PDA

View Full Version : crossdressing school day

kaitlin
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Girls, I learned just last night that a town not to far from me called Erin TN has a crossdressing day at there high school. Not only do they allow their students to dress but they encourge it as well! These kids don't have a clue how lucky they are! Do any of ya'll know of this at a school in your area? Maybe they should have an extra credit class on MtF and FtM so they can do it right. (haha) Kaitlin:happy:

Desiree2bababe
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
They had such days in my day but I never had the nerve.

CourtneyinTaylor
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Uasally not taken very seriously. Normaly a guy in a sun dress and tennis shoes, or a girl wearing well normal clothing.

RylieCD
08-31-2007, 09:38 AM
There was a day like that at one of my schools. and as Courtney stated there were a few guys who threw a sundress over their regular cloths. As for the girls I couldn't tell, but (forgive me, I do not mean to offend any one) in todays society the clothing spectrem for GGs is so verse that in any given day in school every one weres jeans, tennis shoes and t shirts, because from what I have been told (and read here) that is what is comfortable to the GG's. I do remeber our english teacher talking to us about TG's that day and how it was not right to promote such a day since it was made fun of, of course everyone made fun of him.

Kris
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
My big boys didn't have such days, because I know my oldest son would have LOVED it and gone all out. Each Halloween he gets all dressed without fail and even wore it to school...

I think that it's a great idea and I would encourage my kids to have massive spirit and go all out.

Nice to see that some schools are making progress!

Kris

Hermione Simpson
08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
oh, how i wish that they had days like that while i was at school over here in the uk

Amy
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I remember back in high school they talked about having one. They called it a criss-cross day. But the idea got shot down. May have some thing to do with my High School being in Utah. We did have a powderpuff football game.

KandisTX
08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Back in my days in school.. the only real opportunities for me to CD at school were during "Spirit Week" when I played a cheerleader at the PowderPuff Football Games, and of course Halloween... ~sighs~ if only I could have been out to more of my GG friends back then... I could have been their living 6 foot Barbie Doll ~giggles~

Kandis:love:

Darlene-VA
08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
When I was in junior high in Toronto we use to have a dress up day, it was great and a lot of fun, I believe it was called Sadie Hawkin's Day

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I wish that they had such days when I was in
school.

cindi

jozee
09-02-2007, 04:52 AM
don't know of any. sadie hawkins day was about girls asking guys to a dance, not about cd'ing. unless she was wearing a suit and tie, how can you tell if a woman is a crossdresser? lots of women like limo drivers, blackjack dealers and even the manager of a hotel in town wear a tuxedo, so that isn't necessarily a clue. would i have dressed? if i tried, id still be in an insane asylum! or dead!:hugs::love::2c:

Becca
09-02-2007, 10:19 AM
One of the fraternities at my college used to have their pledges dress as women for Hell week. I was amazed, and yet far too shy to have ever done that. This was no "sun dress over the jeans" kind of thing either, but blouses, skirts, wigs, undergarments, the whole magilla. The pledges in their sister sorority were tasked with helping them along, and were evaluated on how well they did! Some of fellows vamped through it, but quite a few did not.

This was back in 68-72. Almost all of the women on campus wore skirts or dresses to class routinely. I never did find out why this frat did that, or if there was a back-story of some kind.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

angelfire
09-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Never had that in my highschool, but we did have "Slave Day", where people would volunteer to be auctioned off, and usually a group of girls would chip in and buy a group of guys, or vice-versa.

Once they are purchased, you can do pretty much whatever you want to them. Some girls did dress guys up as girls, other ones just had the guys go around with no shirt and a bra on, and stuff written in lipstick all over them. Made them carry their books to class for them, etc, etc. I never got up the urge to do it, but me and 2 friends almost did.

MarinaTwelve200
09-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I have heard of some shools that have had such days for many years----but have since had it canceled by some ignorant administrator on the grounds that it "Promotes Homosexuality":Angry3:

This confirms what I have said many times on this forum---People learn these CD=Gay myths in grade school---and some never bother to look up what "gay" actually means, and go on beleiving these school locker room myths even into adulthood. :(

stephanie100
09-02-2007, 03:53 PM
oh, how i wish that they had days like that while i was at school over here in the uk
If they did watch sone object and get it stopped:rolleyes:

christiecd
09-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I wish I had that at my school when I was growing up. Although in college, there were a couple projects where I was supposed to play the part of a female, and thus got to dress up in class. (I guess this was my first time dressed up in public.) Too bad I couldn't wear makeup or shave... I didn't want to look TOO obvious that i loved what i was wearing.

christie

Rachel Morley
09-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I have heard of this sort of thing before, but unfortunately it didn't happen when I was at school. BUT .... when I was at school I had a girlfriend who at one time used to live in Singapore. She told me that one day a year they had a crossdressing day too. All the boys wore the girls school uniform and all the girls wore the boys school uniform. It wasn't mandatory but it was strongly encouraged. They even had an extra supply of boys and girls items of uniform in case you couldn't find anyone you size to swap (outer) clothes with. Damm I wish this had happened to me when I was at school. However .... I'm making up for things now! :devil:

Lovely Rita
09-02-2007, 04:19 PM
all I can say is WOW!

makes me want to go back to school.........lol

Alexandria
09-02-2007, 04:41 PM
We had something similar when I was in high school. I never had the courage back then, not so much from embarrassment from friends, but discouragement from strict parents. Plus at the time I was more concerned about playing video games than clothes or grades.

If circumstances were different, I'd dress in such a way I'd be the most popular gal in school ;).

Trinni
09-02-2007, 05:19 PM
My school had a week were everyday was a different type of dress day and none of them were cross dressing. I never took place in any of those type of school activities there. At that school I usually went just to meet up with friends and go get beer and party.:Party2:

angelfire
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
My school had a week were everyday was a different type of dress day and none of them were cross dressing. I never took place in any of those type of school activities there. At that school I usually went just to meet up with friends and go get beer and party.:Party2:

We would have spirit weeks too, but also no crossdressing. There were days like "Crazy hat day" though.

Joy Carter
09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
The spring I was a JR. (68') there was a SR. dress up day. But it was abused by a few and it was banned for my year. Yes and there was some CD's there. More camp than CD really.

Valerie Nicole
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Not too long ago I heard about something similar in my town. There was actually a bit of controversy over it because it took place at a catholic school. This may strike a nerve with a lot of people here, but when I read about what went on, I was against it for several reasons. For one thing, it caused an uproar within that (admittedly small) part of the community. I don't think we can afford the negative attention something like that brings. I also don't think we have a right to force this lifestyle on those who are opposed to it. Just because we would prefer it if they believed something else, doesn't mean we can or should force them to accept us.

This brings me to my next point: trivializing our lifestyle. When you make it into a "fun day" at a school, it becomes little more than something to laugh about. Imagine how this feels to the few students in that school who actually are like us. This is something they probably already have very little understanding of, and now it's nothing more than a matter of entertainment for everyone else. This gets compounded when the religious aspect comes in and the catholics start saying that this day is "wrong" and not something the church supports. If this day had never happened, those poor CDs might not have thought the religion had a strong stance, but the "Crossdressing Day" drew attention to it and forced the church's hand.

And finally there's the sexual aspect. Like it or not, there is often a sexual component to crossdressing, especially in the younger crossdressers. I don't think it is right for schools to allow any sexual activity, no matter how obscure or remote the relationship is between the activity and sex.

Okay...now that I'm done with my all-too-serious rant, I will add that I wish they'd had a day like that when I was in high-school, but I probably never would have had the guts to do it anyway.

Holly
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Valerie, thanks for raising an interesting viewpoint. The way in which is is approached could be crucial to what kind of outcome such an activity could have. If the organization (school) combined the activity with honest discussion of gender diversity and tolerance, the same as happens with ethnic diversity, then such a day could have the desired positive impact. We can only hope.