PDA

View Full Version : "Keep Talking"

switcheralso
09-03-2007, 06:34 AM
I have read a lot of posts were people say the best communication with a SO is “Keep Talking”. Do you talk about crossdressing specifically or do you just chit chat on the days events. Please help on keeping a communication line open and recommendations would be appreciated.

Hippy Chic
09-03-2007, 06:47 AM
We talk about everything. Well most things anyway I guess. Don't recall any conversations yet about the state of the economy in Indonesia yet, for example!

Wouldn't a relationship based purely around CDing be very one dimentional?

Kieron Andrew
09-03-2007, 06:52 AM
id say if your SO isnt accepting of your CDing then keeping the lines of communication open, then cding would be the last thing to talk about unless she approaches the subject

Satrana
09-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Both. Keep up the normal routine chit-chat, don't let any CD issues bog down the relationship. At the same time don't let CD issues be swept under the carpet. Unresolved issues will nag both of you so it is best that you tackle these things sooner rather than later But don't let the relationship revolve around crossdressing, that usually is a recipe for disaster. It is all about balance.

Sally24
09-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Even if they are accepting they don't want to here about CDing "all the time". We tend to get very focused on it and think and talk about it way too much. Then again, don't let it become invisible in the relashionship. We all know it is not going to go away!

Kathleen Ann Trees
09-03-2007, 07:47 AM
I've settled on the point that althought my wife knows, she's not going to accept. We've talked it over enough that she knows it's not going away and it does make me happy, but she just isn't comfortable with me dressed up. She doesn't want to be a part of it. So I actually avoid the topic and avoid as much evidence as I can. I'll take the time she allows me when I can. We do have a good relationship otherwise, including a nice family with kids. So she knows she can ask me anything anytime.

Kathleen

Lilith Moon
09-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Even if they are accepting they don't want to here about CDing "all the time". We tend to get very focused on it and think and talk about it way too much. Then again, don't let it become invisible in the relashionship. We all know it is not going to go away!

Here, "all the time" is more than one mention per week :(

Angie G
09-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Talk of every thing that is of interest to you or her :hugs:
Angie

BarbaraTalbot
09-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I think at some point you have to acknowledge the pink elephant in the room. But if all one ever talks about is pink elephants, pink elephants would get boring or annoying or both.

I have a very supportive SO, and we are both on here reading seems like all the time. I sort of started taking that for granted a bit. We have also been shopping a lot together.(usually turns out to be about me). While we are closer now than we have been in a very long time, I need to be aware of the pink fog obscuring my perceptions.

Don't recall why, but when we were out and about Saturday, she mentioned that she is worried that CD-ing being so prominent in our minds and actions as of late, that it seems an odd thing to base out lives around. It has been good to share an interest with her, but I really need to remember that it isn't everything.

If she is hesitant at all, I would be open to discussing it with her, but I would talk about everything and everything but that. Communication isn't just about a way to achieve the understanding and acceptance you (we) crave, but a way of learning about and enjoying the other person.

If your relationship is really strong and open in other ways, Cd-ing wouldn't really be a problem for most, I suspect. This, I think is why CD's that tell their SO's early get good acceptance. When you are still in the blush of a new romance, its easier to meld in the odd and the off-beat.