PDA

View Full Version : Try out your best looks!!! You will look great!

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
IF you haven't tried this, you will absolutely love it!

http://makeovers.ivillage.com/

Choose the Makeover-O-Matic. (I think you will have to register, first. No worries.)

Consider this a way for you to get the very best look you can, without spending tons of dough on wigs, makeup, etc. to experiment.

Some recommendations about uploading your own photo... While you can load a photo of you with makeup, hair, etc., it's probably better that you do not. Put on a good foundation to mask your shadow, slick your hair back, face the camera, (chin up!) head straight and shoot in good, natural light (no flash!) Oh yes... Smile!!!!

The program will do the rest. I would really like to see what you come up with! Can we post pics here???

PS, my signature photo below was created here... (Yes, I think it's cheating too, but a girl must look her best in public, and this IS public. Consider it my spirit peaking out.) I don't feel too badly about a photoshopped photo, as my profile photo is quite nice and NOT photoshopped, thank you very much!

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I really thought you girls would jump on this... So I want to move it to the top, as everyone is getting really chatty today and it got buried, very fast... Maybe it's been posted before?

If so, I apologize for dragging up old business...

Dawn D.
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Hello Cara, I intend to try this as soon as time permits. Thanks for the info!

Dawn

Karren H
08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Lol... After a few times I found virtual makeovers got old.. Except for the Simpsonizer!! Lol. And I'd rather use makeup and do it myself anyway... A lot more fun and the effect doesn't go away when you turn of the PC.. Lol

But thanks anyway...

Karren

Veronica Fallon
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
I plan to check it out soon sis!
It does sound fun to me. Plus, being a lil' on the poor side right now, it might help me save a few precious dollars from impulsive, "pink fog" purchases! :heehee:
I'll be curious to see if we're able to save & keep the images we create there.
If I show up here looking like Dolly Parton you'll know I got a lil' too carried away with it :silly:!

Hugz-N-Stuff,

Veronica

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I am nursing this thread along, because I think that many of us are closeted, or need a chance to see what is really possible!

What I did was to get an image I really liked, then did a screen capture of it, than pasted into a drawing program so that I could save it.

They also allow you to send it to someone, so I guess you could send it to yourself? I think this might just be a link to their site, though.

Anyway, if you do this, and get one you really like, better save it somehow. They clear it off, after a while, like a week.

I plan to check it out soon sis!
It does sound fun to me. Plus, being a lil' on the poor side right now, it might help me save a few precious dollars from impulsive, "pink fog" purchases! :heehee:
I'll be curious to see if we're able to save & keep the images we create there.
If I show up here looking like Dolly Parton you'll know I got a lil' too carried away with it :silly:!

Hugz-N-Stuff,

Veronica

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 12:08 PM
At the risk of making it appear that I am "voting for myself," by posting alot, it's only because I keep thinking of things...

I see that a hundred people have read this, but there are only a couple or replies.

I gotr to thinkiing that it might be because there are 95 people flooding their site, playing with the program! I hope you do, and that you will post the results! I am really curious about what you girls think, and seeing what you "do to yourselves!"

Toyah
08-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Was interested had to join site and thats a no no

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Was interested had to join site and thats a no no

Join the site as Toyah!

kassandra richard
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I joined iVillage a long time ago for the purpose of using the Makeover-O-Matic. But I'm with Karren. Much more fun to play with stuff on my own face. The one advantage is playing with the (somewhat limited) number of hairstyles. It was this that caused me to get my burgundy wig -- the one in my avatar. My profile pic shows a blonde wig that I'm much happier with color wise. Should now break out the blonde that's the twin to the burgundy :)

Kassandra

Cara Allen
08-31-2007, 01:33 PM
I also found that I could try on bunches of different glass styles, which is a problem for me. If I ever get the courage to go out and shamelessly shop, I won't have that problem!

Altema
08-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Cara,

Why should you need courage? I only dream of looking as good as you do - you are gorgeous!

Hugz,

Altema

Brenda Leslie