PDA

View Full Version : This site is many things to many people, but it must always be a place of refuge

Lovely Rita
09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
and nurturing if it is anything.

At the risk of giving some of you diabetes from all the positive and upbeat threads....Here I go again.

The Crossdresser's life can be very hard indeed. Opposition to who we are at every turn. Oppressed by all segments of society even those who are closest to us. Many times even self imposed oppression because we bought into all the bull crap fed to us by culture, family, etc. The anti-crossdressing message at large has been consistently bad and harmful to our psyche. In society's eyes we are to be chided, dismissed, and even laughed at.

As children we may have tried mom's shoes and received very negative feedback, this along with many other bad experiences may have left us marked with bad feelings about ourselves and who we are, but I will spare you all the junk regarding negative messages ingrained in our heads from everyone around us, it has already been written and spoken of many times by myself and many others adnaseum.

I decided some time back that I was going to fully and totally love and accept all of me, which was the best choice I have ever made. I also decided that I was going to support all other members of the crossdressing community with the most positive and loving advice I could.

My aim has always been to see how I can help others on this site feel good about who they are. Never did I believe others were going to do that for me. Well I am so pleased to say that while I was away I really learned that I have really good friends here. You showed me much love and encouragement and for this I will be eternally greatful. You also restored my faith in true friendship.:love:

Toyah
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Well hugs from me seeing ya back hunny :hugs:

Genevera
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Well Said :)

Zee
09-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I decided some time back that I was going to fully and totally love and accept all of me, which was the best choice I have ever made.

If more of us (us being the human race) could take this advice, this world would be a better place

Dita_B
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I cannot agree more... The path of the pioneer is always a harder one than that for those who follow... We are the trail blazers and IMHO cross dressing will soon be an accepted segment of a society that is growing more tolerant by the day.

The ones that bring new ideas forward and carry them out will always be ridiculed initially by the so called "skeptics". The ones that are afraid of everything out of the ordinary. Only to later be seen as ideas who's time has come as the result of a logical development...If there were not those around that are willing to undergo ridicule while fighting for their beliefs, the world would still be in the stone age...

So indeed, this site serves as a refuge, a place to regenerate, for those who spearhead our movement in order to move society to accept cross dressing as a fact of life...

If we all would help each other reach our goals the world would be a different and better place. So if we want to change the world we should start with ourselves, and, as you justly observed, that is already happening...

:love:Dita.

SherriePall
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Rita -- Welcome back and you are correct. The Beach Boys had "In My Room." We have our Forum. Thanks for sharing your post with us.

Joy Carter
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Not to get all syrupy here, BUT, There has been a big hole here since you have been gone. :hugs:
Some of the threads/posts are just not worth reading.:(

Angie G
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi Rita welcome back love ya hun :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Missed you girly!!!

Karren

Kate Simmons
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I appreciate your friendship as well Rita. Ya know , it's funny, you got me thinking when you mentioned wearing Mom's shoes. I used to do that also. I wore my Dad's shoes as well and pretty much "filled" them by being a Dad myself. Could I ever hope to truely"fill" Mom's shows in what she did for me? Not in a heartbeat. Still in emulation and admiration, I give it the old school "try".:happy:

Sugar
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
and you seem no worse for the wear.

Nice to see you!:love:

sugar

Chantelle CD
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
missed ya dear!!!! Glad yer back :D <hugs>

Jodie Wexler
09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Nice to see you back. This site is my home away from home. Mostly because you all make me feel comfortable. Thrity days away, How did you cope.
Welcome back. Jodie

Lovely Rita
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I am feelin the love you darlings:love:

Toyah, always love hearing from you the bad girl of the site. still running from the panty police I see:heehee:

Genevera, so nice to hear from you. very sweet.

Zee, thanks for the encouragement.

Dita, yes I hope we can maintain a spirit of mutual support.

Sherrie, wow did I miss your sweet feedback. You are so dear.

Joy, you are the embodiment of Joy, you fill me with it.

Angie, boy did I miss seeing your familiar avatar with your cute thighs which always accompained the sweetest words.

Karren, nice wig girl, you look marvelous. Still always upto something. Can't keep Karren still. That is for sure.

Sally, love the wig too and also enjoyed our chats. you are a dear.

Sugar, yes 30 days in the box just like Cool Hand Luke, one of my favorite all time movies. "shaking the bush boss, shaking the bush" .....lol

Chantelle, Big hugs right back to you hun. Always love hearing from you.

:love:

Joy Carter
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Some how I picture The Grinch looking down from it's ivory tower at this thread, and not still getting it. :heehee:

ArleneRaquel
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Lovely Rita,
I am very happy that you are back with us. :love: Trina Welch - Nitwit on the Computer Keyboard ( Sorry )

Phoebe Reece
09-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Welcome back Rita. I always enjoy your upbeat posts.

Huntress
09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Quite gladdened to see your Avie. back in the queue. I almost banged in on C.D.C., permanently, when I collaterally figured, an enforced exile had been executed. The stupifying xenophobia mounted because of pure misunderstanding was flabbergasting. You are one of the reasons I come to C.D.C. To get a well thought out treatise on our varied condition(s). Only our collective experience and intellect can eventually mainstream our gifted folk. Petulant, minor tyranny begats Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Rock (& Write) on Lovely Rita.:thumbsup:

De Oppresso Liber,
The Huntress

SatinDoll00
09-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Sorry I have not welcomed you back proper...had things going on IRL.

I am so glad to see you back.

I have no words that can express it better than those.

Morgan

:hugs:

battybattybats
09-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Great to see you back.

I thoroughly agree that, as we are such a marginalised and oppressed minority we need places of refuge and support. For the best and also the worst of us because we are all in need. We need to step out and take what is rightfully ours, our place in broader society but to do that we need safe places to retreat to.

:hugs:

Chloe Jean
09-03-2007, 04:20 AM
you are so right Rita. It does get lonely for a gurl at times. It is nice to know that there are so many wonderful sisters. Growing out I never fit in with the other boys and even now I still don't. This room makes me feel so much better about being ever so feminine.
Hugs
Amelia

Satrana
09-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey the girl is back, lets start the party. :drink: You are right, we need to keep the message positive. Its time to ditch the all those negative vibes that surround us once and for all. You only live once......OK in your case live twice :hugs: