PDA

View Full Version : Gnarley

Genevera
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I've noticed a few comments in a few of the threads about things seeming a bit mean or tense lately.

This is a diverse community, there are almost as many reasons to crossdress as there are crossdressers. We all have different patterns and triggers, different needs. Some of the threads here are pertinate to where I am at, many are not.

What makes things difficult is trying to explain the unexplainable. The emotions we experience do not always translate easily into words, and more often mis-translate quite easily. Also some people are better at expressing themselves than others, writing is becoming a lost art, and these forums lack the immediate response time that conversation affords. The ability to know someone isn't quite getting what your trying to say, nor does it offer the means to correct things in real time.

I think what I'm trying to say is . . . please be patient with each other, as I read these threads I don't sense meaness at all, I sense people truly caring for each other and trying as best they can to show that concirn.

So if something hits you wrong step back a minute and try to see what they are trying to say, maybe it's not what you thought--- my:2c:

GypsyKaren
09-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I think a lot of problems could be solved by a polite PM...

Karen Starlene

sissystephanie
09-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I think a lot of problems could be solved by a polite PM...

Karen Starlene

Karen, I couldn't agree more. But what Genevera said also makes a lot of sense. I have read a lot of posts commenting on a preceeding post, where the second writer totally incorrectly understood the first post. As genevera said, take a little time to understand what is really being said! Then if you have a problem with it, PM the author. Don't broadcast it on the Forum! We are ladies, be gentle with us!!:happy:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Oddlee
09-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Good points. It is very difficult to convey emotions (such as sarcasm, humor, sympathy) in email. If it were not so difficult, we could all be successful authors. I find this even in business email, which you would think would be relatively dry and unemotional. In such an emotionally laden arena as cross-dressing in our current society, it is even more difficult to determine the emotional intent of a posting. I trust that most of us posting intend to support and encourage each other. In this light, some posts puzzle me, but I appreciate most of them. Thanks to all for the support, encouragement, and good examples you provide.

Lee

Marla S
09-02-2007, 06:07 AM
I think what I'm trying to say is . . . please be patient with each other, as I read these threads I don't sense meaness at all, I sense people truly caring for each other and trying as best they can to show that concirn.

So if something hits you wrong step back a minute and try to see what they are trying to say, maybe it's not what you thought--- my:2c:

Very well put Genevera.:thumbsup:

Sometimes I seems to me that people want to sense meanness instead of thinking about the intention or background of the threads.
Often the replies become meaner and more personal offending than the original post ever could be read like (at best off topic or linguistic contests).

This makes it hard to broach the issue of a subject that is not as popular as panties.

switcheralso
09-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Help one another, is the best part of sisterhood.

Don't forget Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

We should remember when sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us.

Let's get along!!!!

susie bear
09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
I think one word sums up most of our feelings. It is "frustration".
We get frustrated if we can't understand something. We get frustrated if someone doesn't understand us.

Me--- I never get frustrated. I'm just confused.

Love to all.

Susie Bear

stephanie100
09-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Well said i prefer not to get involved in a conflict thread CDing is differant to differant people.

DanaJ
09-02-2007, 07:48 AM
There are people who seem to go through life who look for insults and problems everywhere - and guess what? They find them.

It is no different here, there are members who look through a lot of these posts and seem to ignore 99.9% of what is written so they can focus on the one thing they percieve to be an insult to them, most times it is something a member has posted innocently or perhaps didn't word their post exactly right.

A PM to that member does a lot of good in understanding and keeping battle lines from being drawn on the forum.

Kate Simmons
09-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Good point Dana. A lot of times in life, someone says something we perceive in the wrong way. Upon asking them what they meant, a lot of times they had no intention of saying it the way we thought they did. Asking someone, gee what a novel idea.....Whoda thought?:happy: