier than coming and going from my own house and it has worked very well.

Now, about 35 years ago, I worked in a food plant. I worked with a guy about my age and we were good friends. We both wanted to be cops and we both reached our goal in neighboring towns. So, once again, we had occasion to work together and at least be aware of each other's careers.

Well, wouldn't you know, he moves in right next door to my GG friend! They even have a shared driveway. I was not about to stop dressing up and going out, so we continued We had been fortunate that he had not been outisde or sitting on his porch whenever we came or went. Last Sunday we had our outing to the art gallery for the John Lennon show and went to dinner at a nice restaurant. Also did some shopping at Goodwill. Ironically, it was the last opportunity I'll have to get out for awhile.

We get back to her house and, sure enough, he's sitting out on his porch. I'm on the side of the car away from him and can keep my back to him when I walk to the house. Now, this guy is a retired cop, remember, and he sees me come and go on my motorcycle or in my truck, and he sees two women leave and come back in my friend's car. He has apparently put 2 and 2 together, and Sunday was the clincher for him.

He mentioned to my GG friend the next day that he wanted to say "hi" to me but didn't want to make me uncomfortable. So he knows. And they talked about it again today. Apparently he's fine with it and said it doesn't change the person that I am.

So, for better or worse, I'm out to another person. At least we won't have to worry anymore if he's outside or not.

Whew, long post!

Joyce

Marcie Sexton
08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
From what I read at face value it seems that some people don't feel threatened and can live and let live...

Good for you, but especially good for him for having an open mind and seeing the person for who they are not what they preceive...

JULIE33362
08-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Good For You He Has A Open Mind But You Were Frinds Befor He New Thanks For Your Story

Jenna1561
08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Joyce, I think that is really great news. Now you may not feel as uncomfortable coming and going from your GG friend's home and if you decide to approach him, at least you know that he's O.K. with your crossdressing.

I'm sorry to hear of your upcoming lack of opportunities and I hope it doesn't last long. But maybe this would give you the chance to meet him in guy mode and perhaps talk about crossdressing in a more comfortable atmosphere.

Best of luck.

Jenna

Joyce1702
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Joyce, I think that is really great news. Now you may not feel as uncomfortable coming and going from your GG friend's home and if you decide to approach him, at least you know that he's O.K. with your crossdressing.

I'm sorry to hear of your upcoming lack of opportunities and I hope it doesn't last long. But maybe this would give you the chance to meet him in guy mode and perhaps talk about crossdressing in a more comfortable atmosphere.

Best of luck.

Jenna

That's a really good idea, Jenna. Thanks! By the way, I love your new "do" in your avatar.

Joyce

Karina Hynes
08-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Well if I was you, I invited him to go out with you and your friend, because I think you do not need to give any explanations, apparently he knows and accept it. Friends are friends because they give us the opportunity of be.

Veronica 1
08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
As former police officers, you must have seen worse that a guy in a skirt. It is great that he is understanding and you should take him out for dinner some day with your friend.

Angie G
08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
He sounds like a gool guy and a good friend :hugs:
Angie

Sally2005
08-31-2007, 08:54 AM
LOL! What are the chances he moves in there? I'm glad he is okay with it. He just knows one of your other hobbies that you never did at work...unless you went undercover. :-)

tracigirl_tv
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Joyce, how refreshing that he is open-minded! Who knows, maybe he wants to let you know that he's not a stranger to CDing. :) Wouldn't THAT be a kick!

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
So, it does not sound like this will be your last time for changing there! He sounds like a very empathetic person. No problem. Get yourself together, and go and sit on the porch with him!

TxKimberly
08-31-2007, 10:19 AM
You know, if you read through many of the threads here, you see this over and over and over. I haven't really counted or "taken the data", but my general impression is that there are far more stories here about "they found out and it was cool" than there are of the "they found out and everyting went to hell" variety.
I don't know if it's a natural progression or by design, but it appears that people ARE growing more tolerant. Not just of us, but of anything outside the accepted norms. I think this is a good thing and hope it continues.