PDA

View Full Version : Desirability for most mature gurls

leeenots
09-03-2007, 08:31 AM
As an older dresser, how do I present myself to best attract others?

celeste26
09-03-2007, 08:49 AM
As I'm sure many others will agree, find clothes that are appropriate for your age group and blend into what other real women would wear rather than the clothing of some 20 something .

Eileen
09-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Celeste is right on! Also do your makeup so as to be age appropriate and you will blend in and also be acctractive.

Eileen

Angie G
09-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm 59 years old and told and told I don't look it so I like to dress younger :hugs:
Angie

Patty
09-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I try to dress as I feel (people do not believe my age) but not as a real young girl.

GypsyKaren
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Just go with a look that you're comfortable with, age be damned. I'll be 55 real soon, and I still wear minis and shop in Juniors because it's fun, I refuse to ever dress or act my age.

Karen Starlene

Jenna1561
09-03-2007, 10:05 PM
No matter which style you choose to dress in, try to dress to your body's strengths and hide its weaknesses. Read several books and magazine articles which discuss body types and how best to dress to show off your body. And if you're up to it, find a nice clothing store, and talk with the Sales Associates (SA's) about what would look good on you. I'd try to pick a slower time of day that way they may be able to spend more time with you.

I don't know what size you are, but I love Lane Bryant and Coldwater Creek. Their SA's are very helpful and fun to talk with. I'm sure others can suggest nice shops in the non-plus size range.

I also love "What Not To Wear" with Clinton and Stacy on The Learning Channel. It's a fun show with great ideas. Hope this helps some, but as others have said, the real joy is dressing how you like and in a manner that makes you happy.

Jenna

TerriM
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi
I agree with Jenna. Im 58 and dress my age and body type. Being a a big girl (size 22) I would look ridicilous in an outfit that was for a 20yr old. I find that when I dress my age and body type I get more looks and compliments and attention.

Yours Terri

Stephenie S
09-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm a jeans and T shirt kinda girl, but when I want to look good, I dress out of the Coldwater Creek catalog. Their styles are always attractive and they present "outfits" so I don't have to wonder what goes with what. For casual, I dress out of Eddie Bauer and LL Bean catalogs. There are a few smaller shops here, Clay's is a nice small chain. I get my day to day, around the house, paint and change the oil clothes from Fashion Bug because they are so reasonably priced.

Lovies,
Stephenie

mudanjel
09-04-2007, 08:14 AM
A genuine smile is most attractive! :happy:

Amanda Shaft
09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I dress age appropriate except when I don’t! Just dress in what you feel comfortable in within your surroundings, we are all permitted to show a little more than is appropriate sometimes though! That’s the fun!
Amanda

leeenots
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Being a mature woman, how do you present yourself as attractively as possible?

Margot
09-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Just be yourself, dress your age or maybe 10yrs younger. Dress to fit in and not stand out in a crowd. Keep the eyebrows waxed.
:hugs:
Margot

Paula T
09-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I just dress with what I'm comfortable with besides I feel younger when I am dressed up.:eek:

Just go with a look that you're comfortable with, age be damned. I'll be 55 real soon, and I still wear minis and shop in Juniors because it's fun, I refuse to ever dress or act my age.

Karen Starlene

Dixie
09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
The under lying theme seems to be just dress to be comfortable with yourself, you can then relax and let your self shine, others will be attracted to that.:drink:

willowgurl
09-05-2007, 04:44 PM
When I go out in public, it's usually dressed more consevatively, but at home my boyfriend likes me in teenage, semi **** clothes, really turns him on.