PDA

View Full Version : how much do u spend?

chatnat GG
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
This may be hard but how much do u alow yourself to spend on your femme self per month? my partner is a crossdresser from australia and our budget allows him to spend $150 a week but i feel this is too much. If in another currency please expain roughly what u do purchase with the allowence? Any advise would be great?

Wendy me
09-04-2007, 08:26 AM
chatnat i never gave my self a allowance to spend mostly if is see something i like i but it ...but the last 3 months i have not been out shopping ..the $150.00 a week sounds fair ..... my wife is uncooperative so we don't talk abought it .... but if she did i sure some kinda guide lines just might be put in place......

Amanda Shaft
09-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Ahhh! What a question! I spend lots: Clothes, electrolysis, shoes, ear piercing, nights out etc. Still if I wasn’t spending it on my wardrobe I’d only be wasting money on something else!
Amanda x
$150 sounds okay to me though!

Phoebe Reece
09-04-2007, 08:52 AM
$ 150 a week may seem like a lot, but a few clarifications are needed to see if it really is. First, I would assume since you are in Australia, that is 150 Australian dollars (which are about 20 % lower than US $'s). You should look at what percentage of net income that represents. And then, look at what percentage of disposable income (available for non-necessities) that represents. If $ 150 is a high percentage it may be a cause for concern. That same $ 150 would be a problem for some people and no problem for others. In my own case, I spend less than 3 % of net income and less than 10 % of disposable income on my femme activities.

BarbaraTalbot
09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
$150/week..outrageous! Thats $600 per month or almost 1/2 our mortgage payment. Thats $7,200 per year or more than I spent on my mid-life crisis 14 second hotrod.

My femme side would say, ooo did he get anything cute this week?

Seriously though, I don't know the exchange rate From AU to US dollars. In US dollars, Dee and I went crazy at thrift stores lately and have spent maybe 1/2 that, to take Barbara from no wardrobe to having more femme clothes than male, and more clothes than Dee had prior to finding out about Barbara. Barbara is needy, a little selfish, a clothes horse, and a shop-aholic and of the $150 or so we did spend Saturday, probably 75% went to her. I do not think this can or should last though.

Shopping in and of itself for GG's, CD's, Male Models, and the like can become compulsive. Just like any other addiction it would be well to examine not only what he spends but why 'she' spends. Is it a soothing ritual 'she' has developed? Does she hide shopping or minimize what she has bought? Does she tend to buy things that she neither needs nor actually ever wears.

Having read this as I write this I realize I am going to have to add another 12 step fellowship to my resume....:(

joann07
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
$150 a week sounds reasonable.
However, I don't think I've spent that much in a month.

tommi
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Is he/she fulltime ,myself being partime ,I spend less than $50 a month but I
I have found shopping and trying on clothes quite fullfiling.
It seems a waist to spend any more.

Karren H
09-04-2007, 09:36 AM
$150 is a lot.. Even at the current exchange rate of 1.211 aussie dollars to the US dollar... I was typically spending $50 a week.. Of between $2,000 and $3,000 a year on fem things.. But then again I can afford to spend that much and more if I want.. So really depends on how much he makes!!

And there does come a time where you have 50 bras and 150 panties and 75 skirts and 300 pairs of heels!! Lol. So is he crossdressing or does he have a shopping fetish?? :D

Karren

Stephenie S
09-04-2007, 09:57 AM
OMG, I spend everything I have!

This stuff is expensive!!

I am hoping that this budget drain will calm down after a while but right now I spend $230 a week just on electrolysis, $90 a week on voice therapy, $50 on clothes, and more.

It depends how much you have. Can you afford it? As was said so wisely above, it's not so much the actual sum, as it is the percentage of your income.

Lovies,
Stephenie

MJ
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
$150 a week is a lot of money , i don't spend that a month !!! . about $60.00 cdn . nails , eyebrows waxed , and hair and maybe $1.500.00 a year if that

KellyCD
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
For me it's more like $150~300 at a time, but that might be once every 3 to 6 months or so. I simply do not need to spend $150+ every week on girly stuff.

I have much more important things to spend that money on, like my children.

Kate Simmons
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Whoa--Jump back Loretta! That's a lot I think. Even in my "heyday", I didn't spend that much a week on stuff. Now I have to be a frugal CD and am on a retirement budget. Haven't bought any clothes lately, makeup maybe. At that rate, he's gonna need to rent a storage unit for all of that stuff. Good luck with that.:happy:

Sandra
09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Nigella never had an allowance, if we couldn't afford it she didn't get it and it's still the same now and that goes for both of us.

Lisa Golightly
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I spend loooooooooooooooooooooooooooads :)

Caroline Simmons
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
It varies sometime I may spend £100, then I may go a month without spending anything

Sharon
09-04-2007, 01:17 PM
It depends on what a person's income is and whether other financial obligations are being ignored or pushed back because of it.

I tend to spend a ton of money at the beginning of each season, but then I don't buy a thing for a couple months. I would guess that I average less than $100US per week.

Billijo49504
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
We have 5 Real Women Dollars, and you get one for every $50 you spend. But that's not every month. The last time I got 2 pr of jeans and some new panties and a bra. The wife got all the rest. But she buys me more items, than I buy for myself. But if it's a sale item and then the 31% employee discount, it's not that much.....BJ

jenniferj
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I can look back at my Mastercard, and get some numbers, but NewportNews is the big culprit and they say I've saved about 150. by being in the (10% discount) club the last 3 years. That's probably 3/4 of it, with dribs and drabs here for makeup, hosiery, and so forth. So we're talking about 700/year, 60/month.

Of course a lot depends on where you are in the dressing cycle (It obviously costs much more when you first start to get the "basics") and what your tastes are. It also depends on what your disposable income is - there have certainly been times in my life when I could not have afforded to spend this much "silly" money.

What are your other entertainment expenses? How much do you spend on neccessary clothes for the both of you? Only you two can figureout what's reasonable.

jj

soccervixen
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I guess it depends on your income, how much you dress, and whether or not you are going out a lot. That would be a LOT for me ... I might spend that much every couple months at the most, though in the past 2 weeks I have spent about $150 on a bit of a mini-binge (for me).

Stephanie Mancini
09-04-2007, 01:59 PM
$150 seems very fair , just don't let it overtake your bank balance ,we girls want everything , yesterday!!!!

Steph

Jennilouise
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
i wish i had $150 aus. to spend converted to pounds which is about £80 a week to spend i am luck to get £80 every 6 months

crunchysoda
09-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Im another that thinks that's a *a lot* of money! I admit I love to go shopping.

Keep me out of Target cuz that place is dangerous!! :devil:

I dont think it matters whether it's for a male/female, cder or not that's a good amount of money for anyone to spend on clothes, accessories.

A month ok, but a week?
Come on people!!

I guess it also depends on how much money you make as well. Id consider us about middle class. An ever shrinking class for sure.

Deborah Jane
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I spend about £100 a month [RoughlyUS$190] Less during the summer months, as i want the money for holidays etc!!

Corinna E
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
one thing that i have noticed personally is that it is very hard for me to feel good about the way i look in male mode without brand name designer clothing...as a male i need the label on the clothes, however i have found that in femme there are a lot of other inexpensive options. i mean i dont know what the exchange is but i could get A LOT!!! for 150 a week. maybe you guys could compromise where your SO changes her budget to more affordable items. that way she still gets the wardrobe additions and it wont be as much out of your regular allowance!!

hope i was helpful!!!
<3 cori

Ema1234 GG
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
How much do you spend on yourself chatnat? If it's roughly the same then I'd say that yes it's ok. It all depends on how much disposable income you both have between you. It's not really a question anyone else can answer.

But personally, I'd say it's ok for him to spend the same amount as you per week.

DonnaT
09-04-2007, 03:34 PM
That's about $124 U.S.

I can go for months without spending that much. In fact, I've hardly ever spent that much in a month.

I could, I reckon, if the occasion warrants it. Like a party/event which calls for a new formal or semi-formal gown.

I reckon it really comes down to need.

I've established a wardrobe, that may need to be added to on rare occasion. Makeup that may need renewing. Going out on occasion. Dry cleaners on occasion. None of which requires a fem allowance of $124 a week. Heck, I don't even spend that much on my guy self.

When I do feel the need to splurge a little, I generally look for items on sale.

bridget thronton
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I feel like I shop a lot (but mostly bargain hunting) - I suspect I spend less than $100 a month (unless I but a new suit).

PaulaJaneThomas
09-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I probably average about £40 per month, which is quite a lot less than I spend on beer :drink::drink::drink:

cindybarnes
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess if you buy $100.00 silk blouses,, $150.00 a week doesn't sound like a lot. Same with jewelry
Someone just starting out dressing may need a little of everything, that can add up fast !
Myself I have more clothes than I have room for and started buying mostly from thrift shops when I do buy something.
I am looking at a human hair wig so thats another reason to be happy with what I have for now. When I break down and buy it I can say,, heck,, not bought anything for months LOL
Not counting trip costs I probably have been spending $500.00 or less a year

Cindy

angelfire
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I spend relatively little. The most expensive thing I've bought was a pair of shoes, which came up to $50 after shipping. But then again, finding size 15 shoes for cheap is hard.

The rest of my clothes I've bought thrift (except for panties, but even those I generally buy from places like wal-mart, or bargain places). I also don't buy every week, or even every other week. In the past month, I'd say I spend about $65 tops (including the shoes), but then again, I am still starting out my wardrobe, and don't even have a decent top yet, and only 1 skirt that actually fits. I think tonight I might go shopping though.

Lovely Rita
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I am a bad example. no restraint, see something and I buy it. Deal with the repercussions later. I probably need therapy.

KateSpade83
09-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Most I've spent in a week was around $436 buying 3 beautiful skirt suits. Then I can go weeks without buying stuff if I don't see anything I liked. since my last purge in 2001 maybe I've spent $5000 total.

For money exchange rates - see XE.com

Genevera
09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I get 20$ a week for lunch money and I eat off of dollar menus or raman noodles to strech it. On weekends another 20 to play with Garage sales and such, Every couple of weeks or so I manage to put aside about 20 dollars of mad money, I spend it how I wish, not always on girl stuff the guy's gotta play too :)

Zee
09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
My hobbies (aside from crossdressing) come to about $300.00/mo. Add another $200.00/mo for clothing (wife and I both). Yea its a little much. Seriously thinking of dropping a lot of my hobby expenses in favor of nice frilly things. I can't imagine tho spending $500.00/mo on clothing, so maybe I can start saving money... ROFLMAO... ah that was a good one.

We really do not have a budget for clothing, but if we can afford it and we like it, we buy it. Simple as that.

Roxi Loh
09-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I spend too much...but I dont spend 150 per week. That sounds a little excessive. However, if I was going out every night on the town it would not be near enough...

Debbie47
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
So far this year I have spent 700 dollars on shoes, clothes, makeup and jewelry. As a comparison on other things I buy, I spent 500 dollars on my radio control hobby so far also. Bought a new cheap bowling ball for about 65 dollars.

andreaattimes
09-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Too Much

noname
09-05-2007, 12:23 AM
My wife and I allow ourselves $25 dollars a week. This is money we don't have to account for. We can use it for fast food, clothes etc... I will say this $25 a week includes clothes and shoes. It definately makes you try to save and really make your dollars count. So you can guess how I feel about 150 a week, my wife and I get 200 a month for BOTH OF US!

rachel_rachel
09-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Having read most of the replies, I think i'm the only one that can relate as in terms of dollars. I'm also in Melbourne, Australia. $150 a week is a fairly large amount to be spending on women's clothing. I would say that i probably spend up to about $50 - $75 a week some weeks.

Sometimes i might not spend anything.

Ebay is a curse for me though, my wife says she's ok with me doing what i'm doing as it helps with my depression, and as long as i'm not spending the money i have aside for the house repayments... all is ok.

Just last weekend i think i spent $50 on hair accessories alone.
Kmart is having a sale starting tomorrow too.... Might just be finding myself there checking it out.

shauna 9
09-05-2007, 02:18 AM
I will go for many months without spend money last night I played three orders with fredericks of Hollywood . if you spend $250 then you could take off 75 dollars . I saved $225. So I spent $375 last night

chatnat GG
09-05-2007, 03:45 AM
This may be hard but how much do u alow yourself to spend on your femme self per month? my partner is a crossdresser from australia and our budget allows him to spend $150 a week but i feel this is too much. If in another currency please expain roughly what u do purchase with the allowence? Any advise would be great?

Thanx for your help.. His wardrobe is bigger than mine but he mainly spends money on waxing, make up etc. He only dressers around once a month but hasnt dressed in a while but will be soon. We run our own business so finacially we can afford it and i look at it like his hobby but because his the one who works and im a stay at home mum i just except his spending but i will show him these responces:tongueout. His not a member and doesnt interact with other cds. I would just prefer for some of the money to go towards something that we ave something to show for