PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time out

stephanie12
09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Well I decided earlier today that I was gonna go out tonight enfemme. I took my time and got ready to go and finally left my condo around 1215am. Well not knowing where to go I decided to hit Walmart and do a bit of shopping. I stopped at the ATM to get some cash and headed into the store. I always considered myself as passable. My fiance even says I don't look the same while enfemme. Well the experience was going fine, when I noticed the employees were starting to watch me. At first I thought they were watching for a shoplifter which I wasn't doing. Then I realized they figured out I was a man. When I went the check out the cashier as she walked over was even on the verge of laughing. Then as I left 2 employees watched me leave with slight smerks on thier faces. It was a bit of a disapointment being this was only my 2nd time out by myself that people saw through my apperance. Well afterwards I took a short ride down to the beach, took a short stroll and headed home. I will have to figure out somewhere else to go next time.

Stephanie

SatinDoll00
09-03-2007, 01:18 AM
It happens to all of us sweeite...

I know.

Don't underestimate what you have done. You went out, as YOU!

There are people in all walks of life that consider us amusing. Let them be amused!!!!

So what!

You did something many CDs only dream of! KUDOS to you. My heart is filled with warmth reading this...while I feel badly that they laughed...I know that something in you has been awakened!!! You have taken a large step sister...one that many have not.

Do not worry about what "they" think...you were out...enfemme...and that really is all that matters!

I hope all is well.

Morgan

GypsyKaren
09-03-2007, 03:24 AM
People who laugh at others are ignorant by choice and not worth your time or worry.

Karen Starlene

Tracy_Victoria
09-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Stephanie

Passing out is an art that take time to master, however as much as it is a look, it's also a state of mind as well, and being the person you portray, over a man dressed in drag!

many crossdressers would not be able to admit to having not been read sometime when out. and I mean out, not sulking round a park in the dead of night, but passing in Daylight in normal crowd town shopping situations, and it takes (pardon the pun!) B@lls to do. ie your whole personal must be right not just your look. ie just like an actor preparing for a role, everything must be right.

You may find on another day you might have not been read, however being out alone late at night gets people wondering why? which is why I have always said to other TV that have spoken with and wanted to pass, if your going somewhere, WHY ARE YOU THERE. The best example I can give on this is real girls don't sulk round parks, in short skirts and heals at 2 or 3 am in the morning. nor do they dress to the nines to walk the dog in the dark!

many factors could have given you way, from your look and manerisiums, your posture, or even just the time and the place. but don't get to down hearted non of us went from dressing fully, to walking out the door and passing streight away. and even when you get the look right you can goof in other ways too! Personally in my early days when out dressed, I said evening in a male voice to a passing stranger who had said good evening to me. Totally blowing an illusion i'd created of being female. :eek: passing out is a stage by stage thing it takes time and effort and FOCUS.

I've said this before here, but to me passing is about fem points over male ones. ie a set of womans clothes doesn't make you look like a woman, however smart or exspensive. The right wig, will always score better than a good wig, and a wig that suits and doesn't look like a wig will help you even more as will a cleavage, the right clothes and look for the enviroment your in. Every part of your dress, and posture, needs to appear female. the more fem points you have over male ones the easier you will pass. The best example of this is how many real woman have you seen wearing a wig, and how many woman have you seen, say on telly removing a wig, that you never realised was a wig. The difference is you never see the good ones in the real world, only the bad!

IMHO passing is like performing on a 360 degree stage, your total look, and mindset must be the person you are playing over the person your hiding. woman don't strut (often) through Tescos/wallmart dressed to the nines in heels and shorts skirts, but thoses that do, draw attention to themselves strieght away, if your a girl and want that fine, but if your a guy and trying to pass it's the last thing you need. you need to blend in to the crowd, so that others see you as maybe a masculine female of which there are many real girls like that, over a male in womans clothes.

MsPriscilla
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Stephanie,

My sympathy, but don't let it deter you.

What were you wearing?

stephanie12
09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Well I was wearing a light purple dress that went below my knees, light color thi-highs and my heels. I only one 1 pair of shoes atm and thier about a 4" heel. There's only 1 store in my town that I've found that sells woman's shoes in size 14 and they're closed at night. My times out have had to be at night so far due to my residential arrangments so that limits where I can go shopping enfemme. Thanks for all the support ladies. I appreciate it.

Stephanie

sfwarbonnet
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Kudos, you did what I want to do - go out en femme.

I usually wear women's pull-on pants, support thigh highs, a garter belt, panties, a bra, and a tank-top slip, but sans bra when "out" in "boy mode"

I did this in Las Veras recently but only my wife and I knew I was wearing women's clothes and, of course, I used the men's restroom. But Vegas seems like a good environment to go out en femme. The tourists are preoccupied, and employees aren't likely to make you feel uncomfortable - they want your money!

However, I have heard that it is illegal for a man to use a women's restroom in Vegas. This would be a showstopper, as GGs might freak out if they read you there, and security officers that could arrange to assest you are prevelant.

Gisele
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
"Becoming happy with who you are is the start to a happy life "

This is what you wrote. I think that you are on the right track sweetie. Don't worry about the others, just be yourself.

Nora
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
It isnt illegal to use the ladies rooms in Las Vegas if you are dressed en Femme. Generally the rule is use the rest room that you are dressed for. Of course you must use discretion. Try to find a rest room that is as remote from the public as you can find. Do your business and get out. No primping or makeup aplication allowed.

Of course there is always the catch all, "distrubing the peace", but if you are mindful of others and don't dally you will not have a problem.

Nora

I usually wear women's pull-on pants, support thigh highs, a garter belt, panties, a bra, and a tank-top slip, but sans bra when "out" in "boy mode"

I did this in Las Veras recently but only my wife and I knew I was wearing women's clothes and, of course, I used the men's restroom. But Vegas seems like a good environment to go out en femme. The tourists are preoccupied, and employees aren't likely to make you feel uncomfortable - they want your money!

However, I have heard that it is illegal for a man to use a women's restroom in Vegas. This would be a showstopper, as GGs might freak out if they read you there, and security officers that could arrange to assest you are prevelant.[/QUOTE]

racquel
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Good for you,each time will be better.Tracy's post was right on the mark I think.You'll be better each time you go if you try to follow her advice.
It is a state of mind .

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
You went out, and you survived! Each time you go
out, you learn. Most do not have the courage to do
what you have done. Each adventure will be better.
I wish you the best.

cindi ann

kassandra richard
09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I can sympathize with your living arrangements, but good on you for going out. Sounds like the outfit was appropriate for heading out --- 'cept maybe the shoes. Even my 3" wedgies last night might have been a bit much :), but I wore them anyway. Tracy_victoria has some great thoughts on passing/blending in and I suspect your next outing will be a lot better.

Kassandra

joann07
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Congrats on your second time out. :thumbsup:
Its always good to experience something like that because you learn from it and it makes you a better person the next time around.
I've had somewhat of a similiar experience.
The majority of my outtings have been great, but then I realized that things don't always go as expected so I have to be prepared to deal with the unexpected and not panic or get discouraged.
As long as you stay calm and be confident in yourself, you'll brush it off like its nothing because you are who you are and nobody can force you to be who you aren't.
And if you're quick on your toes, you can take an awkard or embarassing situation, turn the tables into your advantage, and put that person in your place. Let's see how they feel.

So don't let it worry you hun, you're doing fine.
Learn from it and move on.
Keep it up.

Hugs!

nikki_t
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
It isnt illegal to use the ladies rooms in Las Vegas if you are dressed en Femme. Generally the rule is use the rest room that you are dressed for. Of course you must use discretion. Try to find a rest room that is as remote from the public as you can find. Do your business and get out. No primping or makeup aplication allowed.

Of course there is always the catch all, "distrubing the peace", but if you are mindful of others and don't dally you will not have a problem.

Nora

However, I have heard that it is illegal for a man to use a women's restroom in Vegas. This would be a showstopper, as GGs might freak out if they read you there, and security officers that could arrange to assest you are prevelant.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the bad experience steph - don't let it get you down and take the advice of other posters above - especially the "dressing to blend in to your surroundings" bit.

Nora, I heard that Nevada has a law that says you have to use the restroom according to what it says on your ID rather than what you're wearing. Sorry I can't find the source right now but will look. In other words, in NV, if your driver license says "Male" you should use the men's room - otherwise risk arrest.
Not trying to scare any NV residents or LV visitors here - just something you can maybe check into.

What you can do to limit your exposure if you feel awkward about this is:

1) Use a "family" restroom where available (like many super markets have these, eg. Target, Walmart, etc.)

2) Use a "closed" ladies room so that you're the only user at that time. Prime examples are Starbucks restrooms. Only one person can use it at a time and it's very private. That way, you don't run the risk of "upsetting" another bathroom user.
:2c:

paulaN
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
To bad you got read. But I'll tell ya. I think you have done a great thing for yourself. You went out and had a good time. I'd head right back to Wall Mart asap. I hate this saying but I'm going to say it. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I think you rock. Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nora
09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
It is my understanding that the Restroom rules in Nevada are set by the county. From what I have heard, you are correct if you are in Reno . In Las Vegas you can use the rest room that you are dressed for.

If you do find something to the contrary please let me know.

You are totally correct in that first we should seek out a handicapped or family rest room, which is usually a " one seater" prior to using a full rest room. I usually mention that first but neglected to do so in this case. Thank you for mentioning it.

Nora

Sorry to hear about the bad experience steph - don't let it get you down and take the advice of other posters above - especially the "dressing to blend in to your surroundings" bit.

Nora, I heard that Nevada has a law that says you have to use the restroom according to what it says on your ID rather than what you're wearing. Sorry I can't find the source right now but will look. In other words, in NV, if your driver license says "Male" you should use the men's room - otherwise risk arrest.
Not trying to scare any NV residents or LV visitors here - just something you can maybe check into.

What you can do to limit your exposure if you feel awkward about this is:

1) Use a "family" restroom where available (like many super markets have these, eg. Target, Walmart, etc.)

2) Use a "closed" ladies room so that you're the only user at that time. Prime examples are Starbucks restrooms. Only one person can use it at a time and it's very private. That way, you don't run the risk of "upsetting" another bathroom user.
:2c:[/QUOTE]

nikki_t
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
It is my understanding that the Restroom rules in Nevada are set by the county. From what I have heard, you are correct if you are in Reno . In Las Vegas you can use the rest room that you are dressed for.

If you do find something to the contrary please let me know.

You are totally correct in that first we should seek out a handicapped or family rest room, which is usually a " one seater" prior to using a full rest room. I usually mention that first but neglected to do so in this case. Thank you for mentioning it.

Nora

Yeah we were in LV a few weeks ago and I remember finding the info online somewhere prior to the visit but can't recall where. Of course, there's nothing to say the info I saw was 100% correct either - best to do own research first I guess before venturing to any new area/state. :happy:

Jodi
09-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Trust me. You were way over dressed for any woman to enter Walmart after midnight. That would bring undo attention on you. Also, none of us know how you were carrying yourself and what mannerisms you displayed. These can be a dead giveaway, even if your look is perfect.

When you shop a low level store like Walmart, you can expect to encounter rude, ill mannered, and sometimes, downright stupid people working the floor. If you go to an upscale store, ie Macys, Dillards, Nordstroms, you might be read, but the staff are overall much higher in manners.

Jodi