PDA

View Full Version : Busted at the laundromat

Stephacuse
09-01-2007, 03:11 AM
I've been dieing to go out in public dressed lately however since i'm still living at home i dont get the chance to dress till they're in bed. So at 12 am tonight i decided to finish getting dressed did my makeup and well i didnt really have anywhere to go but i needed my girl clothes washed so off to the laundromat. I figured its 1 am i wont get bothered there. just as the washer stopped a contractor or D.O.T. looking like guy came in trying to get change from the machine but was having trouble i continued to ignore him kinda and try to get my wash into a basket and then i hear "you don't happen to have change for a dollar do you" I was in shock of what to do i didnt even attempt a fem voice answer and said yea......ugh how stupid of me but he didnt seem to care. If i could have made the voice i just wonder what he would have thought.

Dita_B
09-01-2007, 06:44 AM
You were not busted... just put on the spot...So you may want to think about how to react when that happens the next time...

You would be surprised what you can do while remaining silent... Next time just give him the change without uttering a word, or only one word like: "Welcome" in a kind of female voice...

And if I may give you an advise... DON'T venture out alone in the middle of the night, IMHO you are asking for trouble. Go to the Laundromat in daytime when there are lots of other people... I go out all the time but I wouldn't dare doing what you just did...

But what a thrill to go out dressed eh? Once tasted, it's addicting... Good luck on your next trip, and the one after that... You'll get better and better in it, take it from me...been there done that...

:love: Dita.

TxKimberly
09-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Ah! But yet again one of fears came to pass (you were out dressed and got made) and the world did not end. He did not laugh, snear, or treat you poorly so i call this success.

Dita recommends trying not to say anything and I've tried that at first. I think that tends to come across as rude though, and I would rather have someone know they are dealing with a cross dresser and still have a smile on their face and maybe chat with me, than to have them still think they are dealing with a cross dresser but now its one that is rude. It took me several months of going out a lot before I got to this point though. I started just exactly as you describe it - anxious at the thought of talking to anyone, trying to say as little as possible, etc.
These days I just try to talk a bit softer than I do in boy mode. I wouldn't call it a fem voice (pretty sure I couldn't do that even with a pro to give me lessons) but it is softer with as little bass as I can.

Charleen
09-01-2007, 07:39 AM
The good news- you went out, and technically were't busted.
The bad news- A laundramat at 1 A.M.! Alone!
To me that would take more courage then going out dressed!

Rosaliy Lynne
09-01-2007, 10:00 AM
You were not busted... just put on the spot...So you may want to think about how to react when that happens the next time...

You would be surprised what you can do while remaining silent... Next time just give him the change without uttering a word, or only one word like: "Welcome" in a kind of female voice...

And if I may give you an advise... DON'T venture out alone in the middle of the night, IMHO you are asking for trouble. Go to the Laundromat in daytime when there are lots of other people... I go out all the time but I wouldn't dare doing what you just did...

But what a thrill to go out dressed eh? Once tasted, it's addicting... Good luck on your next trip, and the one after that... You'll get better and better in it, take it from me...been there done that...

:love: Dita.

The voice is tricky. Especially on the phone. Most of us will be read on the phone. However I have been read as female several times on the phone and that is a nice thrill.

I don't work too hard at my voice but I do modulate it differently than in male mode. It takes practice to get a good femme voice and I need lots more practice BUT, I usually end up talking when needed.

Ah! But yet again one of fears came to pass (you were out dressed and got made) and the world did not end. He did not laugh, snear, or treat you poorly so i call this success.

Dita recommends trying not to say anything and I've tried that at first. I think that tends to come across as rude though, and I would rather have someone know they are dealing with a cross dresser and still have a smile on their face and maybe chat with me, than to have them still think they are dealing with a cross dresser but now its one that is rude. It took me several months of going out a lot before I got to this point though. I started just exactly as you describe it - anxious at the thought of talking to anyone, trying to say as little as possible, etc.
These days I just try to talk a bit softer than I do in boy mode. I wouldn't call it a fem voice (pretty sure I couldn't do that even with a pro to give me lessons) but it is softer with as little bass as I can.

The laundry room alone at night is a scary place, or can be. The laundry room is across from my apartment here and I used to go there after midnight because it was quiet and no one was around. Then one night as I went to the laundry room to change the wash to the dryer, this guy followed me to check me out. Now I am nervous. As I made my way back up the stairs to my apartment, 3 guys started toward me and that scared the livin (*&% outa me. Luckily I got in without a problem BUT I learned something many GG's already know. It is dangerous being a girl alone at night. It is worse for US though as there are still a great many trouble makers out there would would kill any one of us without a thought for being a guy dressed as a girl. That makes us even more vulnerable than any genetic girl.

Having said that though, I have, once or twice, walked to my local walmart at 2am. I stick to well lit areas, walk with confidence and remain fully aware of everything around me.

All I can say is what others have or will say. Be careful.