PDA

View Full Version : Question

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 07:50 AM
To start with I'm not trying to offend anyone. This is my view and am open to positive constructive criticism. I am a part time CD. I do it because at time I feel like I was suppose to be a woman. Some of my mannerisms are very fem all the time, I also question my body wondering why I have the parts I do. Around 70 percent of the time I wished I had the "proper parts". I am out to a few people I know and have been out in public a few times.

Now to the real reason for my post.
I maybe wrong but the people who dress like little girls "sissy" is more of a sexual "perversion" appose to satisfying a deep mental feeling/urge? Being that 99% of GGs never dressed like that in the first place. To me its like it should be a different group.

Now as I said I may be wrong and am open to constructive criticism. Please no bashing.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-31-2007, 08:10 AM
You have a valid opinion. Me, I dress in a very normal, mostly casual femme mode. It's who I am even though I would not change my body. I do understand why that is necessary for some but it would be the WRONG thing for me. I am man enough to accept the woman I need to be and woman enough to realize that I can't do without the man I was born. For some that is enough. For the rest there is SRS.

Charlene Ogden
08-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey Courtney,
From reading so many posts on here I believe that there are many different motivations for dressing. I don't believe that you can draw a line in the sand and say someone is necessarily and completely motivated by one reason or another 100%.
I think it's a combination of different factors. I, for one, was initially motivated to dress for sexual reasons early on by my dominatrix. As the years progressed, my motivation grew less sexual and more from a need to express my feminine side. I love looking at women's clothes and love the way I look in female clothes.
I also find it offensive to say that people like myself are perverts. I believe a pervert is someone who sexually intrudes on the privacy or rights of others. If you simply dress, you are not sexually harming anyone.
As far as my personality, I am a confident man with a feminine side as some have described me. I exhibit female tendencies, not mannerisms, as a male.
I'm happy being a male and do not want to become a woman. If I were a genetic woman, I believe I would be just as happy.
I don't dress because I want to be a woman but rather because I want to express my feminine side. I love women, the way they look and how many dress. My motivation to dress is minimally sexual, but I, like you, put on my pantyhose one leg at a time. We share a common bond. We are also relatively few, though some may argue the stats on that, and need a support family.
We can all learn from each other. As long as we are not overstepping our boundaries and invading the privacy of others, we should all be allowed to be on this web site.
We are ALL different in our motivations to dress but I don't think we need to be DIVIDED by different web sites. We should be united by our common thread, pun intended :-)

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I never said you were a pervert. I said Perversion,

"Perversion is a term and concept describing those types of human behavior that are perceived to be a deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal"

so by definition we are all perverts.

I was not clear enough I did not mean not to be aloud on the site never my intentions. I was more referencing the over all naming I guess you could say, Although I guess there already is Transvestite appose to Transsexual.

Main Entry: trans·ves·tite
: a person and especially a male who adopts the dress and often the behavior typical of the opposite sex especially for purposes of emotional or sexual gratification

Main Entry: trans·sex·u·al
: a person who strongly identifies with the opposite sex and MAY seek to live as a member of this sex especially by undergoing surgery and hormone therapy to obtain the necessary physical appearance (as by changing the external sex organs)

Cross-dresser
: the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex

I'm not trying to make any one mad there are just so many different views and double standards. As simple as its ok for a girl to have guys clothing on but if a guy walked down the street in a skirt and heels its instantly not ok, and the "macho" men would harass if not become physical because in their eyes its not manly, we have to beat up guys that are not. In all honestly their afraid we might hit on them and their just homophobic. Even though Most of us love women and everything about them.

I heard a number one time at it was like 80 percent of "trans" men prefer to be with women appose to men.

As I said I'm not trying to make any one mad just a point of view.

Stephenie S
08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I would just be careful of throwing around the "perversion" term, here or anywhere. You have an absolute right to your opinion on allmost any subject. But that's what it is, an opinion. Saying that a particular act is a perversion is a statement of fact. You can say, "Well, I think this is a perversion". And I can say I don't agree with you. And there we are.

But you will find many, many, points of view here. Almost as many as there are members. If you start labeling others as perverts because of a particular style of CDing, or a particular stated reason for CDing, you may get some resistance.

Personally, I don't find sissy dressing to be appealing to me. I don't find dressing as babies appealing either, but there are many who do. And some of them might object to being referred to as perverts.

I know, I know, you defined just the behavior as perverted, but a person who does a perverted act is called a pervert by definition.

Let's leave the perverted label for those who really are perverted. Such as those, like rapists or child molesters, who either by age or physical ability FORCE themselves on others unwilling or unable to defend themselves.

Stephenie

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
per·vert (pr-vûrt)
tr.v. per·vert·ed, per·vert·ing, per·verts
1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt.
2. To bring to a bad or worse condition; debase.
3. To put to a wrong or improper use; misuse. See Synonyms at corrupt.
4. To interpret incorrectly; misconstrue or distort: an analysis that perverts the meaning of the poem.
n. (pûrvûrt)
One who practices sexual perversion.

As I said above perversion is doing something out of the norm. It doesnt say anything about playing with little kids or rapist. the only thing it even says about sex is the last line.

Veronica Fallon
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, I see this as a place where all of us falling under the "TG umbrella" might find something of benefit to/with our personal jender-journeys. But there are other sites specifically for those us who like feeling "sissified". I checked them out before finding this wonderful site, & didn't really identify with their agenda. Maybe some of the girls there will stick with their particular "kink", & maybe some will evolve (for lack of a better word) to feel more comfortable here. It's all good to me!

Hugz,

Veronica

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I did a quick read, and didn't see any offer of this situation, so here I go.

I have recently read a text by a pretty well known Psychologist that tends to support my view on the whole topic of the Transgender Condition. It is that of a continum. We all place on a bell curve that implies that the degree of openness and acceptance, as well as maturity, has to do with the degree of development that we, as transgendered folk, are allowed to experience. Psychologically, it might be that the sissy girls and baby girls are not as emotionally developed in their femme side as others. Perhaps the condition is not as dominant, or they have seriously supressed themselves, and this supression of their condition has only allowed a very early degree of maturity?

Also, and this might get alot of dissent... All of us have the potential to be Transsexual (there are not two distinct or separate groups of Crossdresser and Transsexual,) and the degree that we move to that is one of our personal condition. He believes that we cannot be truly centered, mature and complete unless we are allowed to reach our full potential as females (transsexual/transition.)

If you understand Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, as we accept, we move along to another step of satisfaction and self improvement, then to another level, etc. This would also explain the growing need to do more and more, unless we further supress. For some, this might be scary... no end to the madness. For others, it might be a relief if you understand where this is going, you can either deal with it, or let it happen. For another group (some elitist TS's,) it might be a downer, because they are not different. For this last group, let me suggest that you are further along the path? Help those who are not. We are all sisters. Don't burn your bridges.

Here is the article...

http://www.transgendercare.com/guidance/what_is_gender.htm

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
I did a quick read, and didn't see any offer of this situation, so here I go.

I have recently read a text by a pretty well known Psychologist that tends to support my view on the whole topic of the Transgender Condition. It is that of a continum. We all place on a bell curve that implies that the degree of openness and acceptance, as well as maturity, has to do with the degree of development that we, as transgendered folk, are allowed to experience. Psychologically, it might be that the sissy girls and baby girls are not as emotionally developed in their femme side as others. Perhaps the condition is not as dominant, or they have seriously supressed themselves, and this supression of their condition has only allowed a very early degree of maturity?

Also, and this might get alot of dissent... All of us have the potential to be Transsexual (there are not two distinct or separate groups of Crossdresser and Transsexual,) and the degree that we move to that is one of our personal condition. He relates that he believes that we cannot be truly centered, mature and complete unless we are allowed to reach our full potential as females (transsexual/transition.)

If you understand Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, as we accept, we move along to another step of satisfaction and self improvement, then to another level, etc. This would also explain the groweing need to do more and more, unless we further supress. For some, this might be scary... no end to the madness. For others, it might be a relief if you understand where this is going, you can either deal with it, or let it happen. For another group (some elitist TS's,) it might be a downer, because they are not different. For the latter group, let me suggest that you are further along the path? Help those who are not.

Here is the article...

http://www.transgendercare.com/guidance/what_is_gender.htm

Thank you that is along the lines I was looking to get.

Toyah
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I am sorry you arewrong full stop to pick one part of CDing and say its a perversion. That term is hated by most here and yet once again someone comes up with the term
So what if dressing is sexual does that make it bad errrrrr no!!!!!! what about those with body hair or beards ya going to have a go at them as well ??????. Are you going to have a go at those that dont feel fem even when dressed???? How about those who just wear pantys??. Are you going to get at those that dont like makeup ??? like high heels ??? those that are overweight ??? underweight

Sheesh you said you did not want to be proved wrong well OK
How many women wear stockings ?????
How many women only wear skirts and dresses ???
How many women always wear makeup ???
How many women wear wigs???

And yet most who think of themselves as women do exactly this sheesh

Accept that your narrow minded view of what is "RIGHT "is doing no one including yourself any good at all
:thumbsdn: to you and your kind

Stephenie S
08-31-2007, 10:53 AM
per·vert (pr-vûrt)
tr.v. per·vert·ed, per·vert·ing, per·verts
1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt.
2. To bring to a bad or worse condition; debase.
3. To put to a wrong or improper use; misuse. See Synonyms at corrupt.
4. To interpret incorrectly; misconstrue or distort: an analysis that perverts the meaning of the poem.
n. (pûrvûrt)
One who practices sexual perversion.

As I said above perversion is doing something out of the norm. It doesnt say anything about playing with little kids or rapist. the only thing it even says about sex is the last line.

Don't quite know what you are trying to prove here. You are using a term in it's non-sexual definition to aply to a sexual act.

However:

What makes dressing as a sissy "turning away from what is right, proper, and good"?

What makes dressing as a sissy "to bring to a bad or worse condition"?

What makes dressing as a sissy "to put to wrong or improper use"?

And how is dressing as a sissy "practicing sexual perversion"?

Perversion has a definate negative connotation in modern American usage. Everyone knows what you mean when you say perversion, and we know you aren't talking about poetry.

I'm just pointing out that most people here will bristle at being labled as perverts.

I'm done.

Stephie

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Never once did I say I did not want to be proved wrong. And as for the term I have given the definition several times already. PER THE DEFANATION WE ALL ARE PEVERTS. The term started

"Before the 20th century, the term usually meant religious perversion, i.e., changing one's religion to an erroneous one. In that sense, who was considered a pervert always depended on one's point of view."

So get your panties out of a bunch about the term it is what it is. I like to think I'm an open minded person. Never did i say they could not do what they wanted. They can do as they please. I was just referencing the general shoehorning of everyone in to one group when in all honestly its not.

Many in the gay, les, community don't even like the trans to be grouped with them let alone bi.

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
The use of perversion is the proper term. It just states being different than the norm.

NO I NEVER SAID YOU PEVERTS NEED TO STOP PLAYING WITH LITTLE KIDS AND YOU NEED TO STOP RAPEING WOMEN. SO I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Toyah
08-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Never once did I say I did not want to be proved wrong. And as for the term I have given the definition several times already. PER THE DEFANATION WE ALL ARE PEVERTS. The term started

"Before the 20th century, the term usually meant religious perversion, i.e., changing one's religion to an erroneous one. In that sense, who was considered a pervert always depended on one's point of view."

So get your panties out of a bunch about the term it is what it is. I like to think I'm an open minded person. Never did i say they could not do what they wanted. They can do as they please. I was just referencing the general shoehorning of everyone in to one group when in all honestly its not.

Many in the gay, les, community don't even like the trans to be grouped with them let alone bi.

So should we kick everyone off the forum who doesnt fit in with your ideals ???

Amy
08-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry but I'm with Stephie on this one. You can't call someone a pervert and then try to pass it off as some nice word. "How are today, pervert? Lovely day we're having. Oh, don't be offended I'm a prevert too. We're all perverts isn't it grand!"
I've never worn anything sissy but really I don't see any it as any wierder than what I do wear. If it is sexual thing than that's between the wearer and their partner. But it very well may not be it could be just what they think looks cool. Some people like dressing up like Sailormoon is that perverted?
I think there is a tendancy to say 'well I may be sick but I'm not as sick as that sick ******* over there.'
And another thing I really don't like this idea that we all have a perpencity to become transexuals. If we are all just at different pionts of the exalator to sexual reasignment then I'd like to get off now.

tracigirl_tv
08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
The use of perversion is the proper term. It just states being different than the norm....

Yes, that is the literal definition, as you have stated Courtney. However, there is an undeniable negative connotation to the word "perversion" for many people, regardless of what it says in Websters.

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
If you would read everything I never said kick any one off the forum. You know if everyone's POV is a pervert instantly has to be a bad person then you are all the closed mined people. We all live out side the "norm".

Also example Ghetto. Was once used to describe where the immigrants lived and grouped together. The Irish, Polish, Italian's, etc now its instantly a bad part of town.

Karren H
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
And you brought this to everyones attention because..........??

I don't quite understand why your even making the statement... What ever anyones motivation is, is their own business.... IMHO

Karren

Toyah
08-31-2007, 11:34 AM
If you would read everything I never said kick any one off the forum. You know if everyone's POV is a pervert instantly has to be a bad person then you are all the closed mined people. We all live out side the "norm".

Also example Ghetto. Was once used to describe where the immigrants lived and grouped together. The Irish, Polish, Italian's, etc now its instantly a bad part of town.

So WTF did you put the bloody stupid question for in the first place ???

Minerva Morgan
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
I am definitely unfamiliar with the motivation for men dressing as pre-pubescent girls. But. I have noticed that in some cases the dressing appears to be complimented with accessories such as 'girly' bedrooms, stuffed toys, etc. Also, that the clothing is hardly 'everyday' even for young girls. Rather it is a tendency towards frilliness, pinkness, glitter and (if you will) prettiness. This seems someone elaborate for someone who might be suspected of paedophilia.
I suspect that it is a fascination with a lifestyle usually inaccessible to boys. A lightness, sweetness and innocence; surrounded by pretty things and without serious cares or obligations. If this is the case, then the objectives are not dishonourable; even if difficult to understand.
At the risk of being hammered yet again, it is my thought that a MtF cross-dresser does not require make-up, inserts and clothing that is female-specific to be feminine. In fact, it appears to me that most birth-females do not bother with these things. One thing that appears to anger women is the statement that they wear male clothing all the time. This they vehemently deny; but I am afraid that trousers and T-shirts, regardless of how pink or frilly, are not particularly feminine without covering a distinctly feminine form.
So, why do cross-dressers dress in time-consuming (sometimes punitive) clothing, make-up, accessories, uncomfortable (Spanish Inquistion level III) shoes, etc.? Why do women? Or anyone? A major reason for this effort is to be attractive; to be pretty. If someone dresses as a young girl, because that is what they think is pretty; it seems reasonable as far as that goes.
Of course, my interpretation of their motives may be totally incorrect and is based on the most casual of observations. But the focus appears to be on a rather innocent girliness as a personal definition of beauty.

Minerva

Amy
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh my goodness, I can not believe you are not getting this. Here is a word

Connotation:
noun,
an idea or feeling that a word invokes person in addition to it's literal or primary meaning.

It's not a nice word! Stop pertending it is.

Sugar
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
my :2c:is...
Perversion is in the eye of the beholder in regards to the topic of this thread and this forum in general. I also think that most of the questions and comments posted her should be taken with a granule of sugar...or grain of salt. Salt really stings when it gets in a wound and I've been ducking all the spears flying around.:eek:

sugar

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
So WTF did you put the bloody stupid question for in the first place ???

I was looking for educated in-site.

Thank you Minerva Morgan for your educated in-site

Marcie Sexton
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
To each their own, so long as there is no harm to any one...

Marla S
08-31-2007, 12:18 PM
I maybe wrong but the people who dress like little girls "sissy" is more of a sexual "perversion" appose to satisfying a deep mental feeling/urge? Being that 99% of GGs never dressed like that in the first place. To me its like it should be a different group.

Problem with this kind of question is:

GGs live their live 24/7 for years and decades, and neither have a completely free choice of the style, nor of the time , nor of the motivation for their kind of dressing.

A CD ( at least closeted or part time CDs) lives in kind of an artificial world which is not comparable to that of a 'full time' GG, because it is far more restricted in some aspects, but also far less restricted in others.

This makes almost any speculation about the motivation of a CD (sissy or not) in comparison to GGs pointless.

What qualifies as 'perversion' or as a 'deep mental feeling' would become more clear IMO only when the respective persons live it 24/7 for at least one year or two.

Otherwise it might only be two different approaches based on the same motivation ... impossible to say what is what or if there is a difference in the underlying reason or not.

We'll never know as long the life of a CD is usually 'distorted' by outer restrictions that prevent a 'normal' development of the 'perversion' or 'deep mental feeling'.

Elsbeth
08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
[snip]

Now as I said I may be wrong and am open to constructive criticism. Please no bashing.

Ok, so you say we are all perverted but want to know if being "sissy" is more perverted than your normal perversion? Like where on a scale of perversion it falls compared to yours?

I think your basic premise is faulty. I think we are talking types here not degrees. And I don't think any of the forms of CDing are inherently perverted myself. I think we (CDers) fall within the normal range of human behavior but with somewhat atypical manifestations. It is not pathological it is unusual. There is a difference.

I have no insight into "sissy" behavior so I'm not going to judge it. I just know it is different than what I am interested in.

I'm not bashing here, but your basic question comes of as judgmental - and I think many here are a bit put off by that. Just my $.02.

El

Kris
08-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey ~

I just want to say that pervert or perversion has one definition in the dictionary - and is socially used for something else..

A prime example is the word FAMILY look it up..

Initially it meant.. the NUMBER OF SLAVES A MAN OWNS

Now, how many of us have said, I love my family and we are talking about the people that live in our homes who we have a genetic or adopted tie to?

Does the majority of Americans know this definition, NO - why? Because we have changed the definition to an accepted use and we all know what it means.

Please be careful of your words and the SOCIAL meaning of them because stating a dictionary isn't always accurate of how it will be taken.

In England FAGS are cigarettes, here.. it's a bundle of wood for burning = social definition - homosexual males who society wants to BURN..........very derogative.

The list goes on and on......
Do you see my point?

Kris :hugs:

Trinni
08-31-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but since I don't get to dress up very often, I go as sexy as I can get. Also I find it is cheaper and easier to buy those clothes. It can look more like a gift than to spend big bucks on a dress suit or even nice womens casual clothes.

Ruth
08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow you really stirred it up. It's interesting that though we all engage in practices that may well be considered abnormal by the world at large, we still seem to maintain our own prejudices about what is far enough and what is too far.
Personally I have no interest in the "sissy" lifestyle but that's all it is, another lifestyle. It's no more a perversion than golf is. (That'll probably raise some hackles.)
Just get on and enjoy what you do, my dear. Don't worry about the others.

MarinaTwelve200
08-31-2007, 05:22 PM
To start with I'm not trying to offend anyone. This is my view and am open to positive constructive criticism. I am a part time CD. I do it because at time I feel like I was suppose to be a woman. Some of my mannerisms are very fem all the time, I also question my body wondering why I have the parts I do. Around 70 percent of the time I wished I had the "proper parts". I am out to a few people I know and have been out in public a few times.

The "little girl" thing sorta puzzles me too, as it seems to forego all the elememts of CDing that we CDers enjoy. No sexy clothing, no high heels no boobs or womanly shape and no makeup---I mean what's left? How can they have fun?

Im thinking we are not looking at gender or sexuality so much in these cases but perhaps a purer form of humiliation. In Sado/Masochist terms, a woman has less status than a man and is more socially and physically "vulnerable". A Little Girl has even LESS "status" and is at the mercy of everyone. Perhaps it is the sense of low status, high vulnerability, helplessness---which is the SM driving force in the 'little girl" thing. Being a SM variant rather than a kind of CD.

Nicole42
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm with Ruth on this one. I still am not sure about the reason for this post. If someone has the body and desire to wear a certain type of clothes and act a certain way, I for one am not going to judge them. Just be happy and do what you want as long as you dont hurt others!

Kate Simmons
08-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Huh?

JULIE33362
08-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Courtney,
From reading so many posts on here I believe that there are many different motivations for dressing. I don't believe that you can draw a line in the sand and say someone is necessarily and completely motivated by one reason or another 100%.
I think it's a combination of different factors. I, for one, was initially motivated to dress for sexual reasons early on by my dominatrix. As the years progressed, my motivation grew less sexual and more from a need to express my feminine side. I love looking at women's clothes and love the way I look in female clothes.
I also find it offensive to say that people like myself are perverts. I believe a pervert is someone who sexually intrudes on the privacy or rights of others. If you simply dress, you are not sexually harming anyone.
As far as my personality, I am a confident man with a feminine side as some have described me. I exhibit female tendencies, not mannerisms, as a male.
I'm happy being a male and do not want to become a woman. If I were a genetic woman, I believe I would be just as happy.
I don't dress because I want to be a woman but rather because I want to express my feminine side. I love women, the way they look and how many dress. My motivation to dress is minimally sexual, but I, like you, put on my pantyhose one leg at a time. We share a common bond. We are also relatively few, though some may argue the stats on that, and need a support family.
We can all learn from each other. As long as we are not overstepping our boundaries and invading the privacy of others, we should all be allowed to be on this web site.
We are ALL different in our motivations to dress but I don't think we need to be DIVIDED by different web sites. We should be united by our common thread, pun intended :-)
WELL SAID THANHS

Rachel Morley
08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
You choice of words to describe LG activity was IMHO poor. I agree with the others, technically, "perversion" is a deviation from what is generally considered the norm (as per the dictionary) but people don't think of words as per the dictionary they think of them as their social meaning. So to quote your own comments, yes, in that case we are all perverts because CDing is not exactly mainstream.

My point is, to want to talk candidly and openly about CDing variances and then using the word "perversion" on a CDing forum is just asking for trouble. Anyway, what's wrong with LG? Its just a different (perhaps more extreme) way of being a girly girl isn't it? What's wrong with that? What people do in the privacy of their own home is their business.

Amy
08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
You know, I never really did before but after reading this thread. I kind of wait to wear a little frilly girly girl dress. Anybody know were I can get one prefeably pink with lots of frills and junk.

Charlene Ogden
08-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Julie,
I appreciate the support and kind words.
The words " divide and conquer" are the hallmark of any enemy. Now I'm NOT saying that Courtney is an enemy, please don't get me wrong. But why should we be our own enemy and divide ourselves and draw lines. That's at the root of many of our world's problems. I'm different than you.....
Let people BE!! Yes, there are differences but so what?
What's the point in pointing out the differences?
It's like saying, " that's a table and that's a chair". Duh, we all can see that!!! But tables and chairs go together in a room and help make the room more suitable as a gathering environment for a family. Our CD family.:-) Ta Da :-)

LilSissyStevie
08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm a sissy:cute:. If you gotta problem with that, let's take it outside!!:Angry3: I gotcher perversion right heah!:cool:

:bye:

sissystephanie
08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks Julie,
I appreciate the support and kind words.
The words " divide and conquer" are the hallmark of any enemy. Now I'm NOT saying that Courtney is an enemy, please don't get me wrong. But why should we be our own enemy and divide ourselves and draw lines. That's at the root of many of our world's problems. I'm different than you.....
Let people BE!! Yes, there are differences but so what?
What's the point in pointing out the differences?
It's like saying, " that's a table and that's a chair". Duh, we all can see that!!! But tables and chairs go together in a room and help make the room more suitable as a gathering environment for a family. Our CD family.:-) Ta Da :-)

Extremely well said, Charlene. Now if only we can convince the others here to think along the same lines. Some of us like to have big, and I do mean big, bosoms! Is that a perversion that should be banned? What about short skirts as opposed to long skirts? Might get Karren going on that! Oh, thats right, she is opposed to jeans. Separate group for jean wearers?

We are CD's, nothing more and nothing less. As Charlene so eloquently put it, we are a family! Lets be one!:love:

BTW, the only thing that CD's and Transexuals have in common is the desire to wear feminine clothing. Transsexuals want to be females, most CD's want to be males who wear female clothing. Check the mainstream Psychology textbooks!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

CourtneyinTaylor
09-01-2007, 02:44 AM
I just want to restate I never said any one should be banned. Also I have no problem with what people do in their own houses hotel rooms or where ever they want to do it.

But did everyone see how quickly this became an attack on a "fellow" sister just because of a statement. There were a handful of wonderful answers that I was looking for. Then there were some I defiantly was not.

But I hope it open everyones eyes to how quickly something can get off topic, I was looking for a little insight on the "sissy" lifestyle and others views of it, and we began to give Semantics lessons.

One last time I never meant to offend any one I never said I want people banned nor that I have a problem with what you do. As for this topic I am done if you want to leave positive feed back or a deeper line of thought please email me.

Thank you and good night

eleventhdr
09-01-2007, 04:02 AM
the reason that some of us mlae cd's do want to dress in little girl's clothing and or sissy fashion's is because we have finally discoverd that what we really have alway's wanted to be and do was to have been born as girl's and to have then grwon up in girlhood from the very beginning i think that a lot of us male's do really have always really wantd this thus we do finally discover the little girl world and embrace it and want to play with little gilr cloth's just as well as regular female clothing still does appeal to us sometime just as well but we do like playing and trying to become little girl's and or sissy type boy's that is not to say that we also would sometime's like to be tomboy's just as well we do have oh so many option's and way's to explore femininty it is not just limited to being a grwon up cd at all so for those of you out there who have discoverd this aspect of cding then more power to you for you just might know a little more about trying to be a girl from the start which is kind of what being an lg and or sissy is really all about hmmm oh well at least this is how i do see it and why i want to dress in little girl or sissy clothing as well anyway i am open to hear from more of you lg's and sissy boy's out ther is this how you do feel about it let's hear from you alright i am an lg and kind of sissy myself so please do not put me down just because i want to dress like this sometime's Thank's once again Suzy Ann!

Sally24
09-01-2007, 06:22 AM
But did everyone see how quickly this became an attack on a "fellow" sister just because of a statement. I hope it open everyones eyes to how quickly something can get off topic, I was looking for a little insight on the "sissy" lifestyle and others views of it, and we began to give Semantics lessons.

Since all we can go by is the words you use and how you use them, that is not off topic. You may have meant well but reread your original post and you'll see what everyone else saw. Your condition came from a "deep mental feeling/urge" but Sissys is a "sexual perversion" (your words). How did you think that wasn't going to be non-constructive?

If you wanted some understanding of the Sissy girls then just ask! Let's restart this thread the way it should have been started.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question

People who dress like little girls "sissy" are hard for me to understand, being that GGs never dressed like that in the first place. Is it mostly an erotic thing or are you trying to be like a little girl that you were never allowed to be? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what your motivation or goal in this is.

Please help me understand this. Thanks!

TxKimberly
09-01-2007, 07:53 AM
I see others before me have said much the same but I want to lend my support. There are enough divisions and seperations in the world - I wouldn't want to add more in our little TG family. Lets see, what have we got so far:
Transgender, cross dresser, Transexual, drag queen, gay cross dresser, Hetro Cross Dresser, on, and on, and on.
If we start excluding each other, then we have no right to ask others to accept us.

Besides, I always wanted one of those cute little dresses with the petticoats! ROFL

Deidra Cowen
09-01-2007, 09:32 AM
So often its a very new member or someone with a very low post count that comes in here and post something thats sure to stir the pot.

I have thought for a long time sure there are some that just frankly don't have a feel for the forum yet or are innocently just a bit low on their social skills...but I think also some trolls come back from bans with new profiles and stir the pot to have fun.

So I will skip my own commentary on the substance of the original post in order not to feed the fire of either just a rude offensive post...or an attempt to whip us 'crazies' into a little forum storm. :devil:

Kaitlyn Michele
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
courtney..it's simple

pervert and perversion are words that have negative connotations...no amount of wordsmithing and dictionary definitions can change that..

you know this...we ALL know this...

so your use of the word means that you meant to leave that negative vibe

i am live and let live and that includes you having that opinion
i had a woman ask me it would freak me out if she wore baby clothes and diapers.. i said maybe but if it works for you then go for it.... so you can have it both ways but don't deny that your own biases..

so good luck to you in your "non-perverted" dressing activities

Veronica 1
09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
But, what is "normal"? Normal for me is panties and heels but that is only my defination and it is definately not for everyone.

kendra o'riley
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Cara!
Thx - the article was enlightening! Pun intended!
kendra

kaelie
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Courtney (great name, btw), Context is everything. My dictionary & thesaurus says:

perversion/noun: the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended • sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable.

perverse/adjective: (of a person or their actions) showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences.

Thesaurus
perversion: noun: 1) a twisted perversion of the truth; distortion, misrepresentation, falsification, travesty, misinterpretation, misconstruction, twisting, corruption, subversion, misuse, misapplication, debasement. 2) sexual perversion; deviance, abnormality; depravity, degeneracy, debauchery, corruption, vice, wickedness, immorality.

Your supposition is that the desire to dress "sissy" is a strictly sexual thing. In the context of sexual things, "perversion" is a loaded term. The benign, clinical use of the word describing a simple alteration of state is not found in (to use your terms) in 99% of people's vocabulary. They are aware of and use the word in it's most negative context, so I'd certainly expect a strong reaction to your post simply because of the way you presented your "question."

That said, I don't agree with the supposition. I'd bet that most GG's (not 99%, though) have been "into" the sissy thing at some level, for some length of time, at some stage in their feminine development. Society imposes a strong influence on little girls and boys to conform with it's norm's. The desire to be accepted, when we are young and naive, conspires with society to imprint and reinforce these norm's. Being affected by this process, we are denied many emotionally fulfilling means of self expression. So, while there are certainly some sissies who are strictly sexually motivated, I'm sure there is a strong underlying emotional need in most to experience and or express something missed or denied at an earlier time in life.

Emotional needs and sexuality are knotted together in untold and unimaginable ways.

Every human being has a need to express, in some way, who they are. Society is accepting of some of these expressions, and not of others. When I walk down the street I see many strange presentations that make me wonder about the self-images that people have. What, for example, makes an intelligent "educator" grow a mustache and goatee, stick a pipe in his mouth and walk around in a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches? Personally, I find this presentation as silly as it gets, but society accepts this man's image of himself and his ridiculous need to express it. If it were otherwise, he might have to dress-up in the bathroom and look in the mirror for emotional fulfillment, and whether he masturbated while doing so or not, we would call his need to express in this way a perversion...

Don't fool yourself into believing that there's not a sexual component to every "type" of crossdressing - no less so than emotional needs of those within the "sissy perversion." Intended or otherwise, efforts to stratify or group derivations within the whole spectra of crossdressing is no less marginalizing than the strange view that something as benign as wearing panties (let alone capri pants and strappy heels :heehee:) is a sexual perversion, i.e. "immoral." We must try to get past the tendency to embrace group identification (even in the macro sense) to feel right about who we are. Until we do, we will continue to reinforce the very thinking that prevents most of us from expressing our true individuality.

Stephenie S
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
The use of perversion is the proper term. It just states being different than the norm.

NO I NEVER SAID YOU PEVERTS NEED TO STOP PLAYING WITH LITTLE KIDS AND YOU NEED TO STOP RAPEING WOMEN. SO I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

On the contrary, Courtney, I know exactly what you are talking about. You just brought it up in a very negative manner. As I said before, throwing around terms like perversion on a forum like this is sure to ruffle some feathers.

We all consider CDing to be a perfectly harmless persuit, engaged in by far more than you seem to imagine. Are we perverts? No thank you, dear. Not at all. We are fine, responsible, upstanding, moral, members of society.

Please take your accusations of perversion somewhere else.

If you would like to talk politely about sissy dressing or infantilism we could probably do that too. But those who engage in these activities will be just as upset with you for callling THEM perverts as we CDers are at you for calling US perverts.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Marla S
09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I think it's best we talk solely about panties.:rolleyes:

Veronica 1
09-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I think it's best we talk solely about panties.:rolleyes:

I agree, tight, pink and lacey, drool, drool, drool.
Opps, am I being perverted?:D

battybattybats
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Hmm..
As someone with a slight knowledge of Linguistics (a family member did honors in the subject and I picked up a bit while proof reading all their stuff) I should say something on this.

Language has variable meaning.. it's strict dictionary meaning is often not its general meaning and everyone has a different understanding of what any one word means. This isn't always a good thing as it makes communication difficult and, as meaning shifts with time it makes understanding historical texts more difficult. 'Cult' used to just mean religion, 'idiot' meant genius and 'thing' was a parliament. The attachment of negative emotion to a word has long been part of that meaning change.

Now the field of psycho-linguistics was noticed by people in politics and advertising which lead to a great deal of deliberate attempts to form associations in the public eye.. brand name awareness, catch-phrases etc. The 'demonisation' of names and words is especially popular amongst political groups.

That's why some advocate the reclaiming of words, a reforming process taking away the negative assosiations by choosing to use words that have been demonised in a positive way. You can see this with some in the gay community referring to themselves as faggots, blacks calling themselves niggers and plenty of other examples.

For those wanting more information looking up psycho-linguistics, neuro-linguistic programming, propaganda and advertising, some of the works of Noam Chomsky on politics and language and of course George Orwells book 1984 might lead them to some interesting stuff.

Charlene Ogden
09-02-2007, 12:14 AM
....Oh yea....and what's this I hear about your TPS reports??? :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. ....any Office Space fans out there??

BarbaraTalbot
09-02-2007, 12:36 AM
hmmmmm.

Semantics and really the thought behind the word aside...

I have no interest myself in LG type of dressing as far as the articles of clothing or what I perceive the mindset to be.

I, however, think that if one were to pick two camps: One is the truly transsexual, the girls placed by God in the wrong little body at birth for lack of a simpler way of putting it, and Two is crossdressing for fun, kicks, some odd fetish of some flavor, I would have to say myself I think I am in Camp Two.

This doesn't make Camp One (I think of as more TS) better, more noble or worthy of respect and helped with their self acceptance issues. It doesn't mean that I feel perverted because some aspects of others reactions and experiences with dressing isn't appealing to me.

If I get what you are asking is, would those with less conventional expressions, more outlandish and fetish-like manifestations of their crossdressing be less likely to be "simply transsexual" in the pure sense. Then yes, a person dressing as you described I would think are presenting in a way that makes me think they are less concerned with 'being' female as much as 'dressing' in a way that happens to be female.

There are so many permutations though that it just isn't reliable. Some are very conservative in appearance, but it has a strong sexual component for them. Some are just sexy girls trapped in male bodies, who is to say which is which? I think even the CD/TX him/herself don't really always have a good handle on themselves and their desires and motivations.

I don't have much experience fully dressing but I am learning and growing (in my own growth pattern) towards a more passable conservative look. But I really don't feel like a girl while doing it.

and on a lighter note: Amy you crack me up.

You know, I never really did before but after reading this thread. I kind of wait to wear a little frilly girly girl dress. Anybody know were I can get one prefeably pink with lots of frills and junk.

I think I saw something like that at the thrift store where I got the dress from my latest pictures. You want me to check next time I'm in?

and then I read this gem. (I had wanted to post BEFORE I read what was sounding like a inflamed thread)

BTW, the only thing that CD's and Transexuals have in common is the desire to wear feminine clothing. Transsexuals want to be females, most CD's want to be males who wear female clothing.

I am seriously thinking of editing my long winded post to say ~what he said!~

I agree, tight, pink and lacey, drool, drool, drool.
Opps, am I being perverted?:D

ONLY it it has the ruffles across the entire rear.