PDA

View Full Version : That's it! Everything must go!

Julie York
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
For the last few weeks (months probably) I've felt that I needed to have a clear out. Not the full on purge but just some breathing space because I haven't dressed for ages and just don't feel like it.

So I emptied the secret drawer and the secret box and the secret duffle bag and the secret suitcase......You know how it is. And wow what a load of stuff I had that I'd forgotten I had!

So anyway....gritting my teeth I went through it all with a view to chucking away most of it. Only it didn't quite work that way.

"Aww that's the first skirt I ever bought in a charity shop...got to keep that."

"This is a present from a friend.....got to keep that."

"I never wear this...but...but.....someone might start a Sexy Secretary thread and it would work really well."

And so on.

I even contemplated selling the red shoes but I couldn't bring myself to do it because well....in 3 years or so I might want them again.

There's no escape. Four skirts to go to the charity shop and that's about it. I will have to find myself a secret wardrobe next!

Deidra Cowen
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Well personally I am gald ya did not give up sweetie and get rid of your cloths. I think you are a kewl very smart CD...yet understand if you are burned out and need a break.

Julie York
09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I think you are a kewl very smart CD...

(Looks around nervously in confusion..........)

How many Julie Yorks are there?

Well hot damn thank you.:thumbsup:

I know from the last two years that as soon as the nights start drawing in "it begins!" (Cue: Dramatic weirwolf type music.)

Holly
09-01-2007, 10:17 AM
WHAT!? No red shoes? We might as well shut the darn place down!:D

Shelly Preston
09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Selling red shoes (nearly)

:eek: must be a full moon affecting your judgment

Phew !!!!!!!! that was too close for comfort

Jenny Beth
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
WHAT!? No red shoes? We might as well shut the darn place down!:D

You beat me to it! What's this place without them? I'd say they are even more recognizable than the banner.

Hang in there Julie, we all have our "off days", it's just that some days last weeks or more sometimes!

Daintre
09-01-2007, 11:23 AM
You mean that the red heels are not properly stored in the vacuum sealed glass showcase? :eek: I am shocked.......Julie...Julie...Julie...(walks away head shaking)

Jenny Beth
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
You mean that the red heels are not properly stored in the vacuum sealed glass showcase? :eek: I am shocked.......Julie...Julie...Julie...(walks away head shaking)

You mean like in the Smithsonian? :heehee:

Toyah
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
You are not selling those shoes
Stoppit!!!!

Kate Simmons
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Gosh Julie, This is a peri-purge then?:happy:

PortiaHoney
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
It's amazing how a decent purge can result in our complete downfall. Gotta lovittt:love:

Darlene Dippy
09-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Well Julie you have put me off travelling up North, I might catch the nasty bug you have!
:tongueout

Sounds like 'Julie has come apart without forum help', hope we can do better than Humpty Dumpty in putting the parts together again.
:hugs:

Darlene

Trinni
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Next time you think about selling your red shoes I want you to slowdown, take a deep breath, put them in a box, then send them to me :D

SherriePall
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Selling the red shoes! All right, what aliens have claimed Julie's body?

Carin
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I read this thread earlier and had moved on (to house chores) when I suddenly remembered, I have a pair of those same red shoes buried at the bottom of my closet. I just got a VS red velvet pants that they will go great with (not sure where I would wear them though).

So Julie, if you do fall off the wagon, give me a call - I will give them to you to help you back on :happy:.

In the meantime, as noted by others.
Keep your hands where we can see them and step AWAY from the SHOES.

GypsyKaren
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Julie

I think you're just having a bad case of "Red Does Go With Pinkitis", I suggest you eat lots of cheesecake and it soon will pass.

Karen Starlene