PDA

View Full Version : Passing down what you have learned to be a guy.

mistunderstood
09-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I Have a friends boy who thinks of me as a father figure and I take this very serious. I want to get him his first shaving kit and tell him the joys about growing-up to be a proper gentlemen.

So if you were in same spot what would you pass on to him?

This question open to every-one.

Kieron Andrew
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Always treat ladies with respect......

Always treat other men with respect.....

Cai
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Make sure he knows it's okay to have emotions, to have a softer side, even a feminine side. Too many men out there think they have to be made of stone to be men.

Edit:

Always treat ladies with respect......

Always treat other men with respect.....
:yt:
If someone falls down the stairs, help them up. If someone is coming through the door behind you, hold it. Pick things up when people drop them. Common sense courtesy is important.

Dasein9
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
That a "real man" can cook a meal, read a book, comfort a child, laugh at himself, stand up for his beliefs, do his own laundry, be polite to people who are not polite to him, give and receive compliments and critique, and still have a whole lot of fun.

Pretty much the same as a "real woman," come to think of it.

Disclaimer: The above list is far from complete.

Toyah
09-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Dont be afraid to do whats right
Always treat people with respect
Dont believe everything you hear, find out the truth
Money is an end not a means

Adam
09-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Just tell him one thing and he will go far in life

women and girls are always right even in there not agree with them :heehee::heehee: works for me

but no really just teach him to respect otheres in a way he would like to be treated and he should be fine :D

nataliecd77
09-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Tell him so make a stand for things he believes in! especially when they go against the "norm"
Natalie

Marla S
09-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Let him lead you to show him his way.

You kinda know both sides of the fence ... a big chance to help him to become a complete person ... he'll pick up the bits that suit him best.

Respecting himself and respecting others is most important IMO.

SirTrey
09-03-2007, 06:28 AM
I Have a friends boy who thinks of me as a father figure and I take this very serious. I want to get him his first shaving kit and tell him the joys about growing-up to be a proper gentlemen.

So if you were in same spot what would you pass on to him?

This question open to every-one.

One thing I taught My kids and it paid off with all three (who are now grown up) is this....Some call it Karma, some call it "what goes around, comes around"....I believe in never turning a blind eye to a person in need (whether that need is an emotional one, helping a person with a flat tire, or money for a homeless guy to get lunch, etc., etc., etc.)....I told My kids that once that person is placed in your path, it is your responsibility to help them if you can....and when YOU need help, there will always be someone there to help YOU....I've lived My life on that premise, and it has never failed Me....Not once....If everyone did the same thing, it would be a totally different world....Okay, you can all call ME a bleeding heart now....LOL :) **T**