PDA

View Full Version : breast form adhesive removal?

~Seana~
09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I use non-adhesive forms and as a result have to use spray adhesive (Hollister medical spray adhesive) to stick em on. It works great BUT I have a question, can anyone recommend a way of removing the old adhesive from the forms? Nail polish remover works for removing from the body but I'm afraid it'll damage the forms. Can anyone recommend a product or method?

Amanda
THe Happy ****!

Cheryl T
09-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Find a surgical supply store in your area and look for a remover designed for "appliances" (meaning prosthesis such as breast forms). The one in my area also carries the Hollister adhesive which I use and they are MUCH cheaper than any cd friendly place on the net. I get the spray adhesive for under $25 where it is nearly $50 in our so-called "friendly" outlets...not that friendly in my opinion.
Also, you must remove the adhesive after every use. Do not let it build up as I did. It will be impossible to remove if you let it go for a few uses. I found out the hard way and it cost me a pair of perfectly good forms trying to get the stuff off. I ending up rubbing too hard (the stuff gets really gooey) and I tore a hole in the outer shell of the form.

Live and learn.
Next time I'm spending the big bucks and going for the ones by Amoena with the silicone adhesive as part of the form.

Btw, I love the Hollister adhesive spray. It works great.

:2c:

nikkirussel
09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
thank you Cheryl for the great info.

Holly
09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Hollister make a remover specifically for their adhesive. No not buy the adhesive without buying the remover as well. You will NOT be happy:(.