PDA

View Full Version : Going My Way?

Brianna Lovely
09-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Is it just me, or has the GG world changed that much?

A few weeks ago, I was visiting some friends for coffee. I was wearing a skirt, blouse and had light makeup on. The wife asked me "Well! Where are you going today?"
Since I've been to their home, many times, wearing a skirt, but no makeup, I thought it was a strange question.

So, this morning I'm practicing my makeup and go outside for a smoke. My face is made up and I'm wearing a bra and small forms. I have a light blue top and blue gym shorts on.
A neighbor comes by, walking her dog, and says hello. Then she comes closer and says my makeup job looks wonderful (blush), then she asks, "Where are you going?"

I don't know about the average GG, but this "mature lady" need's makeup, to look normal, giggle.

I wonder, is it really so rare for GGs to wear makeup today? Or is it, that when I put on makeup, I must be "going out"?

Amanda Shaft
09-01-2007, 04:27 PM
My SO hardly ever wears make-up, a quick bit of mascara, some eye liner perhaps, where as I have to make myself up to look like I’ve got no make up on! Only then can I start to make it look more made up! Oh for the clear face of a GG, until then carry on with the war paint and book more electrolysis!
Sigh, Amanda
:battingeyelashes:

Marla S
09-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't know if it changed. There has always been a difference of day time look and evening look ('going out look').
Over here the average day time look is without any obvious makeup (I think it's called natural look) ... a bit mascara at best. A few younger ladies do a bit more.

Julie York
09-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I think your average Cd is always tending towards the 'going out look' Check out the photo section and see what percentage look like they are staying home to do a mountain of ironing.

Brianna Lovely
09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I think your average Cd is always tending towards the 'going out look' Check out the photo section and see what percentage look like they are staying home to do a mountain of ironing.

Giggle, that's funny, Julie.

Of course, I think the average CDer has to do a lot to even out skin tone and hide beard shadow. I did have a GG friend, who spent two hours on her makeup, to go to the store "looking natural".

I was practicing my "daytime" look, still trying to find a fast/good way.

JULIE33362
09-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Wear It At Night Love To Find New Looks