PDA

View Full Version : i've been off line for awhile now because i've been thinking about thing's

Misty
08-31-2007, 07:02 AM
i'm not the kind of person that talk's to people about anything i've been judged just about my whole life witch isn't nearly as long as most of u so i guess i prob. don't know much about being judged or being true to myself and thouse around me keeping the real me hidden within myself and just staying away form everyone and reading book's...

Emily Ann Brown
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Doesn't matter how old you are hun, we all have spent so long hiding that we can relate to the judgement of others. Thankfully we are family here and can share what's on our minds and heart and feel the support of others who understand.

Emily Ann

Angie G
08-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Well Misty we are all friends here and I for one don't jump at judging people :hugs:
Angie

Rosaliy Lynne
08-31-2007, 07:58 AM
i'm not the kind of person that talk's to people about anything i've been judged just about my whole life witch isn't nearly as long as most of u so i guess i prob. don't know much about being judged or being true to myself and thouse around me keeping the real me hidden within myself and just staying away form everyone and reading book's...

so who am I to take up the task. doesn't matter how old you are as Emily Ann tells ya. People feel a need to judge others because of, usually anyway, their own insecurities. Passing judgement lets them feel they are somehow better than someone else. It's wrong and it really only highlights their own problems. My solution to judgemental types is to smile, laugh them off and ignore them as I go about being me.

Doesn't matter how old you are hun, we all have spent so long hiding that we can relate to the judgement of others. Thankfully we are family here and can share what's on our minds and heart and feel the support of others who understand.

Emily Ann

Well said Sis.!!!!

thought:
You judge me to make yourself feel better, but you should invest time in MAKING yourself better. Having done that you might understand me instead of judging me. Then we'd both be better. And so would the world.

danielle40I
08-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Misty,

I can still remember being 19 (Gonna be 53 in november :eek:), going to a small college in Western Michigan (Holland),trying to find myself, feeling guilty about my secret, trying to fit in, wondering why I'm this way...all without anyone to share my feelings with. Sound a bit familiar? Yes I had a GF/Fiance who I told early in the relationship. Yet I had not yet come to the understanding that becomes clearer with each passing day (some days I still don't get it).

You have the benefit of this Forum, that many of us could only dream of having back then. I myself felt alone, seeming to be the only one who was like me. You have the wonderful opportunity to express yourself here with people that, in their own way, have walked in your shoes at one time or another.

Speak of how you feel, as freely as you care to. We will all have some understanding of what it is you are experiencing.

Dani :hugs:

Misty
08-31-2007, 08:54 AM
so who am I to take up the task. doesn't matter how old you are as Emily Ann tells ya. People feel a need to judge others because of, usually anyway, their own insecurities. Passing judgement lets them feel they are somehow better than someone else. It's wrong and it really only highlights their own problems. My solution to judgemental types is to smile, laugh them off and ignore them as I go about being me.

Well said Sis.!!!!

thought:
You judge me to make yourself feel better, but you should invest time in MAKING yourself better. Having done that you might understand me instead of judging me. Then we'd both be better. And so would the world.

what if that person is your own dad? i was taken away form him at the age of 2 and even when he got me back i was myself when i was alone then he went to look in my dresser. i've been thinking about just going though with it i want to make a choice for me for once not to sound selfish but when i was thinking about other people i just get taken advange of if i had a gf then i would think about how she fell's about it i've had 1 allready didn't work out to well...

Misty
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Misty,

I can still remember being 19 (Gonna be 53 in november :eek:), going to a small college in Western Michigan (Holland),trying to find myself, feeling guilty about my secret, trying to fit in, wondering why I'm this way...all without anyone to share my feelings with. Sound a bit familiar? Yes I had a GF/Fiance who I told early in the relationship. Yet I had not yet come to the understanding that becomes clearer with each passing day (some days I still don't get it).

You have the benefit of this Forum, that many of us could only dream of having back then. I myself felt alone, seeming to be the only one who was like me. You have the wonderful opportunity to express yourself here with people that, in their own way, have walked in your shoes at one time or another.

Speak of how you feel, as freely as you care to. We will all have some understanding of what it is you are experiencing.

Dani :hugs:

i haven't done any after hs becase of the way i look exp. my face and thing's to remain nameless...
do any of u know if idhp could help me with this?
becase of how i am now i don't really like to even go outside of my apt. unless it's for a 3am-5am jog or a night jog
i've been trying to find myself for awhlie now since i was in middle school
now it's just me needing to be more open about myself i got mostly girl's as friend's it's alot easyer to talk with girl's then guy's it's to hard to make male friend's they allway's smell they cuss all the time then they judge u or are to compitive over everything talk about sport's all the time or don't have anymaner's other then some that i know of in the glbt comuit. and also when i present myself as female but i only did that around only 2guy's
yes it does sound like what i'm going though but i've wanted to do this because of alot of denf. reason's

TxKimberly
08-31-2007, 10:30 AM

There IS a time and place for thinking and for introspection, but do you know what one of the things I have learned is? You can think TOO darn much. You can spend TOO much time on self examination and introspection and becomes like a feedback loop that gets out of control.
You are concerned or worried about something, so you of course consider and think about it.
The more you think about it, the more you worry about it.
The more you worry about . . . AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! . . . and the amplifier (in this case your brain) starts to make that loud and painful squealing noise.
So you have been judged and now you've thought about it - now cut it out. Don't dwell on it. So you have been judged, that is normal. TG, Gay, "normal", what ever, we are all judged. If you let this drive you into a cave all by yourself YOU are the only one that is going to suffer as a result of their being judgmental. Don't let it happen. You are the person primarily responsible for making sure that you have a reasonably happy and satisfied life so throw that garbage and head trips out and get on with it! If you have read some of my older posts about my life you will know that in this case I know exactly what I'm talking about and speak from experience. :-)

Emily Ann Brown
08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Bottom line Misty is you HAVE to get to the point where you like yourself and don't care what others think. It's the same for people who are overweight, or "too tall" or whatever. Once your "worth" doesn't come from what others think then you can grow and be comfortable with who you are.

Emily Ann

Misty
08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
There IS a time and place for thinking and for introspection, but do you know what one of the things I have learned is? You can think TOO darn much. You can spend TOO much time on self examination and introspection and becomes like a feedback loop that gets out of control.
You are concerned or worried about something, so you of course consider and think about it.
The more you think about it, the more you worry about it.
The more you worry about . . . AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! . . . and the amplifier (in this case your brain) starts to make that loud and painful squealing noise.
So you have been judged and now you've thought about it - now cut it out. Don't dwell on it. So you have been judged, that is normal. TG, Gay, "normal", what ever, we are all judged. If you let this drive you into a cave all by yourself YOU are the only one that is going to suffer as a result of their being judgmental. Don't let it happen. You are the person primarily responsible for making sure that you have a reasonably happy and satisfied life so throw that garbage and head trips out and get on with it! If you have read some of my older posts about my life you will know that in this case I know exactly what I'm talking about and speak from experience. :-)

other people i'm not really brotherd about it's mainly people i've known for 7 year's and my family allthough i'm thinking about just leaveing the city and not tell them where i'm going and just start a new life make new friend's

Misty
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Bottom line Misty is you HAVE to get to the point where you like yourself and don't care what others think. It's the same for people who are overweight, or "too tall" or whatever. Once your "worth" doesn't come from what others think then you can grow and be comfortable with who you are.

Emily Ann

i'm about to not care anymore exp. after what my dad said i'm going to dress comp. fem. next time i see him that way i can just get it over with and not worry about keeping myself hidden beside's i'm over 18 now plus i live on my own so it's my own life