PDA

View Full Version : guys in skirts

skirt_guy
09-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I've been visiting this site for a while now and applaude those who are finding themselves.

I sort through the different threads trying to find the ones that hit home with me, i.e. a guy who just wants to wear a skirt or possibly hose with that skirt.

Is there a more appropriate forum that any of you know of? I don't necessarily want to look like a woman, or pass as a woman, just like to wear skirts, pantyhose and occasionally panties.

I've searched google and haven't really found anything. Just looking for an outlet for someone who doesn't really fit in.

This place is great, don't get me wrong. Just looking for more than the occasional person feeling the same anxiety as I do.

SG

dakota_ann69
09-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Many is the time that I have driven home from work in the very early am hours as I work swings wearing my fav mini and hose. It's a great way to relax on my journey home from work. Have gone through many drive thru's as well and no one has even batted an eye!!

noname
09-04-2007, 01:10 AM
I don't want to be a girl, but I do feel that I should have every right to wear a skirt just as most women feel they have a right to wear pants. You won't find much on the net for mens rights to wear skirts, but you will find several sites who promote men having a right to wear a kilts.

Emma England
09-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Just done a google search for "men in skirts" +forum

Found an interesting one located at http://www.skirtcafe.org

At the top of the homepage is this message:

Skirt Cafe is an on-line community dedicated to exploring, promoting and advocating skirts and kilts as a fashion choice for men, formerly known as men in skirts. We do this in the context of men's fashion freedom --- an expansion of choices beyond those commonly available for men to include kilts, skirts and other garments. We recognize a diversity of styles our members feel comfortable wearing, and do not exclude any potential choices. Continuing dialog on gender is encouraged in the context of fashion freedom for men.

It is an active forum. You can tell because the posts are recent (including today).

Nothing wrong with being just a guy in a skirt. Some crossdressers here can not understand why you would not want to look like a woman though - so even on this forum there are prejudices.

Angie G
09-04-2007, 04:41 AM
This is a fine place and you welcome here hun :hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
09-04-2007, 04:44 AM
I'd say you fit in just fine my friend and welcome.:happy:

Brianna Lovely
09-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Fashion statement? Flamboyant? In your face?

Nah, just being me.

For over six months, I've gone out in the daytime, wearing fem clothes. On a daily basis, I present myself as a, girly-man??, not full-fem, but not full-male, either.

I wear a skirt about 75% of the time, go shopping, to the Post Office, bank, get gas, just everyday things.

I've had a few stares, but no negative reactions (at least to my face), giggle. I did have a woman make a comment though. She said, "I wish my husband would do that, wear a skirt". Good for her!

So, Skirt Guy, put on a skirt and go out and be yourself.

Tina Dixon
09-04-2007, 05:12 AM
There's a few her that do just what you like.

maryjanecapri
09-04-2007, 06:36 AM
i'm one of the guys in skirts. although i'm also a guy in a dress at times. i wear everything but make up and wigs.

so i'm with ya!

JenniferMBlack
09-04-2007, 06:50 AM
I too do not have the desire to dress all in femme and look like a woman. Although I know that is what most here like to do which is fine but just not for me. I am more of a skirt and heels kind of guy although less of heels at least while out ( mostly because my ankles can't take it for too long) but I haven't found any sites nearly as good or friendly as this one.

KimberlyS
09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
SG, there are other forums found with a simple internet search. For me my relateability is a bit closer to here as apposed to the "Guys in Skirts" forums I found.

My ultimate goal is to just be a guy wearing a mix of masculine and feminine clothes based on my feelings and mood in the morning and tasks for the day. I would dress similar to most GG's except some days would be more masculine. And when I dress at home that is how I dress, what every hits me, no wig or makeup.

But I a realistic and I have a family and a job to provide for them with. Me doing that where we live would not go over well and would be hell for my family. So when I get an urge and a chance to go out I do wear a wig and makeup to conceal my male identity with a decent, presentable, blending feminine image. But my goal is not to pass and I do not pass when people really look at me or we interact. Also when I get out I do it out of town.

So SG you are not alone in what you want. I have thought about asking for a "Guys in Skirts" or "Not Passing" area to post in, but not sure it would get enough action to justify it. I have found many in the type tend to be very shy about posting. You can PM me if you ever want to.

KimberlyS

Jamie001
09-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Wrong!

www.skirtcafe.org

This site is all about men wearing skirts.

I don't want to be a girl, but I do feel that I should have every right to wear a skirt just as most women feel they have a right to wear pants. You won't find much on the net for mens rights to wear skirts, but you will find several sites who promote men having a right to wear a kilts.

kay2
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
As others mentioned, skirtcafe.org is interesting. I am probably more like you than like the average girl here. However, there ain't no average. We all have our things. I wear skirts - sometimes out, but I have run into very negative reactions, and I'm not real good at ignoring pointing and laughter. On the other hand, I've also gotten many very positive comments. You can see some of my past posts to read about my preferences and experiences.

Even though I am not into wigs/makeup/passing/forms/voice I have found this forum to be filled with wise, funny, and supportive people. They do me a world of good.

Francine1947
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I agree with kay2. but i wear it all, because it feels great

AllyM
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
SG, you will find many here who share the similar interests that you have. For example, I am comfortable wearing a bra on a regular basis. I also wear hose, tights, and knee-hi's regularly during the colder months. I have no interest in makeup, nail polish, etc.

The wonderful thing about this site is that you can be yourself!

BarbaraTalbot
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
but a bit of a warning...it is catching..
I was only your basic borrowed hose and ,er, things CD.

Only the last 3 maybe 4 months or so have I wanted to dress more in full. and the more i do the more I want to do.

DonnaT
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm comfortable just wearing a skirt, but, as you can see from my avatar, I'm also comfortable dressing fully enfemme.

Depends on the desire I feel at the time. But I rarely feel the need for a wig and makeup, as compared to the need to wear the attire.

Tonks
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been visiting this site for a while now and applaude those who are finding themselves.

I sort through the different threads trying to find the ones that hit home with me, i.e. a guy who just wants to wear a skirt or possibly hose with that skirt.

Is there a more appropriate forum that any of you know of? I don't necessarily want to look like a woman, or pass as a woman, just like to wear skirts, pantyhose and occasionally panties.

I've searched google and haven't really found anything. Just looking for an outlet for someone who doesn't really fit in.

This place is great, don't get me wrong. Just looking for more than the occasional person feeling the same anxiety as I do.

SG

I feel the same way about women's clothing. Because I have such masculine features and I have a very hairy body, trying to look female is next to impossible. Instead I try and wear skirts that look a bit masculine themselves with close-fitting t-shirts. I've struggled a lot too because skirts really hate t-shirts and guys shoes. Barely anything will look good in them. Still I've found that people seem a lot less offended when you're just in a skirt while sticking to male-clothes the rest of the way and doing away with makeup. Shoot I hate makeup on girls, why would I want it on me?

Anyway it seems people are a little less offended when you dress like that. Perhaps because they think you're making a fashion statement? Which you are of course!

I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets. Something I really hate. I wish the male-skirt fad would jumpstart or something...

KimberlyS
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
...I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets.

Skirts are cut many different ways, styles, brands. Even GG's have troubles with sizing. That is why you need to try them on in the stores.

As for pockets, I have several skirts with pockets but seldom use the pockets.

I think all of my jean skirts have pockets plus some others do.

KimberlyS

Jamie001
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Why not carry a purse? I have been carrying one for years and they are the best thing that was even invented.

I feel the same way about women's clothing. Because I have such masculine features and I have a very hairy body, trying to look female is next to impossible. Instead I try and wear skirts that look a bit masculine themselves with close-fitting t-shirts. I've struggled a lot too because skirts really hate t-shirts and guys shoes. Barely anything will look good in them. Still I've found that people seem a lot less offended when you're just in a skirt while sticking to male-clothes the rest of the way and doing away with makeup. Shoot I hate makeup on girls, why would I want it on me?

Anyway it seems people are a little less offended when you dress like that. Perhaps because they think you're making a fashion statement? Which you are of course!

I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets. Something I really hate. I wish the male-skirt fad would jumpstart or something...

Emma England
09-05-2007, 04:18 AM
I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird.

I disagree with this.

A skirt will hang from your waist (or sit on your hips).

It does not make any difference whether you have narrow or wide hips, or a wide or narrow waist.

Skirts will fit everyone. It is pants that are actually harder to fit!

Becky10
09-05-2007, 05:37 AM
You've probably got a consistent message here already, but I'm relatively new to this forum and - believe me - you're in really good company. Whatever you want to do there is no judgement only lots of support.

Enjoy the company!!

Becky
xx

Ashly
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I am wearing skirts in and out every day of the week. Doing so for the last 5 or even more years I never had any negative comments.
My body features would not allow for a passing outfit. No makeup, no wig..just a guy in a skirt...and I love it :)

BTW, I love jeans skirts..They have pockets...fit perfectly and look great. I also have many A-line skirts..with or w/o pockets...In that case I use a sporran for my wallet and keys

Dixie
09-05-2007, 08:43 AM
A skirt?????:eek:
The sales lady told me it was a micromini-KILT!!!!:D

Deanna2
09-06-2007, 02:35 AM
I wear skirts because they are a comfortable item of clothing.

If you are not sure about the aspect of wearing a skirt, then think of it as wearing shorts with only one leg hole.

Jere Oneil
09-06-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm with you. I'm just like the feel of skirts. I do wear panties most of the time and occasionally a bra though. I would never try dressing fully, because even if I could pull it off, I'd probably look like a 6 foot tall pregnant grandmother.

Rachael
09-06-2007, 05:30 AM
I too just love skirts and have no desire to pass, or wear a bra. Although my wife jokes that I am probably already a b cup.
I agree with so many others that skirts are more comfortable than trousers. Fashion designers do try to break the taboo from time to time, but these attempts always seem to fizzle out.
The more people put aside prejudice and accept all aspects of the male/female spectrum the better.

:drink: Rachael

jjjjohanne
09-06-2007, 05:36 AM
I used to be just a hose guy, but then I became more of a any-femme-garment-with-hose guy. I have worn a skirt in public a few times. It is stressful but kinda fun! I always feel out of place here as well when I see conversations in the main page about transitioning and 24/7 enfemme... I've worn makeup 3 times, I think. Those times were for Halloween and costume events so the clothes made sense.

I tried skirtcafe.org, but it has much less conversation than this site and most people there is into kilts without hose. So I drifted back to here. As you see in this post, there are several people like ourselves!

joe

Ashly
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
..... I always feel out of place here as well when I see conversations in the main page about transitioning and 24/7 enfemme.......

I kinda agree on that..It feels one is not fully accepted w/o going the whole nine yards.

Ashly
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm with you. I'm just like the feel of skirts. ......because even if I could pull it off, I'd probably look like a 6 foot tall pregnant grandmother.

:)) that makes 2 of us w/o being pregnant ;)

chucks
09-06-2007, 10:03 AM
yeah i don't have much interest in makeup/wigs/breast forms either.

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I wear a skirt around the house qiute often, but I do like to get fully dressed when I go out since I want to do right by presenting as a proper woman when possible. You belong right here, welcome!

kymmieLorain
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
My manager at work is looking to wear a skirt at work. It will be company standard issue and there is no "rule" saying that guys can't wear skirts.

Kymmie

lmildcd
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I like wearing skirts when the mood strikes me. I only have 2, but hope to get more. Now if I can find some nice tops to go with them.

Denielleinheels
09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I just think it would all be easier if the U.S. would stop being so judgemental and closed minded when as a country we allow things to happen that are totaly hidious.:2c:

Tonks
09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Skirts are cut many different ways, styles, brands. Even GG's have troubles with sizing. That is why you need to try them on in the stores.

As for pockets, I have several skirts with pockets but seldom use the pockets.

I think all of my jean skirts have pockets plus some others do.

KimberlyS

You don't have a wallet?

Jamie001
09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
IF you have a wallet, it is best carried in a purse. Then you don't need to worry about pockets.

You don't have a wallet?

kay2
09-06-2007, 05:53 PM
As I read the posts on this thread, it brings home the idea that really our tastes/preferences/pleasures are as diverse as any group of GG's. I know women that never wear a skirt or dress, women that hate make-up, women that love make-up, ... What sets us apart from mainstream discourse, and brings us together as a community, is that we acknowledge that we have the same broad spectrum of tastes as GG's.

Some of the most active members are into passing, and some are not. I think the community would be improverished if it did not include as wide a range of interests as it does. This thread is a typical example of the interesting discssions that arise from our differences.

Emma England
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Today, I wore a denim above the knee skirt. In guy mode.

I started the day wearing jeans to the cleaning job I have at a local holiday park.

The weather got hot quickly. Too hot for jeans, so changed into the skirt.

Several people must have seen me. The reaction - well none - the same as if I carried on wearing jeans.

I then went on to a cleaning job I have in a local school.
A few people saw me.

Again, no reaction. No strange looks, and no comments at all.

This tells me that people are more accepting than you think.

It does boost my confidence.

Chloe Jean
09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
At first I was just happy wearing lingergie, then dresses, at home. In the past year I have become to addicted to cosmetics -esp lipstick. I find my femmy desire's growing stronger and have decided that I simply have to go out competely en femme. I even daydream at work about being a lady.

I really don't know if i can ever pass for a lady but feel i have to try.
Hugs
Amelia

chucks
09-07-2007, 05:40 PM
i went to the grocery store in guy mode in a knee height polka dot skirt once and got definite looks. lol.

Ashly
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
........ Again, no reaction. No strange looks, and no comments at all......

That how it is here in South Florida..I am out in skirts every day...for shopping..dining..you name it

BillieJoe
09-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree with AllyM if that's all you want to do, Do it. I like to wear Bras and slips and panties but like others I could never pass and would never try. The clothes are all I need right now. So good luck and this seems like a really good place to vent so stick around.

Florensoie
09-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Why do women can wear trousers and men can't do the same with skirts ?

dressy_della
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
And then there are guys that like to wear pink pants... And if I don't wear panties, everyone hates me.

Emma England
09-09-2007, 04:19 AM

But men CAN wear skirts.

Please see my earlier thread on this post.

Ashly
09-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Of course you can wear skirts..Nobody is hindering you but yourself

LeeAnn_cd
09-10-2007, 08:20 AM
There are times that I just sit around the house in a skirt sometimes I don't feel like getting fully dressed but just want the comfort of wearing a skirt skirts are much more comfortable then wearing pants or shorts its nice to feel a breeze blow up your skirt. I do however feel funny going out in public in a skirt in male form I don't feel comfortable but I will go out in public fully dressed as a woman with no problem. Go figure.

joselyn318
09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I started out lingerie only for the past ten or so years and started to move up to skirts and women's capris. I feel more comfortable in skirts. I have yet to go out in public with a skirt on. Maybe I will in the next day or so. I have shave my legs first since I have been in guy mode lately.

LaFem
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Hello Skirt guy!

Welcome!

As you can tell, everyone here is different, or at least they feel they are different.

I just want to suggest that you experiment with dressing more; add some lingerie, heels, make up and a wig. You will just love the feelings!, and I'm sure you'll never go back to just skirts and hose. The feminine world is waiting for you, and as you can see by this forum, most of the time it is a wonderful place to be.

I don't know how this will look when posted, but I have not been able to change fonts or sizes. It seems the type justs wants to stay dark and big. Sorry about that.

I just got back from a long vacation in Europe. I spent a couple weeks in Amsterdam. GO THERE! All the T-girls are slim, trim and so feminine.

Ashly
09-12-2007, 07:50 AM
I started out lingerie only for the past ten or so years and started to move up to skirts and women's capris. I feel more comfortable in skirts. I have yet to go out in public with a skirt on. .....

I think, in the beginning the only reason why I wanted to wear a skirt most of the time was because I really enjoy wearing slips. So..the only way to wear them was to put on a skirt.
Then I found out I need a bra, panties..sometimes hose or stockings.

That all was decades ago..Now I feel very comfy in what I wear..in and out of the house.

Denielleinheels
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM

BEEN ASKING THAT QUESTION FOR YEARS:happy:

Jere Oneil
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM

As several others have said, any man can wear a skirt. There is no law against it that I know of, other than in some opressive societies in the middle east. That said "being accepted" by the general public is quite another thing.

susancheerleader
09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
As several others have said, any man can wear a skirt. There is no law against it that I know of, other than in some opressive societies in the middle east. That said "being accepted" by the general public is quite another thing.

So, if guys are so strong emotionally. Why can't they (we) take a few snickers or being pointed at???? I guess we aren't that strong after all. We bitch about wanting to be accepted wearing a skirt, but we haven't got the balls to do it. If we did it enough, it would become accepted.

andy6432668
09-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I do wear a skirt in male mode on my days off with a see thru top and bra I just love the reaction I get from the stupid red necks. Alot of women will smile.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm new to CD'ing but learning alot. I have worn womens clothes for a long time and find wearing mini skirts the most comfotable attire around. I wear thong's underneath and women's shirts, the shorter the mini the better. Right now I don't wear a wig or use make-up, but I do shave my legs, arms and chest. I don't go out in public during the day yet, but I enjoy walking in the park early every day between 5 and 8:00 AM usually in a mini skirt and feminine shirt. Most people don't even look or say a thing. But walking with a mini on is the most free and un-inhibited feeling in the world. Plus walking shapes up the legs and thighs. As Fall and Winter arrive my skirts change to Spandex leggings, usually black but I've tried bright colors, pinks, greens and reds which I like. Anyone else like the mini Skirts and Spandex Leggings?

noname
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Most people don't even look or say a thing. But walking with a mini on is the most free and un-inhibited feeling in the world. Plus walking shapes up the legs and thighs. As Fall and Winter arrive my skirts change to Spandex leggings, usually black but I've tried bright colors, pinks, greens and reds which I like. Anyone else like the mini Skirts and Spandex Leggings?

A have one mid thigh skirt and it is so comfy. I imagine most guys have no idea whats it like not to have your leggs bound up in fabric 365.

What stores carry quality leggings? I bought a black pair from target, though the quality is crap.

As far as people saying something, most wont. That is usually done on the home front or by your employer. But I must say, Let's hear it for equality!

Ashly
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
..... I guess we aren't that strong after all. We bitch about wanting to be accepted wearing a skirt, but we haven't got the balls to do it. If we did it enough, it would become accepted.

Can only agree on that 100%

Arwen_
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't want to be a girl, but I do feel that I should have every right to wear a skirt .

One ting to remember -- dont you make a fool of the Female gender (the real naturn born Venusian creatures...)
if you stroll outside in a knee length denim skirt, with legs as masculine as they can be, and covered with black hairs?

Of course, you can shave your legs and wear some nice caramel tights (which is so cute to denim) -- but then, arent you a girl?

Tough situation :love:

KateSpade83
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
To all the men who go out in skirts frequently -- are you famous in your neighborhood for being "the skirt man?"

I could never do what you do. And I've lost jobs because they thought I was gay.

CJFMix
09-15-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm the type "alternative fashion for men" style ...

I've started cd'ing at 12 , and now , I'm 50 , and I always wore fem items in a guy's mode !!!

I've never had my hair fixed , make-up or painted toenails !!!
But , I've always use hair removal lotions for my legs ...

For many of us , it's simply impossible to pass "en femme" ...
It could be , because of their size , their stature , their nose , the way they walk , etc ...

Or , for some of us , like me , there is no intention to impersonate or passing as a girl !!!

We're just guys liking the feel and comfort of fem garments !!!

I wear skirts mostly , but I especialy like tights and pantyhoses .
I like the ones with patterns on them ,
small stipes , large stripes , squares or lozanges
fishnets , whatever has dots , lines & patterns ,
I go nuts !!!

From time to time , I like the feel of a A cup padded bra !!!

When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!

Ashly
09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I shave my legs and I think they look not bad at all ..for my age ;)....
Some GG's don't shave their legs..don't tell me that looks better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silkyslips/364629725/

rosethorn
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Dear Jere, I find the quote you made to be very interesting, I like to sometimes wear a sarong around my apartment when I have some time off from teaching or studying, and I find it to quite relaxing, Also, I think that if women can choose between pants or ksirts and dresses, us men should have the same freedom of choice. I admit to being afraid of society's approval, but as I'm getting older, it is occurring to me more and more that men should stop oppressing themselves with this stupid double standard.

docrobbysherry
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm the type "alternative fashion for men" style ...

I've started cd'ing at 12 , and now , I'm 50 , and I always wore fem items in a guy's mode !!!

I've never had my hair fixed , make-up or painted toenails !!!
But , I've always use hair removal lotions for my legs ...

For many of us , it's simply impossible to pass "en femme" ...
It could be , because of their size , their stature , their nose , the way they walk , etc ...

Or , for some of us , like me , there is no intention to impersonate or passing as a girl !!!

We're just guys liking the feel and comfort of fem garments !!!

I wear skirts mostly , but I especialy like tights and pantyhoses .
I like the ones with patterns on them ,
small stipes , large stripes , squares or lozanges
fishnets , whatever has dots , lines & patterns ,
I go nuts !!!

From time to time , I like the feel of a A cup padded bra !!!

When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!

CJF, you said; "---guys like the feel and comfort of fem garments". OK. I'll buy the feel part. A girdle, or any tite undergarment. Heels and hose. Tite belt and bra w/forms. OMG! But confort? I'm NOT buyin' it. You mentioned,
" --tights and pantyhose with patterns, stripes, dots, fishnets, I go nuts!" What does any of that have to with comfort? Just the looks, AND feel of the clothes, rite? I think that's mostly why we dress. If I want comfort, I'l put on old jeans, loose shirt, and some loafers. But that won't make me, " --go nuts!"
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Michelle 51
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I can relate to what your saying skirt guy.When my wife and i are home alone(not often enough) i slip into a skirt,panties,full slip heels and panty-hose with a guy t-shirt and lounge around all evening but i admit i also love lipstick dresses,earrings and wigs but she doesn't like to see me like that so she prefers i'm alone when i dress up fully but more often then not even when i,m a lone i dress mostly waist down.

Ashly
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I ..... i slip into a skirt,panties,full slip heels and panty-hose with a guy t-shirt and lounge around all evening .... when i,m a lone i dress mostly waist down.

I do the same..I actually learned to like it that way