PDA

View Full Version : XDresser or Fetish

Sharonn
03-22-2005, 02:21 PM
I am a very straight lingerie x dresser.
I have no desire to go out in public as a woman.
When I am alone I do not get dressed up.
My g/f lets me dress up before sex and lets me wear my silkys during sex.
I don't always dress up for sex or for any other reason.
I don't wear wigs, or make up or a bra, a skirt or blouse, just lingerie.

So my question is am I a CD or do I just have a fetish for silk,satin and lace and for the feel and the look? Does anybody else here feel the same?
More pics of lingerie clad bodies would be appreciated. Always looking for ways to increase my wardrobe by what others wear.

This is a great place and glad I found it.
Thanks Ladies

Wendy me
03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
the answer to every thing you asked yes ..........so welcome come on in enjoy............

Priscilla1018
03-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi Sharron,

Welcome to our family.Glad you found us. I too have a love of lingerie. I have no interest in going out dressed completely.The only way I could pass would be if the rest of the world were blind. I do wear panties at all times except when I go to the club to workout. I am a crossdresser,I have two separate identities:Priscilla, the nice one and Tom, the strong silent type unless crossed. I am not sure if you only have a fetish or not. Stick around here in the forum you will learn, besides the conversation can be quite lively at times.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

malecynthia
03-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Welcome, Sharonn. I like this place because I'm accepted just as I am, without having to fit into any stereotype classification. I gave up trying to decide if I was cd, tv, stereo or dvd. Everyone here is the same but different.
Cynthia.

DonnaT
03-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Yes, you are a crossdresser, but not transgendered.

Your CDing is also known a "fetishistic transvestism" http://en.mimi.hu/sexuality/fetishistic_transvestism.html

No matter what the reason, if you like wearing women's clothes, you are a CD. :)

Aloha_Dana
03-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Sharonn,

Your Q is deep and some of the more philosophical gals in here might chip in. I am coming to terms to this question myself. There are no definate answers or should I say labels? If you wear panties, you are a crossdresser. If you wear your wife's sweatshirt, are you a crossdresser?

Xdressing has nothing to do w/sex. The sex is up to you, straight or not, be sexual while dressing or not.

Xdressing is many things and each xdr has their own style, likes, habits, desires. You'll find girls here who love to go out, others that have no desire to. To some it is a sexual thing, others not. Some who like to just wear panties, others who want to transition to FT ladies (hormones and surgery). You'll find a tremendous variety of personality types in here, w/one thing in common. We all like to wear women's clothes.

This forum is a nice place and the people here are very special. In the few months I've been here I've managed to get a better perspective of myself.

Welcome!
Dana

Richelle
03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Sharonn,

First of all welcom. Second I could not agree with Cynthia more. It does not matter what you wear or why you are accepted here for what you are.

And that is YOU

Richelle

Welcome, Sharonn. I like this place because I'm accepted just as I am, without having to fit into any stereotype classification. I gave up trying to decide if I was cd, tv, stereo or dvd. Everyone here is the same but different.
Cynthia.

Sharon
03-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Sharonn, welcome to the forum! I like your name, it's the way I say my own when I have a drink too many. :)
Don't worry about what label you fall under. Just be yourself and do what makes you happy and comfortable with yourself.

trinity24
03-22-2005, 10:22 PM
It's a fetish in your case, but you'd be still considered a CD. I'm in a similar situation. I've read there are varying degrees of transvestitism, ranging from fetish-related, to more gender oriented. I really have no desire to become a woman, but get turned on by female clothing - although I do not limit myself to lingerie. I also have no desire to go out in public. Also, you're lucky to have an accepting gf.

emanon
03-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Looks like I may be on to something here. I have been dressing on and off for many years (most of my life) and really couldn't figure out the attraction, except that I get turned on from the feel (tactile), especially from frilly clothes (I'm wearing a silky blouse right now) and nylons and lingerie in general. My wife does not want to see me dressed, so it's confined to when she's gone, or at CD club meetings in our area (I've gone to one, and hope to attend another with Tri-Ess).

Thanks again,

Emanon

Holly
03-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Sharonn,

Why spend time worrying about what to call it? Just enjoy it! Really, in all honesty, what difference does it make if it's a fettish or something else? Would you stop doing it?

Fallen Angel
03-23-2005, 09:40 AM
just enjoy what your doing and dont try to figure out your self and welcome to the forum

Cissy Suzie
03-23-2005, 07:36 PM

So my question is am I a CD or do I just have a fetish for silk,satin and lace and for the feel and the look? Does anybody else here feel the same?
More pics of lingerie clad bodies would be appreciated. Always looking for ways to increase my wardrobe by what others wear.

Thanks Ladies

Yes you are a crossdresser, but crossdressers are not created equal, in the sense that we are all unique individuals.

I think the hardest part about all this is that there are no real answers. Psychologists want you to think they have answers, OMG just check out Dr. Phil.

Religions want us to believe they have the answers. I think not.

You can bet your friends, family, and neighbors would have answers for you, but you can also bet you probably don't want to go there either.

The fact that you are asking the questions means you want to know why you like dressing up.

Read above :) there are no reasons ... and there just will never be any real answers. You have fun dressing in lingerie and making love with your girlfriend, just accept it, you are lucky to have a woman like her.

I like creating the illusion of femininity, sometimes I do it well, sometimes not, but I love just attempting to become as femme as I can. I learned long ago not to question why. :cool:

Just be who you are and be assured you aren't alone, but you are unique ;)

Oh here is the latest Suzie pic ... taken last Sunday
http://www.geocities.com/cissysuzie/vanraltte2.jpg

LindaLeeColby
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM

Thanks Ladies

Sharonn

There is an old saying: I do, therefore I am, and if I am, then I must be.... So there! OK, so it's maybe not that old but I once figured out that it would take one million seven hundred and eighty thousand and six labels to cover everything that everyone did between the ages of forty four and forty five ( I was forty five when I calculated that).

Sounds to me like you've already figured out the important stuff. Cross dressing is a representation of someone somehow, fetish-ist is a playful someone with something. I would say you are, what I've come to call, a healthy actual-sexual. That's someone who has not only figured out what they like but they've also figured out what to do about it.

So it didn't answer your question exactly, but it did kick my post count up one.

Now about that name?

Squeeze
Linda Lee

JanineSoCal
03-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Sharonn,

It sounds as if you are trying to demonstrate that your dressing is simply a fetish, and thus you are not a crossdresser. In my humble opinion, the distinction is not what is important: self-acceptance and not seeing the label "crossdresser" as a badge of shame are the matters of the heart at issue here. Many of us here have similarities to you with questions such as the one posed. Welcome, and take advantage of the Forum. It will be easy to find many with similarites to your expression, and many otherwise. In communicating with others, stigmas and perceptions longheld of crossdressers are possibly debunked.

Up to 40% of men have worn some piece of female attire for enjoyment at one time. There are not clear dilineations between fetish, crossdressing and transgender, but instead viewed by many health professionals familiar with transgenderism as being on a continuum.

Janine

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Observance of customs and laws can very easily be a cloak for a lie so subtle that our fellow human beings are unable to detect it. It may help us to escape all criticism, we may even be able to deceive ourselves in the belief of our obvious righteousness. But deep down, below the surface of the average man's conscience, he hears a voice whispering, "There is something not right," no matter how much his rightness is supported by public opinion or by the moral code.

Carl G. Jung, in the introduction to Frances G. Wickes' "Analysis der Kinderseele" (The Inner World of Childhood), 1931.

The majority of people who don't do this are by far the worse for it because it runs counter to what they know. Put a strip of burlap next to a strip of satin and count the number of babies that will play first with the satin. Later, you'll see a shift as the number of males begin learning, against what they already know and feel, as they begin picking up the burlap first. Some of us, in spite of what we've been taught, ignore those teachings and go with what we know. I've learned as I suspect you have to play with the satin and ignore what you've been told to believe about burlap!

Squeeze
Linda Lee

MsMichelle
03-24-2005, 06:05 AM
First I wouldn't be all that concerned as to the label you use unless it really matters to you. By proper definition, a Cross Dresser wears clothing of the opposite gender. The rational really doesn't matter. Whether you are going to present 100% as a female or simply wear pantyhose for arousal you will still come under the heading of Crossdresser.
The term "Transgender" is as usual being taken out of proper context so let's set that straight. The term Transgender is a blanket or umbrella term. Under that heading comes the following:
Transsexual
Transgenderist
Cross Dresser
Transvestite
Drag Queen
Drag King
Etc.
It also matters not whether you are Female to Male or Male to Female. Anything that would come under the heading of "Gender Identity" will come under the heading of Transgender. Very often I hear that Transgender is something between a Cross Dresser and a Transsexual, not so. That may well be the Transgenderist, who lives full time in the gender of choice without hormones and without Gender Reassignment surgery.
Crossdressers like Transsexuals have a huge range of variables. On one end of the spectrum you have a crossdresser who only wears maybe pantyhose and panties and does so for sexual gratification to the Crossdresser who presents 100% as a female and may do so for the pure enjoement of it or may to satisfy an inner need. Like the Transsexual who believes to be the opposite gender put in the wrong body. Some may require GRS before being satisfied while others may simple be happy with Hormone Replace Therapy (HRT)
The whole trouble with labels is that it presumes that you will fit into one nice little pidgeon hole or another. Nothing could be further from the truth because Transgender see way too many possible variables hence the rationale for developing the term in the first place.

I hope this will clear up some of the fact from fiction.

Michelle Renee

NoraT
03-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Sharonn, whatever puts you in touch with yourself is beautiful and wonderful and altogether right. Forget labels like "fetish." Are you happy? That is what matters.

Love,
Norm